MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there is plenty of females on this site; Can somebody share advice on the best way a parent should interact with their daughter thats 12 and up. Thanks.

The teenage years are the most difficult and it is important to set ground rules with her other parent that are non-negotiable: Get to know the parents of her friends. Never allow her to sleep over at someone's house or to hang out with someone without first meeting the parents. Never allow her to go to someone's house after school unless you know the parent is home. One of the worst times for children that age is the time they spend after school and before the parent arrives home for work. Make sure that period of time is supervised. Never allow her to ride in a vehicle driven by a teenager unless the teenager is her sibling or trusted by you. Don't ever allow the child to pit one parent against the other. Even if you are divorced, when it comes to your daughter, stand united, firm and make it clear these rules are because you love her and want to keep her safe.

The answer to your first question, im9, gives you a bit of insight of the family disfunction. Drugs on all levels ( usage,manufacturer, distribution ) was part of the family culture. So it's not surprising to me to see a child of this culture slip into an associated lifestyle, namely gangs. I'd like to know what made her ex bf BR move to another state as he was a gang member as were his family circle? When JC was gone for that year ,I wonder what the word was on the street about where she was. When she came back,was she trusted or do some feel she betrayed them in some way? Could she have been viewed as a CI (her father did work in the Sheriff's Dept. and had received what some perceive as a light sentence )?

The motive in this case seems to me to be one of relationship retaliation and jealousy rather than anything to do with drugs. If she was in great spirits and looked forward to her future, she likely also had met someone new and was in a relationship. She was a very pretty young woman.

The motive in this case seems to me to be one of relationship retaliation and jealousy rather than anything to do with drugs. If she was in great spirits and looked forward to her future, she likely also had met someone new and was in a relationship. She was a very pretty young woman.

I agree. This seems very personal, like something over relationship jealousy or something like that. Unless, again, they thought she was dead and lit the fire to conceal evidence and didn't know she was still alive.

Earlier, no one that I recall came out and said it, but as to any possible pimp-type deal...pimps do not kill or greatly disfigure prostitutes. They may cause pain, I think normally in an area that doesn't show. Even if she displeases the pimp, the prostitute is the moneymaker. If someone had little enough smoothness and emotional control to wig out and do something like this, they wouldn't be a good pimp. There's no upside to pimps disfiguring prostitutes. I read this in some serial killer book, I think about the Hillside Strangler or some such case--the amateur cops at first were trying to blame killings on "pimp wars" until an expert pointed out pimps don't do this sort of thing.

Jessica Chambers death: Dad frustrated 'nobody seems to know anything' about who set her on fire 12/26/2014

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/jessica_chambers_death_dad_fru.html

Her father, Ben Chambers, works for the sheriff's department. He said he has to stay out of the area where the investigators work.

"They don't want me to see the evidence up there. I understand their point too, they're looking out for my benefit," he said. "They don't want me to see things that bring back memories, or see something that maybe I'll think someone had something to do with it and I'll go do something to some innocent person. They're doing everything by the book when it comes to me."

It's difficult waiting for DNA evidence and other information, he said.

"They've questioned people that normally know everything about everything, and nobody seems to know anything about this, that's what's so amazing and unbelievable," he said.

<sniped & BBM - Read More>

Agreed, though it might have something to do with something bigger than drugs. But even in terms of gang involvement, I'd think there would be ways to make a person "disappear" and not cause all this commotion. Unless the objective was to give a lesson, but still ... it's an expensive lesson at this point, IMO.

IDK ... I'm starting to wonder if this started as one thing but then morphed into another, i.e., someone was supposed to rough her up, but it was also personal, and said person(s) took matters into his or her or their own hands. Does that make any sense? But that, too, seems like a gutsy thing to do, unless said person(s) didn't care about the repercussions. For that reason, I think the person(s) may have been very angry ... and that anger took precedence over thought. JMO.

drugs = gangs= territory(possessions,competition(whether material or personal relationships)....this small town ,imo, is poisoned by the drug, life and Jessica Chambers either had to continue to live that life or get out. It seems to me she wanted to change but didn't leave and I think that might have cost her....

Your post brought up an interesting point. I've seen where JC had left the shelter about two months prior to her death. I've also seen (and I can't recall where) that had been out only since the week or two prior to her death. While no shelter I know would have told JC not to get back into a relationship, they certainly would not have encouraged it. Most likely, she would have been encouraged to learn to enjoy her own company and do things like: find employment(which she did), think about schooling(which from what I've read, she was), attend meetings(she may have been)...getting into another relationship would NOT have been recommended for someone with a history of being in bad relationships. Perhaps she chose NOT to get back with someone who wanted to get back with her? I don't know. I really have no clue. Grasping at straws, waiting for word that they've solved this case like the rest of you :(

I had a thought on the gasoline -giving the information you posted she put just under 6 gallons in her tank. We know she usually only put in a few dollars at a time. I was told by a fireman once that having a half full tank is more dangerous in a car fire than a full tank. The extra space gives vapors space to expand in the heat and explode.

If someone asked her to gas up and give them a ride, IMO, I think they wanted to be sure her tank had enough gas to help the accelerant to destroy her and the car both.

:cow:

there is def something with the extra gas. When I was rear ended (stopped with car who hit me going 60 mph), I had just completely filled my tank and the rear end of my station wagon was totally crumpled into the back seat and totaled but it did not explode due to no fumes. I got lucky.
So, maybe she just wanted to go for a longer trip. The car would have exploded even/esp if it had been low on gas.

This is the video that I was refering to. I'm not sure that I'm allowed to post it here since it comes from Youtube, but the description says that it comes from "MyFoxMemphis Facebook Page" so here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAk-Y8H4Z1o

The video isn't long enough to watch her when she drives away, but we can see the man who "disappeared" in the shorter version proceed to gas up his car (sorry if this is not the right verb, my first language is French so I tend to make mistakes when I write in English).

while watching that video I saw this one, also from Channel 5, with the man held for 48 hours immediately after JC's death. He also has a name which rhymes with the name she allegedly told first responders. They had nothing to hold him on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0JCBggLu-g

i wonder if police have determined that the damage to the car happened at the same time as her death, if they have i am not aware of them putting anything out to the public to be aware of anyone with recent damage to their car... (i suppose that assumes the damage came from another car hitting hers, which seems most likely but not absolute, she could have hit a tree in panic, someone else could have got in the car and drove it into a tree etc)

Missed a few days of reading posts due to the holidays, forgive me if this has been discussed. Why does Sha-Sha have a black eye and fat lip in her mug shot but not in her media interview? I'm thinking that she knows what the something went wrong was and she seems to be the only person mentioning a party and also known to have talked to Jessica on this night. I've put her pretty high up on my suspect list........

Missed a few days of reading posts due to the holidays, forgive me if this has been discussed. Why does Sha-Sha have a black eye and fat lip in her mug shot but not in her media interview? I'm thinking that she knows what the something went wrong was and she seems to be the only person mentioning a party and also known to have talked to Jessica on this night. I've put her pretty high up on my suspect list........

Where did Wlkrsn hear about the party which never proved real? She wasn't there, so who told her that 'they/Jessica left,' 'that something went wrong'? Is it possible that these may have been distancing rumors from the start, rumors that Wlkrsn had picked up and LE may have had to retrace as more information has trickled in so slowly.

The teenage years are the most difficult and it is important to set ground rules with her other parent that are non-negotiable: Get to know the parents of her friends. Never allow her to sleep over at someone's house or to hang out with someone without first meeting the parents. Never allow her to go to someone's house after school unless you know the parent is home. One of the worst times for children that age is the time they spend after school and before the parent arrives home for work. Make sure that period of time is supervised. Never allow her to ride in a vehicle driven by a teenager unless the teenager is her sibling or trusted by you. Don't ever allow the child to pit one parent against the other. Even if you are divorced, when it comes to your daughter, stand united, firm and make it clear these rules are because you love her and want to keep her safe.

100%. Amen.

I agree. This seems very personal, like something over relationship jealousy or something like that. Unless, again, they thought she was dead and lit the fire to conceal evidence and didn't know she was still alive.

Earlier, no one that I recall came out and said it, but as to any possible pimp-type deal...pimps do not kill or greatly disfigure prostitutes. They may cause pain, I think normally in an area that doesn't show. Even if she displeases the pimp, the prostitute is the moneymaker. If someone had little enough smoothness and emotional control to wig out and do something like this, they wouldn't be a good pimp. There's no upside to pimps disfiguring prostitutes. I read this in some serial killer book, I think about the Hillside Strangler or some such case--the amateur cops at first were trying to blame killings on "pimp wars" until an expert pointed out pimps don't do this sort of thing.

Splashing an anything flammable on her face was done to destroy her beauty, imo. That makes it personal and is a sign whomever did this is responsible. I think the perp could be a jealous female.

drugs = gangs= territory(possessions,competition(whether material or personal relationships)....this small town ,imo, is poisoned by the drug, life and Jessica Chambers either had to continue to live that life or get out. It seems to me she wanted to change but didn't leave and I think that might have cost her....

In my experience of living in a very small southern town, the biggest poison wasn't drugs, it was poverty and lack of education or training. Turning to drugs or alcohol as how people cope. Something was keeping Jessica tied to this community and my best guess is that she was in a new relationship.

Your post brought up an interesting point. I've seen where JC had left the shelter about two months prior to her death. I've also seen (and I can't recall where) that had been out only since the week or two prior to her death. While no shelter I know would have told JC not to get back into a relationship, they certainly would not have encouraged it. Most likely, she would have been encouraged to learn to enjoy her own company and do things like: find employment(which she did), think about schooling(which from what I've read, she was), attend meetings(she may have been)...getting into another relationship would NOT have been recommended for someone with a history of being in bad relationships. Perhaps she chose NOT to get back with someone who wanted to get back with her? I don't know. I really have no clue. Grasping at straws, waiting for word that they've solved this case like the rest of you :(

I agree with you but then, I'm not 19. It seems to me if she found employment, was pursuing school and thought she had a bright future ahead, she might try to justify to herself it was okay to ignore any recommendation that she not jump into a new relationship.

i wonder if police have determined that the damage to the car happened at the same time as her death, if they have i am not aware of them putting anything out to the public to be aware of anyone with recent damage to their car... (i suppose that assumes the damage came from another car hitting hers, which seems most likely but not absolute, she could have hit a tree in panic, someone else could have got in the car and drove it into a tree etc)

bbm I wondered about the damage being done by the tow trucker operator while loading the vehicle on the truck. jmo idk

Her car was reported in MSM (i'll look for the link) to not have had any damage prior to that night, according to her father. There's no confirmed information about whether the car was proven to have been damaged. The damage seems to have been if it does exist, high on the rear of the car, around to trunk and light area of the passenger side.

Although I am not convinced that JC's demise is directly related to gang activity, guess the possibility is always there... Indications are that JC may have been adhering to a gang membership desistence plan, and since JC's intentions were to write a book/autobiography, or if she had kept a personal diary. The information contained in the book transcript or her diary, as well as insight from her interventionist/s, should be a treasure trove of information for investigators, imo..

Interesting and informational article on Gang Membership;

Getting Out of Gangs, Staying Out of Gangs:
Gang intervention and Desistence Stategies

https://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Content/Documents/Getting-Out-Staying-Out.pdf

&#8226; Threat of violence from the gang
&#8220;Blood in, blood out&#8221; is a common phrase used by
street gangs to describe the process of entering
and leaving a gang, though it is rarely acted upon
in a fatal manner. It can be interpreted as follows:
gang members may shed their blood (during
the initiation) to get into the gang, and they are
frequently told that they have to shed their blood
to get out.

However, most individuals are able to leave their
gangs without the threat of violence. Interviews
conducted by Decker and Pyrooz (2011) with former