MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to films, I found Calvary to be extremely moving on why forgiveness -although very hard to do- is ultimately the best way to deal with what life throws at us. It's about a Catholic priest. I'm not Catholic but Brendan Gleeson's performance is so moving. It really touched my soul and made me think about what faith means. May not be for all tastes as it's also a dark comedy.

I haven't had the opportunity to incorporate this icon into a post as of yet. I was jealous of Katydid. So here's this.

Have a great day, may Jessica Chambers have justice and rest in peace.

:fireworks:

Gray Matter, thanks for the analysis, all of it. I feel like I am missing part of whatever has gone down here in the last 12 hours, but I appreciate the posts I was able to read from you.

The longer they take to make an arrest, the more I think they simply don't have much to go on. Look how quickly action is taken on other cases with less chatter from the masses. Raising the award may be all it takes, so they need to get on with it. The longer the case sits, the more of a chance that the perps will disappear suddenly, if they haven't already. Each day I come here hoping to read about an arrest that doesn't come.

As I said earlier today, grief, for me , is personal. I would NEVER solicit sympathy and money over the WWW. WS is a crime sleuthing group. Generally, the sympathy is for the victim of a crime. If the victim's family members, while in grief, are suspicious characters, they get discussed. And if LE doesn't seem quite up to the job, they get discussed, too. I could name some cases I have followed where family members have been torn to shreds. To be empathetic, is to understand everyone's pain. JMO

I don't think this link has been posted yet - I think it is an MSM site. If I am wrong, I'll delete it (I will alert the admin. to find out). It has a few new tidbits of information, and is a good summary. http://www.commercialappeal.com/new...-unnerves-residents-exposes-tensions_83023198
This part was bothersome to me "While investigators in the Chambers case may claim to be baffled by the lack of information from “the street,” Howell pointed out that a September shooting that killed two people and injured two others at a party in Panola apparently was witnessed by dozens of people. Yet none have come forward with sufficient information for authorities to file charges."

Gray Matter, thanks for the analysis, all of it. I feel like I am missing part of whatever has gone down here in the last 12 hours, but I appreciate the posts I was able to read from you.

The longer they take to make an arrest, the more I think they simply don't have much to go on. Look how quickly action is taken on other cases with less chatter from the masses. Raising the award may be all it takes, so they need to get on with it. The longer the case sits, the more of a chance that the perps will disappear suddenly, if they haven't already. Each day I come here hoping to read about an arrest that doesn't come.

<modsnip>

I believe the reason an arrest is taking so long is that this case might involve a situation where people retroactively state that they had no idea that there was a relationship (e.g., an affair).

I don't think this link has been posted yet - I think it is an MSM site. If I am wrong, I'll delete it (I will alert the admin. to find out). It has a few new tidbits of information, and is a good summary. http://www.commercialappeal.com/new...-unnerves-residents-exposes-tensions_83023198

Thank you for sharing this information. This stood out to me along with much of the new details you refer to, reported by Tom Chandler, 4:04 pm, Dec 20, '14

Meantime, on a hilltop along the main road leading west out of Courtland, crime scene tape, charred ground and imprints in the mud continue to mark off the spot next to a tree farm where Chambers was attacked.

I had wondered if the spot was picked close to the fire house because the perp/s had wanted to avoid a forest fire and if tree farming was an industry there. This would indicate some knowledge of the area if it indicates anything at all for that matter besides wondering 'why there?' and "why her?"
From your link:
Her grave marker.jpg

Attachments

• Tire tracks and char from a burned car mark fr michado's post link.png
    Tire tracks and char from a burned car mark fr michado's post link.png
    396.3 KB · Views: 53
  • close up of tire tracks and char from a burned car mark .jpg
    close up of tire tracks and char from a burned car mark .jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 42
I know we can't post anything from FB, but I scan still "facebook stalk" all the people involved in this story. <modsnip> Poor Jessica. I know the police are working hard, but I believe this crime could be solved in half a day. There are numerous people in that town that know or suspect who did it. <modsnip> Not talking about Ali, he is just trying to make a living. I'm sure he knows (or suspects) who did it, he knows a lot about what is going on in that town. Don't think he was involved at all! And if the witness from off screen that calls JC over thinks I believe her story, she is crazy! <modsnip> I know I am rambling, I'm sorry, just really bothered by this story. So many unsavory characters in her life. RIP JC!

I respectfully disagree. Imagine being Champion and receiving a call in the early morning hours about the case and then finding out a few hours later that the tow truck driver took evidence for a Facebook photoshoot.

I believe the reason an arrest is taking so long is that this case might involve a situation where people retroactively state that they had no idea that there was a relationship (e.g., an affair).

They need someone to talk, someone who actually knows. If they had that, I think they would already have made an arrest. Cases sit for years because the people who know are too intimidated to spill until the perp is dead or moves away. After two full weeks I can't help but think this might be what is happening.

Short of a confession, I think forensic evidence is the only way this will be solved, because the circumstantial evidence encompasses so many possibilities, that it (so far) isn't substantial to meet the burden of beyond a reasonable doubt. Hoping that DNA exists, and that the crime scene(s) are not tainted. JMO

They need someone to talk, someone who actually knows. If they had that, I think they would already have made an arrest. Cases sit for years because the people who know are too intimidated to spill until the perp is dead or moves away. After two full weeks I can't help but think this might be what is happening.

Crime Stoppers of North Central Mississippi is not very assertive. http://marshallcounty.crimestoppersweb.com/

I agree, but people may be worried about getting the taste slapped out of their mouth. Or worse.

Short of a confession, I think forensic evidence is the only way this will be solved, because the circumstantial evidence encompasses so many possibilities, that it (so far) isn't substantial to meet the burden of beyond a reasonable doubt. Hoping that DNA exists, and that the crime scene(s) are not tainted. JMO

I believe that DNA evidence certainly exists and hope that Jessica's belongings are untouched and clothing not cleaned until an arrest is made.

So, were the flowers photoshopped or what? I don't see any MSM articles about them when I Google it. That could be because of the two LE murdered in Brooklyn yesterday tho. I'm sure most media were focused on that for much of yesterday's news.

Does anyone have MOD info handy to ask about an archived article to post? TU.

So, were the flowers photoshopped or what? I don't see any MSM articles about them when I Google it. That could be because of the two LE murdered in Brooklyn yesterday tho. I'm sure most media were focused on that for much of yesterday's news.

http://www.wncn.com/story/27679470/...rs-raise-money-for-justiceforjessica-memorial

A group of supporters raised money online to put toward the flowers.

The poinsettias sit where yellow crime scene tape and charred tree bark that scarred the landscape once was. Though police previously asked that people not place memorials at the site to avoid possible road hazards, the individuals say they received permission from authorities.

Short of a confession, I think forensic evidence is the only way this will be solved, because the circumstantial evidence encompasses so many possibilities, that it (so far) isn't substantial to meet the burden of beyond a reasonable doubt.

rsbm

With respect, all 'forensic evidence' is circumstantial evidence. Nothing wrong with circumstantial evidence -- that's all there is without witness testimony regarding the event of the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme