MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't really follow this case closely when it first broke and am trying to read about it now. Can anyone tell me why half of the stories seem to be from white supremacist and ultra-right wing websites? Like, why are those people going nuts over this particular story when there isn't even any proof the perpetrator is black? It's honestly turning me off from this case a bit.

As I've had it presented to me... Any time a young black male in the recent past recent has had an altercation with law enforcement or even other civilians that ends in death, the media has a field day with it, riots, protests, and in some cases even presidential attention come about. Here you have a young caucasian woman, who some suppose was killed by African Americans, and the media is avoiding the story like it's leprosy. You have a lot of people interested in this story just as a propaganda point to further their own agendas. It's a very sad state of affairs. You have a child, no matter her color, who was literally burned alive. Not to deprecate the death of any other, but you would think her death would be as meaningful as any other, she does deserve national attention. Instead, many people have no idea who Jessica Chambers was.

No one insists that you read at those websites, I'd recommend you don't. They're simply cesspools of intolerance, racial bias, and nonsense. They're pushing a dark agenda, and Jessica for them is nothing but another point in a bigoted pool of hatred. Jessica dated black men, if this case is indeed proven to have a black perpetrator, it's just a feather in the cap for those people. Jessica means nothing to them otherwise.

Thankfully there are some stalwart people who care just because a young woman was murdered, and horribly so. Justice is color blind, hopefully whoever did this horrible thing to her comes to justice so her soul can rest, and her parents can have some peace.

All MOO

I don’t find it surprising that this case has not captured much national media spotlight. This is a case that takes place in a very rural, low-income community. Media representatives from NY and LA are not going there unless they absolutely have to. And they only have to go there if it becomes a huge story, and it only becomes a huge story if they decide to make it one. Second, there is a good possibility there is a drug or gang connection here, which is also going to keep the media far, far away. The possible suspects are just not that remarkable; they just seem like career criminals. No comparison to people like OJ, Joran Van Der Sloot, Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, Zimmerman, etc. In additon, Jessica is from a very unstable background, she doesn’t have the whole wholesome-girl-next-door-college student from nuclear family thing that Hannah Graham, a case that got plenty of national attention, had. Lastly, the media has very little interest in unsolved murders, compared to missing persons. There is nothing about this story that screams "huge national news" and I don't know why it is being treated like some huge conspiracy.

I come from a small town that has around 1000 inhabitants and I know how quickly rumours and news can spread. If there were only two or three perps, and they didn't talk about it at all to other people (even to those close to them) because they don't want to get caught, there's a good possibility that they have and will keep their little "secret" to themselves. JMO.

I can understand that possibility if there were only one, very sick, remorseless perpetrator. Albeit I honestly don't believe the crime could have been accomplished by a single individual as I've explained multiple times. In which case, do you honestly believe that it's possible that you have two or possibly more people so damaged emotionally that they could keep this to themselves? If they have talked about it, which I do believe they have, what do you think would account for the silence of those they confided in? Could it be loyalty, protection, or would it be just plain fear?

I know in the past, whenever I did something awful, I had to confide in someone. The only way I could absolve myself at all would be to talk about it. However, I'd like to believe I'm for the most part normal emotionally. I know one thing for certain, if they ever do capture the perpetrator(s) I hope that they do full psychoanalysis on them before the death penalty is exercised. There would have to be a plethora of abnormal psychology to document.

I don’t find it surprising that this case has not captured much national media spotlight. This is a case that takes place in a very rural, low-income community. Media representatives from NY and LA are not going there unless they absolutely have to. And they only have to go there if it becomes a huge story, and it only becomes a huge story if they decide to make it one. Second, there is a good possibility there is a drug or gang connection here, which is also going to keep the media far, far away. The possible suspects are just not that remarkable; they just seem like career criminals. No comparison to people like OJ, Joran Van Der Sloot, Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, Zimmerman, etc. In additon, Jessica is from a very unstable background, she doesn’t have the whole wholesome-girl-next-door-college student from nuclear family thing that Hannah Graham, a case that got plenty of national attention, had. Lastly, the media has very little interest in unsolved murders, compared to missing persons.

BBM

To the first point, why would gangs or a drug connection deter the media? I just saw a story today on a global news network where the Bloods and Crips are calling a truce. This was British television and it's not even a sensational story. They don't even have Bloods or Crips in the UK.

For the second, I don't understand what emphasis Jessica's ancestral stock has on her newsworthiness. Who she dated, whether or not she smoked, drank or did drugs has any effect on me to the value of her life. Ultimately she was a child, who had her life stolen from her, how she lived that life shouldn't mean anything.She was just a kid, and she was burned alive. How can anything else be required for that to be a headline? Not attacking you, I've just seen so much allusion to how she lived and where she came from as justification for the lack of attention she's receiving. That infuriates me.

There is another RSO who has listed Herron Rd subdivision, Courtland MS as his address. And there are a couple of dozen other RSOs in the Courtland or Batesville areas, so if we are thinking about a semi-random crime of opportunity in Jessica's case, it could be any of them, I suppose. I hope LE has interviewed all of them.

ETA - it is odd that the two who gave addresses with "Herron" in them look like they could be brothers or even the same person - the dates of birth given in the records are different though, and one is heavier than the other. Is it possible the names are aliases and the birthdates given were false?

Let's assume for a minute that her murder wasn't gang related and was committed by a white person which is conceivable based on too many factors to list. If this were the case, I'm not totally convinced that the RSO living on Herron Rd. and discussed below, can be ruled out as a POI. Initially, WS did a Google drive by and an auto matching the description of a vehicle mentioned in the case is visable in this driveway. Upon a closer inspection, looking in the right hand side of the image, a red gas can is also clearly visible. Keep in mind the discussion below, this guy has been convicted twice for sex related crimes, has multiple aliases and even provides a false address to the sex offender database. Not a first class citizen imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOL View Post
There is a Batesville registered sex offender who falsely used a "Batesville Herron Road street number" as his registered one in a filing. Batesville does not have a "Herron Road".

However, the street name and number which he used is 1.2 miles farther south from the crime scene and on the same, western side of the road. The registered owner of the Courtland property, at one time or another, shared the same surname as the registered sex offender, leading me to believe that perhaps the offender was a family member.

If the offender had stumbled upon Jessica in Batesville, and if he had wanted to provide himself with an alibi, it is conceivable that he could have dumped Jessica at 2352 Herron Road; and a minute later by car, (or 25 minutes by foot) been safely inside that residence.

Of course, this is a highly speculative opinion based solely upon a "false Batesville Herron Road address" but if I were in LE I would be looking at even the most improbable.
GREAT FIND! I did a little digging and publicly available information indicates that he was convicted of sexual offences TWICE in Wisconsin. The first being April of 2005 and the second being in September of 2007! So why move to Mississippi and give a false address which would surly put him in jeopardy for a third offense? The man obviously has a clear record of repeated sexual offenses. Additionally, he uses two different LAST names as aliases. (Women, I understand. Men, really stands out as odd imo)! Think these combined known's would indicate that he is a pretty serious RSO. I've had difficulty subscribing to the many theories being floated out there, but this one has my attention!

I didn't really follow this case closely when it first broke and am trying to read about it now. Can anyone tell me why half of the stories seem to be from white supremacist and ultra-right wing websites? Like, why are those people going nuts over this particular story when there isn't even any proof the perpetrator is black? It's honestly turning me off from this case a bit.

Agree. The evidence vacuum allows for wild speculation! So, all the "isms" raise their ugly heads. JMO
* I must admit that I do read one of those sites in re: Jessica. I like to know what the enemies of reality have to say, to know what rational thought is up against in terms of the pursuit of justice. JMO

I come from a small town that has around 1000 inhabitants and I know how quickly rumours and news can spread. If there were only two or three perps, and they didn't talk about it at all to other people (even to those close to them) because they don't want to get caught, there's a good possibility that they have and will keep their little "secret" to themselves. JMO.

It sounds like there were several involved in the Holly Bobo case and they kept it quite for a good while.

The Bobo misadventure at least manages to make this investigation look cutting-edge.

Whether her killer was black, white, brown, or purple, I still just do not believe that noone in that town other than the killer(s) knows who murdered Jessica. I do not live in a small town, but have relatives that do, and they know EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING that goes on in town, and they are not busy-bodies. I think that is pretty much the norm for small town life, from what I gather. I do not believe she was killed by someone unknown to her, so someone knows something, imo. WTH is it gonna take to get someone to talk?? All JMO

{WTH is it gonna take to get someone to talk?} That's the question that needs to be answered.
I feel so desperate to help but have no answers. We could do the ask the question thing mentioned earlier -- deadline being tonight. Personally, I'm blank. I wouldn't want to undermine the work of investigators. All of my questions seem to do that. You all may have something better to offer in that area. I'm still thinking though. Perhaps a statement could be made and posted or announced in a way that would nudge (push) the community to really think about everyone around them during that night and in the following days. A statement such as "This investigation needs the help of the community to solve Jessica's murder. She was one of our own. The person who committed this crime is still out there walking the streets. Think about that for a minute........"

There is another RSO who has listed Herron Rd subdivision, Courtland MS as his address. And there are a couple of dozen other RSOs in the Courtland or Batesville areas, so if we are thinking about a semi-random crime of opportunity in Jessica's case, it could be any of them, I suppose. I hope LE has interviewed all of them.

ETA - it is odd that the two who gave addresses with "Herron" in them look like they could be brothers or even the same person - the dates of birth given in the records are different though, and one is heavier than the other. Is it possible the names are aliases and the birthdates given were false?

Link to public records of Wisconsin Dept. of Corrections containing publicly available information (case summary) about the RSO published as living in the very direct area of the crime. Wisconsin, Clark County Case Number 2004CF000119 http://doc.wi.gov/community-resources/find-an-offender

BBM

To the first point, why would gangs or a drug connection deter the media? I just saw a story today on a global news network where the Bloods and Crips are calling a truce. This was British television and it's not even a sensational story. They don't even have Bloods or Crips in the UK.

For the second, I don't understand what emphasis Jessica's ancestral stock has on her newsworthiness. Who she dated, whether or not she smoked, drank or did drugs has any effect on me to the value of her life. Ultimately she was a child, who had her life stolen from her, how she lived that life shouldn't mean anything.She was just a kid, and she was burned alive. How can anything else be required for that to be a headline? Not attacking you, I've just seen so much allusion to how she lived and where she came from as justification for the lack of attention she's receiving. That infuriates me.

It's not justification, it's more...This is why it is not some conspiracy or big mystery why the case isn't getting attention. t is unfortunate but the victim's background does matter to the media, it does determine how much coverage a case gets. Also, there are thousands of murders...and the media rarely covers any of them for more than a day. For whatever reason, the national media has little interest in unsolved murders. Look at cases like Alanna Gallagher, Grace Ford, Sierra Newbold, little kids who were brutally murdered in suburbia, where the perp was not arrested right away, and the national media had little interest. If they weren't interested in those cases, why is it a mystery that they aren't interested in Jessica's case?

BBM

(BBM) I'm just reinforcing what you've written. If ISIS doesn't deter the media, gangs won't. However, I would guess that the local paper might be influenced. have no idea, just that locally they could feel threatened.

(BBM) I'm just reinforcing what you've written. If ISIS doesn't deter the media, gangs won't. However, I would guess that the local paper might be influenced. have no idea, just that locally they could feel threatened.

I don't see what ISIS has to do with a story possibly involving local gang members not becoming a huge national story. What other high-profile cases involved gang members as killers? I don't see the media scrambling to cover inner city murders. This is a local story.....ISIS is an international issue...no comparison. The media is interested in a terroristic organization that poses a threat to the West means that the media is interested in gang-related murders?

I haven't seen anything like that here (you may have been looking at other internet blogs concerning the case) if the links came from white supremacist and ultra-right wing websites they would have been deleted by the mods.

BBM. I think LE is putting pressure on certain people and Ms. Fleming is reacting to that pressure and she's interjecting herself back into the case. The question I have is, why?

JMO

Because JC lived with MS Fleming for several months .... she knew JC on a personal basis ..... I see no 'why' here.

The problem I see here is that the perp(s), after committing such a heinous crime, would have to act very differently from usual when reaching home unless he/she/they lived by themselves .... I do believe the perp(s) family knows something.

I just have to believe that the perps ARE known to LE. I think that it is quite possible that there have been no arrests because what evidence they do have does not directly lead to a determination as to who exactly was involved in the killing. There may be two crime scenes. There may be a conspiracy to commit the crime to be uncovered etc etc...also, if it is true, that this will be presented to a grand jury, then next to nothing will be divulged, unless there is at least one indictment. Also, it is possible that LE has reason to believe that, (given the personal hatred implied by the manner of death of Jessica) there is not a substantial risk to the community for the perps to still be on the street while the investigation continues. Just some thoughts. JMO

If there are perps and they are known, arrests would have soon been forthcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight