MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading every post of every thread here, and reading various 'other' sites, I have determined that if I had to sleep in my car, I would get the hell out of that town if I lived there. Just sayin...

Right SteveP......get the heck out of Dodge for sure!!

Moo

Considering they were right outside a store that sold a multitude of different brands of cigs, I don't believe the conversation had anything to do with bumming a cig, menthol or otherwise.

JMO

As my friends Daddy used to say "No funds No fun" This will tranlate to cigarettes. No funds no cigs.

As my friends Daddy used to say "No funds No fun" This will translate to cigarettes. No funds no cigs.

Regardless, more was said then just a few sentences. Jessica was out of the picture for over a minute. It took less time for her to pay for her gas than it took for SR to figure out it was the wrong cigarette?

I don't buy it.

I personally think that JC went to that party but "not to party" kwim? She had another reason to go....which makes me think that maybe someone needed a ride because IMO someone was in the car with her when she left and people saw who got in the car with her....which was the reason for that someone to torch her car....they had been in her car. Sha-Sha said "when THEY left" ....people know who she left with...but for whatever reason no one is willing to rat this person out....this person has a very strong presence in this town...no doubt in my mind.
The guy with the gas cans probably went to this same party and is connected in some way to the person who left with JC....just thinking out loud.

I personally think that JC went to that party but "not to party" kwim? She had another reason to go....which makes me think that maybe someone needed a ride because IMO someone was in the car with her when she left and people saw who got in the car with her....which was the reason for that someone to torch her car....they had been in her car. Sha-Sha said "when THEY left" ....people know who she left with...but for whatever reason no one is willing to rat this person out....this person has a very strong presence in this town...no doubt in my mind.
The guy with the gas cans probably went to this same party and is connected in some way to the person who left with JC....just thinking out loud.

Now that's some great insight. What if her plans weren't to go to the party at all. Maybe she was asked at some point to drop someone off or pick someone up from the party and bring them somewhere else. In fact, you may have nailed it right on the head.

They torched her car because they had been in her car? Or had been seen in her car?

I don't follow.....????

They torched her car because they had been in her car? Or had been seen in her car?

I don't follow.....????

I'm pretty sure s/he meant they torched the car to remove forensic evidence of his/her presence in her car. Whatever's got a hold of that town isn't afraid of the locals knowing/seeing/snitching over having been in the car. But you can't intimidate forensic evidence into turning a blind eye--hence the burning of the vehicle.

I've considered mineral spirits top of my list of weapons in JC's case since the start and as far as the perp/s depending on her lighting a cig to ignite herself, considering it was a gamble with unknown variables, I don't think that would bother someone who was "toying" with J's life much like a cat does a trapped mouse. IMO they found what they did, and likely went to witness part of, very enjoying. If there was someone else injured or killed I think that wouldn't bother them one dang bit. They have no conscience to be able to immolate a living human. There are so many of these subhumans around us constantly but most don't see it. The don't want to think about it, don't want to acknowledge it.
As far as evidence being tainted by tow truck driver's stop, from what little I can gather, the autopsy tells the story for LE. And seems to me they have more video from after she left M&M. Champion may be hedging but if you read between the lines, I don't think he, backed-up by FBI/MBI/ATF etc, is bluffing.
And IMO hell will have no fury like the jury that hears this case when all evidence is laid bare. Unlike sunshine laws in Fla and other states, MS isn't telling one thing they have until the grand jury hears it. Be patient because Jessica will have her justice.
:moo:

Now that's some great insight. What if her plans weren't to go to the party at all. Maybe she was asked at some point to drop someone off or pick someone up from the party and bring them somewhere else. In fact, you may have nailed it right on the head.
IMO she had no plans to attend the party solely because of the way she was dressed...I also think she knew about this person needing a ride before she got to the gas station which is probably why she bought more gas than usual. JMO

I'm pretty sure s/he meant they torched the car to remove forensic evidence of his/her presence in her car. Whatever's got a hold of that town isn't afraid of the locals knowing/seeing/snitching over having been in the car. But you can't intimidate forensic evidence into turning a blind eye--hence the burning of the vehicle.

But I think that is obvious, anyway to me. Arson is an obvious way to destroy DNA evidence. Except it's not always foolproof.

Ok absentia, I'll give you that about the ear flap guy not on a cellphone.

BUT-----who puts a cig out by bending down? All you do is drop it & step on it. Did JC put the cig out on the ground & bent down to pick up whatever was left of it to smoke it later (shudder)????

Moo

I know a couple of people who do this, including one of my relatives. They smoosh it out and dispose of the butt properly instead of leaving it lying around like litter.

EXACTLY. Thank you...well put.
The person didn't want LE know they was with JC but some locals know exactly who JC was riding with.
That's another reason why I believe something happened to JC BEFORE her car was torched...

An observation regarding JC bending over near the door of M&M's - it looks to me like she is putting out a cigarette before entering the store. Also, she appears to have a shuffling walk when heading to the person who called her over. I am guessing she may have been wearing some type of slippers, along with the pajama bottoms, that caused her to shuffle. (edit to add - if she had been wearing slippers, she would not have used her foot to put out a cigarette.)

Since the beginning i have thought this to be a case of jealousy (for unknown reasons) and a female perp. Jmo ... but here are some interesting arson facts from
http://www.drtomoconnor.com/4050/4050lect04a.htm

The SIX MAIN TYPES ACCORDING TO THE FBI CLASSIFICATION MANUAL:

ARSON FOR REVENGE (41%) - precipitating factor is a real or imagined affront that occured months or years ago; attack is focused on individual rivals, a business chain, schools, or some facilities connected with offender
ARSON FOR EXCITEMENT (30%) - precipitating factor is boredom, (sexual) thrill cycle, or need for attention; attack is focused on large or outdoor targets, like parks, construction sites, arenas, as well as residential areas
ARSON FOR VANDALISM (7%) - precipitating factor is family disturbance or peer pressure; attack if usually focused on educational facility as well as residences and outdoors
ARSON FOR PROFIT (5%) - precipitating factor is a recent financial loss which triggers an urge to cheat the insurance company, recoup a bad investment, or dispose of some depreciated assets
ARSON FOR CRIME CONCEALMENT (10%) - precipitating factor is a desire to cover up some other criminal activity, such as auto theft or murder
ARSON FOR EXTREMISM (7%) - precipitating factor is to further a social, political, or religious cause, or to burn down buildings associated with specific races or religions

Adult arson is usually a product of vanity or egocentricity (Orr 1989). When the perpetrator is male, the motivation is more cold-blooded or instrumental; and when the perpetrator is female, the motivation is more hot-blooded, emotional, or affective (Gannon 2010). Professor James Ogloff, director of the Centre for Forensic Science at Monash University in Australia, says the profile of a typical fire setter is male, late teens/early 20s, unattractive, unmarried, shy, socially isolated, and with lower intelligence. About a third of perpetrators have co-morbid psychiatric conditions including schizophrenia, and mood and/or personality disorders (usually narcissism). About half have prior criminal convictions. One of the more curious clinical characteristics is the apparent lack of motive (typically reserved for the so-called pyromaniac). No arsonist shows remorse, but only the pyromaniac lacks conscious motivation although they are fully aware of the acts they are committing. It's as if their mind "blocks off" or conceals short-term memory of whatever rational thought they put into their devious plans. For this reason, clinicians often characterize the motivation as a combination of pathological and non-pathological.

Couldn't' alcohol/liquor be used as an accelerant?

I'm just thinking and associating party with liquor....

Ok absentia, I'll give you that about the ear flap guy not on a cellphone.

BUT-----who puts a cig out by bending down? All you do is drop it & step on it. Did JC put the cig out on the ground & bent down to pick up whatever was left of it to smoke it later (shudder)????

Moo
I do :) i keep the filter otherwise it's littering - I've done this for years now and throw them away later

EXACTLY. Thank you...well put.
The person didn't want LE know they was with JC but some locals know exactly who JC was riding with.
That's another reason why I believe something happened to JC BEFORE her car was torched...

I really do not know how quickly it takes for a car to become engulfed in flames. I wonder if she had been unconscious when it was lit and then she woke up? Is that even theoretically possible or would she have been so exposed she would've died quickly thereafter?

I find it hard to believe that someone would light her on fire and then just let her walk around on fire if their intent was to kill her. What if she had walked to someone's house and got assistance? What if she was able to communicate who did it to her (as it seems she tried to do).

I think the person who lit her on fire expected her to burn to death in the car and got the heck out of dodge before she/he/they got caught.

Just thinking out loud here.

Mineral spirits are recommended for cleaning upholstery of all kinds in cars etc. The link below show how accidents can happen:
http://hingstssignpost.blogspot.com/2012/10/solvents-and-fire-safety.html
>snipped for brevity<
Fire is undiscriminating. It can flare up at any time. And can happen to anyone. After finishing a vinyl graphics application job, a former colleague and mentor had loaded the back seat of his car with rags which had been soaked in solvent for cleaning, before heading down the road. As John drove, he attempted to light one cigarette with another, that he had just finished smoking. After getting a light, he threw the old cigarette out the window. Unbeknownst to John, the cigarette blew back into his car, landing in the pile of rags. Shortly thereafter the rags ignited. As long flames trailed out the back windows of his car, alarmed motorists frantically honked their horns to alert John of his precarious predicament. Flammable solvents are those that can have a “flash point” at temperatures lower than 100°F. The flash point is the lowest temperature at which a solvent can catch fire – the lower the flash point, the more dangerous the solvent. Combustible solvents can catch fire at temperatures at higher than 100°F but lower than 200°F. The following is a list of some common solvents that might be in your shop:
SOLVENT HAZARD RATING
Acetone Flammable
Adhesive Remover Highly Flammable
Brush Cleaner Flammable
Denatured Alcohol Highly Flammable
Enamel Reducer Extremely Flammable
Lacquer Thinner Extremely Flammable
Mineral Spirits Combustible
Paint Conditioner/
Flow Enhancer Combustible
Turpentine Flammable
Wax & Grease Remover Highly Flammable
Xylene Flammable
Solvent vapors can become concentrated near open containers of liquid solvent. These invisible vapors are very dangerous. Remember, the vapors burn, not the liquid. It only takes a spark or high temperatures to start a fire. An gallon of solvent, such as lacquer thinner has the explosive power of several sticks of dynamite.
This linked RSBM for relevancy:
http://www.jondon.com/matrix-o-m-s-odorless-mineral-spirits-for-dry-cleaning.html
Safely clean even the most delicate fabrics, including silk and crushed velvet with Matrix Odorless Mineral Spirits
Odorless Mineral Spirits (OMS) are a solvent-based, odorless cleaning formula that is safe for use on all fabrics, even silk and crushed velvets. When you are worried about bleeding, browning, or shrinkage, OMS is the best choice to safely clean delicate fabrics.
OMS can also be used as a pretreatment (apply using a towel) for oily spots on fabrics. It’s also great for removing hair treatments (such as oils, gels, or sprays) that have transferred to fabric.
:moo:

I know a couple of people who do this, including one of my relatives. They smoosh it out and dispose of the butt properly instead of leaving it lying around like litter.
In a time when I and my fellow smokers often feel ashamed of our cig use, I go out of my way to dispose of my butts legally:) Dang its bad enough in this country already to be a S-M-O-K-E-R..ssssh. I sure don't wanna be stared at for throwing my butts out the window or on the ground. In my area someone would call me to task for that, you betcha, and I guess rightfully so.
:blushing:
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members