MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Is is this true? Was it really registered to QT's sister?

Attachments

• IMG_5451.jpg
    IMG_5451.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 218
I just read the arrest warrant for QT in the Chinese girl's murder case and it has a lot of references to Eric Hill (his wife's cousin, same guy who used to date QT's sister) and they sound very close. Any word if Eric Hill was in the area with QT when JC was burned?
Or if QT used his name? I keep wondering if QT gave a fake name to Jessica.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I did too, until her friend was on the stand and said JC introduced QT to her by his (real) name. When friend was asked if she ever heard QT answer to the name "Eric", she said no. Makes me wonder if his friend was in town with him that night? Maybe that's why JC didn't know his last name?

attachment.php

Interesting!

Attachments

• IMG_5454.jpg
    IMG_5454.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 220
LeahBeth Bolton tweeted about a silver can that was admitted into evidence. Anyone know what this was?
I think it was a silver can that contained evidence if I remember correctly. Though why they would use that instead of an evidence bag I don't know.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I cannot believe that the prosecution does not have a compelling explanation for everyone who heard JC say the name "Eric" despite her deep, raspy, dry, weak, thick-tongued, thermally injured voice that was barely audible to a few and inaudible to many, over a very noisy background of two nearby fire truck diesels, pump engines, sirens and other sounds of arriving vehicles, a car fire being extinguished with flames reaching to the tops of 35-ft trees, shouts of emergency responders to each other, duplicate questioners, etc.

We know that a Panola County grand jury listened to the evidence in advance of this trial, and would have certainly been made aware of such a glaring inconsistency. Yet they still voted to indict QT. Not only that, but to be sure he had a solid case, DA Champion presented it to a group of peer prosecuters, who also agreed he had a good case.

What puzzles me about Eric is this: if the DA does have an explanation for that troublesome name, then doesn't the defense have it, too, since they would be privy to any information he plans to use in his case as a result of discovery? Yet the defense continues to emphasize the inconsistency of JC's knowing QT's name, while insisting to multiple first responders that her attacker's name was something different. In the closing words of the defense's opening remarks to the jury, Eric is not on trial today, but he should be.

What does the DA know that they don't know, and why don't they know it?

Regards,
Clouseau

LeahBeth Bolton tweeted about a silver can that was admitted into evidence. Anyone know what this was?

IIRC it was burnt clothing the officer found in or by a creek near where the car was burned. Whatever it was, the officer looked inside to confirm but it wasn't removed from the can. I think it was in a package inside the can.

10/11 part 2 from 1:11 - 1:16 the burnt clothing discussed and bag removed from can.
http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/quinton-tellis-trial-video-archive/

Or if QT used his name? I keep wondering if QT gave a fake name to Jessica.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I believe that QT was still with her up until the time she was set on fire, so I feel like it was a two-person operation, with QT getting her to the selected location, and then there indeed may have been an "Eric" who showed up to do the actual deed. It could very well have been the Eric Hill that is cousin to the wife, but either he had a good alibi that LE couldn't get around, or they just couldn't find evidence to place him on Herron Rd that night. Too many people heard her say "Eric" when asked who did it to think that they all mis-heard what she was saying, while hearing the same wrong thing. I am afraid that is going to be a real problem for the prosecution, and my hope is that the jurors will not let that one issue prevent them from listening objectively to all of the evidence. There is still a lot of trial left. JMO

ETA...very nice to see you again, Bessie, my friend. :)

Did anyone else hear a few witnesses testify that Jessica nodded her head a little when verifying her first name? I believe also to confirm her full name.

But I don't recall any testimony about Jessica head nodding or head shaking regarding the Who did this to you? question.

It kept occurring to me that she was not able to get the Perp's name across to them, and therefore kept answering the same way hoping they

would eventually decipher the correct name from her attempts

epiphany,

From my notes today on Sandra Hailey's testimony, the lady who could not speak very loudly due to respiratory problems, Jessica did nod her head at least on one occasion. While assisting Daniel Cole take a photo of JW, Hailey asked JW for her name but could not hear her because of the noise. She then heard somebody in the crowd shout "Jessica Chambers" so she asked JW if that was her name and she shook her head yes. That was the only nod I heard about today.

Regards,
Clouseau

IIRC it was burnt clothing the officer found in or by a creek near where the car was burned. Whatever it was, the officer looked inside to confirm but it wasn't removed from the can. I think it was in a package inside the can.

10/11 part 2 from 1:11 - 1:16 the burnt clothing discussed and bag removed from can.
http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/quinton-tellis-trial-video-archive/

Tillicum,

I also heard Edward Dickson (Dixon?) state he collected some burned clothing 2-3 feet from the rear of the vehicle in a little creek. I don't think it was a real creek, though. More than likely a rut filled with water from the earlier firefighting. JMO

I somehow missed what was inside that can during his testimony, but did notice one side of the can was dented.

Regards.
Clouseau

Did anyone else hear a few witnesses testify that Jessica nodded her head a little when verifying her first name? I believe also to confirm her full name.

But I don't recall any testimony about Jessica head nodding or head shaking regarding the Who did this to you? question.

It kept occurring to me that she was not able to get the Perp's name across to them, and therefore kept answering the same way hoping they

would eventually decipher the correct name from her attempts

i think with maybe one exception of the more than 10 confirmed that she said Eric and seemed pretty sure about it.

Cathy @CCLawNewz
·
2h
#JessicaChambers - A juror was dismissed today in the #QuintonTellis trial due to this Facebook post made after jury selection.

Cathy @CCLawNewz
·
2h
#JessicaChambers - The dismissed juror then made another post last night after the first day of trial

https://mobile.twitter.com/CCLawNewz

Seems like she must have seen this Eric character that night. I'm beginning to think it may have been a two-person operation, too. This is still as fishy as it ever was! JMO Her apparent cognition and lucidity were amazing, considering her injuries.

Seems like she must have seen this Eric character that night. I'm beginning to think it may have been a two-person operation, too. This is still as fishy as it ever was! JMO Her apparent cognition and lucidity were amazing, considering her injuries.

that struck me too...amazing condition after being burned 98%....i have no doubt the last person she saw was Eric...but no doubt the defendant was there too.

love these trials with sequestered juries...they really move fast...can't believe about the dismissed juror...i am thinking he just wanted off.

I can not imagine the pain she endured. Just a small burn hurts so much.

A firefighter disposed of a smoldering cigarette right next to a tree farm?

That's right!! Shocking isn't it! Ought to be sacked in my opinion!

That reminds me. In the previous thread there was a discussion going on in regards to Jessica at the M&M First Stop. On the surveillance it looked like she was either picking up something or stubbing out a cigarette butt. Big discussion on it and I remember thinking, "Noooo she can't have been putting out a cigarette, she cannot have been smoking in and around petrol pumps" ....surely that's not permitted, is it? I'd be shocked to learn people are permitted to smoke in such close proximity to the petrol pumps over there.

I completely agree. I liken it to hearing a song and not knowing for sure what the lyrics are and when you think you know and start singing it with those incorrect words, you really can't hear the right words - you only hear what you have in your head. That might not make sense, but for an example, my daughter was very young when the GhostBuster movie came out and when she heard the song lyrics say, "Who ya gonna call? GhostBusters!" She sang it, "Who ya gonna call? NO Mustache!" That's what she thought it said and was convinced she was right. Even now when I hear that song, I want to sing, NO MUSTACHE!. And the song from Flashdance named "Maniac." Words are "She's a maniac, maniac on the dance floor." She had no idea what a maniac was, but the words to her sounded like "She's a medium, medium." Because she knew small, "medium", large. In high school, I was convinced the song by Jimmy Buffet (?) that said, "Stepped on a pop top, blew out my flip flop," was saying , "Stepped on a poptart, blew out my flip flop."

Also, I have typed depositions for over 20 years. I can't begin to describe all the times that I was certain the deposed person was saying one thing when in actuality they were saying something completely different! And they're in a quiet room (usually) with no commotion, engine noises, pumpers, sirens, people everywhere, radio transmissions, etc.

Point being, I think the power of persuasion is just that, powerful. With her thick tongue, burned throat and esophagus, I could easily believe that if she were trying to say Quentin (two syllables) it's possible to hear a two-syllable name that is more readily known like Eric than to hear Quentin. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1