MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The tidbits of information we receive from local authorities makes piecing this thing together very difficult. We don't have much to go on. They mention having several possibilities and nothing is off the table. They just don't have what they need for a conviction. I keep thinking about Jessica's cellphone. They would have to know by now who she had talked to. If any of those people were/are suspects and yet have an alibi (which could be a lie that authorities cant prove) for where they were at the time of Jessica's death, they wont hold them. And then the possibility of Jessica running into someone that night unplanned or planned way ahead of time. What I keep wondering about is why wasn't Jessica actually dead. You would think that if someone wanted Jessica dead, she would have been. Was it lack of experience? Did she fool them into thinking she was dead? To me, I'm thinking 1 person involved if it was romantically related - maybe she shunned them? They were high and went into a rage? The reason for reclined seats. I could see it being 2 or more if she ran into a group of people that had it out for her. I wish we could know more about the party or gathering.

This is just a relatively unimportant note to correct an assumption that "it was windy and rainy that evening/night".

According to the following data from the Wunderground's Weather History for Clarksdale Fletcher Field Air for the time-period 7:15 pm to 8:15 pm, Dec 6, it was overcast and the North wind slowly decreased from 18.4 mph to 15.00 mph.

Sunset was 4:51pm CST
Civil Twilight 5:19 pm CST
Nautical Twilight 5:50 pm CST
Astronomical Twilight 6:21 pm CST

Civil Twilight is defined as: "The time period when the sun is no more than 6 degrees below the horizon at either sunrise or sunset. The horizon should be clearly defined and the brightest star should be visible under good atmospheric conditions [i.e. no moonlight, or other lights]. One still should be able to carry on ordinary outdoor activities."

Nautical Twilight: "The time period when the sun is between 6 and 12 degrees below the horizon...and the outline of objects might be visible without artificial light. Ordinary activities are not possible at this time without extra illumination."

Astronomical Twilight: "The time period when the sun is between 12 and 18 degrees below... The sun does not contribute to the illumination of the sky [...] after this time in the evening... [A]t the end of astronomical twilight in the evening, sky illumination is very faint, and might be undetectable."

I strongly believe that the M&M Video supports Jessica's arrival to be somewhere after Nautical Twilight and closer to Astronomical Twilight, or sometime after 5:50 pm and closer to 6:21 pm. In actuality, the video clearly shows her car pulling into the gas pumps at 6:24:39 pm, and the background on US 51 is completely headlight illumination.

It wasn't an assumption......It was windy and rainy (drizzling) that evening. The point I was trying to make was that it didn't seem like the kind of whether that anyone would want to clean their car in. It seemed more like an excuse to be out of the house.

I must say though the Astronomical and Nautical stuff sounds very intellectual.

According to the Panolian about a month after he was arrested, Mister requested a bail reduction from $150K . The judge refused his request and bound him over to Superior Court. Then the details abruptly ended. It's been over two years. I would think that a delay of that length would be a legendary record since most other cases mentioned in the Panolian are resolved within a year. Something does not seem right; murderers in Panola County receive a quicker trial. It is hard to believe that the "reputed gang leader" George Mister has any kind of legal pull, expertise, or connections. Engage him in conversation and one wonders if he has enough sense to come in out of the rain.
I can't figure out how to bold-face on my phone so: "then the details abruptly ended".

This is sometimes seen in cases where a perp rolls over some info in exchange for a plea deal, immunity, or reduced sentence. They have to follow the leads out until they are proven to be worthy and true. This can cast a wide net, so it can take a long time to complete the cycle.

And sometimes law enforcement just wants the perp free long enough to conduct thorough surveillance before the perp is locked away.

Either way, this gives LE more time to follow the connections. My FBI source from many years ago told me that 2 years is very common.

ITA. The past few weeks I have been leaning toward drugs being involved.

I think the billboards are in those areas for a reason. I don't think it has anything to do with truckers but I do believe that people from those areas are connected to some of the Courtland residents that may be involved in this crime.

When I think about LE saying that "they know what happened" to Jessica and then mentioning not having a "motive" it's hard to believe they don't know WHO did this. IMO, LE knows the What, Where, and the
Who......they just don't know Why.
JMO though
You raise a question that hadn't occurred to me before:

Before JC entered Leah's House and took a job at Goody's after, did she ever 'ride along' on the road with any 'friends' on their trucking jobs?

Truckers often like to have company, but there could be other reasons also for a companion like JC.

I do think that a trucker could possibly be involved in this. The issue of drugs being involved raises new possibilities in regards to trucking.

I'm not forgetting the major bust of the local Panolian trucker and the huge quantity in his truck when he was arrested. And that was just the one haul. Who knows how many others there were, both before and after that ONE search and arrest. - - Who stepped into Griffins shoes after his bust?

You raise a question that hadn't occurred to me before:

Before JC entered Leah's House and took a job at Goody's after, did she ever 'ride along' on the road with any 'friends' on their trucking jobs?

Truckers often like to have company, but there could be other reasons also for a companion like JC.

I do think that a trucker could possibly be involved in this. The issue of drugs being involved raises new possibilities in regards to trucking.

I'm not forgetting the major bust of the local Panolian trucker and the huge quantity in his truck when he was arrested. And that was just the one haul. Who knows how many others there were, both before and after that ONE search and arrest. - - Who stepped into Griffins shoes after his bust?

It seems like it isn't a case of what did Jessica Chambers do that night or the months and years before it that led to her burning alive and painful death, to me, but who did she have the bad luck to run into and where'd they go after seeing her on fire?

The March 2012 arrest and conviction of Terry Griffin with his refrigeration truck and his 2,600 pounds of marijuana certainly fits into the theory of a broad-based drug pipeline throughout the tri-state area. The December arrest of George Mister baffles me because I have never been able to find a reference in the Panolian to his conviction. Almost all the other high-profile cases are followed from arrest to punishment but not Mister.

Thanks to your link, I now have real doubts as to whether Jessica said anything at all to the fire chief:

The story about the conviction of Derrick Burdette. It took the jurors a little more than an hour of deliberation before returning their verdict. Their speedy decision may have had a lot to do with this fact:

Despite numerous gunshot wounds from a pistol, Smith survived the shooting long enough to name his gunman as a police officer stood over him.

It seems like it isn't a case of what did Jessica Chambers do that night or the months and years before it that led to her burning alive and painful death, to me, but who did she have the bad luck to run into and where'd they go after seeing her on fire?

I think Jessica was murdered by someone linked to her past, not her present. Panola County has had an incredible number of violent crimes tied to illegal activity such as drugs. The number is truly stunning. I live in a small town ten times the size of Courtland and there has been one murder in the last ten years.

It is entirely possible that Jessica was a witness to one of the unsolved murders or had knowledge about who did it and had remained silent. Now that she had turned her life around, the person she had knowledge of would have been afraid she would not continue to carry that secret.

JMO

I really think that what happened to JC was a result of what transpired recently in her life. I just think that if she felt threatened while she was at Leah's house, she wouldn't have left as soon as she did. Roughly, she was there, maybe through September, although we do not know for sure. What was she doing before she started her job? We do not know. When did she start the job? We do not know. Lisa could have told us, but no one asked her. Who did she meet at her new job? What were her habits when she started the job? What do her co-workers know? Lots of unanswered questions. Hopefully, The proper authorities know. JMO

I think Jessica was murdered by someone linked to her past, not her present. Panola County has had an incredible number of violent crimes tied to illegal activity such as drugs. The number is truly stunning. I live in a small town ten times the size of Courtland and there has been one murder in the last ten years.

It is entirely possible that Jessica was a witness to one of the unsolved murders or had knowledge about who did it and had remained silent. Now that she had turned her life around, the person she had knowledge of would have been afraid she would not continue to carry that secret.

JMO

In a small town like Courtland or your's, would there that much of chance not running into people from your past? Could the same be said of Batesville or wherever she went next? LE had stated that though there are still gaps in her timeline, they had some idea of where some of the 90 minutes had transpired for her, they may have had more video of that night. Who did she run into? Where? And where did they go after setting her on fire in that very particular place?

I thought and thought about this, and one reason the car was pulled in the way it was may have been, as a previous WSer, pointed out, because there may have been cars behind them coming around that bend far back in the road. They may have pulled in fast and turned off the car fast enough not to be seen by whatever car may have been behind them and passed. It seems to me that she may not have been driving at the time and there may have not been another car to back up the perp/s parked in the same spot.

Jessica Chambers phone, interviews, whatever evidence there is, so loads more than the public will ever know, have not provided enough answers yet to make an arrest. I pray that she may be at peace, but I imagine her killer/s or those who know and have said nothing so far should be less so, with news of the billboards.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/28061203/reward-in-jessica-chambers-murder-case-increased

"FOX13 News has also learned the complete autopsy results for Jessica are in and that law enforcement subpoenaed records from every cell carrier in Panola County during the investigation. We requested copies of the cellphone records and autopsy but was told they are protected since it is an ongoing investigation"

Thank you, Steleheart, for the link. Great report.

Reward In Jessica Chambers Murder Case Increased To $54K
Tom Dees, Mississippi Correspondent, reports on Feb 09, '15 6:57 pm est Jessica's Mom's message to whomever did this in the video

"I don't care if it is 50 years from now you are going to get caught,” she said. “If they don't catch you, God will. He already knows."

In a small town like Courtland or your's, would there that much of chance not running into people from your past? Could the same be said of Batesville or wherever she went next? LE had stated that though there are still gaps in her timeline, they had some idea of where some of the 90 minutes had transpired for her, they may have had more video of that night. Who did she run into? Where? And where did they go after setting her on fire in that very particular place?

I thought and thought about this, and one reason the car was pulled in the way it was may have been, as a previous WSer, pointed out, because there may have been cars behind them coming around that bend far back in the road. They may have pulled in fast and turned off the car fast enough not to be seen by whatever car may have been behind them and passed. It seems to me that she may not have been driving at the time and there may have not been another car to back up the perp/s parked in the same spot.

Jessica Chambers phone, interviews, whatever evidence there is, so loads more than the public will ever know, have not provided enough answers yet to make an arrest. I pray that she may be at peace, but I imagine her killer/s or those who know and have said nothing so far should be less so, with news of the billboards.

It is impossible to escape your past when living in a small town. Jessica went to high school in Batesville and worked in Batesville. I consider it just one big community.

My theory has her knocked unconscious elsewhere and driven to Herron Rd with a second car pulling in behind it. Her car was parked on a sharp incline which is why I think the emergency brake was pulled up (so it wouldn't roll back into the car behind it.)

Could the bill boards in 3 different states be a ploy to maybe get people to talk in the courtland area?
I mean if the perp/s did live in courtland or nearby they might think the heat is off them and the authority's are looking elsewhere.

It is impossible to escape your past when living in a small town. Jessica went to high school in Batesville and worked in Batesville. I consider it just one big community.

My theory has her knocked unconscious elsewhere and driven to Herron Rd with a second car pulling in behind it. Her car was parked on a sharp incline which is why I think the emergency brake was pulled up (so it wouldn't roll back into the car behind it.)

My theory has not changed since Bessie allowed us to participate in the opinion poll. MyBelle,I think you are correct the second vehicle followed.

This entire scenario was premeditated. Jessica was lured or brought unconscious to Herron Road. This spot was carefully chosen & the perps were very familiar with this spot.The location was chosen because they were confident of its remoteness & or they live close by. This insured enough time to plan an escape route and for the fire to totally consume the evidence.

As others have pointed out Jessica's vehicle had the emergency brake set.This was critical especially if her car was a manual transmission. They also wanted to insure the car not roll backward when it was ignited. All the preparations were designed to cloak the crime scene from observation & guarantee an extended amount of time before discovery. MOO

I am always willing to consider other possibilities.Most of all I would like to have a LE briefing that cleared up the timeline. :deadhorse: I made it clear in an earlier repost by Websleuther Firefox that I agreed with him on the value of LE utilizing the public in solving cases.

That's what I'm thinking. A child's birthday party.

What if LE have video of JC at a store near by....buying a birthday gift perhaps?

IMO she had to have gone to this "party" after she left M&M but I base that off of auntie sha sha saying that "after she left (the party) is when it happened to her."
All the kids' birthday parties in my area are never at night. Most of them are from 2 to 4pm. I've never heard of one around here later than 4pm.

Stop me if you've heard this one. (nyuk nyuk nyuk) I'm probably repeating things, but I can't sleep and my eyes hurt to go back and read so many pages right now. I don't believe Jessica ever meant she was going to the car wash to wash her car. Paraphrasing what her mom said that Jessica told her she was going to clean her car or clean out her car, get gas, get something to eat, cigs for mom. All of those can be done at the M&M. Google maps - street view - zoom in on left side of front door and there are the big Air/Vac things for your car very clearly marked. I think all references to the car wash originated with social media speculation then picked up by the ultra rightwing websites with embellishments. If we believe Lisa's original timeline of leaving home at 5:30, but the gas station shows her correctly at 6:30, then she may have stopped off at Sha-sha's house on the way. Doesn't she live between Jessica's house and the gas station? If Jessica left home at the time of Lisa's revised time of 6:30ish and the gas station video is incorrect and should have read 5:30 - there was time travel involved.

Stop me if you've heard this one. (nyuk nyuk nyuk) I'm probably repeating things, but I can't sleep and my eyes hurt to go back and read so many pages right now. I don't believe Jessica ever meant she was going to the car wash to wash her car. Paraphrasing what her mom said that Jessica told her she was going to clean her car or clean out her car, get gas, get something to eat, cigs for mom. All of those can be done at the M&M. Google maps - street view - zoom in on left side of front door and there are the big Air/Vac things for your car very clearly marked. I think all references to the car wash originated with social media speculation then picked up by the ultra rightwing websites with embellishments. If we believe Lisa's original timeline of leaving home at 5:30, but the gas station shows her correctly at 6:30, then she may have stopped off at Sha-sha's house on the way. Doesn't she live between Jessica's house and the gas station? If Jessica left home at the time of Lisa's revised time of 6:30ish and the gas station video is incorrect and should have read 5:30 - there was time travel involved.

Sha Sha's house is across the street form her house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member