MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think somebody deleted my post, or I didn't post it correctly. Please advise.

I have been in abuse shelters before and her wording there leads me to think it was either rehab or jail and not a battered women's shelter. Abuse shelters in that manner do not have timelines, you are free to come and go on your own will so the "when I get out" I don't think would apply/fit if she was in a battered shelter. Perhaps the family is embarrassed to bring a past issue to light. I do know the K2 is highly popular in her age group along with the many other issues out there. I tried to find an arrest history but wasn't successful. I kept getting scamming type websites for the area.

Roadrunnermt - I am sad to hear that you spent any time in such a shelter :-( but if it did you good, then I'm glad for you!

You bring up a good point - the free to stay or go issue. But sometimes such places have an agreement you sign when you check yourself in, committing to a time period or a program. Sometimes not. In Jessica's case, I wonder if she had agreed to check into a place like this as part of a plea or agreement made in court relating to some of her previous trouble. I.e., this charge will be reduced or continued without a finding, etc. + then dismissed if you do x, y, z - like pay a fine and enter a rehabilitation program for a period of X days/months/etc.

With regard to the trunk...take a closer look at this image: http://whbq.images.worldnow.com/images/6168531_G.jpg
as well as this one: http://whbq.images.worldnow.com/images/6168534_G.jpg

There is a crowbar sitting on the trunk. So are the only photographs we've seen, photographs taken AFTER the trunk may have been pried open (to make sure the fire's totally out)? Let's hope that LE was cautious to preserve evidence as much as possible + that photographs exist at least in their record of the car before it may have been tampered with - even if in good faith + safety. Ugh.

Source site: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/27578245/family-friends-seek-justice-for-jessica

Something about the state of this car really bothered me. I have never seen a vehicle so consumed ever before. Every combustible surface in or on the car is GONE. Either this car was allowed to burn to extinguished to "preserve" the crime scene, or it was nearly out when firefighters got to the scene. I find it really hard to believe no one saw or reported a fire which would have given that much sky presence for that long. There is so much stench to this case it just doesn't end.

I'm not a conspiracy nut, that tinfoil hat crowd makes me crazy, but I'm starting to feel like one.

I have wondered about this as well because in the letter to the niece JC says something to the fact of I've messed up in the past (from memory, not directly in front of me) and I'm going to be so much better when I get out. I have been in abuse shelters before and her wording there leads me to think it was either rehab or jail and not a battered women's shelter. Abuse shelters in that manner do not have timelines, you are free to come and go on your own will so the "when I get out" I don't think would apply/fit if she was in a battered shelter. Perhaps the family is embarrassed to bring a past issue to light. I do know the K2 is highly popular in her age group along with the many other issues out there. I tried to find an arrest history but wasn't successful. I kept getting scamming type websites for the area.

I also question the "party" because I have a now married 22-yo daughter, a 18-yo daughter, and a 17-yo daughter living in a very small rural town about the same size and although my girls have gone to parties I cannot once think of a party that would have ever occurred in the 6-8 p.m. timeframe, especially on a Saturday night. I'm thinking that isn't/wasn't legit and the one and only person who came forward may be a fame seeker.

I also feel the car wash was probably a cover to mom so mom didn't know her true plans. I feel like she was probably planning to pick up/meet up with a love interest whether ex or new and didn't want mom to know, thus why extra gas.

you are correct in that you may come into a shelter as sign yourself out when you please. Your residence there is voluntary. You must abide by some rules such as no drugs, alcohol and there is a curfew. Most of our clients, though, stayed for 30 days, especially if they were receiving D n A counseling. We did have some women there, though, who signed onto a program and agreed to reside there for X number of days in order to avoid jail time for minor offenses.

i find it very odd that they waited until Thursday to obtain the video. I mean, that is several days after she was murdered.
Yes. Quite interesting...

Per Bessie's linked article on the family asking people to come forward in person rather than post "from behind a computer": I can understand many people being afraid to out themselves as having information that could make them material witnesses in this case. Maybe even JC herself was to have served as a material witness and everyone sees what happened to her.

The history in that county, along with the drug and gang culture, along with the horrific nature of this crime, would make about anyone afraid. Who to trust?

That said, some people online are just being downright mean spirited. There is a time and a place for everything, but never is unkindness warranted.

T
Yes. Quite interesting...

Per Bessie's linked article on the family asking people to come forward in person rather than post "from behind a computer": I can understand many people being afraid to out themselves as having information that could make them material witnesses in this case. Maybe even JC herself was to have served as a material witness and everyone sees what happened to her.

The history in that county, along with the drug and gang culture, along with the horrific nature of this crime, would make about anyone afraid. Who to trust?

That said, some people online are just being downright mean spirited. There is a time and a place for everything, but never is unkindness warranted.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on this. This family has gone through the most horrendous thing imaginable and people are not only being pushy, but downright mean and insensitive. I cannot even go on there anymore.

Has anyone considered that JC may have been called or texted at home that her 'cover' was blown or someone dangerous was enraged at her for something and she took off in short order headed out of town and to safety?

Maybe she stopped for enough gas on her way out. AA's attention to how much gas always seemed odd. Could someone else have been alerted to her "unusual" fillup? Maybe that someone asked JC for a favor, like a ride, and she felt she had to comply to keep from seeming suspicious. Just thinking of possibilities....

And I cringe to ask this, its a stretch and a sickening one, but has anyone wondered if this could be in any way related to an international incident wherein a young person was kidnapped and burned alive?

you are correct in that you may come into a shelter as sign yourself out when you please. Your residence there is voluntary. You must abide by some rules such as no drugs, alcohol and there is a curfew. Most of our clients, though, stayed for 30 days, especially if they were receiving D n A counseling. We did have some women there, though, who signed onto a program and agreed to reside there for X number of days in order to avoid jail time for minor offenses.

BBM

That is what I wonder about. She had two minor offenses for assault. Makes me think she might have made a deal like this. My friend who lived with an abusive husband was arrested twice because she began fighting back. And the cops have to arrest both of them in that situation.

Something about the state of this car really bothered me. I have never seen a vehicle so consumed ever before. Every combustible surface in or on the car is GONE. Either this car was allowed to burn to extinguished to "preserve" the crime scene, or it was nearly out when firefighters got to the scene. I find it really hard to believe no one saw or reported a fire which would have given that much sky presence for that long. There is so much stench to this case it just doesn't end.

I'm not a conspiracy nut, that tinfoil hat crowd makes me crazy, but I'm starting to feel like one.

I agree with you. Something is just not right. At all. I listened to the press conferences given by the Sheriff and DA. I have never heard a DA or a sheriff speak like they did. Granted, I live in metro Philadelphia, but why would the sheriff bring Ferguson into his comments?

I think there is illegal activity going on at that gas station, owners with ties to other countries, suspicious gang affiliation, and IMO that is why the Feds are there. The kid that "works" there had some very expensive bling on and IMPO was impaired during the interview with the reporter.

The condition of the car, the burns over 98% of her body, lead me to believe she could barely speak, if in fact she did. The seats in the position they were found? Someone did this to JC and they were trying to make sure she didn't talk IMO. Something is afoot in this community and I hope that in death, JC can bring to light whatever it is.

I am all over the place with this one. I am thinking more and more, the tip of the iceberg has only been seen. JMO

Has anyone considered that JC may have been called or texted at home that her 'cover' was blown or someone dangerous was enraged at her for something and she took off in short order headed out of town and to safety?

Maybe she stopped for enough gas on her way out. AA's attention to how much gas always seemed odd. Could someone else have been alerted to her "unusual" fillup? Maybe that someone asked JC for a favor, like a ride, and she felt she had to comply to keep from seeming suspicious. Just thinking of possibilities....

BBM. Having lived in small towns most of my life, I can tell you this isn't unusual. I worked at a gas station when I was young. You notice patterns in what people get. Hell after a time I'd put the stuff customers usually bought on the counter when they walked up. Especially with young women, I'd attempt to engage them in conversation. What I find really odd about AA, is that the flatbed driver, drove part of the crime scene right up to the store, where AA posted pictures of it to SM.

I have wondered about this as well because in the letter to the niece JC says something to the fact of I've messed up in the past (from memory, not directly in front of me) and I'm going to be so much better when I get out. I have been in abuse shelters before and her wording there leads me to think it was either rehab or jail and not a battered women's shelter. Abuse shelters in that manner do not have timelines, you are free to come and go on your own will so the "when I get out" I don't think would apply/fit if she was in a battered shelter. Perhaps the family is embarrassed to bring a past issue to light. I do know the K2 is highly popular in her age group along with the many other issues out there. I tried to find an arrest history but wasn't successful. I kept getting scamming type websites for the area.

I also question the "party" because I have a now married 22-yo daughter, a 18-yo daughter, and a 17-yo daughter living in a very small rural town about the same size and although my girls have gone to parties I cannot once think of a party that would have ever occurred in the 6-8 p.m. timeframe, especially on a Saturday night. I'm thinking that isn't/wasn't legit and the one and only person who came forward may be a fame seeker.

I also feel the car wash was probably a cover to mom so mom didn't know her true plans. I feel like she was probably planning to pick up/meet up with a love interest whether ex or new and didn't want mom to know, thus why extra gas.

I agree that she may have lied to her mom about the car wash. Sounds like she was making excuses to be out longer.

But my kids did used to go to parties in the 6 to 8 pm time frame. They called them 'pregames' or kickbacks. And people would get together in small groups and get ready for the main event. Small groups would get together and make plans for the upcoming night, and 'kick back.'

As for the women;s shelter, I still think it was possible she in a court ordered women's shelter--like a halfway house thing. She had a couple of assault charges herself which may have been DV related?

BBM

That is what I wonder about. She had two minor offenses for assault. Makes me think she might have made a deal like this. My friend who lived with an abusive husband was arrested twice because she began fighting back. And the cops have to arrest both of them in that situation.

I wondered if she was arrested as a juvenile for drug possession or something and was in juvie when she wrote that letter to her niece. The phrase "when I get out", said incarceration of some sort or court ordered rehab IMO.

Yes, that is true especially if it were part of treatment I could see a timeline but that letter definitely gives a clue to a timeframe being placed and most likely a lack of outside communication freedom since most teens especially rarely communicate in written form anymore. It's mostly digital from texts to phones to FB and Instagram! Not trying to blame the victim in any form, just trying to see if I can shed some light into the past that may lead to clues.

Another thing that I have wondered and haven't been able to post yet is when I was a kid (~40 years ago) my father was a mechanic for a city department in what sounds like the same manner as JC's dad. My dad uncovered a big drug ring within the city workers/employees. He was highly warned and threatened by several above him to drop it and let it go. I think its possible she could have also been a target based on her dad and his status. There are so many *ifs* and *could have* potentials in this case it is unbelievably sad. Poor girl experienced a lot in her short lifetime.

Roadrunnermt - I am sad to hear that you spent any time in such a shelter :-( but if it did you good, then I'm glad for you!

You bring up a good point - the free to stay or go issue. But sometimes such places have an agreement you sign when you check yourself in, committing to a time period or a program. Sometimes not. In Jessica's case, I wonder if she had agreed to check into a place like this as part of a plea or agreement made in court relating to some of her previous trouble. I.e., this charge will be reduced or continued without a finding, etc. + then dismissed if you do x, y, z - like pay a fine and enter a rehabilitation program for a period of X days/months/etc.

I agree with you. Something is just not right. At all. I listened to the press conferences given by the Sheriff and DA. I have never heard a DA or a sheriff speak like they did. Granted, I live in metro Philadelphia, but why would the sheriff bring Ferguson into his comments?

I think there is illegal activity going on at that gas station, owners with ties to other countries, suspicious gang affiliation, and IMO that is why the Feds are there. The kid that "works there had some very expensive bling on and IMPO was impaired during the interview with the reporter.

The condition of the car, the burns over 98% of her body, lead me to believe she could barely speak, if in fact she did. The seats in the position they were found? Someone did this to JC and they were trying to make sure she didn't talk IMO. Something is afoot in this community and I hope that in death, JC can bring to light whatever it is.

I am all over the place with this one. I am thinking more and more, the tip of the iceberg has only been seen. JMO

The more I look, the more complicity I see, and it's really starting to disturb me. This might be one big house of cards, and if it starts to fall, it's all coming down. It really has to suck if this is how conspiracy theorists feel all the time. I'm beginning to question my own logic at this point because it looks like one big coverup.

I have a few thoughts and questions...

From much of the posts I have read on here that mention the position of her car at the scene, the consensus seems to be that her car was driven to that spot nose first. Has that been stated anywhere by law enforcement or MSM or is it speculation?

What if her car wasn't driven in nose first but backed in? Front ends of cars normally have a lower clearance than the rear end. http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_chambers_burning_4_lb_141211_4x3_992.jpg
If you look at that pic of the crime scene, it would appear pretty steep.

Now if you look at it from this view http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/33/54/33/7259849/3/628x471.jpg
It doesn't seem quite that steep. You could definitely back up that incline where the rear end wouldn't at the very least bottom out. It appears you would also be able to drive up nose first, but it is possible that the front end at the very least would scrape the ground, possibly scuffing the bottom of the bumpers paint.

Another reason to think it is possible that her car could have been backed in. In the pic of her car taken at the gas station, her car is on the flatbed nose first. If her car was backed up to near the tree, all the flatbed had to do is back his truck up to the car and load it on. If her car was driven in nose first then in order to get it on the flatbed nose first, the car would have had to been rolled back down the incline and far enough that the flatbed would be able to access the front end.

What is known about the parking brake? Was it engaged? If so when? Was it engaged when the firefighters arrived? Was it engaged after the fire was out? After it was loaded on a flatbed or at the impound yard?

I searched Edmunds to find out what options were offered on a 2005 Kia Rio. It came in both automatic and manual.? Do we know which type she had or can it be figured out based on the burnt out pics of the interior? If it was a manual, that could explain why the parking brake would be engaged especially on an incline.

I also looked into what type of seats were offered. There appears to be only a manual seat and no power seats offered on either model which means you have to pull a lever to adjust the seat back. It has already been mentioned by a couple of different posters already that the seats didn't collapse due to the fire, but I will report back what my firefighter friend had to say about it. While he wouldn't say that it is 100% impossible, in all the car fires has he has been called to, he has never seen a seat collapsed back like that. He still believes it is highly unlikely the fire caused it.

After I spoke to him, I spoke to my auto tech friend about the seats construction and asked if the seat could have collapsed from a fire. Besides mentioning that the frame and a few of the other parts are made of stronger metals and it takes a lot more heat to melt those than the rest of the seat. He said something else that didn't dawn on me before. In a manual seat, it is spring loaded. If you have ever owned a car that you pull a lever to adjust the seat back, then you know if you aren't sitting in the seat when you pull it, the seat back collapses towards the front of the car. You need to apply a little weight or force to make the seat back recline back. He also said that fairly recently he had two cars come into the shop that had saltwater damage. The saltwater corroded the seat enough that it made the seat back collapse, but it collapses forward not back.

As has been said before, perhaps the firefighters reclined it to access more of the fire, but that doesn't seem to make sense. Clearly in the pics you can see there is nothing left of the seat but the frame. Anything still on fire or smoldering should be easily seen without having to recline the back...right?

Another question I have is, what is known about the previous fire the firefighters were at? Was it a house, a business, grass or woods? Where was that fire in relation to Jessica's car? What time were they called to the first fire and how long were they there? Given that the firehouse is located on Herron Road and not far from her car, could someone have set that first fire in order to draw the fire department further away from her car in hopes that it would allow the fire to burn longer, which would suggest pre-meditation?

Regarding her body, it was burned 98% with the exception of her feet. If she was outside of her car and doused, that would make me think that none of the accelerant got on her feet area. If she was in her car that makes me think that none of the accelerant was poured on the floor of the car or she was able to escape her car prior to the floor being engulfed. Most likely if any of her clothes survived, it would have only been small patches of them. What kind of footwear was she wearing? Would that have survived?

It depends on so many factors, the accelerant and how much is used, how much of the vehicle interior is combustible, the composition of the combustibles. Typically between 10 and 25 minutes. Honestly I've seen burned vehicles before, close up. I've never seen one burned so thoroughly. I would say this one burned nearer the maximum than the minimum, or the accelerant was gasoline, and they used more than a gallon.

My BF is a retired cop. I showed him a picture of the car and he said, "that's a lot of gasoline"...

I do not believe for one min that the guy who was filling the gas can,got it for a generator.
It gave me chills seeing him filling it with her right there.
Yes-I know he was ruled out.But he was also ruled out by local LE who I don't trust.
We have a guy filling a gas can and 90 mins later a young girl & her car set on fire with
a lot of gas.

I have a few thoughts and questions...

From much of the posts I have read on here that mention the position of her car at the scene, the consensus seems to be that her car was driven to that spot nose first. Has that been stated anywhere by law enforcement or MSM or is it speculation?

What if her car wasn't driven in nose first but backed in? Front ends of cars normally have a lower clearance than the rear end. http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_chambers_burning_4_lb_141211_4x3_992.jpg
If you look at that pic of the crime scene, it would appear pretty steep.

Now if you look at it from this view http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/33/54/33/7259849/3/628x471.jpg
It doesn't seem quite that steep. You could definitely back up that incline where the rear end wouldn't at the very least bottom out. It appears you would also be able to drive up nose first, but it is possible that the front end at the very least would scrape the ground, possibly scuffing the bottom of the bumpers paint.

Another reason to think it is possible that her car could have been backed in. In the pic of her car taken at the gas station, her car is on the flatbed nose first. If her car was backed up to near the tree, all the flatbed had to do is back his truck up to the car and load it on. If her car was driven in nose first then in order to get it on the flatbed nose first, the car would have had to been rolled back down the incline and far enough that the flatbed would be able to access the front end.

What is known about the parking brake? Was it engaged? If so when? Was it engaged when the firefighters arrived? Was it engaged after the fire was out? After it was loaded on a flatbed or at the impound yard?

I searched Edmunds to find out what options were offered on a 2005 Kia Rio. It came in both automatic and manual.? Do we know which type she had or can it be figured out based on the burnt out pics of the interior? If it was a manual, that could explain why the parking brake would be engaged especially on an incline.

I also looked into what type of seats were offered. There appears to be only a manual seat and no power seats offered on either model which means you have to pull a lever to adjust the seat back. It has already been mentioned by a couple of different posters already that the seats didn't collapse due to the fire, but I will report back what my firefighter friend had to say about it. While he wouldn't say that it is 100% impossible, in all the car fires has he has been called to, he has never seen a seat collapsed back like that. He still believes it is highly unlikely the fire caused it.

After I spoke to him, I spoke to my auto tech friend about the seats construction and asked if the seat could have collapsed from a fire. Besides mentioning that the frame and a few of the other parts are made of stronger metals and it takes a lot more heat to melt those than the rest of the seat. He said something else that didn't dawn on me before. In a manual seat, it is spring loaded. If you have ever owned a car that you pull a lever to adjust the seat back, then you know if you aren't sitting in the seat when you pull it, the seat back collapses towards the front of the car. You need to apply a little weight or force to make the seat back recline back. He also said that fairly recently he had two cars come into the shop that had saltwater damage. The saltwater corroded the seat enough that it made the seat back collapse, but it collapses forward not back.

As has been said before, perhaps the firefighters reclined it to access more of the fire, but that doesn't seem to make sense. Clearly in the pics you can see there is nothing left of the seat but the frame. Anything still on fire or smoldering should be easily seen without having to recline the back...right?

Another question I have is, what is known about the previous fire the firefighters were at? Was it a house, a business, grass or woods? Where was that fire in relation to Jessica's car? What time were they called to the first fire and how long were they there? Given that the firehouse is located on Herron Road and not far from her car, could someone have set that first fire in order to draw the fire department further away from her car in hopes that it would allow the fire to burn longer, which would suggest pre-meditation?

Regarding her body, it was burned 98% with the exception of her feet. If she was outside of her car and doused, that would make me think that none of the accelerant got on her feet area. If she was in her car that makes me think that none of the accelerant was poured on the floor of the car or she was able to escape her car prior to the floor being engulfed. Most likely if any of her clothes survived, it would have only been small patches of them. What kind of footwear was she wearing? Would that have survived?
Excellent post. I can't believe not one of us had thought about spring loaded seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme