MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from a small town as well, I can't imagine the police are well equipped for this type of crime, not knocking them, but I'm also going to throw in scared as well. If town's people aren't talking, I'm assuming they are afraid, that gas station, at least for me, that is some place I wouldn't go. Unless I desperately needed gas, or desperately needed other things being sold there. I thought this was going to be easily solved in the beginning, now, I do not. Could some of the people at the gas station, the owner, and others milling around, for lack of better words, basically own the town? Don't go against us, sort of thing? I know living in a small town, there is nothing going on, and it would be easy to fall into stuff you may not normally do? Not suggesting Jessica was like that, but I'm sure the poor girl was bored, and happy to go to her job, just for a change.

Judging from what I've gleaned about the community, it appears as though M&M...Station is a primary community center. Under that circumstance, I imagine it is common for almost everything to come and go from there. Thus the tow truck probably elected to make a stop there before continuing...
Good LE protocol does not appear to be involved in this small-town, crime investigation. At the moment, one wonders why the US Marshalls aren't pursuing a more aggressive position.

Maybe they are, but it's hush hush dangerous business. They probably suspect that there is more than ONE perp. Also, I wonder if the only gas station in town owns the only flatbed wrecker in town? JMO

Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
I was just reading about this, shes commenting on WLBT here https://www.facebook.com/WLBT3/photo...type=1&theater

Scary!

The lady in question (L. H) was commenting on this post I linked.

Mink trial set to start Wednesday
Posted on November 19, 2013
http://djournal.com/news/mink-trial-set-start-wednesday/
<sniped - Read More @ Link>

Psych Work Up for Man Accused of Setting Woman on Fire
http://www.newsms.fm/tag/christopher-mink/
November 20, 2013 | Chris Davis
TUPELO, Miss.–It was Sept. of last year when a woman was kidnapped, beaten severely and set on fire with gasoline. She managed to stop, drop and roll and then to run away when the flames were finally out. Now the man accused in the crime is set for trial today.
Published 4:25 PM CDT Sep 18, 2012

http://www.wapt.com/news/mississipp...of-beating-woman-setting-her-on-fire/16652342

Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson said Christopher Mink, 43, and Chere Clark, 40, lured the 27-year-old woman on Friday to a home in the Pratts community, where she was attacked. Mink and Clark are accused of driving the unconscious and bound woman to a remote wooded area where they poured an accelerant on her and set her on fire, Johnson said.

The woman, whose name police have not released, was able to put out the fire, free her legs and walk quite a distance to a residence for help, Johnson said.

I thought the exact same thing last night. I doubt the police there in a town of under 500 people would have experience or any knowledge of how to deal with something like this and there is massive potential for them to screw up. They should be taking this more seriously. Plus I cant get the comment from them about not to expect any arrests soon out of my head, so unusual.

Courtland is just a suburb of Batesville which is not small. I would think the Panola County Sheriff's Department handles their law enforcement issues. I do not live very far from this area and it is a town we love. We have friends there. They are very upset about this and I am certain LE is facing big pressure to solve this. Rumors are abundant.

Has anyone come to speculation on why her bumper was damaged?
Any amazing sleuth here able to find areas of interest in photos (downed tree, broken fence, etc.) based on MSM photographs?

News reports are saying she planned on taking her car to Batesville for a wash. Which is 9 minutes north of M&M.

Something was either in the south-west area of M&M, or someone took her there.

Batesville is the hub. The Goody's she worked at would be in Batesville. The Sonic she frequented is in Batesville. She attended high school in Batesville and South Panola High is a huge school for our area. The vigil today will be in the square in Batesville. They are about 20+ minutes from Oxford and many people go there for movies, restaurants, shopping as it is a college town. It is probably about 35 minutes to Southaven and just a bit further to Memphis.

WHAT SITES CAN I LINK?

1. Mainstream media news (MSM)
2. Justice for Jessica Lane FB -- https://www.facebook.com/JUSTICEforJESSICALANE
3. Law enforcement websites

CAN I LINK TO A BLOG?

NO blogs are approved in this case at the moment.

CAN I LINK TO A FB PAGE OTHER THAN THE "JUSTICE FOR" PAGE?

MSM or LE related FB and Twitter pages; and Jessica's personal page. Remember, you CANNOT post names of her FB friends, sleuth her friends, or gossip about them.

CAN I POST ABOUT WHAT I READ AT AN OFF LIMITS SITE?

NO. If the site can't be linked, then you can't post what you read on it.

CAN I POST PHOTOS FROM A PERSONAL FB PAGE?

NO. Images must come from an approved source (i.e., MSM) and be accompanied by a link to the source.

Rules: Etiquette & Information

[...]

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player.

[...]

Posting a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board&#8217;s Private Message function or email staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

BBM

Hilltop shooting
9/20/2014

The Hilltop store had apparently been the venue for a party.

<snip>

Panola County Sheriff's Dept. Investigator Barry Thompson said that law enforcement do not yet have a statement about their investigation into the shootings.

"It will be a little while. We are still going," Thompson replied in text message about 7 a.m.

Sheriff confirms Panola gang disturbance

POSTED 5:10 PM, SEPTEMBER 22, 2014, BY DENNIS TURNER

”It’s obviously gang-related, you know. We’ve been going on three years working on gang relationships,” said Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby, who believes it’s a sign that gangs, which used to come from out of town, have begun to take root locally.

Neighbors say they woke up after hearing shots coming from here. But as we found before in Panola County, those people were too intimidated by what happened to talk on camera about it.

Sheriff Darby says that continues to present a problem, but he’s making progress.

<snip>

”Of course we’re on top of it. We know what happened, we know who did it,” Darby said.

And he says it won’t take long for him to prove it.

20-year-old and 23-year-old dead, three others injured!

Incident happened on 9/21/14. No arrests made to date. :banghead:

Regarding the reclined seats. . .

I spoke to an electrical/mechanical engineer who worked for a forensic investigation company for years, often on cases involving fire. I showed him the pictures of the reclined seats and asked if they could have dropped into a reclining position as the upholstery and plastics melted away. He said absolutely not; to his knowledge, all gears for reclining seats are made of sturdy metal parts so they will not snap under the weight of a heavy person or impact.

But then he said that it's entirely possible the seats could have been reclined by firefighters trying to get a better angle at putting out part of a fire, or even investigators at the scene who may have reclined the seats for reasons we do not know.

BBM

20-year-old and 2-year-old dead, three others injured!

Incident happened on 9/21/14. No arrests made to date. :banghead:

I'm with you PTF. I sincerely hope they make an arrest sooner rather than later. Her cellphone should be the key clue, because from what we know about the case, she slept away most of that Saturday. The only reason that I can think of is that she got an important text from a guy that she liked. This guy might have said something like "come pick me up" or "come to this party". She received a phone call as she was leaving the gas station, so surely LE has all this information given that they have her phone. The should also be able to cross reference pings. Like if John Doe called her, then where did his phone ping at the time of the murder. However, this is a small town and possibly with only one or two cell towers.

But in their defense, all they can do is interrogate those last people to contact her/see her alive. IF they don't admit to it, then there is no case.

Frustrating. Praying the perp will confess...

I'm with you PTF. I sincerely hope they make an arrest sooner rather than later. Her cellphone should be the key clue, because from what we know about the case, she slept away most of that Saturday. The only reason that I can think of is that she got an important text from a guy that she liked. This guy might have said something like "come pick me up" or "come to this party". She received a phone call as she was leaving the gas station, so surely LE has all this information given that they have her phone. The should also be able to cross reference pings. Like if John Doe called her, then where did his phone ping at the time of the murder. However, this is a small town and possibly with only one or two cell towers.

But in their defense, all they can do is interrogate those last people to contact her/see her alive. IF they don't admit to it, then there is no case.

A perp doesn't have to confess in order for there to be a case. Forensic evidence, cell phone evidence, witness testimony, etc, all can be used to build a case without a confession.

bbm

After she pumped gas, she re-entered the store, bought cigarettes, and drove away, headed south on the highway, he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/burning-death-inquiry-eyes-womans-hours-27515550

I'm thinking who ever it was is the reason she went back in and got the cigarettes. I wonder if the cigarettes were still in the car burnt up.

bbm

After she pumped gas, she re-entered the store, bought cigarettes, and drove away, headed south on the highway, he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/burning-death-inquiry-eyes-womans-hours-27515550

I'm thinking who ever it was is the reason she went back in and got the cigarettes. I wonder if the cigarettes were still in the car burnt up.

So many questions arise from this, IMO.

If you look on google maps (M&M is what used to be a JD's), you will see a large, southern rectangle patch of grass and gravel. It appears to be a hangout/parking area for this gas station.

Can we be sure, for 100%, that Jessica drove away from this gas station alone? (*leads to speculation about her bumper.)

I never dress up to pump gas, ever. Grocery store, sure. I will put on jeans and put some dry shampoo in my hair.
A party? You will have me in the shower and putting on makeup.
But, gas station?? . . . I am sure I am on video in my neighborhood wearing house pants or boxers. Embarrassing, but I have no shame. I work and live at home, with kids, and a trip to the gas station does not require me to dress up.

If she really bought cigarettes, what made it so important to create a dual trip southbound of her home (an errand of sorts), to help said person out and maybe create some personal time? Did that person need a ride somewhere farther than her $5 allowance that Ali said she was known for? Was that person also hungry? Why hasn't said person spoke up if they do exist (and it isn't because Jessica is a closet smoker, which could be the case)?

Which leads us to, . . . who stopped her in the south side shadows of the store?

I have so many questions. I know LE might be keeping it all close, but the gas station is a HUGE and important factor in all of this.

I know we can't sleuth family members, but I do find it odd that Jessica's mom has barely been mentioned.

How many ppl in Courtland? Batesville? Panola County?

Per this site, 13 RSOs in Courtland alone!?!?!?!?!

http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Mississippi/Panola-County/Courtland.html
"Courtland, MS Sex Offender Registry StatisticsWelcome to the Homefacts directory for registered Sex Offenders! Homefacts is a free service to help locate registered Sex Offenders within Courtland, MS.
A search for our database shows there are 13 registered Sex Offenders in Courtland, MS. Courtland, MS has a ratio of 215.23 offenders per 10,000 residents. This is higher than the national average of 14.06 offenders per 10,000 residents.
Of the 13 offenders in Courtland, MS, 13 are viewable on the map, while 0 are not due to to the offenders being transient or their address being unmappable."

Another page from above site re crime rates in Courtland states:
"Courtland, MS Crime Report
**exact area not in database, data below is from Batesville, MS" bbm

Is it poss that the 13 RSOs are also from more populous Batesville area, rather than from Courtland alone?

From same site:
Homefacts City ReportCourtland is located in Panola County, MS. The population is 604, making Courtland the 5th largest city in Panola County.
There are 0 public schools in Courtland with an average Homefacts rating of NA. there are 13 registered sex offenders residing in the city. Unemployment in Courtland is high and the median home sales price is $0.
Cities near Courtland include Pope, Batesville and Enid.". bbm

FWIW, but not sure of source of stats.

So many questions arise from this, IMO.

If you look on google maps (M&M is what used to be a JD's), you will see a large, southern rectangle patch of grass and gravel. It appears to be a hangout/parking area for this gas station.

Can we be sure, for 100%, that Jessica drove away from this gas station alone? (*leads to speculation about her bumper.)

I never dress up to pump gas, ever. Grocery store, sure. I will put on jeans and put some dry shampoo in my hair.
A party? You will have me in the shower and putting on makeup.
But, gas station?? . . . I am sure I am on video in my neighborhood wearing house pants or boxers. Embarrassing, but I have no shame. I work and live at home, with kids, and a trip to the gas station does not require me to dress up.

If she really bought cigarettes, what made it so important to create a dual trip (an errand of sorts), to help said person out and maybe create some personal time? Did that person need a ride somewhere farther than her $5 allowance that Ali said she was known for? Was that person also hungry? Why hasn't said person spoke up if they do exist (and it isn't because Jessica is a closet smoker, which could be the case)?

Which leads us to, . . . who stopped her in the south side shadows of the store?

I have so many questions. I know LE might be keeping it all close, but the gas station is a HUGE and important factor in all of this.

Yeah, I did a walk about on google maps and there are/were peeps there then/now holding cars and trucks up in the lot. There is also more then the two in's & out's in that parking lot/property as well. IDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7