MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I wanted to add that I feel horrible for this family. It's hard enough to have your daughter pass, then in such a manner, but also know that her and their pasts will probably be discussed (by LE at a minimum), in order to take into account all possibilities. I do feel it is important..but I imagine it makes all this much harder.

I can't remember if we have information about how much gasoline Jessica put in her car. I know I have seen she normally would put like $5 in here and there and that night she had put more in.

My reason for asking is that if a person is only going to put just a few dollars here and there one would know how far they are going to get based on how much gas they put in. I was wondering if we could get the make and model of Jessica's car and see what the mileage per gallon would have roughly been. And map out how far she could have intended on going which the intentions of making it back home also.

I did that back in #3 but I remember the math. Jessica bought 14$ worth of fuel. At the time the price of gas was 2.39 a gallon (I saw signs in the area for the station she purchased it from. A 2005 Kia Rio (Jessica's car make and model) advertises 21/29 mpg. Assuming she was "going somewhere" I assumed highway mileage with a maximum range of 170 miles for the fuel she purchased.

That's 85 miles each way maximum radius (by road). Assume somewhat less for the age of the car, and the whole trip would not be highway miles. You can safely assume she was most likely looking to go 60-70 miles away.

I believed initially she was looking to go to Memphis, and was heading the way she was to pick up a rider.

I saw another destination speculated, but unless she had more fuel already in the car, she wouldn't have had the range, nor would she have the gas necessary to make commuting elsewhere in the following days without buying more fuel.

Hello all! I'm new to the site. I've been curious about this case from the beginning and that led me to you guys. :)

Since so many people have been interviewed and cleared, I was thinking that maybe this first round was to find possible informants? Once they determined these possible people/person, they could bring them in and see if they'd be willing to be their ears after they release them?

Welcome to websleuths Melody Lane thanks for joining us and posting.

Is it possible that "lovers quarrel" is a euphemism for strife between different gangs?
Or possibly JC associating with a rival gang member ( not saying she was in a gang but possibly had a relationship with a member). We had a young 20's girl murdered with her 5 year old (?) Child by a gang member (MS 13) because she talked to a rival gang member even though she wasn't in a gang herself. Her boyfriend was convicted of her and her childs murder.

Also, I wanted to add that I feel horrible for this family. It's hard enough to have your daughter pass, then in such a manner, but also know that her and their pasts will probably be discussed (by LE at a minimum), in order to take into account all possibilities. I do feel it is important..but I imagine it makes all this much harder.

Thank you for your curiosity and being able to consider what her family must be going through. Welcome and hope you keep sharing your thoughts.

I did that back in #3 but I remember the math. Jessica bought 14$ worth of fuel. At the time the price of gas was 2.39 a gallon (I saw signs in the area for the station she purchased it from. A 2005 Kia Rio (Jessica's car make and model) advertises 21/29 mpg. Assuming she was "going somewhere" I assumed highway mileage with a maximum range of 170 miles for the fuel she purchased.

That's 85 miles each way maximum radius (by road). Assume somewhat less for the age of the car, and the whole trip would not be highway miles. You can safely assume she was most likely looking to go 60-70 miles away.

I believed initially she was looking to go to Memphis, and was heading the way she was to pick up a rider.

I saw another destination speculated, but unless she had more fuel already in the car, she wouldn't have had the range, nor would she have the gas necessary to make commuting elsewhere in the following days without buying more fuel.

Thank you, I thought I recalled your doing this already. There should be a thread just for the car info you and other WSers have contributed.

You're welcome. I looked for the original publication made by myfoxnewsmemphis but I couldn't find it. Perhaps I'm just tired...

You don't sound tired. The car the woman drivers to the pump and exits before she crosses by Jessica, then the other person in the redish hoodie gases up, seems like it would have GPS, so LE may have most likely checked that out if these two have been cleared.

You don't sound tired. The car the woman drivers to the pump and exits before she crosses by Jessica, then the other person in the redish hoodie gases up, seems like it would have GPS, so LE may have most likely checked that out if these two have been cleared.
BBM

Red hoodie? Is there any way the face could be seen? Could it have been R/DT?

You could look at it like that or you could look at it like that's reality & if it stirs a conscience in the people that know something; so be it, iykwim?!

Yes. It burns both ways. Does makes me sadder each day they haven't found out who did this.

Merry Xmas everyone and a special prayer for Jessica!

I've been keeping up on this site since the beginning and wanted to to add/ touch on a few items that have been brought up.

As an EMT/Asst Cf on a midwest fire dept along with having over 25 years in the auto industry as a body and mechanical shop owner, I have a little knowledge at least with cars, fires, car accidents and working with accident/medical patients.

- starting with the seats, they will only recline back if the(a) lever is activated. However, I've witnessed many times where a person

<snipped>

That's it for now.

:welcome: :wagon: :fireworks: :welcome6:

EMP/Asst Cf,I appreciate so much what you do for us. I have a stone statuary of the nativity near my sidewalk. The firetruck stoped outside to check the fire hydrant just as I was leaving my house. I wished them all a Merry Christmas. They nodded to my 'Virgin Mary' & said,"she's a friend of ours!" It made my Christmas.:smile:

Another thought provoking question - how well did JC's parents really know WHAT was going on in her life?
She had lived with prior boyfriend BR for 2 years? That means she was about 16 when she moved in? Why did parents approve of this? Leaving home to move in with a boyfriend at such a young age and also it had to be known this was a gang related family in this small town.

Then she lived in the rehab/safe house for a year and had only been out several months. There is no way either of her parents had any idea what their daughters real life was like! IMO

Teens are good at keeping secrets and telling only what they want. The style life poor Jessica was living was so gang influenced, IMO, she told her parents little. IMO

We have to wonder what her home life was like that she wanted to move out?
The answer to your first question, im9, gives you a bit of insight of the family disfunction. Drugs on all levels ( usage,manufacturer, distribution ) was part of the family culture. So it's not surprising to me to see a child of this culture slip into an associated lifestyle, namely gangs. I'd like to know what made her ex bf BR move to another state as he was a gang member as were his family circle? When JC was gone for that year ,I wonder what the word was on the street about where she was. When she came back,was she trusted or do some feel she betrayed them in some way? Could she have been viewed as a CI (her father did work in the Sheriff's Dept. and had received what some perceive as a light sentence )?

Hello all! I'm new to the site. I've been curious about this case from the beginning and that led me to you guys. :)

Since so many people have been interviewed and cleared, I was thinking that maybe this first round was to find possible informants? Once they determined these possible people/person, they could bring them in and see if they'd be willing to be their ears after they release them?
:welcome3: :party: :welcome4: :guitar:

No. In fact, many of them are required to be confidential.

That's good to know. Seems I only hear about rewards not being collected due to some technicality. Please don't ask me for specifics. It's early here and my brain is still on holiday.

Why was JC allowed to live with BR and his family for 2 years, if she was only 16/17 at the time. Didnt her family live right down the street. This could be why some people are saying its JC's dad fault. They may think that he could of did more to stir JC away from the path she was going down.

Are Jessica's parents divorced?

I had a thought on the gasoline -giving the information you posted she put just under 6 gallons in her tank. We know she usually only put in a few dollars at a time. I was told by a fireman once that having a half full tank is more dangerous in a car fire than a full tank. The extra space gives vapors space to expand in the heat and explode.

If someone asked her to gas up and give them a ride, IMO, I think they wanted to be sure her tank had enough gas to help the accelerant to destroy her and the car both.

:cow:

That just blows me away. How do you amass that many charges including felonie firearms charges and get less than 2 years in jail? And probably was in for less time on good behavior.

Jailhouse crowding?

ETA: Found the answer upthread. TY!

The answer to your first question, im9, gives you a bit of insight of the family disfunction. Drugs on all levels ( usage,manufacturer, distribution ) was part of the family culture. So it's not surprising to me to see a child of this culture slip into an associated lifestyle, namely gangs. I'd like to know what made her ex bf BR move to another state as he was a gang member as were his family circle? When JC was gone for that year ,I wonder what the word was on the street about where she was. When she came back,was she trusted or do some feel she betrayed them in some way? Could she have been viewed as a CI (her father did work in the Sheriff's Dept. and had received what some perceive as a light sentence )?

These are my thoughts too. Maybe there was rumor that JC was a "snitch" even if she wasn't. Someone felt that she wronged them IMO

Answering a few questions I've seen from the last couple of days on why a young woman Jessica's age might go to live with boyfriend's parents for a while...not saying this happened in Jessica's case, but I've seen this happen. Sometimes when someone gets a job and is trying to save to improve his or her life, an alcoholic or otherwise-addicted family member may commandeer their paycheck. I've seen this happen--the person who got a job had to move out in order to be able to save his or her own paycheck and not have it taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14