MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its curious that she would pull into the pumps, with no car at the pumps, turn around with her car facing north only to leave heading south. Its as if there was a change of plans while at the store.

Could be that her fuel door access is on that side. Mine is driver's side and I've often turned the opposite direction I'm traveling to accommodate the fuel access on my car.

The battery was out of her phone. Was the battery cover on the phone as if it were replaced after the battery removed or was the cover still off? Not sure what kind of phone she had but if she dropped it after exiting the car it could have fallen out then. Do we know if the battery was found?

I'm leaning toward a tragic engine fire that rapidly overtook her and the car causing her to lose control. The Kia Rio did have this as a recall problem.

Then why would she tell police/EMT the name of someone who attacked her?

**speculative**
I have been wondering about this myself. I wonder if, given her state at the time, she may have just said a name of a friend and not her attacker? Maybe a friend she was worried about and thought is still in the car? I am just wondering if the name is INDEED that of the perp or just a name of who she was with or saw earlier. If the firemen said '' who did this'' ... and she answered a name, IDK if one could say definitively that she was answering the question asked. I can't imagine what her mind was thinking/feeling and if her cognitive skills were fairly diminished by that point. I just do not know. It would seem to me that if she spoke her perp's name, there would be an arrest by now. Something is ' off ' with the spoken name vs. the evidence linking that spoken name to the crime.

We don't really know what Jessica saiid or what the person she said it to thought she said. I wouldn't think this would be such a mystery otherwise.

Unsure why I thought it was a 2003. May be like the GM recall??

BUT I'm not going to discount the fuel system recall until LE confirms it was an 05... People mag isn't a bad source, but everyone gets it wrong sometimes...

"Silence by Law Enforcement via MS Media is the predators most lethal weapon".... Surely the info that Jessica Chambers shared with the firefighters in her dieing breath is significant, and imo, would possibly lead to a tip and the missing char needed to mend the shattered vase in Jessica Chambers' case..

http://www.waterburyobserver.org/node/402
Shattered - The Seven Year Search For Billy Smolinski Jr.

Not sure if this presser has been posted;

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...mbers-investigation-news-conference/20243859/

I wonder if the "dying breath" statement was a spur-of-the-moment construct LE concocted in hopes of gainsaying a confession.

Imo, if Jessica Chambers shared the info that she had been doused with the flammable liquid which was then ignited. Imo, she did not know the identity of the suspect/s, only a description. If she had told Courtland FD Fire Chief Cole Haley, the name/s of the suspect/s. He/they would be charged and in custody, imo..

http://www.wistv.com/story/27589639...efore-death?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass
First responder tries to comfort burning victim before death
Posted: Dec 09, 2014 8:51 PM EST
Updated: Dec 11, 2014 8:45 AM EST
By Janice Broach

"We were expecting it to be a normal car fire," recalled Chief Cole Haley of the Courtland Fire Department. "Put it out, extinguish it, be done with it."

But to the Courtland Fire Chief's horror, he saw Jessica Chambers lying next to her burning car.

"I realized who the victim was and it was just shocking," said Haley. "I hate it for the family."

Investigators say someone poured an accelerant on Chambers and set her on fire.

Chief Haley said she whispered some words to him. Many believe this utterance may be the name of her attacker.

"I can't disclose any of that information at this time," said Haley.

Investigators will only say several people have been questioned.
<sniped - read more>

Are we sure that the name she said (assuming it's accurate that she did say one) is the name of the attacker? She could have said the name of someone she wanted the medics to contact - someone she was asking for.

I wonder if the "dying breath" statement was a spur-of-the-moment construct LE concocted in hopes of gainsaying a confession.

That thought has crossed my mind too, wfgodot. I'm retired Atlanta Fire and usually when a fire victim breathes heated flammable liquid vapors, they would be unable to communicate verbally. Especially when they are set on fire and suffer 98% burns. This is a thumb rule which indicates that their chance of survival is only 2%..

"The Last Refuge" is reporting there was damage to the back of the car that was not there earlier and that the time stamp on video at the gas station had not been adjusted for the time change. Would link, but I'm not sure it is an OK reporting site. Thanks.

Are we sure that the name she said (assuming it's accurate that she did say one) is the name of the attacker? She could have said the name of someone she wanted the medics to contact - someone she was asking for.

She also could have said the name of someone she thought to be responsible. If she did not know the attacker but when the attack happened she felt a person was behind it. It does not mean they were but in her mind when trying to reason why this is happening that was what she believed.

I dont know how many posters can relate ,but when a crime is committed against a person people try to rationalize and often suspect people of being behind it , sometimes it is random sometimes it is people you know. People look for answers. She might have just named her suspect.

'Hall Of Shame' -->

#JusticeForJessica scammer shut down after fundraising attempt
Posted: Dec 11, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Updated: Dec 12, 2014
http://www.wistv.com/story/27609568...ing-attempt?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

PANOLA CO, MS (WMC) -
The Justice for Jessica Facebook page is getting a lot of attention. People across the country are concerned for the family during the murder case of their daughter.

Thursday, WMC Action News 5 learned that someone was trying to take advantage by raising money that the family says was not going to Jessica.

Lisa Chambers was stunned when she saw a page administrator post a warning about someone trying to scam money for her late daughter. The page has since been taken down.
<sniped - read more>

I was going off another post re: rolling meth lab. It happens all the time ! They can mix up a few chemicals ( whatever makes it ) and then there is a process involving some slow shaking ( correct me if Im wrong anyone who knows better) inside a soda bottle. But if shaken or moved too vigorously those bottles explode and catch fire. It has been the blame of many car AND home explosions.

Yes, this happens, and not infrequently. I live in a state that neighbors Mississippi. Sadly, this (car fires, small explosions - and some have led to deaths, even of children) is happening quite often.

If she went to a party, could someone at the party have messed with her phone unknown to her, if they had plans to accompany or follow her and assault her? If she left her phone sitting there and went to the bathroom or got up to dance, a companion could have pulled the battery and killed the phone with her being none the wiser that it was now in-op.

Now this is a very interesting possibility. Never even occurred to me. I can see this happening.

IMO:

I really, really, really (unfortunately) do not think this was an accident at all. Like, at all. The fire was the cover up for whatever horrible crime happened to her beforehand. No rolling drug labs, no huffing or drug use accident, no recalled gas tank explosion, no rear-end collision gone bad, no hit and run, and she didn't run off the road - IMO it was nothing like that at all. The person/people thought fire would destroy all DNA evidence. I'm just stating my opinion, and I wish it were an accident, because this is pure evil. I'm not saying anyone else is wrong, either, because I wasn't there, I am not clairvoyant, and I definitely don't know everything (ha!).

This perpetrator probably knew her. I don't think the person acted alone (at least when it came to the fire) because there had to be a getaway, and they obviously had to have their supplies to start the fire. They had to get rid of the supplies (empty containers, etc.) because I have yet to hear that any of this was found at the scene. I think they certainly thought she was dead before they started the fire. Since the phone wasn't burned, I think they took it before they lit the fire, maybe even as an "oh crap - grab her phone" last-minute thing, removed the battery, threw it down and thought that was sufficient as far as the phone goes. Seems they didn't think very hard about the phone. They obviously do not watch a lot of true crime TV. Anyone who followed the Casey Anthony trial (and others), as well as watches the ID Channel, religiously, knows all about cell phones and what can be found out. I think the rear-end that looks damaged is most likely warping and melting from the fire, etc., if it wasn't there before. I think an accelerant was used due to the extent of the damage, the height of the fire (look at that one tree), etc. (they just won't say for sure yet). Maybe they are waiting to determine the type of accelerant first.

I think this was either a jealous person/people who assaulted her (probably somewhere else) OR
a former boyfriend or hook up who was abusive and thought if he couldn't have her, no one could and this was preplanned OR
an abusive guy who she went to talk to, they had an argument, he hit her on the head in the moment,
thought she was dead and tried to burn the evidence OR
she was raped and they tried to burn the evidence, including in her mouth and nose (IF something was really poured in them).
Those are the possibilities I am going with, and I seriously hope this is solved sooner rather than later.

If she went to a party, could someone at the party have messed with her phone unknown to her, if they had plans to accompany or follow her and assault her? If she left her phone sitting there and went to the bathroom or got up to dance, a companion could have pulled the battery and killed the phone with her being none the wiser that it was now in-op.

Has it been said what kind of phone she had?

Alot of phones have batteries that cant be removed.

An arson investigation is simply a fire investigation. Its purpose is to determine the cause and origin of a fire.

It seems like much of the early information that led so many to believe it was something sinister was inaccurate. Perhaps that was a result of understandably overwrought family and VFD firefighters' misunderstanding or being quoted too literally, along with the vivid imaginations of teenagers on social media.

ATF is working the case so (modsnip)

All JMO.

Has it been said what kind of phone she had?

Alot of phones have batteries that cant be removed.

Since I read LE got a warrant and google gave them access as well as the service provider I've wondered if it was a google nexus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98