MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I agree to a point, but saw it happening for a different reason. I thought it was more a way of distancing themselves, not because of guilt or knowledge of the incident, but because they found it to be too horrid to actually say. Many (maybe most) people tend to use euphemisms when speaking of the death of someone close to them,, or when expressing condolences to someone who has "lost" someone close. We don't say, "I'm sorry your mother died.", we say something like, "I'm sorry for your loss." We also tend to say things like, "George passed away last week.", "I lost my brother 3 years ago.", "My daughter lost her battle with <whatever illness>.", or even "My dog crossed the rainbow bridge." I think a lot of people feel like died, dead, murdered, etc. are just too harsh to use when speaking about someone they love/loved.

I didn't see anything suspicious about either phrase because I know many people who would never be able to say about a friend ... "And then she was attacked and lit on fire." or even, "And then she was murdered." His comment I understood to mean more like, "I hate that it happened." which I think most of us feel. MOO

Oh, I don't disagree on this at all! Thank you so much for pointing this out, though. I didn't mean to hint that it was necessarily suspicious - saying "happen." I guess the lack of I/she/we/you in the statements - I just found it sort of vague and kind of cowardly. More on Sha-sha's part. "That's when it happened."

But you are totally right. I absolutely hate that it happened, too. In fact, I think we all do.

Oh, I don't disagree on this at all! Thank you so much for pointing this out, though. I didn't mean to hint that it was necessarily suspicious - saying "happen." I guess the lack of I/she/we/you in the statements - I just found it sort of vague and kind of cowardly. More on Sha-sha's part. "That's when it happened."

But you are totally right. I absolutely hate that it happened, too. In fact, I think we all do.

I'm definitely getting a kick out of seeing yall analyze and disect our southern dialect. I am from Virginia, been here all my life with the exception of one year that I lived in Concord, NC, and I've always had a country, southern accent and way of talkin'...just how I was raised and brought up. I've even had people to swear from my accent that I'm from Georgia. I understood exactly what the fire chief said and what he meant. You have to understand that being from the south, talkin' country, is totally different than it is in other areas. If yall were confused by what the fire chief said, then I'm sure I would totally blow your mind if I told yall about "blinky milk, millers flyin' around in the hise, and them dang drunkards landin' in your coffee"! Wheeeee-doggies!

I'm definitely getting a kick out of seeing yall analyze and disect our southern dialect. I am from Virginia, been here all my life with the exception of one year that I lived in Concord, NC, and I've always had a country, southern accent and way of talkin'...just how I was raised and brought up. I've even had people to swear from my accent that I'm from Georgia. I understood exactly what the fire chief said and what he meant. You have to understand that being from the south, talkin' country, is totally different than it is in other areas. If yall were confused by what the fire chief said, then I'm sure I would totally blow your mind if I told yall about "blinky milk, millers flyin' around in the hise, and them dang drunkards landin' in your coffee"! Wheeeee-doggies!

Wasn't really a matter of understanding the statements dialectically in this case - and throughout the South, there are very different subcultures + dialects - an old Cajun man in Lafayette, a university freshman in Tuscaloosa, and a middle-aged woman on the coast of South Carolina will also use different terms + sound a bit different. It was more a matter of why those words were used in this context.

That said - I really enjoy all the different accents + local slang throughout the English-speaking world... one thing I hope greater communication doesn't dilute over the long term, and something fun the Internet exposes people to even if you never physically travel far! :)

Zool, it has nothing to do with your images being unacceptable. Apparently there was a glitch when you tried to attach the files. Please try again, or send them to me and I will insert them in your post.

Thank you for your help and assistance, Bessie. I uploaded the two images via Tinypic, and they are now visible!

Maybe they will prove useful to someone.

I'd like to add as an addition to the above post: If a user accesses the "reference link", and then begins clicking along the Street View image of Carlisle Road (mouse-click the center of the road), he will eventually find Jessica's mailbox located along the left hand side of Carlisle. Her house is directly across from the mailbox. If a user proceeds as far as Sanford Road (a road sign located on the right side of Carlisle, appx. 150-feet north of Jessica's mailbox), he has gone too far. Really crafty, nosey users can stop along Carlisle and carefully examine the mailboxes and other landmarks. Take note of the fact that Google's "addresses" do NOT correspond to the mailbox addresses ALL THE TIME.

Simply put, we just don't know what direction she took, or where.

The fact that the next 90-minutes remain unaccounted for, plus her purchase of $14, and her statement that she was head "somewhere" means to me that we should take into consideration any area within a radius of a maximum 70 miles or a minimum 25 miles (1/2 of estimated $14 gas purchase + Kia mpg equals maximum mileage reduced for a roundtrip return).

With respect to the maximum mileage divided by 1/2-time (45-minutes of 90-), I believe we have an unacceptable speed (93.33mph) and this would have left her with no time at her destination before she immediately needed to return in order to arrive at Herron Rd. 90-minutes after she screamed away from the pumps. Thus it would be my argument that the maximum distance is absurd.

Even a more conservation 45mph speed multiplied by 0.75 (3/4 of an hour) leaves us with 33.75 miles covered; yet no time for being there.

Consequently I would suggest that we should concentrate on a radius of 25 miles from M&M. This would leave us within a small area as well as a short period of time in order to drive outbound and then to return inbound to Herron Road.

Batesville is easily within this radius. Both Clarksdale and Grenada are not. Enid Lake (Yalobusha Co.) and Leah's House (in Oakland) are, but Memphis TN is not.

I love this analysis because there are so many questions we have in this case, and this seeks to answer one where we DO have some known specifics by applying common sense as well as what is physically possible for the known facts: Jessica was at the M&M gas station at approximately 6:30pm, she bought a certain quantity of gas, and was found by firefighters along Herron Road at about 8:15pm.

I would go further to suggest concentrating on a much smaller radius from M&M than 25 miles - even if Jessica had originally intended to go somewhere a bit further away than Courtland or Batesville that night, it appears she didn't head there directly.

I don't want to be entirely arbitrary to pin a specific mileage on a closer radius, but I would venture a guess that Jessica was NOT driving for the majority of those 90ish minutes.

I know this is off topic but I'd like to send thoughts & prayers to all the victims, their families & friends in Paris. What a horrific, unimaginable and fiendish act. I hope they capture those responsible! What in the world is going on?

My issue wasn't the slang terminology or southern accent that the volunteer Fire Chief used: my issue was that he repeated phrases verbatim in two separate interviews. Which implies he may have been coached. He gives us little direct details about the case but has no problems adding that "emotional aspect" about how he feels about this regarding her family. My issue was with the Chief's "content", not his "style".

He is an important part in this case 'cause he was the first to respond after the heinous crime.

Moo

I love this analysis because there are so many questions we have in this case, and this seeks to answer one where we DO have some known specifics by applying common sense as well as what is physically possible for the known facts: Jessica was at the M&M gas station at approximately 6:30pm, she bought a certain quantity of gas, and was found by firefighters along Herron Road at about 8:15pm.

I would go further to suggest concentrating on a much smaller radius from M&M than 25 miles - even if Jessica had originally intended to go somewhere a bit further away than Courtland or Batesville that night, it appears she didn't head there directly.

I don't want to be entirely arbitrary to pin a specific mileage on a closer radius, but I would venture a guess that Jessica was NOT driving for the majority of those 90ish minutes.

One of the reasons I bothered with this analysis was in answer to a question regarding Lynnsey Fowler's statement about fishing Enid Lake, and then her interview with Clay Chandler on Sunday afternoon, Dec 7.

I am not yet entirely certain if dusk on Dec. 7 was 5pm CT. However if it was, and if Fowler left Courtland area around 3:30-4:30pm she had ample time to fish Enid Lake from dusk until about an hour later (appx. 6:30pm). This then would have her leaving Enid around 6-6:30 and eventually driving north on Herron Road sometime 7-8pm, Saturday night. Her interview with Chandler becomes extraordinarily interesting.

Avid crappie fishermen claim that the best crappie fishing is done an hour before dusk to an hour after dusk. "[...] By day, crappie tend to be less active and to concentrate around weed beds or submerged objects, such as logs and boulders; they feed especially at dawn and dusk, moving then into open water or approaching the shore." ( Wikipedia,, citation supporting Wikipedia article)

I posted this or a variation of it on a previous thread but it was virtually ignored. Maybe it will be useful now.

http://www.mdwfp.com/applications/fishing reports/FishingReportsInfo.aspx?id=10

Enid Lake - 12/1/2014

Winter fishing report. Weekly updates will resume in February.

Winter fishing usually means limited ramp access. Expect rapid water level rises and drawdowns as rain events happen and the Corps tries to achieve and maintain winter pool (230 ft) from December 1 until mid-January, then it should rise to 235 ft by March 1. High winter releases should mean good fishing in the spillway. For water level information, call (662)563-4571 or check at http://155.76.244.230/offices/ed/edh/docs/bullet.txt for a table or http://155.76.244.230/offices/ed/edh/plots/enidplot.png for a graph.

Winter fishing can be good since the fish often school tightly. Fish bite better after a few warm, sunny days. Unlike summer, best bet is to fish midday on sunny banks.

tipping my cap to you, Zool for the wonderful info and analysis. Great job! Now, if you could only just solve this case for us, we would be most grateful :)

I don't think the Fire Chief's use of words is unusual. I don't think there is anything suspicious about the crappie fishing lady. I find one person to be increasingly raising my hinky meter, but it would be just plain wrong for me to elaborate. I hope there will be Justice for Jessica, but I feel pessimistic.

Attached are two, Google Street View, images of the M&M gas mart. The first is taken from the intersection of Carlisle Road and Hwy US 51, looking north.

If you zoom in, until you can no longer use the google zoom, you will get a clearer picture of the locale.

15n3tbn.png

reference link

The second image is taken from a position slightly north of the first image in order for you to zoom in even closer than the first.

bhk5zo.png

What you will notice in these two images is that Jessica Chambers ( who lived farther north on Carlisle Road) may have driven down Carlisle at 6:24:xx pm Dec 6, to the left hand dirt road, near the puddles, and then proceeded to make a circular drive around the outside pumps in order to position her Kia at 06:24:39 on the inside pumps. Had she done this, she would have been facing SE (as depicted in the CCTV videos).

At 06:32:xx pm, Jessica then leaves M&M driving into the darkness, headed SE.

However judging from these two Google Street Views, it is clear to me that there is no conclusive evidence available to suggest that Jessica then either

• continued out, onto US 51, heading north or south, or
  • retraced her exit from the pumps and returned again up Carlisle Road, heading north.

Simply put, we just don't know what direction she took, or where.

The fact that the next 90-minutes remain unaccounted for, plus her purchase of $14, and her statement that she was head "somewhere" means to me that we should take into consideration any area within a radius of a maximum 70 miles or a minimum 25 miles (1/2 of estimated $14 gas purchase + Kia mpg equals maximum mileage reduced for a roundtrip return).

With respect to the maximum mileage divided by 1/2-time (45-minutes of 90-), I believe we have an unacceptable speed (93.33mph) and this would have left her with no time at her destination before she immediately needed to return in order to arrive at Herron Rd. 90-minutes after she screamed away from the pumps. Thus it would be my argument that the maximum distance is absurd.

Even a more conservation 45mph speed multiplied by 0.75 (3/4 of an hour) leaves us with 33.75 miles covered; yet no time for being there.

Consequently I would suggest that we should concentrate on a radius of 25 miles from M&M. This would leave us within a small area as well as a short period of time in order to drive outbound and then to return inbound to Herron Road.

Batesville is easily within this radius. Both Clarksdale and Grenada are not. Enid Lake (Yalobusha Co.) and Leah's House (in Oakland) are, but Memphis TN is not.

Do we know if the store clerk was even aware that Jessica had started a new job at Goody's in Batesville? Driving into Batesville for her job would necessitate buying more gas than just two gallons at a time. Maybe to work is where she meant she was headed, just not that night? A lot of unknowns, still.

Do we know if the store clerk was even aware that Jessica had started a new job at Goody's in Batesville? Driving into Batesville for her job would necessitate buying more gas than just two gallons at a time. Maybe to work is where she meant she was headed, just not that night? A lot of unknowns, still.
JC had been working at Goody's since October, so I would think he would've noticed her purchasing gas in larger amounts before then. But, who knows? Also, she could also have gassed up near her job. I assumed she bought more gas due to having more money.

This case is driving me so crazy, I feel like a haircut and dyeing my hair green.

Zool, if we believe AA about which way she left the gas station, was she heading to or away from Batesville? I thought AWAY from, but I could be wrong.

I'm tired of these cases getting no justice! Really!

I'm thinking about Tommy B, Adrian S, Shasta H.

I know, I know... Be patient, grasshopper! ;)

Moo

Zool, if we believe AA about which way she left the gas station, was she heading to or away from Batesville? I thought AWAY from, but I could be wrong.

If one is heading to Como, for example, one would drive south a short while before heading north on the highway. One could also exit and land in Batesville on the way.

I'm tired of these cases getting no justice! Really!

I'm thinking about Tommy B, Adrian S, Shasta H.

I know, I know... Be patient, grasshopper! ;)

Moo

Every case I've ever taken an active interest in has yet to be solved. I think I'm bad luck.

I imagine Alsanai's remark is based upon his window-position at the counter; he saw Jessica's car positioned heading SE. I doubt seriously that he left his position from behind the counter, moved outside to watch her leave at 6:32:xx pm, and followed her car visually to determine if she headed north, up US 51 (toward Batesville), south down US 51 (toward Enid Lake and Leah's House), or even if she pulled around the back of M&M and returned north up Carlisle (again toward home, and perhaps Batesville).

I suspect Alsanai was as oblivious to Jessica's direction of travel as we are.

If one is heading to Como, for example, one would drive south a short while before heading north on the highway. One could also exit and land in Batesville on the way.

A drive to Como according to Google "directions" would take approximately 23 mins. A roundtrip would be 1/2 the 90-minute period between 6:32pm and 8:13pm. This would leave Jessica approximately 45-mnutes to do something in Como. Is there a reason why Jessica would drive to Como?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l