MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snips from skibaboo's found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...anola-County-Dec-2014&p=11292552#post11292552 and with underlining by me

Working on rumour control.
A lot of whats been said is not any proof.
Going through coroner, going through ME.
Some accelerants have been ruled out.
Following up on every single tip.
Wont ever give up on this, will get there, these guys are so determined.
Its still early to some extent.
We are going to stay here until we found who did this.

SNIP

Questions (can't hear them all but these are answers)
Again re rumour control.
Q re accelerant, no confirmation if she had any on her, labs are working on this.
Defo treating as arson but waiting to know the source of arson.​

My long gone grandmother would say "a green Christmas, a full cemetery". I guess she meant here in Ontario. Yikes! We have no snow now and it's raining here....also quite mild. Stay safe you southern Sleuthers!

Here in Quebec we have snow but it's been raining since 6:00 am. Weird weather for Christmas!

can anyone re-post the link to the gas station footage?
The cops seem to think someone was in the car with her, and I wonder if they slipped in the back seat while JC was distracted by SR at M&M.

can anyone re-post the link to the gas station footage?
The cops seem to think someone was in the car with her, and I wonder if they slipped in the back seat while JC was distracted by SR at M&M.

here it is. [video=youtube;z1-E-FBpUIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1-E-FBpUIQ[/video]

ok i have to do some last minute christmas shopping, someone solve this case while im out thanx brb

and if you have time solve the desirae jones case too, thats all i want for christmas...

here it is. [video=youtube;z1-E-FBpUIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1-E-FBpUIQ[/video]
There is just something totally creepy to me, watching that surveillance footage. Knowing what happened to her shortly thereafter. Everything and everyone looks ominous to me because even though we don't have the gaps filled in, we know how the story ends. I have a very hard time watching this footage.

lol. I can picture the fbi looking through the files of LE and asking them; " Why is your files and reports blank for the last 5 years?"

There is just something totally creepy to me, watching that surveillance footage. Knowing what happened to her shortly thereafter. Everything and everyone looks ominous to me because even though we don't have the gaps filled in, we know how the story ends. I have a very hard time watching this footage.

Well (formally) being from NYC; I can tell you that most corner stores/bodegas in the 80's and 90's were trampled with this kind of hanging out. You could not even get a loathe of bread without pondering on if you are going to get mugged. But for the most part; it was just kids hanging out. So I think that besides the gas-can guy; Some people there are just passing time and asking for change in order to get high. jmo.

Some of the football players were involved in Gang life (or some of the ones who did not get recruited to a good college are now gang affiliated). JC is alleged to have dated a former Panola HS football player after BR moved to Iowa. That football player is now in jail for some offense (probably known, but I don't know it).

I heard he is BR cousin. So maybe Auntie thought JC was causing problems in the family. Idk

I have a harder time with the animated Jessica on fire in that video. That's really sick.

Some random thoughts to get off of my mind. Like someone above mentioned, we really know next to nothing. One thought I have is about the "really, really loud pipes" report. One picture of Jessica's car clearly shows the muffler is mangled. This most likely happened when they winched her car (on bare rims) down off the slope and onto the flat bed. But, her muffler could also have been ripped off on the way up the embankment. With the car still running, it would have been really, really loud.
Another scenario I think about is a vehicle parked, running, on that embankment with a very hot catalytic converter. That alone could start a fire by igniting the leaves and debris. Suppose Jessica became aware of smoke in the passenger compartment. She would open the door, step out, inspect the seat, recline it, then go around to the other side and do the same thing.
And along these lines, if indeed what we see in the gas station video is her rubbing out a cigarette on the pavement on her way towards the store,.....welp, I have to say that is careless disposal of smoking material. Especially if she then put the (possibly) extinguished butt into her pocket. Could that have begun to burn in her pocket later? I smoke, and I visit gas stations, but never at the same time.
On a minor note, is gascanguy using an approved Gas can? Where I come from it is illegal to transport (or fill) gasoline into anything but an approved Can.

sbm bbm

Exactly. What do parents think they know vs. what do parents actually know?
Could be a biiiiiig gap there, esp in light of her extended time living away from parents, w former BF and in 'shelter.'

Also do her parents' perspectives about 'learning her lessons' differ from Beaver Cleaver's mom & dad's ideas about lessons? Our ideas?
A little or a lot?

When we read about someone 'turning their life around' does that translate into action?
Or is it just talk, whether coming directly from horse's mouth, or repeated by friend, family member, or a social agency/faith based org. staff?

IDK about any of the above.

AFAIK, the only confirmed, objective action was her new-ish employment at the Batesville Goody's store. Part time, full time?
How long had she bn employed there, a month or so?
Maybe moving back in (w her Mother?) was a positive action away from bad relationships, her assault-arrests (drugs, gangs, whatever crimes).

I'd like to think that her life was on an upward trajectory but IDK.
RIP Jessica.

IMO, at age 19 one shouldn't have to "turn their life around." I don't expect perfect behavior from a teenager. I wasn't an angel during my teenage years, and I actually don't expect it of my kids (slightly younger and older than Jessica). Stuff is out there. Stuff happens (and parents don't always see it coming). But it appears that Jessica had a lot to deal with for her young age. I'm really proud of her for taking the steps she did, even if she had setbacks (not saying she did, just that they happen, too).

When I first read about this possibly being "gang-related," I thought it sounded a bit movie-of-the-week. Scoping out the alleged cast of characters has changed my mind on that. I so wish she could have gotten away from this environment.

Some of the football players were involved in Gang life (or some of the ones who did not get recruited to a good college are now gang affiliated). JC is alleged to have dated a former Panola HS football player after BR moved to Iowa. That football player is now in jail for some offense (probably known, but I don't know it).
Thanks for the info!

I'm trying to think of how an accelerant got on Jessica without it being poured on her. I'm coming up empty.

I come up with "Something blew up."

Do people freebase any more? A meth lab accident? An accident from carrying meth chemicals around in a car? Cleaning her fishing pole with mineral spirits and forgot she shouldn't smoke at the same time?

I come up with "Something blew up."

Do people freebase any more? A meth lab accident? An accident from carrying meth chemicals around in a car? Cleaning her fishing pole with mineral spirits and forgot she shouldn't smoke at the same time?
Thanks, I didn't think of that.

I'm not a fisherman but I've never heard of people cleaning their fishing pole with mineral spirits. I wonder how common that is? Why is it done? To remove oil? How would oil get on the pole?

I have a harder time with the animated Jessica on fire in that video. That's really sick.

I had to watch to see what you were talking about. I don't think we or the media should shy away from the horrific nature of this case and presenting factual evidence, but this struck me as being in incredibly poor taste.

I've yet to see a first responder or a single official report on the record that Jessica was at any point standing or walking or yelling while on fire, and I'm disregarding every sensational account to the contrary unless + until I hear it is from a witness, on the record. That includes Chambers family members, who were no doubt hysterically upset in the immediate aftermath of Jessica's death and even now, still - I expect that they are all in shock and finding their way through their grief, amplified by the holiday season and the public attention.

THANK YOU!!!!

so, the time when she is off camera is the 90 seconds of conveniently missing video. that is the time frame that someone would have had the opportunity to jump in her car - or while she was in the store.

and OMG. why did they need to animate the burning car and victim? no need for that whatsoever. morbid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem