MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh.

It wasn't a battered women's shelter and I keep reading this misinformation as it's taken on a life of it's own. According to their website, Leah's House place to get yourself together. "...Our ministry helps women ages 18 and over who have been incarcerated, deal with addictions, behavioral problems, self-harm, depression, and others. It is our goal to provide a comprehensive, Biblical..." Nothing to do with being a victim of abuse, but that would certainly be addressed in counseling.

Counseling, coping skills, living a clean life with spirituality -in this place, God- not a battered women's shelter. It looks like it may have been a stipulation of her most recent arrest that included battery. There are degrees of battery (maybe not to the law, but it's important to note) and it may have been something mutual such as a girl fight. *I hate using that phrase, but it's to differentiate from domestic abuse* or even slapping a drink or cell phone out of someone's hand as opposed to an all-out beating someone with an object kind of fight.

Along the lines of a sober-living house.

We can only go by what msm has quoted her dad as saying. He doesn't give the name of the shelter.

Chambers' father, Ben Chambers, said his daughter left a battered women's shelter a few months before she was killed. "She was getting on the right track. She had learned her lessons from being in bad relationships," he told NBC News Saturday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jessica-chambers-teen-burned-death-mourned-funeral-n267811

Do we have an acceptable link for Leah's House being the place JC went according to her dad or to anyone, like in MSM?
TIA cause I've only read about that@other places and I'd really love confirmation on that.

Nope. I do know there is a shelter in Batesville. They may have helped her get the job at Goody's which also is in Batesville.

Mister and Tudor both are quoted as saying something about a "love affair". Mister also states that he was sampled for DNA.

One might assume that LE has reason to believe that someone left tell-tale DNA.

Suppose Jessica Chambers was pregnant; perhaps only 6-8 weeks. Even though her body was 95% torched the DNA of the fetus would have survived the fire.

The ER most certainly would have given her a blood test to see if she was pregnant, imo

Right.....& I've read many conflicting articles---was she walking while enflamed, laying near her car on the ground---what?? Why can't that be clear?
And another thing that I found odd was that in two videos I watched where the volunteer fire chief was interviewed, he said exactly the same words "I hated for it to happen" in reference to JC's family. I understand not wanting to give evidentiary-leaking statements but to repeat the exact words regarding the family twice (two separate interviews) is weird to me.

I'm not implying anything other than something seems off about this case.

Hinky-meter alerts are all too frequent for my liking.

Moo
I agree! There are so many conflicting articles, I don't believe any of them anymore. I have a feeling that many of these articles are based on what the reporter "heard". It also sounds like the people interviewed are also basing their statements on what they "heard". Very little seems to be fact. It's all so frustrating.

At this point, I'm relying on my gut. My gut tells me that Jessica was not walking around unless CFD got there almost as soon as it happened. She was badly burned. So badly burned that she died within a few hours. I don't think she was capable of doing anything at all.

As far as the 911 call is concerned, who knows! It conceivable that the passerby called someone in the fire department personally. In fact, I'm betting that's what happened. The town is small. Do they even have a local 911 or would a call go through Batesville? If the call goes through Batesville, it would be more expedient to call someone personally if you know who to call.

Right.....& I've read many conflicting articles---was she walking while enflamed, laying near her car on the ground---what?? Why can't that be clear?
And another thing that I found odd was that in two videos I watched where the volunteer fire chief was interviewed, he said exactly the same words "I hated for it to happen" in reference to JC's family. I understand not wanting to give evidentiary-leaking statements but to repeat the exact words regarding the family twice (two separate interviews) is weird to me.

Moo

It sounds as though the fire chief may be sticking to the two or three "talking points" given to him by the lead LE agency which is the MBI. They no doubt have a Public Information Officer crafting their responses to ensure all are saying the same thing in response to media questions.

Moo

That is defintely a southern expression that I have heard many times, even said many times. It basically means "I feel really bad for them"

I used to think that it was very strange that we didn't have more information about POIs and who said what but now that I think of it, it makes me think that someone did give the investigators useful information but they need proof before they can make an arrest. They aren't releasing the information yet because they want to protect the ''witness'' (singular or plural, who knows?), and also because they don't want the perp(s) to run away in the meantime. This is just speculation though.

Also, about MSM reporting that she was walking, lying on the ground, on fire, not on fire, etc. well like someone else just mentioned it today the reporters just wrote their pieces from hearsay. It's very common for MSM to publish articles without double checking their facts.

I'd like to know if any of you have read or seen anything which figured Jessica's friends from high school or work? We did hear Auntie Sha Sha but... she must have had other friends, right? I mean, a 19 year old girl who only has one friend? Sorry, but I have trouble believing that.

I wasn't clear in my original post because of being rushed for time, sorry. What I would like to know, is if there were any people listed as "in custody", "hold", etc. when this happened, who in all actuality, were verifiable, as free on the streets, when this occurred. In other words, was there an individual who was supposed to be in custody that truly wasn't on this evening?

I see. Thank you for explaining. That would be interesting to know. Couldn't hurt knowing.

That is defintely a southern expression that I have heard many times, even said many times. It basically means "I feel really bad for them"

Thank you for sharing this. :) I live in Canada and had never heard it before. I thought it sounded odd.

I used to think that it was very strange that we didn't have more information about POIs and who said what but now that I think of it, it makes me think that someone did give the investigators useful information but they need proof before they can make an arrest. They aren't releasing the information yet because they want to protect the ''witness'' (singular or plural, who knows?), and also because they don't want the perp(s) to run away in the meantime. This is just speculation though.

Also, about MSM reporting that she was walking, lying on the ground, on fire, not on fire, etc. well like someone else just mentioned it today the reporters just wrote their pieces from hearsay. It's very common for MSM to publish articles without double checking their facts.

I'd like to know if any of you have read or seen anything which figured Jessica's friends from high school or work? We did hear Auntie Sha Sha but... she must have had other friends, right? I mean, a 19 year old girl who only has one friend? Sorry, but I have trouble believing that.

Her friends and community seem to have shown up for the vigil, the service, on her page and otherwise, it seems to me. Some of them have commented on MSM, her coworkers, but I imagine people close to her and her family with the best interest of justice for her at heart will remain discrete until that is achieved. I don't notice anything out of sorts on that score. I sincerely hope that your speculation is right and LE has more to go on.

Thanks FindHG. I didn't read/watched everything that was published by MSM. I think I spent too much (?) time on social media, trying to get hints from there. :shame:

Can someone remind me of the name of the fella that was killed who lived near Ben Chambers? It is still an unsolved case. Seems like it was a Williams?

and also who has been held for questioning since the crime. how to find these logs if they are public record?

Mr Mister and gal wearing a red hoodie were interviewed by LE and also spoke with news media.

^^^^^ Here's the media interview.

Do we have an acceptable link for Leah's House being the place JC went according to her dad or to anyone, like in MSM?
TIA cause I've only read about that@other places and I'd really love confirmation on that.

The only information (picture) I have seen that would suggest she was at Leah's House and attended graduation is on their FB page.

Just a few thoughts on this tragedy.

Why would someone be walking around with lighter fluid?
It certainly is not a common practice. I wonder if LE checked local retail establishments to see if any had purchased it that evening.
Usually, cars are burnt to destroy evidence. If sexual assault was the original crime, then the offender would have good reason to destroy the vehicle since his prints and DNA would probably be all over the interior. If she was sexually assaulted, vaginal swabs could still contain viable DNA if her burns were superficial in that area of her body.
Hopefully LE did a rape kit on her.

Pouring lf down her throat and into her nostrils seems to be an afterthought brought on by rage and not a planned method of murder.
If sexual assault did occur and she became indignant and threatened to go to the police, the offender saw this as a way to effect her death without actually having to kill her. The blow on the head served to incapacitate her enough to administer the accelerant..

If a struggle ensued, chances are good that she may have some of the offender's DNA under her nails from trying to defend herself.
The burn pattern on the car looks as though gasoline was used as an accelerant rather than lighter fluid.

Social media claims that Jessica was trying to end a relationship with an abusive Black boyfriend.
Local Law Enforcement, from what I have read so far is totally inept, which is common in areas that do not have a lot of crimes of this nature.

I am getting skeptical about the lighter fluid down the throat and nose...
She was alleged to have talked to first responders when they arrived on the scene.
I find that hard to believe if her throat/nose area had extensive burns, but I will reserve judgment on this claim until I learn further.

Just a few thoughts on this tragedy.

Why would someone be walking around with lighter fluid?
It certainly is not a common practice. I wonder if LE checked local retail establishments to see if any had purchased it that evening.
Usually, cars are burnt to destroy evidence. If sexual assault was the original crime, then the offender would have good reason to destroy the vehicle since his prints and DNA would probably be all over the interior. If she was sexually assaulted, vaginal swabs could still contain viable DNA if her burns were superficial in that area of her body.
Hopefully LE did a rape kit on her.

Pouring lf down her throat and into her nostrils seems to be an afterthought brought on by rage and not a planned method of murder.
If sexual assault did occur and she became indignant and threatened to go to the police, the offender saw this as a way to effect her death without actually having to kill her. The blow on the head served to incapacitate her enough to administer the accelerant..

If a struggle ensued, chances are good that she may have some of the offender's DNA under her nails from trying to defend herself.
The burn pattern on the car looks as though gasoline was used as an accelerant rather than lighter fluid.

Social media claims that Jessica was trying to end a relationship with an abusive Black boyfriend.
Local Law Enforcement, from what I have read so far is totally inept, which is common in areas that do not have a lot of crimes of this nature.

I am getting skeptical about the lighter fluid down the throat and nose...
She was alleged to have talked to first responders when they arrived on the scene.
I find that hard to believe if her throat/nose area had extensive burns, but I will reserve judgment on this claim until I learn further.

BBM

You're right; no one would carry it around unless there was a plan to use it. That goes for any accelerant.

The lab results will determine exactly what accelerant was used and should be able to lead LE to the source, as every accelerant has a footprint. I imagine that these tests take some time, especially when they get to identifying the source.

It is so hard to be patient. I want to know now! And I will be incredibly disappointed if these tests are not being run, especially since ATF has been involved.

The more research I do on this case....the more I see discrepancies, questionable police practices, and overall ineptness in the investigation.

For example...How do police explain the damage to the rear of Jessica's car?

jesscar.JPG

Clearly, her car was rear-ended (possibly causing the gash on her head.) and maybe rendering her unconscious???

Lighter Fluid is sometimes used in the production of crack cocaine...why was it poured into her throat?
Maybe to destroy DNA evidence that may have been there..like from oral sex?

5 days after the event, a member of the Sheriff's office returns to the scene and immediately finds her cell phone with the battery removed lying on the ground.

It looks more like the intent was to kill her.

The area where the car was found received a large amount of rain for the prior two days before the incident..this photo clearly shows more than one vehicle's tire tracks.

jess2.JPG

There is much more, but this is enough for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734