MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i imagine using a generator 24/7 is very expensive. Did you see the video of gasoline guy being interviewed by a local news station? He showed a generator beside his trailer.

If he's using a generator for his electrical needs, he probably isn't using it 24/7. He may have need for electricity only a few hours at night before sleep. You can't gauge another person's need for electricity with regard to you own. He may be low income, and can only afford to run lights when he absolutely needs to. He may have the resources and refuses to dump them into a utility that's monopolizing and unfairly gouging (god knows I wish I could do just that). Neither is illegal, assuming this guy is completely innocent, he had the misfortune of purchasing fuel at the absolutely cosmic worst possible time.

I have been ''trying'' to follow this story and am impressed by the posts. I had a silly wild thought that I just want to throw into the ring for ''consideration''.

Huffing gasoline as despicable as that sounds is a giddy low cost addiction and may have led to an accident KWIM?

I agree it's not probable. I would think that the pawl and tooth would not melt away first because they're made of much thicker metal than the springs. That's just my opinion though.

What about things warping out of position and causing the seats to unlock? Is that possible? No melting needed. JMO.

Spring steel has more carbon added than stainless steel or steel. That makes it more flexible and raises it's melting point. Melting point and composition have more relevance than thickness. Also many newer vehicles in the pursuit of chasing weight control choose a softer metal for the pawl and other collision free components. It's the cheaper, easier, part to stamp, and also replace. The pawl is made to wear before the tooth.

I have been ''trying'' to follow this story and am impressed by the posts. I had a silly wild thought that I just want to throw into the ring for ''consideration''.

Huffing gasoline as despicable as that sounds is a giddy low cost addiction and may have led to an accident KWIM?
At this point, anything is possible.

Examples of products being abused

Nail polish remover
Paint thinner
Paint remover
Correction fluid
Toxic magic markers
Pure toluene
Lighter fluid
Gasoline
Carburetor cleaner
Octane booster
Air conditioning coolant
Lighters
Fire extinguishers

- See more at: http://www.inhalant.org/inhalant-abuse/inhalant-types/solvents/#sthash.7Kc9tpkE.dpuf

The spring that is used to sling seat forward upon depressing the seat locking position would lose its torsional character if heated to a certain temperature.

Just a hunch that Flatfoot has been around race cars back in the day where one would throw a torch on the coil spring of a car to change spring pressure/ride height.

Yes that will change the torsion of the spring, but unless it's taken to near melting, red or white hot, the spring will only change to a minimum. I'm trying to find the melting point of spring steel vs steel, I believe it's going to be a minimum of 350F difference, depending on carbon content. Regardless without knowing the composition of the pawl, many of which are stamped out of much "softer" composites, supposition is a fruitless endeavor. I'm not a knowitall I promise. I worked on a project with a materials physicist for over a year, I learned an awful lot about how materials behave on a different level than I ever imagined.

From Huffpost video
Jessica Chambers walking back from the side to the store. Red wearing woman at the bottom - Edit.jpg Jessica walking back from the side, gas jug guy facing pump, red top lady by bins, station wagon lady going back to her car
pink deli lady, shoulder of red top lady, JC, gas guy standing facing pump, woman entering passe.jpg pink deli lady comes out
Red wearing woman with glass propped on head says hi to pink deli lady - Edited.png
Gas jug guy facing pump.jpg gas jug guy there
Gas jug guy not at pump anymore, JC bent down still.jpg gas jug guy not there

So, it looks to me, like when he said he looked up and he recognized Jessica Chambers, was she bending down at the time?

Spring steel has more carbon added than stainless steel or steel. That makes it more flexible and raises it's melting point. Melting point and composition has more relevance than thickness. Also many newer vehicles in the pursuit of chasing weight control choose a softer metal for the pawl and other collision free components. It's the cheaper, easier, part to stamp, and also replace. The pawl is made to wear before the tooth.

Okay thanks.

I've been to a few house fires, one where we learned a lot and a few of our guys were extremely lucky. Garage door was open and was an escape route if needed.

Fire had changed it direction and now garage heated up. Crew had retreated by this time as communication was relayed well in advance.

What happened next may explain what heat does to spring steel. The garage door closed on its own due to the extreme heat in the garage which relaxed the torsional properties of the garage door springs which subsequently lost its strength to hold door up.

True stormy.

Spring steel has more carbon added than stainless steel or steel. That makes it more flexible and raises it's melting point. Melting point and composition have more relevance than thickness. Also many newer vehicles in the pursuit of chasing weight control choose a softer metal for the pawl and other collision free components. It's the cheaper, easier, part to stamp, and also replace. The pawl is made to wear before the tooth.

Sounds like you're feeling better. Your car information is always great to know. Happy New Year to you and WSers as justice for Jessica is pursued.

If he's using a generator for his electrical needs, he probably isn't using it 24/7. He may have need for electricity only a few hours at night before sleep. You can't gauge another person's need for electricity with regard to you own. He may be low income, and can only afford to run lights when he absolutely needs to. He may have the resources and refuses to dump them into a utility that's monopolizing and unfairly gouging (god knows I wish I could do just that). Neither is illegal, assuming this guy is completely innocent, he had the misfortune of purchasing fuel at the absolutely cosmic worst possible time.

Agreed

I've been to a few house fires, one where we learned a lot and a few of our guys were extremely lucky. Garage door was open and was an escape route if needed.

Fire had changed it direction and now garage heated up. Crew had retreated by this time as communication was relayed well in advance.

What happened next may explain what heat does to spring steel. The garage door closed on its own due to the extreme heat in the garage which relaxed the torsional properties of the garage door springs which subsequently lost its strength to hold door up.

True stormy.

Not our department but a quick search shows it does happen.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjPbw7dRt4A

True stormy.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Especially when talking about fire/heat in this case.

Thanks.

Sounds like you're feeling better. Your car information is always great to know. Happy New Year to you and WSers as justice for Jessica is pursued.

Off topic, not much better, was really just hoping to hop on and see some sort of development. Something more substantial than lead investigator Champion hoping that someone would stop by and confess. I don't watch much network TV. Every time I do I normally catch something horrible which brings me out of my quiet world of ignorance. Like Jessica's murder.

Thank you and Happy New Year to you, and everyone fortunate enough to be alive to celebrate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8