MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been spending some time with the UCR this morning looking at statistics on murder by method, by sex of offender, by sex of victim, by weapon and by circumstances. Unfortunately I have no access to VICAP, so I cant really plug in the circumstances of the crime against Jessica and see if there are a common group of circumstances that would weight to a male or female offender.

It has been slow going, because I have no idea if this crime (for example) would be classified as murder by arson or murder by fire. In my mind, I can think of cases where there has been a female murderer (or more than one participating) where the death ended up with the victim being set on fire. This *feels* like a love triangle/jealousy type situation to me, which doesnt mean it is. I think the phone was an after thought-someone had taken it or had it on them when fleeing and it was taken apart and tossed.

She was a very pretty woman-I can see someone wanting to completely destroy that if they were driven by jealousy. Was the accelerant really poured down her throat?

This might be a more helpful way to think about it:

OBSERVATION: Jessica Chambers died as a result of thermal injuries sustained the evening of December 6th, when she was found by first responders next to her burning car. Her cell phone + its battery were later found at the scene, separate but intact (not burnt).

HYPOTHESIS: Based on the OBSERVATION, what is the HYPOTHESIS that uses the known facts to explain it? (Facts as reported by credible sources to provide context.)

Test it out...

OBSERVATION: Jessica Chambers died as a result of thermal injuries sustained the evening of December 6th, when she was found by first responders next to her burning car. Her cell phone + its battery were later found at the scene, separate but intact (not burnt).
HYPOTHESIS #1: She was handling something flammable in her car when it ignited, accidentally burning both her and her car severely.

HYPOTHESIS #2: She came to this location along Herron Road and willingly set herself on fire in or next to her car, as an act of suicide.

HYPOTHESIS #3: She was made to come to this location by someone else who deliberately hurt her and used an accelerant to ensure she would be burnt.

I like the way you wrote all of this because it shows that you are a logical thinker.

to all of it I say, Occam's razor. (I'm a huge fan of Occam's razor), especially when there is just the massive volume of information criss crossing back and forth like in this case.

Is she normally a person who kept her car sparkling clean? Or had something happened in it that needed to be cleaned up? Because it strikes me as somewhat odd she would be cleaning her car and not her bedroom. Neatniks usually do both.

I have been spending some time with the UCR this morning looking at statistics on murder by method, by sex of offender, by sex of victim, by weapon and by circumstances. Unfortunately I have no access to VICAP, so I cant really plug in the circumstances of the crime against Jessica and see if there are a common group of circumstances that would weight to a male or female offender.

It has been slow going, because I have no idea if this crime (for example) would be classified as murder by arson or murder by fire. In my mind, I can think of cases where there has been a female murderer (or more than one participating) where the death ended up with the victim being set on fire. This *feels* like a love triangle/jealousy type situation to me, which doesnt mean it is. I think the phone was an after thought-someone had taken it or had it on them when fleeing and it was taken apart and tossed.

She was a very pretty woman-I can see someone wanting to completely destroy that if they were driven by jealousy. Was the accelerant really poured down her throat?
bbm
To my knowledge that has not been confirmed.

Good point carbuff. Add to that that mom said she had been "on" her to clean her room. Neatnicks don't need to be hounded to clean their rooms.

"I reminded her to clean her room, because I'd been on her for a few days about it. She promised she would," Lisa Chambers said. "She was still wearing her pajama pants, so it's not like she was dressed to be out very long."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/10/woman-set-on-fire/20195725/

Also, most girls I know will run errands (gas station, grocery store, fast food) wearing their cozy PJ or lounge pants but do not go to parties or to hang in places boys are wearing that. They tend to get more presentable for such circumstances. This is why I tend disbelieve the saw her at a party and then "they" left business that comes from Auntie.

"Some people are saying she stopped by a party after that," said Chambers. "We think whoever called her over to them was asking her to go to that party, because where she was found and where the party was aren't very far apart."
Chambers said he does not believe his daughter had planned to attend a party that night, because she was "not dressed up" and she had told her mother she was going to a car wash.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/10/jessica-lane-chambers_n_6303576.html

Good point carbuff. Add to that that mom said she had been "on" her to clean her room. Neatnicks don't need to be hounded to clean their rooms.

"I reminded her to clean her room, because I'd been on her for a few days about it. She promised she would," Lisa Chambers said. "She was still wearing her pajama pants, so it's not like she was dressed to be out very long."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/10/woman-set-on-fire/20195725/

Also, most girls I know will run errands (gas station, grocery store, fast food) wearing their cozy PJ or lounge pants but do not go to parties or to hang in places boys are wearing that. They tend to get more presentable for such circumstances. This is why I tend disbelieve the saw her at a party and then "they" left business that comes from Auntie.

"Some people are saying she stopped by a party after that," said Chambers. "We think whoever called her over to them was asking her to go to that party, because where she was found and where the party was aren't very far apart." Chambers said he does not believe his daughter had planned to attend a party that night, because she was "not dressed up" and she had told her mother she was going to a car wash.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/10/jessica-lane-chambers_n_6303576.html

BBM. Wonder who Chambers means by "we."

To me, the cleaning the car thing and the grabbing the bite to eat thing were excuses given to mom to account for time she would be gone. I'm not convinced JC was ever really going to do those things. I think she was accounting for a block of time because she was meeting someone. I have nothing to prove that. Just my gut feeling and my opinion. She was 19. We aren't always honest with mom and dad. She was at a shelter, her father and other family have mentioned abusive relationships. I think if she was going to meet someone her mom wouldnt have approved of, she would have thrown out the car cleaning/bite to eat as a way to get out of the house for a small chunk of time. Obviously, JC had some issues that most 19 year olds don't have to deal with. The shelter is proof of that. Her father had a foot in the drug world in the past. Her brother was killed in a car accident and based upon what I've read, she adored her brother. JC also had some priors for assault herself. She expressed a desire to write a book about her life. Not a typical life at all. When you throw in all of the characters we have seen interviewed, it just makes this situation even more of a mess. IN my mind, I've only ruled out two people. Mom and dad. Everyone else is a suspect to me.

I like the way you wrote all of this because it shows that you are a logical thinker.

to all of it I say, Occam's razor. (I'm a huge fan of Occam's razor), especially when there is just the massive volume of information criss crossing back and forth like in this case.

Means, motive and opportunity. I think there are a number of individuals/groups that would have each MMO in this case, but there are some individual(s) that fall much closer in time/location to JC's death and this may be the simplest explanation. If there are no coincidences, solid alibis and bad-luck. And of course, it depends on what accelerant was used on JC. Jmo/

I've listened to the video of Auntie Shasha a couple times and it sounds like she says "when I left the party..." Did anyone else pick up on that or is it just me? My hearing is not the best anymore!

I keep coming back to Auntie. Auntie was one of the first to be interviewed. She had communicated with JC via phone. We know this because Auntie told us this in her on-camera interview. She was the one who mentioned seeing JC at a party. She also uses the phrase when "they left the party". If there WAS no party, Auntie lied about seeing JC there. If there WAS a party, Auntie saw who she left with. IMO, Auntie is a rather big piece to this puzzle. The ONLY person officially cleared was AA.

"Some people are saying she stopped by a party after that," said Chambers. "We think whoever called her over to them was asking her to go to that party, because where she was found and where the party was aren't very far apart."

Wait just a doggone minute! Sandy Rudd has already admitted being the one who called her over. So she's down with the party and Chambers believes it too. But Chambers also implies he knows where the party was. (See above)

I don't know if this has been discussed but, maybe there was a party. The party had an excess of drugs and maybe Jessica was partying and over did it. She's laying there and they're to scared to call the ambulance because they're playing trap house for the party. They believing she died and, certainly knew they could not leave her car there because certainly someone would call a missing persons report. So they drag her out to her car, recline her passenger seat (cant have a floppy body slamming in the window), and put her in the seat. Drive to that location disassemble her phone and toss it, and set the car on fire.

They thought she was a dead and , in a panick they were in cya mode not thinking clearly. I only bring this up because 7 years ago a few friends of mine ( I wasn't a good person then at all for a few years and had bad friends ) same thing happened. Instead of calling the ambulance or try and revive the poor man, they drug his body to where everyone dumped their trash. He was found the next day by another friend walking her dog. No they didnt catch him on fire, even though he would have died on the way to the hospital anyway they let him convolse and drown in a puddle of water.

Wait just a doggone minute! Aunty Sha Sha has already admitted being the one who called her over and made the "when they...err she left the party comment. So she's down with the party and Chambers believes it too. But Chambers also implies he knows where the party was. (See above)

It was CM aka SR who talked to JC at the gas station. I think.

I don't know if this has been discussed but, maybe there was a party. The party had an excess of drugs and maybe Jessica was partying and over did it. She's laying there and they're to scared to call the ambulance because they're playing trap house for the party. They believing she died and, certainly knew they could not leave her car there because certainly someone would call a missing persons report. So they drag her out to her car, recline her passenger seat (cant have a floppy body slamming in the window), and put her in the seat. Drive to that location disassemble her phone and toss it, and set the car on fire.

They thought she was a dead and , in a panick they were in cya mode not thinking clearly. I only bring this up because 7 years ago a few friends of mine ( I wasn't a good person then at all for a few years and had bad friends ) same thing happened. Instead of calling the ambulance or try and revive the poor man, they drug his body to where everyone dumped their trash. He was found the next day by another friend walking her dog. No they didnt catch him on fire, even though he would have died on the way to the hospital anyway they let him convolse and drown in a puddle of water.

That's what I initially hypothesized.... An almost OD gone bad with arson done to destroy the evidence. From what I've garnered, a person who has been "clean" for some time & then par takes in drugs (esp heroin) has a high rate of OD upon their first re-introduction of said drug. And it can freak out those around her that supplied her with said drug, iykwim?

All moo

I've been reviewing this on Auntie. I replayed video and I'm understanding her to say her contact info was in JC phone thus why LE contacts her and says :she had me in there as sha sha. I think we assumed communication between them that day but I cannot verify that now. Any thoughts on this?

Hello, been a member here for a few weeks & have been following everyday here & elsewhere on this horrific crime. All photos I have seen of Jessica's car it looked to me like it was burned so bad it was unrecognizable. I ran across this article this morning that states doctors told Ben Chambers that his daughter was unrecognizable. My question would be how did Cole Haley know when he came upon the scene who Jessica even was? I have seen nothing mentioned in the media that she told firefighters who she was.

https://wreg.com/2014/12/07/father-speaks-out-after-daughter-set-on-fire-and-killed

To me, the cleaning the car thing and the grabbing the bite to eat thing were excuses given to mom to account for time she would be gone. I'm not convinced JC was ever really going to do those things. I think she was accounting for a block of time because she was meeting someone. I have nothing to prove that. Just my gut feeling and my opinion. She was 19. We aren't always honest with mom and dad. She was at a shelter, her father and other family have mentioned abusive relationships. I think if she was going to meet someone her mom wouldnt have approved of, she would have thrown out the car cleaning/bite to eat as a way to get out of the house for a small chunk of time. Obviously, JC had some issues that most 19 year olds don't have to deal with. The shelter is proof of that. Her father had a foot in the drug world in the past. Her brother was killed in a car accident and based upon what I've read, she adored her brother. JC also had some priors for assault herself. She expressed a desire to write a book about her life. Not a typical life at all. When you throw in all of the characters we have seen interviewed, it just makes this situation even more of a mess. IN my mind, I've only ruled out two people. Mom and dad. Everyone else is a suspect to me.

I have considered this more than once and it may be true. My only hang up is why make an excuse to cover a block of time to meet someone in town such as going to batesville to clean car. But then why also go to gas station and purchase notably more gas than her norm. Because that s what seems to corroborate the planning to leave the immediate area thing for me whether to wash car or some other unknown reason she did apparently purchase more gas than s her normal practice per the clerk.

"She seemed normal," Ali Alsanai told CNN affiliate WREG. "She didn't seem like something was going wrong, you know? She just seemed normal. She just pumped some gas, we had a talk and she left."

He said Thursday that one thing struck him as odd: Chambers pumped $14 worth of gas. She was a regular in the store, popping in every day or two, and she rarely pumped more than $5 in gas, he said.

