MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't quote exactly, but I believe LE stated something to the effect that they know "what happened" to her that night. I think if suicide was still on the table, LE may have stated something more like...we know what JC did that night. The other thing that throws suicide out, IMO, is that they are confident someone was with her. The car seats being reclined (both driver and passenger) seems to point to that as well, though not necessarily.

I know suicide by fire has happened, and will happen...but I don't see it as likely. Especially since guns are probably easy to acquire and pills as well.
Suicide doesn't mean someone was not with her prior to the act. I would think drugs or guns are more likely, but people do not always follow the norm when they decide to end it. The woman I knew was a soft spoken and kind soul who would never hurt a fly...and the last one we ever thought would kill herself via fire. It made no sense, but it happened.

My reason for believing this was not a case of suicide is much simpler. "We know what happened to her," said District Attorney John Champion. "We're not going to comment on that."

If what they know is that Jessica committed suicide by burning herself to death, they would not IMO be still investigating. Case closed. If that is what they meant by we know what happened to her. And yet they are interviewing people, they are still looking for leads and info.

It would seem to me that IF LE knows someone was with her, that someone we don't know about has talked. That would seem to me to be the only way LE could know that. I read on someone's FB post that they (LE) know who did this and they are looking for two people...one whose last name starts with a "W" and one who's first name starts with an "R" (both names sound like male names). On the same person's FB comments it says they have one person in custody. Didn't say if the person in custody is male or female.

Her family updated the Justice for Jessica FB page within the hour. The waiting and not knowing seems so excruciating for them and those around them.

Or even someone hoping to make it look like road rage? Also probably not likely, I suppose. The main reason I rule out accident or suicide is the federal presence that's come to town. I can't think that LE would be receptive to that if an accident or a suicide was suspected, unless the suicide was related to something equally nefarious (possible but not probable, IMO). It seems like a stretch ...

Mr. Carbuff thinks it's a road rage incident that escalated due to prior history between the two drivers.

I wish I could think it was something that simple.

I've looked at the mug shot, and honestly, I do not see the black eye nor the fat lip.

Same here. The image is so washed out that I could barely make out any detail at all. I didn't say anything, though, because I thought it could just be my eyesight going bad. :D

It would seem to me that IF LE knows someone was with her, that someone we don't know about has talked. That would seem to me to be the only way LE could know that. I read on someone's FB post that they (LE) know who did this and they are looking for two people...one whose last name starts with a "W" and one who's first name starts with an "R" (both names sound like male names). On the same person's FB comments it says they have one person in custody. Didn't say if the person in custody is male or female.

Or the opposite has happened and the person has invoked their right to silence. This was such a horrific, senseless crime deserving of the death penalty if the state has it.

It's sad that we have ground down to a near halt here on this. I'm posting just to keep this thing moving along and hope it doesn't dry up.

On a side note, (Hope you all don't mind because this thread is slow), I was thinking that it would be mighty interesting and even noteworthy if someone went along through the threads of different cases and tallied up the initial theories in these cases and then compared them to how accurate they were to the final known outcomes.

I don't know if I explained that clearly.

But you know how in the beginning of each case we are all on here with our different theories? Wouldn't it be very interesting to know how we compare to the actual results?

Think back to cases you've written about.

I can think of two right now, Sandra Cantu and that little girl from Texas, Alanna Gallagher.

They may have done a rape kit and have DNA and that's why this is taking so long to solve. It's how they solved the rape and murder of Kathy Taft in North Carolina.

I am betting there will be multiple DNA matches.

On a side note, (Hope you all don't mind because this thread is slow), I was thinking that it would be mighty interesting and even noteworthy if someone went along through the threads of different cases and tallied up the initial theories in these cases and then compared them to how accurate they were to the final known outcomes.

I don't know if I explained that clearly.

But you know how in the beginning of each case we are all on here with our different theories? Wouldn't it be very interesting to know how we compare to the actual results?

Think back to cases you've written about.

I can think of two right now, Sandra Cantu and that little girl from Texas, Alanna Gallagher.

I've been thinking about this. Has WS ever solved a case?

Are lost of you under the impression she was raped? I just can't see that included in this scenario given the circumstances and small window of time.

Yes. We had a WS member who solved the case of a missing 4-month old baby girl in my area. The baby was found in a box under some woman's bed...ALIVE!

I think there was enough time for a rape to happen. But I am not sure if it happened or not.

Are lost of you under the impression she was raped? I just can't see that included in this scenario given the circumstances and small window of time.

I'm not thinking she was raped. I'm thinking the killer is a woman and someone who JC knew and trusted. JMO

I've been thinking about this. Has WS ever solved a case?

We have added a lot of valuable input over the years. Many cops and attorneys read here regularly and follow their own cases.

I'm not thinking she was raped. I'm thinking the killer is a woman and someone who JC knew and trusted. JMO

I think it's possible she engaged in consensual sex in the car and somebody drove by and became enraged. I too, am open to the idea her killer was a woman.

Since LE apparently knows "what happened to her," I was wondering about the results of the autopsy. Does anybody have medical knowledge on whether bruises or contusions from a beating would still be evident if a person had been burned badly? If one of the many, many theories is that JC may have taken a beating for wanting out of a certain lifestyle, but things got out of hand, would there still be evidence of that beating? Or does it depend on how deep or badly any blows would have been, and just how much tissue would be affected?

Apologies if this was asked way back and I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018