MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would also be interesting to know who was recently released, prior to the crime, I suppose.

and also who has been held for questioning since the crime. how to find these logs if they are public record?

What if ...

there was never supposed to be a murder.

someone burned Jessica's car to show her .....

the accelerant got on Jessica as the perp drenched the car.

when the fire was lit Jessica got too close. The fumes from her clothes caught on fire and Jessica was engulfed in flames.

the perp was too scared to help Jessica so they called 911 and took off.

I have not read anywhere that the 911 caller said she was walking down the road on fire. I saw on a news clip where Jessica's dad said this, but nothing about the 911 caller saying it. If you happen to find that verification, please post it. TIA

Didn't the volunteer firefighter say he thought he was "just responding to a car fire"??? From what I can recall he was NOT expecting to see a burnt person. That leads me to believe the caller either did not see Jessica or saw her and neglected to mention it.

What if ...

there was never supposed to be a murder.

someone burned Jessica's car to show her .....

the accelerant got on Jessica as the perp drenched the car.

when the fire was lit Jessica got too close. The fumes from her clothes caught on fire and Jessica was engulfed in flames.

the perp was too scared to help Jessica so they called 911 and took off.

Or just took off without calling 911.

One question I have that will help clear my muddled thoughts: do they have a time when they *think* the car fire started? Clearly sometime after 7:10 and before 8:12, but based on the knowledge of fires approximately how much time elapsed from Jessica catching fire until the 911 call was made? If it was a matter of minutes: what else did the passerby see? Another car? People on foot up the road?

Random though that just came to me: Is it possible that the person who did it didn't call 911 but called the fire chief directly? I wonder if this person is friends with/family of the fire chief?

Didn't the volunteer firefighter say he thought he was "just responding to a car fire"??? From what I can recall he was NOT expecting to see a burnt person. That leads me to believe the caller either did not see Jessica or saw her and neglected to mention it.

this is what I wonder. was she in a different car/truck. was another vehicle at the scene or there shortly after the 911 caller saw the car? is it possible her car was driven there, brake set, seats reclined and set on fire, 911 caller passes by, then 2nd vehicle with JC unconscious (or not) shows up and sets her on fire outside the car. then she is seen (by whom?/fire dept?) walking for a short time until she's on the ground when the fire dept gets there.

One question I have that will help clear my muddled thoughts: do they have a time when they *think* the car fire started? Clearly sometime after 7:10 and before 8:12, but based on the knowledge of fires approximately how much time elapsed from Jessica catching fire until the 911 call was made?

Random though that just came to me: Is it possible that the person who did it didn't call 911 but called the fire chief directly? I wonder if this person is friends with/family of the fire chief?

that's what they say - 911 wasn't actually called, it was the fire chief's cell phone. hence no recording.

The DA said the 911 caller was identified and cleared.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/index.html
>snipped<
Champion said investigators have talked to the person who called 911 and have cleared them from involvement in the crime. Investigators said they talked to Chambers' relatives and "there were no family issues," the prosecutor said.
:moo:

Cleared, but maybe that's because we are on some wild goose chase looking for an Eric, jerrick, smaric , derrick, barrack, Bo derick... Banana fana fo ferric... I am not getting warm fuzzy feelings that the police are actually competent at this point...

I have not read anywhere that the 911 caller said she was walking down the road on fire. I saw on a news clip where Jessica's dad said this, but nothing about the 911 caller saying it. If you happen to find that verification, please post it. TIA

Hi! I've tried. It was early on and I didn't bookmark it. It stuck with me because it made sense. I posted it here at WS but now I can't find the post. Now I am wondering if it was removed because the source wasn't one approved on WS. I am sure it wasn't a blog, and there wasn't anything odd to me about the article. I thought it was MSM, but I could have been wrong.

The DA said the 911 caller was identified and cleared.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/index.html
>snipped<
Champion said investigators have talked to the person who called 911 and have cleared them from involvement in the crime. Investigators said they talked to Chambers' relatives and "there were no family issues," the prosecutor said.
:moo:

In a subsequent article Champion said: the only person officially cleared is the clerk who works there [the service station].

http://m.msnewsnow.com/msnewsnow/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:eEib89wI

Hi! I've tried. It was early on and I didn't bookmark it. It stuck with me because it made sense. I posted it here at WS but now I can't find the post. Now I am wondering if it was removed because the source wasn't one approved on WS. I am sure it wasn't a blog, and there wasn't anything odd to me about the article. I thought it was MSM, but I could have been wrong.

and what's the story with the report that 911 wasn't called - the chief's cell phone was called bc they all know his number?

Did the fire chief respond, or did he send someone? I can't remember--my brain is fried from teaching algebra all day to middle schoolers.

Teach them the shortcuts---lol!

Anyway....back to our volunteer fire chief, CH. I believe he said he responded to what he thought would be a car on fire. I believe there were other first responders there as well. He had very recently been to a fire happening somewhere else just prior. (Such a small town; 2 fires in one night?).

What hasn't been made clear to me is who would call volunteer fire chief directly---cause I've seen MSM links stating such. It wasn't a 911 call---it was a private call to CH. Why that?

Some things don't seem clear.

Moo

I am not getting a good perspective of the area based on the maps. Could AA have seen a fire from the station? Car fires are pretty obvious. They look like an oversized gas flame.

I also have no idea what the 911 caller said (LOL about the algebra...sorry).
But many sources including JC's dad said she was walking on fire. Example:
http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/jessica_chambers_death_dad_fru.html
~ By Associated Press on December 25, 2014 at 11:00 PM, updated December 26, 2014 at 12:57 AM~ Notice the fairly late date of this article~
Jessica Chambers, who was doused with a flammable liquid and set on fire, was found walking from her blazing car on Dec. 6 shortly before she died. She had been burned over 98 percent of her body.
:thinking:

Cleared, but maybe that's because we are on some wild goose chase looking for an Eric, jerrick, smaric , derrick, barrack, Bo derick... Banana fana fo ferric... I am not getting warm fuzzy feelings that the police are actually competent at this point...

I just noticed this from that article:
"Champion said Wednesday that when firefighters arrived at the scene, Chambers approached one of them and spoke. Champion didn't divulge the teen's words but said, "It has certainly given us a lead we're following up on.""

So, per CNN, she was walking and talking when fire dept arrived.
she must not have been on fire for long at all to be walking towards fire fighters and talking.

I just noticed this from that article:
"Champion said Wednesday that when firefighters arrived at the scene, Chambers approached one of them and spoke. Champion didn't divulge the teen's words but said, "It has certainly given us a lead we're following up on.""

So, per CNN, she was walking and talking when fire dept arrived.
she must not have been on fire for long at all to be walking towards fire fighters and talking.

If that's the case, wow... Just wow. If she was walking and talking, you would *think* she would be able to say which direction the perp went in and why it happened. You would think the responders would ask more than "who did this?."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jboo1119