MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica's father said that the investigators are keeping him away from the evidence, the room they work on this case in etc. Which is protocol. I'm sure it's frustrating to him. I did find it understandable yet inappropriate when he said that when the perp/s is/are caught he knows a lot of people that can make their life miserable on the inside. Understandable statement but not IMO what LE would have wanted him to say openly to MSM.
:moo:

I've been looking on the Justice for Jessica FB page on the hunt for the Leah's House reference. No luck so far. Just too many comments to scour. IMO, use your best judgment on where JC went for shelter. Its definitely not in MSM,but I went with what AJ, her sister wrote because I felt it was the most credible source of information at the time.

Are these personal appearance changes occurring to individuals mentioned in MSM as being known to have been questioned, etc.? If so, can those images be posted here, or information given to guide people to view these images? I would be highly suspect of anyone taking such efforts, especially if they are known to have been in police custody stemming from attempts to extract information from said POI' s.

It is likely they have been questioned as LE says they have questioned over 100 people. LE has mentioned them in other articles, but unless we can find the police log, we can't know if they've been questioned for sure.

Do we have an acceptable link for Leah's House being the place JC went according to her dad or to anyone, like in MSM?
TIA cause I've only read about that@other places and I'd really love confirmation on that.

:thinking:

I'm not sure if this counts or helps (and it's not where I'd first seen the info and pictures), but here is a link on MSN bottom row.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/topicpage?q=Jessica Chambers

ADMIN NOTE: Only MSM released photos are allowed, and they MUST be accompanied by a link.

Thanks.

:thinking:

I'm not sure if this counts or helps (and it's not where I'd first seen the info and pictures), but here is a link on MSN bottom row.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/topicpage?q=Jessica Chambers

That was interesting. It really looks like Jessica had a wonderful place to go for support, looks like she was turning her life around. Scary for me to think how many 19 year old's out there that have been in several abusive relationships and need to turn their lives around.

ADMIN NOTE: Only MSM released photos are allowed, and they MUST be accompanied by a link.

Thanks.

Bessie, I just made a Google Street View image of M&M from the intersection of Hwy US 51 and Carlisle Road. Does your remark, mean that I can not post it with comment? Would Google Street View be considered "mainstream media"? Such an image speaks for itself... Or is it unacceptable due to the fact that it could be photoshopped? (p.s. I cropped it, and circled the address as a reference point.)

Bessie, I just made a Google Street View image of M&M from the intersection of Hwy US 51 and Carlisle Road. Does your remark, mean that I can not post it with comment? Would Google Street View be considered "mainstream media"? Such an image speaks for itself... Or is it unacceptable due to the fact that it could be photoshopped? (p.s. I cropped it, and circled the address as a reference point.)
Google map images are fine if you include a link to the map. We also can post images from reference materials, scholarly journals, and LE sites if we include a link. (Practically anything that ends in "edu" or "gov" is acceptable.) What we can't post are images from most blogs and other social media, i.e., FB, Twitter, unless the profile belongs to MSM or LE.

No way could it be seen from the gas station, imo. Too many trees, distance and it was dark.

Too many trees and distance I can believe. But a fire shows up even better in the dark. Like driving at night when there's a car fire beside the road, you can tell it's coming from miles away, even if you can't quite see exactly where it's at.

what the chief said must be a local way of speaking. I found it odd when Sha Sha said "then it happened". using the word "it" implies knowledge and familiarity of a subject. such a shocking thing should not be spoken of in such a familiar way. If it were me, I would say specifically what happened bc of the shock of it. for instance, "i left the party and then she was set on fire, or, and then, well, something terrible happened to her". but to say, then "it " happened" or " I hated for it to happen" seems too familiar with what happened and "for it to happen" also implies a certain acceptance or inevitability of it. I would say "I hate that that happened to their child/to her". it must be a local way of speaking.

I somewhat disagree with this statement - granted, I am not a local to Panola County, but I have always had family in the South (Georgia) and have been living in Louisiana for the last six years. It's not that something like that that wouldn't be said here, but I don't see it as a distinctly Southern thing.

If anything, those statements stand out to me in this context as a form of distancing language - the passive voice. It's a way of talking about a situation that avoids direct mention of the victim, anyone else possibly involved, and the nature of the action itself.

It rained the day of my pool party? I hated for it to happen. Jessica died by being burned alive, possibly murdered? I hated for it to happen.

:notgood: Not in the same league.

Her family put great pictures of her growing up and as the young adult she was. I feel rage that there are those out there who think they have the right to take a life. Nothing but rage, anger and frustration because if she were my daughter, I would just want to know someone was going to be held accountable.

I somewhat disagree with this statement - granted, I am not a local to Panola County, but I have always had family in the South (Georgia) and have been living in Louisiana for the last six years. It's not that something like that that wouldn't be said here, but I don't see it as a distinctly Southern thing.

If anything, those statements stand out to me in this context as a form of distancing language - the passive voice. It's a way of talking about a situation that avoids direct mention of the victim, anyone else possibly involved, and the nature of the action itself.

It rained the day of my pool party? I hated for it to happen. Jessica died by being burned alive, possibly murdered? I hated for it to happen.

:notgood: Not in the same league.
BBM

I agree to a point, but saw it happening for a different reason. I thought it was more a way of distancing themselves, not because of guilt or knowledge of the incident, but because they found it to be too horrid to actually say. Many (maybe most) people tend to use euphemisms when speaking of the death of someone close to them,, or when expressing condolences to someone who has "lost" someone close. We don't say, "I'm sorry your mother died.", we say something like, "I'm sorry for your loss." We also tend to say things like, "George passed away last week.", "I lost my brother 3 years ago.", "My daughter lost her battle with <whatever illness>.", or even "My dog crossed the rainbow bridge." I think a lot of people feel like died, dead, murdered, etc. are just too harsh to use when speaking about someone they love/loved.

I didn't see anything suspicious about either phrase because I know many people who would never be able to say about a friend ... "And then she was attacked and lit on fire." or even, "And then she was murdered." His comment I understood to mean more like, "I hate that it happened." which I think most of us feel. MOO

This should be a good indication as to the direction this case will be going.

Jessica’s father, Ben Chambers, said his daughter left a battered women’s shelter a few months before she was killed. “She was getting on the right track. She had learned her lessons from being in bad relationships,” he told NBC News Saturday.

Adding the link for the above quote. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jessica-chambers-teen-burned-death-mourned-funeral-n267811

Too many trees and distance I can believe. But a fire shows up even better in the dark. Like driving at night when there's a car fire beside the road, you can tell it's coming from miles away, even if you can't quite see exactly where it's at.

I suppose that is true if the road is flat, not hilly. Kinda hard to see what is on the other side of a hill. Jessica's car was off the road, turned into a driveway more than a mile south and west of the gas station.

The area of the car fire had dense trees and brush.

I suppose that is true if the road is flat, not hilly. Kinda hard to see what is on the other side of a hill. Jessica's car was off the road, turned into a driveway more than a mile south and west of the gas station.

The area of the car fire had dense trees and brush.

Yes, that's true, if there's a hill between the observer and the fire, all you might see is a glow, or nothing.

If there's that much trees and brush aroudn it, I'm surprised nothing else caught on fire.

Attached are two, Google Street View, images of the M&M gas mart. The first is taken from the intersection of Carlisle Road and Hwy US 51, looking north.

If you zoom in, until you can no longer use the google zoom, you will get a clearer picture of the locale.

15n3tbn.png

reference link

The second image is taken from a position slightly north of the first image in order for you to zoom in even closer than the first.

bhk5zo.png

What you will notice in these two images is that Jessica Chambers ( who lived farther north on Carlisle Road) may have driven down Carlisle at 6:24:xx pm Dec 6, to the left hand dirt road, near the puddles, and then proceeded to make a circular drive around the outside pumps in order to position her Kia at 06:24:39 on the inside pumps. Had she done this, she would have been facing SE (as depicted in the CCTV videos).

At 06:32:xx pm, Jessica then leaves M&M driving into the darkness, headed SE.

However judging from these two Google Street Views, it is clear to me that there is no conclusive evidence available to suggest that Jessica then either

• continued out, onto US 51, heading north or south, or
  • retraced her exit from the pumps and returned again up Carlisle Road, heading north.

Simply put, we just don't know what direction she took, or where.

The fact that the next 90-minutes remain unaccounted for, plus her purchase of $14, and her statement that she was head "somewhere" means to me that we should take into consideration any area within a radius of a maximum 70 miles or a minimum 25 miles (1/2 of estimated $14 gas purchase + Kia mpg equals maximum mileage reduced for a roundtrip return).

With respect to the maximum mileage divided by 1/2-time (45-minutes of 90-), I believe we have an unacceptable speed (93.33mph) and this would have left her with no time at her destination before she immediately needed to return in order to arrive at Herron Rd. 90-minutes after she screamed away from the pumps. Thus it would be my argument that the maximum distance is absurd.

Even a more conservation 45mph speed multiplied by 0.75 (3/4 of an hour) leaves us with 33.75 miles covered; yet no time for being there.

Consequently I would suggest that we should concentrate on a radius of 25 miles from M&M. This would leave us within a small area as well as a short period of time in order to drive outbound and then to return inbound to Herron Road.

Batesville is easily within this radius. Both Clarksdale and Grenada are not. Enid Lake (Yalobusha Co.) and Leah's House (in Oakland) are, but Memphis TN is not.

From my perspective, fwiw, accelerant down the throat seems like destruction of evidence and/or serious rage. What strikes me as being feminine about the crime is the total destruction of her and what was attractive about her, kwim? Obliterating it. I think whoever did it expected her to die, not get out of her car a'la horror movie if that makes any sense. I do think they might have seen her get out of the vehicle.

This poor young woman. I just hope her suffering was minimal because her injuries were so complete. :(

Is there any reason to believe that she was in the trunk of the car and got out? Or is it fairly certain she was in the front seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734