MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is an unpopular opinion (though I don't understand why anyone wants to imagine that someone would intentionally set this otherwise ordinary young woman on fire.) JMO: The fire most likely started after she lost control of the car and crashed, or there was already a fuel leak that caused the fire and then the crash.

How many times have you read a headline saying "fiery crash?" They aren't common but they aren't all that rare either.

The ATF has a field office about 30 minutes away in Oxford, so I wouldn't read too much regarding intentional arson or murder into their involvement.

An arson investigation's purpose is to determine the cause and origin of a fire. It does not imply foul play or criminal conduct by anyone.

(Note: NHTSA would investigate if there was a suspected malfunction of the fuel system, it looks like. I wonder how long JC had the car and how well maintained it was. Isn't her father an auto mechanic? I'm sure he would have checked it out before it was bought.)

From all of the MSM articles I have read and after watching the presser, they are treating this as a homicide/arson. I believe they are pretty confident that someone was with JC in the car right before she was burned to death. I also think that if they thought this was an accident, they would be saying so. I have seen no indication that LE believes this was an accident.

The news coverage of this story is atrocious. I see stories saying that the DA suspects this or that but when you drill down on it, the info ends up being from the family or from another media site that doesn't state what their source is. I don't believe the family is intentionally misstating the facts but I don't know how much of their information is 3rd-hand or comes from the internet, especially Facebook.

I am very sorry they are suffering the tragic loss of another child, especially so close to the holidays.

I wanted to add also in addressing the accident theory that the U.S. Marshalls added $10,000 more to the reward for information on her murder. as far as I can tell, they are treating this as a murder.

Panola sheriff's worker charged with sexual battery
4:26 p.m. CST December 4, 2014

A Panola County Sheriff's Department employee was indicted on one count of statutory rape and one count of fondling, WMC-TV reported.

Not the greatest timing for the Sheriff's Department IMOO.

You would think that they would have at least removed his picture from their website right away, no?

Jail & Support Staff - Panola County Sheriff MS

BBM

Panola County sheriff's employee indicted on sexual battery charges
Posted: Dec 04, 2014 12:24 PM EST
Updated: Dec 04, 2014 3:26 PM EST
By WMCActionNews5.com Staff

Hughes is the sheriff's cousin, so Mississippi Bureau of Investigation handled the case.

I wanted to add also in addressing the accident theory that the U.S. Marshalls added $10,000 more to the reward for information on her murder. as far as I can tell, they are treating this as a murder.

They are offering a reward for a fugitive who is not yet a fugitive because there is apparently not yet even a suspect much less a warrant for his/her arrest.

:crazy:

Still waiting for the autopsy report to be released. Tick tock. JMO

Whether she left the party, or they left the party...

Where was this party? I dont think there has been any sign of it on social media.

Was that rumor or was it in MSM? Possible I missed because I'm old and cranky. What if...there was no party but Jessica thought there was and lured there under a ruse.:thinking: She knew the person or persons who invited her. Stop over for a couple of minutes ya ya ya whatever and say hi.

It also crossed my mind that she had been a target for a while and when she informed someone she wasn't going right home, it became an opportunity to harm her. The phone call she received at the gas station then going back inside for cigs gives a window for someone to make a phone call to set it up. Especially if she said she was going to the car wash (maybe the "somewhere" was the car wash only the clerk/manager declined to mention that was the somewhere). IMO the gas station is the cesspool that set the chain of events in motion. My speculation and opinion only.

I'm relieved that there are other sets of eyes on this than local LE.

I'm just horrified and so disgusted I should back away from the keyboard before I get "benched".

I am in complete agreement that the gas station is a "cesspool".

Judging from what I've gleaned off "unacceptable link material", it is hard to believe that the feds WOULDN'T be involved! However because of the current American societal issues omnipresent in the past six months, it is understand that the Justice Dept. would react. The marshals are "involved" because the Justice Depart. has sent them in. US Att Gen Holder needs some quick investigation, information...and answers before things explode.

ITA, Zool.

With LE briefing the public that they have no suspects, that makes me wonder the difference in their LE minds between a "suspect," "person of interest," etc.

I'm an attorney but not a criminal attorney. Can anyone with experience or professional knowledge explain to me what a cop would think those terms mean in practice? Not the textbook definitions but rather what LE would mean when they use those terms here.

Thanks in advance

As much as she had going on in her life that would lead one to think that this was intentional for one reason or another I think in the end it will be accidental. jmo

What is scary is that if the fire should be determined to be "accidental" and not arson, then her manner of death may not be determined to be "homicide". (Unless the head gash could be determined to be the result of an assault.) Maybe the autopsy report is on hold, waiting for results of the fire investigation......I'm hopeful that the arson investigation is being done by ATF and NOT locals. JMO

Has it ever been proven that they poured lighter fluid down her throat? Or that she DID actually speak to a firefighter? I have my doubts that she could talk at all. Possibly a strategy to scare the person who did it - which I still say was an ex boyfriend. The owner of the gas station is awfully suspicious, but unless I hear it from LE, it's all hearsay for the most part.

Whether she left the party, or they left the party...

Where was this party? I dont think there has been any sign of it on social media.

In terms of SM, the question would be WHO?

Sleuth on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question, JamieFind. I would like to know that myself. When does a person become a POI and when do they make the determination that a person is then a suspect?

Has it ever been proven that they poured lighter fluid down her throat? Or that she DID actually speak to a firefighter? I have my doubts that she could talk at all. Possibly a strategy to scare the person who did it - which I still say was an ex boyfriend. The owner of the gas station is awfully suspicious, but unless I hear it from LE, it's all hearsay for the most part.

she spoke to the fire chief that is verified, he claims it himself on video, whether or not anything was poured in her mouth is not confirmed.

the owner of the gas station/store claimed it on social media just shortly after this all happened, he did not say where he heard it from.

her father has been reported as hearing it from both "the police" and "doctors" in different media accounts.

she spoke to the fire chief that is verified, he claims it himself on video, whether or not anything was poured in her mouth is not confirmed.

the owner of the gas station/store claimed it on social media just shortly after this all happened, he did not say where he heard it from.

her father has been reported as hearing it from both "the police" and "doctors" in different media accounts.

JMO It has only been verified that Cole Haley CLAIMS that.

In reference to Charlotte Wilkerson's interview:
"when they left the party" that's huge! Charlotte Wilkerson knows who "they" are. Also, interesting how she phrases the murder. "that's when it happened to her". Not, that's when she was killed or they killed her, or that's when she was set on fire. Sounds like my kids, "it got broken" instead of "I broke it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay