MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
kinda o/t my cat is called Ellis... I spent ages this morning saying his name wondering the same thing. If I say it quite lazily, in my scottish accent its conceivable I could be jibbering eric

Is that Scottish accent a single malt? I've been trying with 18- and 25-year-old Glenmorangies without success. :facepalm:

kinda o/t my cat is called Ellis... I spent ages this morning saying his name wondering the same thing. If I say it quite lazily, in my scottish accent its conceivable I could be jibbering eric

Your cat thinks it sounds like Haggis.

I'm sorry if this is too graphic, but if her tongue was burned...... The "t" sound, "l" sound and "s" sound all require use of the tongue. Try to say Tellis without using your tongue. It will sound a lot like Eric.

According to the p.c. today, nothing was poured down her throat and set on fire. I assume that includes anything being poured in her mouth as well, though I have no desire to play semantics with the statement. If her mouth and tongue weren't burned, then saying
"Eric" did this too me seems deliberately misleading.

According to the p.c. today, nothing was poured down her throat and set on fire. I assume that includes anything being poured in her mouth as well, though I have no desire to play semantics with the statement. If her mouth and tongue weren't burned, then saying "Eric" did this too me seems deliberately misleading.
No, but she was burned very badly. Her burns could have included her mouth and tongue. Do we have any details about the extent of her burns?

I'm sorry if this is too graphic, but if her tongue was burned...... The "t" sound, "l" sound and "s" sound all require use of the tongue. Try to say Tellis without using your tongue. It will sound a lot like Eric.

Hmmmm - makes sense, IMO.

Will consult with family on whether to seek the death penalty

A good DA would use the death penalty as an excellent bargaining tool. Between now and the time QT hears the opening statement from the prosecutor, there is plenty of time to put the fear of God in that murderer's mind. It's obvious to me that he will be going down for MH's horrific murder. But that trial won't be for a year from now. Champion must feel that he does not have a very strong case. Or he'd argue strongly for the opportunity to take QT first.

A couple of questions:

Was it ever released as to whether Jessica's phone was found? Could texts to/from Tellis have been part of what led to him? I'm sure the phone would've been in bad condition but those forensics people can do wonders recovering data.

Also, I am of the firm belief that she was headed to or at a party and this is where she met and possibly left with this guy. Others prob saw them together before this awful act. Small town, right? Somehow LE knows this was one of the last people Jessica was with.

Finally, the name that she supposedly said--I'm sure that it was extremely difficult to understand anything she said. She was burned, terrified, and prob in shock, essentially dying. Finding it hard to breathe, much less talk. I don't put much stock into what people thought they heard. However, if word around town was that she was in a r/ship with someone with a name sounding like "Eric", I can certainly see a local firefighter wanting to lay the blame for such an atrocious torture on somebody so maybe he thought he heard this name.

Just a few random observations and questions.

<snip>
ETA----Anybody care to try and explain how you would get the name "Eric", from his name ?

Quinton Verdell Tellis

I have a problem with Eric. On the other hand, if QT was commonly referred to as Verdell, I find that more probable.

It was said that her phone was active at the crime scene before she was torched. So i guess that they know she was there prior to any 911 calls.

Also most killers never turn their phone off before committing a crime. So his phone probably was pinging in the same area as well through out the entire time that he was with her. Jmo

A good DA would use the death penalty as an excellent bargaining tool. Between now and the time QT hears the opening statement from the prosecutor, there is plenty of time to put the fear of God in that murderer's mind. It's obvious to me that he will be going down for MH's horrific murder. But that trial won't be for a year from now. Champion must feel that he does not have a very strong case. Or he'd argue strongly for the opportunity to take QT first.
They have the indictment and imo this is something the family and friends of Jessica needed for some type of closure. I feel even if it takes a year its better to have any possible evidence added that possibly can be, QT will not being going anywhere but I hope he is on suicide watch. I have scene what it does to family and friends of someone who has been murdered and Jessica's loved ones do not need to go through anything more to bring further pain.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Now you have me sitting here repeating "Ellis" and pondering! Regards to the cat!

I am sure he had a nickname. Highly doubt his gang mates called him Quinton. :no:

In the video below, Theresa Appel asks Michael D. Eubanks --
"That implies that you may know the person that did this. What does that mean normally for you?"

It would be wonderful to know what the unedited version was to which Theresa refers when she says the word That. Also, it would be extremely interesting to know of any connections between MDE and QT, especially on the night of Dec. 6, 2014!

[video]https://youtu.be/h4qHhTuoSHw?t=1m21s[/video]

How do we even know that what JC was trying to verbalize was the answer to the question "who did this to you?" She might have been trying to communicate something unrelated to the question because she either didn't comprehend the question or she was ignoring the question to say something more pressing (possibly relating to her injuries).

In the video below, Theresa Appel asks Michael D. Eubanks --

It would be wonderful to know what the unedited version was to which Theresa refers when she says the word That. Also, it would be extremely interesting to know of any connections between MDE and QT, especially on the night of Dec. 6, 2014!

[video]https://youtu.be/h4qHhTuoSHw?t=1m21s[/video]
Why? I don't get it. Why is it so important for MDE to have been involved?

BTW has anybody come across another case with as many red herrings as Jessica's??

I was so happy to hear this morning of an arrest in this case. Another killer off the streets and never to be seen again as a free man. Jessica can finally rest and her family can start to heal. While it is good news at his arrest, the sadness still lingers over the loss of this lady who was putting her life on track with a bright future.

This guy Tellis caused a whole lot of gang members and drug dealers to get arrested due to the LE dragnet created by his actions. They're all gonna be gunning for him.

Good riddance.

ETA----Anybody care to try and explain how you would get the name "Eric", from his name ?

Quinton Verdell Tellis

My explanation (my brain works funny sometimes):

The "T" is tip of the tongue - could be silent if tongue is swollen, badly burned or the tip missing or front teeth missing

The "L" - is tip of tongue - same issue.

Some ESL people with full tongue and teeth pronounce "R" as "L" and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retired Private Investiga