MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"that investigators are getting close to identifying "possible people of interest that could lead us somewhere better than where we are."

this doesnt exactly fill me with confidence. if they dont have any POI's yet (and they say they do not) then unless the DNA (if they actually have any that is useful) leads them somewhere then they are going to be relying on someone coming forward.

if that ends up being the case i would just start dropping charges on everyone in town (legitimate charges) until someone breaks and wants a deal.

the reward money could help i guess, 20k or so as a nest egg to get the hell out of that town? might start sounding good to someone...

assuming there is someone that knows anything and this wasnt just a random crime of opportunity (i doubt it was, just saying).

Rewards grow more ineffective with the years, I think. Their worth is quite questionable, and the false leads that they spark abound. (No links here pro or con -- it's a valid question, though, whether they help or hinder. What do you guys think?)

"that investigators are getting close to identifying "possible people of interest that could lead us somewhere better than where we are."

this doesnt exactly fill me with confidence. if they dont have any POI's yet (and they say they do not) then unless the DNA (if they actually have any that is useful) leads them somewhere then they are going to be relying on someone coming forward.

if that ends up being the case i would just start dropping charges on everyone in town (legitimate charges) until someone breaks and wants a deal.

the reward money could help i guess, 20k or so as a nest egg to get the hell out of that town? might start sounding good to someone...

assuming there is someone that knows anything and this wasnt just a random crime of opportunity (i doubt it was, just saying).

About the only thing about this case that I am certain of is that this was not a random crime of opportunity.

Rewards grow more ineffective with the years, I think. Their worth is quite questionable, and the false leads that they spark abound. (No links here pro or con -- it's a valid question, though, whether they help or hinder. What do you guys think?)

I tend to agree with you. I can't recall any case in recent memory in which a reward led to a conviction of anyone. I guess it can be argued that a growing reward helps to keep a case in the news, so that is a good thing.

The video that you're refering to is incomplete and this is the reason why you can't see the last person after that. I watched a longer version of the surveillance videos and I saw that man go back to the front door of his car to open the gas latch.

Am I actually looking at the right person?

Could you possibly post the link to a longer version of a video you mention, from the angle of the screen grabs in the post, that would show Jessica Chambers go on to pump gas and drive away?

i agree with both of the above points that;

- this is not a crime of opportunity, this is a targeted attack by someone that knew her well

- rewards are ineffective, as soon as i typed it i started trying to think of a case where the reward solved the crime and was awarded... and i kept thinking... and kept thinking...

i agree with both of the above points that;

- this is not a crime of opportunity, this is a targeted attack by someone that knew her well

- rewards are ineffective, as soon as i typed it i started trying to think of a case where the reward solved the crime and was awarded... and i kept thinking... and kept thinking...

Are rewards given and recipients always publicized?

Merry Christmas! :sleigh:

Ms Pramatic,*
Just Wow! What a powerful testimony. My belief is ~we all get a shot at grabbing the'brass ring' to success.Some people squander theirs.

I do want not to derail the thread. I will simply say with all my heart that Jessica (if her life had not been snuffed out) held the 'brass ring for success' but simply did not live long enough to 'grab on for dear life & not let go.'

Women i.e Jessica could all be 'Masters of the Universe'. That is why I beg women please get a vocation or skill. Many women do not understand how treacherous and unkind the world can be.

Someone up thread asked for advice on how to converse with an adolescent girl. Please tell them the importance of having a strong sense of their 'own' self identify.

I could seriously could give an entire lecture on this theme. (ask my son :smile: & nieces)

Thanks Ms Pramatic :hug: for your post it made my day!,

MOO
*Because of Ms Pramatics' post I lam limiting my comments to women only.

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, dear.
I agree about women learning a skill/trade. The women's shelter I worked at years ago did everything they could to arrange schooling/classes, help with filling out financial aid forms, job training. It was that whole give a man a fish or teach him to fish story. Learning builds confidence, especially for women(people) who have been made to feel worthless or as if they are just property. We encouraged one of our clients go to beauty school. She works at a high-end beauty shop outside of Pittsburgh today.

I get the feeling that JC was on the right path. Living with mom, new job, desire to write a book about her life. That all points to good things. I'm not saying it wasn't possible for her to slip---that happens often--but I tend to think that her life being on track may have been what ticked someone off. But that is just my opinion.

Merry Xmas everyone and a special prayer for Jessica!