"I asked her about it, and she said she was going somewhere," he said. "She was quiet that day, real quiet." http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/

But then there is this?
Alsanai said nothing was out of the ordinary when he saw her.

"See that's why everybody's shocked, because she was normal that day," he said. "She just pumped the gas like she always do, she left, and two hours later we just heard what happened, you know, and we were shocked, because you would have never thought that would happen to her, and the way that it happened to her, because she didn't deserve that. Nobody deserves that." http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...th-threats-in-jessica-chambers-case/20472455/

So normal with unusual purchase and unusually quiet? Confusing.

what puzzle me is, in this article, Jessica s said to have spent a LOT of time at the Sonic in Batesville. So presumably Batesville is a regular place for Jessica to go frequently. So why was that night's gas purchase more noteable to the clerk as "more" than her usual purchase? And if she was just headed to Batesville wouldn't that trip simply take the "normal" gas purchase to get her there?

Fowler works at the Batesville Sonic Drive-In where Chambers was a frequent customer. She often would order one of those massive Route 44 drinks "that was almost as big as her," Fowler said.

"She was my Sonic baby. She was up there all the time, just all the time," Fowler said. "She always had that smile on her face, always looking in her mirror fixing those eyelashes." http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/10/woman-set-on-fire/20195725/

Hello, been a member here for a few weeks & have been following everyday here & elsewhere on this horrific crime. All photos I have seen of Jessica's car it looked to me like it was burned so bad it was unrecognizable. I ran across this article this morning that states doctors told Ben Chambers that his daughter was unrecognizable. My question would be how did Cole Haley know when he came upon the scene who Jessica even was? I have seen nothing mentioned in the media that she told firefighters who she was.

https://wreg.com/2014/12/07/father-speaks-out-after-daughter-set-on-fire-and-killed

That is why I hope a lot of the answers come from him which doesn't make him a suspect--it simply makes him the first person to see her alive at the crime scene.

Why isn't it clear who alerted him to the scene...was it a private call to his phone or was it a 911 call? Why don't we know this info? I don't need to know who or what was said ('cause MS law keeps that confidential) BUT why is it unclear as to how that call came into CH?

Additionally, I'd like it verified about the fire that was being attended to just prior as well. Is CH an elected or a volunteer chief?

Just trying to get a clear synopsis here...that's all. I've heard that where her car was found & the fire station are very, very close in proximity.

Moo

I saw something curious yesterday on a social media website, and I've been trying to confirm it.

A commenter asked a question about Ali Alsanai's statements regarding Jessica Chambers activity at the M&M on December 6, 2014.

I'm paraphrasing here now because that comment is no longer visible at the social media website. The commenter asked: "Does anyone see it odd that CCTV video does not show Jessica reentering M&M a second time in order to buy cigarettes as Ali Alsanai has stated?"

The commenter then supplied a link to a MSM video.

The question got me wondering because I have viewed many videos numerous times but never recalled seeing Chambers re-enter M&M.

Currently I have tried to find a MSM article written sometime between the period December 7 and December 10; the commenter above had referenced an exact quote. Thus far I have found only The Times-Picayune making that claim.

"[...] On her way out, Chambers got a call on her cellphone, Fadhel said. After she pumped gas, she re-entered the store, bought cigarettes, and drove away, headed south on Highway 51, he said."

According to the publication date and times ( December 10, 2014 at 7:14 PM, updated December 11, 2014 at 6:48 AM ) NOLA's article is a reprint of an AP story. Yet when I run a Google search, using the keywords: Ali, cigarettes, and "Jessica Chambers", for a specified timeframe (12/07/2014 to 12/10/2014 ) there are no other results.

Does anyone know of any MSM article during this timeframe that confirms that Jessica re-entered M&M after exiting from the counter?

I know i would over do it. I was a drug addict from age 15 when my mom let me live with my bf who eventually became my ex husband till March 17th 2011 (clean and sober for almost 4 years). My drug of choice was cocaine and ketamin, well anything really, and if I relapsed, I would od thinking my limits were still the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry