MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if LE has checked the surrounding hospitals for anyone who might have had any burn injuries?:thinking: If someone had to get close enough to ignite the accelerant , I would think there would be a big blow back. Or just maybe I've been watching too many YouTube videos where someone says "Here, hold my beer and watch this" when they light a bonfire doused with gas or lighter fluid and the burn pile basically explodes into flames. A lot of times ending in burn injures closest to the fire.:moo:

I'm wondering if LE has checked the surrounding hospitals for anyone who might have had any burn injuries?:thinking: If someone had to get close enough to ignite the accelerant , I would think there would be a big blow back. Or just maybe I've been watching too many YouTube videos where someone says "Here, hold my beer and watch this" when they light a bonfire doused with gas or lighter fluid and the burn pile basically explodes into flames. A lot of times ending in burn injures closest to the fire.:moo:

I'm sure they have probably checked, of course it would all depend on how the perp was dressed that night. You can see by the videos that everyone was bundled up pretty good due to the cold weather. If he was wearing a jacket and gloves, there is a good chance he probably wouldn't have suffered any burns or singed hair at all. If he had been wearing a t-shirt however, you would think he would have at least had a bunch of singed hair on his hands and arms.

That is probably the type of information that the 10K reward is trying to seek out, anybody that came home that night smelling like burned hair and gasoline.

I'm sure they have probably checked, of course it would all depend on how the perp was dressed that night. You can see by the videos that everyone was bundled up pretty good due to the cold weather. If he was wearing a jacket and gloves, there is a good chance he probably wouldn't have suffered any burns or singed hair at all. If he had been wearing a t-shirt however, you would think he would have at least had a bunch of singed hair on his hands and arms.

That is probably the type of information that the 10K reward is trying to seek out, anybody that came home that night smelling like burned hair and gasoline.

Excellent post and food for thought, steelman..
With the exception of spontaneous human combustion incidents, the stench of burning flesh is a very distinct and unpleasantly pungent acrid odor. Most experienced firefighters know and recognize this smell immediately upon arrival at a fire scene. The perp/s that ignited JC would have been contaminated with this unique stench and would likely be nauseated from inhaling the smoke. Folks should be made aware of this, in case they came in contact with the perp/s after the crime was committed that tragic day...

Burned Alive: A Shocking True Story of Betrayal, Kidnapping, and Murder
https://books.google.com/books?id=X... or acrid odor of human flesh burning&f=false

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...ath-jessica-chambers-says-he-did-not-know-her

BBM

Well, there it is... the name she uttered, at least that is what it sounded like to the EMT anyway.

Derrick Turner was questioned, Eric Bibbs was questioned....both claim they know nothing, naturally.

Jessica obviously would have been in a deep state of shock, her speech slurred, and due to the gash on her head, she may have had a concussion as well. I'm sitting here this morning trying to think of other words that closely rhyme with those or could be misinterpreted as "Eric" or "Derrick".

Neither of those really sounds like a last name.....but who knows ?

Can anybody else think of anything ? Erica...Merrick.....

Is Eric or Derrick a common abbreviated version of a longer name such as Jim and James, Richard and Dick,
Bill and William, etc.?

That community has a population of 460 people, this can't be all that hard to sift through. Then again, maybe it was someone visiting from another town, "hanging out" so to speak, like at a gas station or a local party.

Is it possible this individual "told her" his name, before or during the assault, but it was a complete lie ? Could this have been an unknown friend of one of the Eric's or Derricks, and that's what she was trying to convey to the EMT ?

Might 'eric' or ' derrick' sound like any towns, neighborhoods, streets, etc. in that area? I wonder if she meant where she had been . **speculative**

Are we sure that she whispered a name to the volunteer firefighter?

From what I have read in MSM, firefighters responded to the call thinking it was just a car fire. Did an ambulance follow? Could she have said medic?

I want and hope so badly that Jessica was strong enough to help point to her killer(s). I just take issue with anyone being able do that with 90% of their body burned.

Thank you SStarr33 for posting a link to these photos.

IMHO, the driver's seat is NOT reclined to the same extreme position as the passenger seat (as illustrated below). Even allowing for the photo angle, the passenger seat is obviously reclined to a greater degree than the driver's seat. In addition, the passenger seat appears to be "pushed back" farther away from the dashboard than Jessica's driver's seat. This would allow for a longer-legged passenger, such as a male or female who was considerably taller than Jessica.

So the passenger seat wasn't burned down to the metal frame?

Since her father said she had received a traumatic blow to her head before being burned, I have wondered if whoever did this after hitting her in the head he may have reclined the passenger seat way back and placed her body there in a prone position so no one could see her in the car if they passed by. Then when he went to the remote area he took her from the passenger seat and put her in the drivers seat. That is when he soaked her body and the car down with an accelerant, imo.

Once doing that he could have stood back at some distance and threw a match through the window if he had rolled it down. It would ignite very quickly because the fumes would already be building up inside of the car.

IMO

I watched the cctv service station video. From what I can tell....IMOO,,,,, she exits her car and it looks like someone gets her attention and she walks to another car? Can anyone tell me what likely happens next ?
Is she in the other car?

At footage marked 06:25:48 Jessica Chambers moves to exit screen-right, and to converse with some unseen party. Chambers then reappears at footage mark 06:27:02 in order to enter the station doorway at 06:27:15.

*Note: View both the Youtube video (a) "Gas station surveillance video captures Jessica Chambers' last hour"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReFu42xD8rs, and (b) the video posted at FB's MyFoxMemphis https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152791821006877&set=vb.53650881876&type=2&theater in order to get a clear picture of what transpired. Unfortunately the 1 minute and 14 sec time-lapse between 06:25:48 and 06:27:02 has not been revealed from either of the two available cam views.

There are a lot of things that make me wonder why there are no federal investigators in this case, or why the FBI hasn't stepped in and taken over.

The FBI cant take over a State case. The one in charge is the local jurisdiction PD.

The FBI can only come in on cases like this when the local PD ask them to assist. They can only assist. They cant takeover the investigation. The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and the US Marshalls office plus ATF are assisting though.

IMO

I thought the exact same thing last night. I doubt the police there in a town of under 500 people would have experience or any knowledge of how to deal with something like this and there is massive potential for them to screw up. They should be taking this more seriously. Plus I cant get the comment from them about not to expect any arrests soon out of my head, so unusual.

Man questioned in the death Jessica Chambers says he did not know her
By Janice Broach reports Dec 12, '14 11:09 pm EST
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...ath-jessica-chambers-says-he-did-not-know-her

From this video.

(news anchor) "We're horrified and on Monday we're taking action, working to get justice for jessica a team of 7 wmcactionnews5 investigators are going to panola county, we'll spend all day and night in panola county, we will fan out across the county asking questions, digging for answers. Then we will have a live show at 10pm to show what we found out." (paraphrasing)

I agree! ...... we have not heard anything about the DYI car washes in the area have we? 90minutes is a long time and I keep thinking that she could have been cornered at a car wash bay.

There is a DIY car wash called Speedy Car Wash less than a mile from where she was found.

Screenshot (50% reduction).png
Are two different guys in striped shirts getting gas in a container? There's the big one by the front hood of her car who appears from nowhere at the side and then shuffles off just as Jessica is picking something up before she enters the store. He just pops into the video as there's a time skip in the video. Then there is the guy reported to have been cleared in the video below who is wearing a different kind of striped shirt, not as big a guy and has a big gas canister at the counter and while existing the store. I'm not at all sure, but it seems like two different guys. You can see at about 2:40 below
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...rt-burning-victim-before-death?autostart=true

The big lumbering guy by her hood seems like a different guy here
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/08/mississippi-woman-set-on-fire/20082929/

More coverage from tonight:
Family, friends plead for answers at Jessica Chambers’ visitation
By Caitlin Aexander Dec 12, '14 11:07
http://wreg.com/2014/12/12/family-friends-plead-for-answers-at-jessica-chambers-visitation/

No. There is only one striped jacket person. Your reference to "two different guys" refers to the same person; he wears the same jacket. He is seen exiting the front doorway at footage mark 06:25:59 (appx), carrying a gas can, moving towards Chambers' gas pump at footage mark 06:26:10. From that point on, he can be seen in the background of the videos filling his gas can until he departs screen-right at footage mark 06:27:15.

Note: The best view of his gas pump activity -- after he has exited the doorway -- can be seen in the Youtube video "Gas station surveillance...." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReFu42xD8rs). Also, in order to capture the above image you need to be very quick, and to perform "stop-'n-go clicking" in the MyFoxMemphis vid, as soon as Chambers departs screen-right at 06:25:48 (https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152791821006877&set=vb.53650881876&type=2&theater); this image is a screen capture, reduced 50%...

3 FB accounts that were all created in August/Sept 2014, that's a bit odd. Wonder what's that about, and the bottom one say's this aint jessica :thinking:

Yes, there's something not right about this ^^.

I thought the exact same thing last night. I doubt the police there in a town of under 500 people would have experience or any knowledge of how to deal with something like this and there is massive potential for them to screw up. They should be taking this more seriously. Plus I cant get the comment from them about not to expect any arrests soon out of my head, so unusual.

It's the Panola County Sheriff's Department, not Courtland Police, that's in charge of the investigation, correct? And IIRC, they are utilizing the resources of several other agencies (mentioned in the presser).

Law enforcement in this area have solved some pretty big murders in recent memory. I'm friends with a number of LE and DAs/Assistant DAs in this "neck of the woods," and they are diligent to the point of being bull dogs. It would be highly unusual for any one of them not to know the victim, family, or family of family of the victim in a murder case. This fuels their dedication to solving the crimes. I would put "IMO" after that statement, only I've seen it in action.

I hope everyone will remember: Just because this is Mississippi; just because this happened in a small community does not mean that LE = Barney Fife.

If you read back from the beginning of this thread, or spend some time at the Justice for Jessica FB page, you will come across the story of a woman who claims to have been kidnapped or followed from the same store years ago. She was set on fire.

From this video.

(news anchor) "We're horrified and on Monday we're taking action, working to get justice for jessica a team of 7 wmcactionnews5 investigators are going to panola county, we'll spend all day and night in panola county, we will fan out across the county asking questions, digging for answers. Then we will have a live show at 10pm to show what we found out." (paraphrasing)

Glad to hear that someone is trying to figure this out.

(modsnip)

Bumping Bessies post

ADMIN NOTE: If you are following friends and family on their personal FB pages, that's your business. You CANNOT post about it here, however.
Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Etiquette & Information

Add to the above, blogs that have not been approved by the mod team, as well as comments/rumors/posts from readers of news articles and public FB pages. In this case, the only approved sources are mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement releases, and one "justice for" FB page.

NOTE: If you cannot link to it, you cannot post it, nor post about it. "It" is OFF LIMITS.

Thanks.

From this video.

Sounds like the news media is getting geared up to do the job that LE either can't or won't.

Just a reminder folks. Treehouse is not an acceptable reference for information and a politically based site. It is not MSM so please do not repeat rumors from that site.

Thanks, Lambchop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member