I've been keeping up on this site since the beginning and wanted to to add/ touch on a few items that have been brought up.

As an EMT/Asst Cf on a midwest fire dept along with having over 25 years in the auto industry as a body and mechanical shop owner, I have a little knowledge at least with cars, fires, car accidents and working with accident/medical patients.

- starting with the seats, they will only recline back if the(a) lever is activated. However, I've witnessed many times where a person was rear ended hard enough that the mechanical structure of the reclining seat is overcome with enough force as to bend the seat structure. Even with this happening, the seat will stay in a "memory" position as where it was bent. Obviously, the heavier a person, the more the seat would bend when such a force manifested. A force like this can also happen if a person was driving in reverse and hit something. I think you get the idea.

- by looking at the photos of JCs car, IMHO it does not look like this type of force happened. A few reasons, an impact like I mentioned in the paragraph above that would warrant enough force to bemd the seat recliner frame and mechanical parts would have damaged JCs car whereas one or both "quarter panel to rear door" gaps would have tightened up upon impact. That is how uni-bodies react to impacts.
Also, it's apparent that the rear bumper melted away along with any/all plastic and plastic that was on the car. Cosmetically, from the few photos I was able to view, I'm not sure that any impact occurred but maybe some slight damage to the rear passenger side. I would have to view a photo of the same model of car to see the shape of tail light. The door gaps look consistent on JC s car from my perspective.

- as far as someone on the accident scene knowing that an accelerant was forced down her throat or squirted up her nasal cavities? I will say this, I have personally intubated patients out in the field. There is no such thing as a perfect setting to do this but there are many bad settings. Night time being one, weather, environment, scene. Rescue/tower lighting on rescue apparatus, flash lights, etc obviously are not a preferred lighting source when entubating someone. Anyone in the medical profession knows that entubating someone is never easy for many reasons. I personally know that if I was the one entubating JC and noticed anything unusual in her throat/larnyx, I'd take temp mental note but honestly do not know if I could determine if it was a chemical burn, vapor or from extreme smoke, and frankly it is not a first responders job to determine this. Protocol. But someone may have noted such damage to this area in her throat that they assumed this and then word gets around quick.
Of the topic for a second. We've all head burns from eating hot food, right? You would be amazed at the severity of burns in your mouth that you have had and not of known it.

-back to topic, looking at the fire scene, does it look like 4 tire tracks, such as a 4x4 truck going up the hill?
I'm not trying to confuse you with what I wrote above about me not thinking there was an impact but a thought I had was if JCs car was parked at bottom of slope, a truck came up behind her car, made contact with her car lightly then pushed JCs car up the hill. The truck may of pushed her car at an angle therefore the pattern or "four " ruts. JCs car would not have enough power to make a rut or the tire. Ruts may of been caused by something else too such a recovery. Remember, a truck contacting JCs car then pushing is different then ramming. Even 5mph impact would have presented more damage than I was able to see from pics.

That's it for now.

I can't remember if we have information about how much gasoline Jessica put in her car. I know I have seen she normally would put like $5 in here and there and that night she had put more in.

My reason for asking is that if a person is only going to put just a few dollars here and there one would know how far they are going to get based on how much gas they put in. I was wondering if we could get the make and model of Jessica's car and see what the mileage per gallon would have roughly been. And map out how far she could have intended on going which the intentions of making it back home also.

Merry Xmas everyone and a special prayer for Jessica!

I've been keeping up on this site since the beginning and wanted to to add/ touch on a few items that have been brought up.

As an EMT/Asst Cf on a midwest fire dept along with having over 25 years in the auto industry as a body and mechanical shop owner, I have a little knowledge at least with cars, fires, car accidents and working with accident/medical patients.

- starting with the seats, they will only recline back if the(a) lever is activated. However, I've witnessed many times where a person was rear ended hard enough that the mechanical structure of the reclining seat is overcome with enough force as to bend the seat structure. Even with this happening, the seat will stay in a "memory" position as where it was bent. Obviously, the heavier a person, the more the seat would bend when such a force manifested. A force like this can also happen if a person was driving in reverse and hit something. I think you get the idea.

- by looking at the photos of JCs car, IMHO it does not look like this type of force happened. A few reasons, an impact like I mentioned in the paragraph above that would warrant enough force to bemd the seat recliner frame and mechanical parts would have damaged JCs car whereas one or both "quarter panel to rear door" gaps would have tightened up upon impact. That is how uni-bodies react to impacts.
Also, it's apparent that the rear bumper melted away along with any/all plastic and plastic that was on the car. Cosmetically, from the few photos I was able to view, I'm not sure that any impact occurred but maybe some slight damage to the rear passenger side. I would have to view a photo of the same model of car to see the shape of tail light. The door gaps look consistent on JC s car from my perspective.

- as far as someone on the accident scene knowing that an accelerant was forced down her throat or squirted up her nasal cavities? I will say this, I have personally intubated patients out in the field. There is no such thing as a perfect setting to do this but there are many bad settings. Night time being one, weather, environment, scene. Rescue/tower lighting on rescue apparatus, flash lights, etc obviously are not a preferred lighting source when entubating someone. Anyone in the medical profession knows that entubating someone is never easy for many reasons. I personally know that if I was the one entubating JC and noticed anything unusual in her throat/larnyx, I'd take temp mental note but honestly do not know if I could determine if it was a chemical burn, vapor or from extreme smoke, and frankly it is not a first responders job to determine this. Protocol. But someone may have noted such damage to this area in her throat that they assumed this and then word gets around quick.
Of the topic for a second. We've all head burns from eating hot food, right? You would be amazed at the severity of burns in your mouth that you have had and not of known it.

-back to topic, looking at the fire scene, does it look like 4 tire tracks, such as a 4x4 truck going up the hill?
I'm not trying to confuse you with what I wrote above about me not thinking there was an impact but a thought I had was if JCs car was parked at bottom of slope, a truck came up behind her car, made contact with her car lightly then pushed JCs car up the hill. The truck may of pushed her car at an angle therefore the pattern or "four " ruts. JCs car would not have enough power to make a rut or the tire. Ruts may of been caused by something else too such a recovery. Remember, a truck contacting JCs car then pushing is different then ramming. Even 5mph impact would have presented more damage than I was able to see from pics.

That's it for now.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. It's good to know what you think about the various points you raise, as you clearly have experience. I wondered about the tracks as well, if they didn't come from the tow truck after the fire had been put out and the scene was being cleared. Wish we knew, but what you say, about there not being evidence of impact on the rear passenger side where the lights would have been, makes sense to me. Welcome, Merry Xmas to u 2, and hope you keep sharing your thoughts as well as prayers.

Could you possibly post the link to a longer version of a video you mention, from the angle of the screen grabs in the post, that would show Jessica Chambers go on to pump gas and drive away?

This is the video that I was refering to. I'm not sure that I'm allowed to post it here since it comes from Youtube, but the description says that it comes from "MyFoxMemphis Facebook Page" so here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAk-Y8H4Z1o

The video isn't long enough to watch her when she drives away, but we can see the man who "disappeared" in the shorter version proceed to gas up his car (sorry if this is not the right verb, my first language is French so I tend to make mistakes when I write in English).

This is the video that I was refering to. I'm not sure that I'm allowed to post it here since it comes from Youtube, but the description says that it comes from "MyFoxMemphis Facebook Page" so here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAk-Y8H4Z1o

The video isn't long enough to watch her when she drives away, but we can see the man who "disappeared" in the shorter version proceed to gas up his car (sorry if this is not the right verb, my first language is French so I tend to make mistakes when I write in English).

That's great, it is indeed a longer version. Thank you. You're right.

Since there is plenty of females on this site; Can somebody share advice on the best way a parent should interact with their daughter thats 12 and up. Thanks.

Be their parent and not their friend. Stick to your rules and hold them accountable for any wrongdoings, AND always acknowledge when they've done well. Never stop communicating even if you feel like a broken record. Don't let discussions turn into screaming matches. If it does, take a breather, agree on a time when you can come together to sit down and talk civilized. Let them have their say and truly listen and acknowledge them. Never go to bed angry and always let them know you love them, you want what's best for them and you are their for them through good and bad. JMO though.

That's great, it is indeed a longer version. Thank you. You're right.

You're welcome. I looked for the original publication made by myfoxnewsmemphis but I couldn't find it. Perhaps I'm just tired...

Hello all! I'm new to the site. I've been curious about this case from the beginning and that led me to you guys. :)

Since so many people have been interviewed and cleared, I was thinking that maybe this first round was to find possible informants? Once they determined these possible people/person, they could bring them in and see if they'd be willing to be their ears after they release them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734