MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

How can anyone be 100% sure now?

If Mr. Tow Truck Driver would have driven the car straight to the impound lot, this would not become a question. Plus, any possibility of this evidence being thrown out because the Defense challenges its integrity (if someone planted evidence or altered it somehow).

Just imagine if an Investigator had a drinking glass with fingerprints all over it and told someone helping at the scene to take it back to the office. But, instead of going straight to the office, the helper stops at the bar for a "cold one". He sits the glass down on the bar-top while he drinks his Bud Light. Unbeknownst to him, someone picks up the glass and adds their fingerprints to the mix! How responsible is that?

Or imagine if you stopped with a burned out vehicle, one torched with an accelerant, and it's an accelerant whose spectrum signature is nearly identical pre and post ignition (they do exist). All of a sudden you can no longer prove when the accelerant was introduced. Or the addition of a chemical regeant or catalyst with which a decomposition, synthesis, or oxidation occurs preventing accurate spectral analysis on evidence, yeah that may not have happened, but you have established reasonable doubt.

There is at least one other case where I read of where the act of arson actually preserved the evidence rather than destroyed it, not really sure how that's possible but the statement was made by a reputable arson inspector. No, I do not have the source for that statement but willing to research it again if anyone feels the need for proof.

*EDIT
Normally I read all new posts before I start responding just so I don't do what I did tonight. I realized in more than one post tonight I've repeated things other users posted, before having read them. I apologize, plagiarism isn't normally one of my talents. :)

I believe that at the time they moved the car, they knew (or thought they knew) who was responsible. I also believe that they either found them to have alibis after questioning, no longer found them to be responsible, or are waiting for lab results to confirm. I now think they moved the car quickly because they thought it was a slam dunk.
bbm
exactly, a huge possibility imo.

i imagine using a generator 24/7 is very expensive. Did you see the video of gasoline guy being interviewed by a local news station? He showed a generator beside his trailer.

I didn't see the video. Is it a small Honda type generator? Or a larger one on wheels? Those small Honda's don't use much gas. They won't run a house either.

It's hard to say how much money someone is spending on generator gas without knowing a lot of details. JMO.

Maybe on cctv from M&M...wasn't it a few days until LE got custody of the surveillance system? JMO

I heard it took a few days for LE to get the video. Perhaps the tow truck stop was captured by the video LE eventually got. JMO.

I'm still wondering if LE spoke to whoever lives on Courtney Village Drive behind the gate where Jessica was killed? That is the very close in proximity to the crime scene.

Chambers said she believes people in the community know what happened to her daughter, and she wants them to come forward with information.

She said the place her daughter was killed is very quiet, and she believes somebody definitely heard something the night of the murder.

http://wreg.com/2014/12/31/jessica-chambers-family-looks-to-new-year-without-answers/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following google satellite images back to the first place I see any signs of habitation on the road behind the gate I see a lot of utilitarian trucks, storage buildings and the like, it looks like it's possibly a nursery, farm, or a landscaping operation. Some sort of business operation that very likely is not staffed or occupied in the evenings.

I recently read on a twitter post which did NOT supply documentation that there is no recording of the 911 call because the fire chief was called directly. NO IDEA as to the truth of this, but if true, it would explain a few things...so, hypothetically, how would this change the story? Just got me thinking... JMO

Did you see a station wagon in that video?
Le said they have a 2nd video from somewhere else which took place after the mm video. So they narrowed the time down. But they are not releasing it. So idk if a wagon was in it.

I didn't see the video. Is it a small Honda type generator? Or a larger one on wheels? Those small Honda's don't use much gas. They won't run a house either.

It's hard to say how much money someone is spending on generator gas without knowing a lot of details. JMO.

Rather small generator imoo and a small trailer.

I was thinking about cost of gas per gallon. idk

Rather small generator imoo and a small trailer.

I was thinking about cost of gas per gallon. idk

Look at it if your putting gas in a Hummer vs a Honda Civic. Same principle. Cost per gallon is the same. One uses more than the other.

I recently read on a twitter post which did NOT supply documentation that there is no recording of the 911 call because the fire chief was called directly. NO IDEA as to the truth of this, but if true, it would explain a few things...so, hypothetically, how would this change the story? Just got me thinking... JMO

It really wouldn't change it other than rule out whomever called should not be a suspect. Courtland has a volunteer fire department so that scenario makes perfect sense.

Could the fire have caused the seats to recline? I have to admit I haven't seen any photos of the car after the fire. High heat could cause things to change inside the car. JMO.

No way in hell. The ratchet mechanism would have had to have been completely destroyed to permit that to have happened. Spring steel is extremely strong and durable by design. The pawl and tooth mechanism would melt away first, and the seat would spring forward. The spring would have to had melted away first, which isn't physically probable.

I'm guessing all emergency services (911) have to be somewhat consistent state by state. Any 911 call in our state goes to "dispatch" where it is then relayed to appropriate station for the area where help is needed. The origin of call is always recorded, the "page" out to appropriate resource may or may not be recorded but the questioned being asked by many is about the original 911 call.

Being on a FD, I've called in accident scenes to dispatch via non-emergency number to page out units within our dept. instead of using the 911 number. Same group of people taking call but not necessarily being recorded.

Hope this doesn't confuse anyone, I confuse myself all the time!

Happy New Year to all.

but how can that ever be verified?

It can't be verified. She can claim she said one thing and a prosecutor can claim she said another. It always comes down to whom the jury finds credible.

Continuation......to clarify, I've called in situations where I have come up on an accident scene or medical.

No way in hell. The ratchet mechanism would have had to have been completely destroyed to permit that to have happened. Spring steel is extremely strong and durable by design. The pawl and tooth mechanism would melt away first, and the seat would spring forward. The spring would have to had melted away first, which isn't physically probable.

THIS^^^^ , i knew someone explained it, thank you.

I agree it's not probable. I would think that the pawl and tooth would not melt away first because they're made of much thicker metal than the springs. That's just my opinion though.

What about things warping out of position and causing the seats to unlock? Is that possible? No melting needed. JMO.

The spring that is used to sling seat forward upon depressing the seat locking position would lose its torsional character if heated to a certain temperature.

Just a hunch that Flatfoot has been around race cars back in the day where one would throw a torch on the coil spring of a car to change spring pressure/ride height.

The spring that is used to sling seat forward upon depressing the seat locking position would lose its torsional character if heated to a certain temperature.

Just a hunch that Flatfoot has been around race cars back in the day where one would throw a torch on the coil spring of a car to change spring pressure/ride height.
I have no idea if the fire caused the seats to change their position. I was just wondering if it's possible. I think that if the fire was hot enough it could happen.

Maybe down the road we will learn more. At this point I'm keeping it as being a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8