MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see/hear the conference. Are LE saying no accelerant was used? Does anyone know what type car she was driving? Weren't there cars not long ago that gas tanks were catching fire? Was she hit from behind? The hit from behind strikes me as a possibility because of how here car was off the road and the marks that were in the grass. Very strange. Thanks.

I didn't see/hear the conference. Are LE saying no accelerant was used? Does anyone know what type car she was driving? Weren't there cars not long ago that gas tanks were catching fire? Was she hit from behind? The hit from behind strikes me as a possibility because of how here car was off the road and the marks that were in the grass. Very strange. Thanks.

LE said they are treating it as an arson

I don't quite understand why some think $14 in gas is a lot? That's nothing with today's gas prices. Or is it just me?

I don't know if someone has already answered, if so sorry for the redundancy, but she was a regular customer and usually only bought $5 worth of gas so the store clerk asked her why and she said she was driving somewhere.

Good thought about the gas tank, but I think there are too many things pointing to homicide, and LE said they are treating it as an arson.

Any thoughts on the significance, if any, of no street talk about this? Could it maybe be someone who doesn't live in the area or something?

I could have done without him basically calling the family liars. They are traumatized enough as it is. Surely there was a more tactful way to get that point across. JMO

This means everything to the case IMO. Perhaps the WS Legal Eagles can chime in, but I believe a victim's "dying declaration" will be admissible in a Court of Law.

Jessica did not survive the night, but her words did. I hope LE will be able to find a way to bring them into evidence!

:moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, any statement she made before her death to someone about the cause or person responsible will be admissible in court as a hearsay exception.

Officials: No Arrests Yet in Case of Burned Woman
COURTLAND, Miss. — Dec 11, 2014, 1:11 PM ET
By ADRIAN SAINZ Associated Press

[...]

"In all the years I've been doing this, this is an absolutely horrendous, horrendous case," district attorney John Champion said at a news conference. He described Courtland as a small community rocked by the death and said he hopes people will come forward with information.

"There's just not a lot of street talk out there about who may or may not have done," he said, but "we feel like somebody out there has heard something."
Update: Jessica Chambers investigation 'a great mystery right now'
The Clarion-Ledger 11:58 a.m. CST December 11, 2014

[...]

The Clarion-Ledger's Clay Chandler reported live via Twitter. Below are some of the points Darby and Champion discussed.

Any thoughts on the significance, if any, of no street talk about this? Could it maybe be someone who doesn't live in the area or something?

That would be a good explanation, or that "people on the street" are afraid to talk about it. Is there any organized criminal activity in this area?

I really thought when I read Jessica said the name of who did it that it would be a swift arrest, but it's now a mystery. Maybe she didn't say the full name, or maybe it was unintelligible, or maybe the name she said couldn't possibly have been the one who did the act as they have been proven to be not in the area? Ugh IDK this is so unbelievably horrific and heartbreaking. I'm being impatient and wanting the monster(s) responsible found NOW :(

I really thought when I read Jessica said the name of who did it that it would be a swift arrest, but it's now a mystery. Maybe she didn't say the full name, or maybe it was unintelligible, or maybe the name she said couldn't possibly have been the one who did the act as they have been proven to be not in the area? Ugh IDK this is so unbelievably horrific and heartbreaking. I'm being impatient and wanting the monster(s) responsible found NOW :(

I am having the same thoughts
Not what I expected at all

Maybe LE knows more but are waiting til solid evidence is in their hands before making an arrest

Interesting they are backing off from accelerants, which was the detail that turned this from a car wreck fire to an investigation of a horrific murder. Dad was the one who supplied the very specific details about accelerants, naming lighter fluid and used the word "squirted." I thought it was odd that police at the scene could tell that right away.... Full autopsy to be released tomorrow will clarify this. Without accelerants, perhaps this is a car wreck with gasoline leaked into car.

They said they know what she said. So I don't think it was unintelligible. If she did give a name of an attacker, it could be that LE is trying to gather additional evidence and can better do that before an arrest. Or perhaps she gave only a first name, and they are making sure they get the right person. This just doesnt seem like a random victim attack, so it must be someone she knew. As such, I can't believe there wont soon be an arrest. We'll keep our fingers crossed. I didn't see any mention before, but was she clothed when she was found?

I would love it if my gas only cost $14!

Yes, in general it's not a lot. The gas station worker said she usually only got about $5.00 at a time, so he considered it more than usual for her - enough to ask her why she got more gas, to which she replied that she was going somewhere.

If the attendant heard Jessica correctly, this is a bit ominous. I wonder where she had planned on going? I thought her Mom said that she would be going home after doing a few chores &/or getting gas. Wasn't she wearing pj bottoms? Sorry if I'm confused but I think this comment by the attendant could be important.

If it had been an auto accident, i would think there would evidence of it at the scene; debris in the road, skid marks, etc.

Is there a map somewhere that shows where her home was, where the gas station is, and where she was found?

If it had been an auto accident, i would think there would evidence of it at the scene; debris in the road, skid marks, etc.

Plus the cell phone found without the battery.... and whatever she said at the scene seems to be leading them to think this was a deliberate act as well...

Right now, I think we're back at square one as far as information. But, according to the People magazine interview with Jessica's father, she gave a first name only. IF that information is accurate, and the name was a common one, that could explain why there's been no arrest. I think it's also quite possible that her words were unintelligible, sadly, and there is a disagreement over what she said. JMO
Before she died, he [Jessica's father] says, Jessica told authorities the first name of the person who did it.

"I don't know the name she told," he says.

http://www.people.com/article/missi...death-jessica-chambers-told-police-who-did-it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98