MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a theory that popped into my head this morning, probably wrong, but what if they already DO have a witness to Jessica being with one or more individuals in the hour or so prior to her murder, but that witness is one who wouldn't be considered credible by any courts? What if their one witness is a drug addict, and LE is putting the money out there to try to persuade a more "respected" and credible witness to come forward?
Or they need evidence and/or other witnesses to corroborate the witness they have. Very possible.

Contrary to popular opinion, I believe LE probably does have a very good idea who did this to Jessica, and are just trying to make their case as strong as possible before making arrests. They only get one shot at it. They can't afford to mess it up beyond what it already may have been. I tend to agree with Concerned Mama and Ms Pragmatic that they may have a witness who has her/his own baggage that may make them less than credible to a juror, and may be trying hard to get a story corroborated. JMO

Is it just me, or is WS literally CRAWLING at a snail's pace and taking forever to load this morning??

I agree, and I would also like to think that perhaps, it would be helpful to advertise along with the reward $$ that protection can be provided for those who are willing to come forward. Although, the whole 'witness protection' thing does remind me of an episode of 'The Boondocks' about 'not snitching', where they illustrated informants shaking hands with LE as they walk out of the courthouse after testifying, and the CI inquires about what's next, in terms of witness protection, and as LE laughs and walk off, a car pulls by and shoots the CI... it is a cartoon, I know, but that's the first thing that comes to mind when I think about witness protection, for some reason. TMI/OT/MOO. Sorry guys :drumroll:

I find myself thinking more on the increased reward $$$. I think if someone is going to talk or was tempted to + knows they could cut a deal if need be, he or she would not have jumped immediately at this. But it's being heavily considered + this person will think about it for more than a day or two before coming forward (if he or she indeed does decide to come forward).

Think about it. What do y'all think?

The only time JC would of been able to communicate would of been at the scene of the fire. Assuming the volunteer fire department has a few members who may be Emt's , I'd imagine the rest are only trained up to the first responder level. Once ALS arrived, be it Medevac or ambulance, they would of sedated Jessica if she was still conscious and then entubated unless she was not conscious when VFD arrived and they entubated her. Either way, she would not be able to communicate when entubated due the level or lack there of consciousness.
I have had a patient come to while sedated and entubated for a brief moment. Not pleasant .

I agree wholeheartedly here. There have been many good stories associated with this case. In fact, the number of stories, rumors, theories is equal to or greater than the number of residents in Courtland, MS. From LE corruption to Gas Can Man to family involvement. Gangs, drugs, domestic violence, "lover's quarrel", family dysfunction, terrorism, revenge, jealousy, snitching, white supremacists, etc... I mean the list goes on and on. But only one thing is for certain. No one has been charged with this crime. I am not sure what to believe at this point, so I'm not believing anything. I've gone over and over everything we "know" and I find that we don't really know anything. Everything that has been reported in MSM seems questionable. Did she speak? Party? Was she walking? Lying next to the car? Found by the road? Accelerant used on JC, the car, both, neither? Contradictions. Misinformation. Strange characters. It is all enough to make your head spin. Complicating matters(for us), no access to any conclusive evidence. No autopsy findings to mull over. No access to the 911 call. So, we wait. And I'm not very good at that :(

Great post!!

These men were convicted and sentenced and are currently in prison ( see May 3, 2013, page 1, "Shooter Sentenced: Life for taking life ). Why would they be of any significance to a murder committed two years later? Merely because of the names: "Eric, Derrick and Roscoe"...?

That's sort of similar to a fishing trip with "Jessica Ford Chambers and Pooh".

I saw the reference to Eric and Derrick, but still haven't seen any reference to anyone named Roscoe in either of those links.

I saw the reference to Eric and Derrick, but still haven't seen any reference to anyone named Roscoe in either of those links.

Just off the top of my head (IIRC and a I probably don't) the name of the clerk who was also shot and wounded may have begun with Ro (or something similar). Yes...his name was Roosevelt.

My brother-in-law (cop)brought up a good point about why LE may be working hard at keeping what info they might have under wraps. He said if they believe perp(s) local, nothing can possibly be gained by letting the family/community know who they are really looking at. Given the size of the town and the fact that everyone knows everyone else, LE wouldn't risk retaliation or street justice. Dad confronting a suspect puts him in danger. He thinks the fact that LE is being so quiet either means they truly don't have anything, or what they DO have points to someone very familiar, which brings about a whole host of other problems. if it makes us feel any better, he thinks LE has a good idea what went down. And if LE appears to be knocking on the same doors over and over again, there is a reason.

I agree wholeheartedly here. There have been many good stories associated with this case. In fact, the number of stories, rumors, theories is equal to or greater than the number of residents in Courtland, MS. From LE corruption to Gas Can Man to family involvement. Gangs, drugs, domestic violence, "lover's quarrel", family dysfunction, terrorism, revenge, jealousy, snitching, white supremacists, etc... I mean the list goes on and on. But only one thing is for certain. No one has been charged with this crime. I am not sure what to believe at this point, so I'm not believing anything. I've gone over and over everything we "know" and I find that we don't really know anything. Everything that has been reported in MSM seems questionable. Did she speak? Party? Was she walking? Lying next to the car? Found by the road? Accelerant used on JC, the car, both, neither? Contradictions. Misinformation. Strange characters. It is all enough to make your head spin. Complicating matters(for us), no access to any conclusive evidence. No autopsy findings to mull over. No access to the 911 call. So, we wait. And I'm not very good at that :(

bbm, Oh I know, right! It is most baffling and just crazy all the way around. I mean at this point it seems to be the perfect crime, if it is a crime. It's just the damnedest thing. Just imagine if there were no surveillance camera's at the market, I can't. It has me thinking about the movie Clue, there are countless ending that could fit. jmo

Wow! This guy is not very bright IMO.
Caught with some weed while driving and walked away from $890,000. :gaah:

'Over his career, Jerry made $10.3 million and should be in good shape if he didn’t squander his money [on pot]'.

http://www.wtva.com/mostpopular/sto...ia-Jerry-arrested/9yMAWS7RZEms9FOMgIwQvQ.cspx

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/ex-falcons-jerry-arrested-in-mississippi/njqGd/

My little burg has become a small enclave of former NFL players. It's so discouraging to see them trust their money to people they shouldn't, and to squander the money they do get. Personal management classes should be mandatory for all professional athletes. Maybe make it required for college athletes so that they don't get taken to the cleaners when/if they get signed.

JMO

BBM. It was a good story, one that could be confirmed easily. I wouldn't give it too much weight until it hits a more credible publication though.
I read it, and it kept me awake last night thinking about it and wondering if it could be true. Such horror to think about someone (especially a supposed friend) witnessing that and not stepping in to stop it. Then I thought about this witness saying s/he witnessed it from across the street (I *think*) and that made me wonder how this was even possible to see what went on in a motel room from across the street, so I'm hoping this didn't happen to Jessica. If LE checked this out, I think it would be pretty easy to determine the credibility of the "witness" by viewing the log of who registered for a room there that night, and also assuming the motel would have cameras, seeing who went in and out of that motel in that time frame.

I *had* a theory before I read that blog last night,. I thought it had to be personal. This makes it look like a thrill killing for no other reason than pure, hard evil.

I agree, and I would also like to think that perhaps, it would be helpful to advertise along with the reward $$ that protection can be provided for those who are willing to come forward. Although, the whole 'witness protection' thing does remind me of an episode of 'The Boondocks' about 'not snitching', where they illustrated informants shaking hands with LE as they walk out of the courthouse after testifying, and the CI inquires about what's next, in terms of witness protection, and as LE laughs and walk off, a car pulls by and shoots the CI... it is a cartoon, I know, but that's the first thing that comes to mind when I think about witness protection, for some reason. TMI/OT/MOO. Sorry guys :drumroll:

The reward total could be confusing to *ahem* a certain faction of the community. It is now/finally advertised on the FBI website as $25,000 because that's their contribution to it, but isn't there another $18 - 20,000 from other sources being offered, too? I wonder if it's because the reward can be split if they get information and confirmation from two different parties?

Anybody know what the reason might be?

I'm not sure. IIRC, the total is at $38,000. Perhaps the remaining amount is via crimestoppers? Not sure why they are not included in the FBI website/poster.

The reward total could be confusing to *ahem* a certain faction of the community. It is now/finally advertised on the FBI website as $25,000 because that's their contribution to it, but isn't there another $18 - 20,000 from other sources being offered, too? I wonder if it's because the reward can be split if they get information and confirmation from two different parties?

Anybody know what the reason might be?

I imagine that Jessica's last hours were spent in an unconscious state. I hope so anyway. Her injuries were such that I would think she would be medically sedated or placed in a coma if she hadn't been unconscious through natural process. The pain of the burns. I cannot even conceive.

So I would sincerely hope that her attempts to communicate took place during her last moments of consciousness and that she never regained consciousness. To think otherwise is too horrible :(

her mom said she was talking in the heli, and her friend has said she was in a coma in the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin