MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'd call it a dead end. Three people allegedly saw her, or at least a little girl that looked like her. The man and the girl were gone by the time police arrived. They say FBI is following up. I imagine the hotel would have some info on who the room was rented too. But LE hasn't ruled it out as a false sighting yet.

I have some hope, because it's kind of unusual for a dad to be staying at a hotel alone with a toddler, no?

Like someone stated upthread, hotels and motels have cameras everywhere. LE could easily check those to see if the child seen was Myra. Another thing, when you check into a motel or hotel you need an active id and liscense tag number.

I that baby is Myra then she must be pretty outgoing to answer so freely and clearly at 2 yo. Most 2yos that I know are a bit more shy with strangers.

Takes us forever to get out of a store. My GS throws out that chubby little hand puts on a his biggest smile and yells "hi" to every person he sees. 28 months .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2 year olds would have never responded with that particular phrase. Maybe just said "Daddy" but not "that's my dad."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

My youngest would tell strangers "mimmy graby" (dad's name ) is my daddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just checked back in and got caught up on this thread, I really hoped Myra would be found safe by now!
I don't think Myra is still in the local area now, with all the searches been done you would think they would have found some trace!,

The sighting of little Myra is promising, has anything more been said regarding this?
Also, how far away from home was the sighting?

I have three kiddies,two girls and a boy, my youngest was very friendly with strangers at that age, where my other two were shy.

Praying for some good news x

Yes, there doesn't appear to be much in the area for vacationing. Lot's of commercial/businesses. The article states the little girl was left in the room while the man went out for food, and there are plenty of fast food businesses close by. Hope they're looking at any and all video footage along the streets. It states there is a social security office nearby, I looked at what I think is the building and if I'm looking at the correct building there are other offices too. Do most of the SS offices have cameras?

The sign on the hotel stated nightly or weekly rates. Rates were economical I thought. Gas stations usually have video and there is one close by also, so out of all these businesses one should have caught the vehicle in question. I so hope they are close on the trail, if even to rule Myra out.

BBM
Agreed!!
Whether this is Myra or not, sounds like this man should be found, questioned, and the child should be evaluated. Who leaves a child of that age alone in a hotel room? I didn't read the article...just going off post.

JMO

If people thought this might be little Myra why did they wait to call in the tip? Did they just wait while the girl was in the room alone and not call anyone? Did they just wait while the man spent the night got up and left with little girl ? My goodness, a child is missing! If it turned out not to be Myra, no harm done in having police confirm that this baby is ok and really with her Daddy.

If people thought this might be little Myra why did they wait to call in the tip? Did they just wait while the girl was in the room alone and not call anyone? Did they just wait while the man spent the night got up and left with little girl ? My goodness, a child is missing! If it turned out not to be Myra, no harm done in having police confirm that this baby is ok and really with her Daddy.

I am very confused by these "sightings." They first were reported as happening on Monday, but then if you watch the video, it is stated that the "man" left the girl in the room all the time while he goes to the store and she never left the room until yesterday. But, she also plays outside the room. Three people happen to see. Also, when and why would someone ask her who is that man with you? And where was the man when the question was asked, since the only spot she could be was outside the room?

Just thinking....if this was her dad or someone who abducted her and told her he was her dad, wouldn't he be watching her and not leaving her alone "all the time" in the room for someone to notice? And if they knew she was alone, even if it wasn't Myra, why didn't they call 911? Wasn't her face on tv in Memphis on Sat, Sun, and Mon and for the last 10 days? People, especially children that are missing and 2-3 hrs from me, are shown on tv by me. I don't believe that it was her and I certainly hope that they really believed that it was her. My friend who works in the FBI was telling me today that once a reward is offered people make up sightings all the time in hopes that theirs will lead to the person being found. What they don't realize is their lie, can and will get them in the trouble, as they are taking time and resources away from the investigation. I hope this really was her, but I based on everything I have heard so far, my gut is saying no.

I that baby is Myra then she must be pretty outgoing to answer so freely and clearly at 2 yo. Most 2yos that I know are a bit more shy with strangers.

Yes, I agree. Especially if they're scared, which a 2 y.o. would be if she had been kidnapped by a stranger. I wouldn't think a child yanked from her home would be so quick to talk to strangers. And all the kids I know that age don't say 'dad', they call their father "daddy." Kids don't generally shorten the name until they are a bit older. This makes me wonder, could it actually be her bio dad, and she has been around him enough to know he is really her daddy? Did he just tell her he was her real daddy? Or did he tell her what to say in case someone asked?

My guess is, this is not our Myra, it's some other child with her daddy for some reason. Even though it's kind of out of the ordinary for a guy to be traveling with his own child without the mother, it's possible, I guess.

How does JVM justify ' snatched from her yard' ? Has LE said it is an abduction for sure >? tia

Ditto to all of the comments about the sighting. The local radio station in Jackson 102.9FM did a quick clip and stated that there had been a significant increase in calls/tips since the $20K offer.

My question to these people...Did you ask her what her name was?

I have told myself over and over....if I see a child that looks like Myra...call out her name.

How does JVM justify ' snatched from her yard' ? Has LE said it is an abduction for sure >? tia

After listening to the piece I didn't get the impression that she or anyone on her show thought this child was abducted. I think the word snatched as in vanished/disappeared. Or she may have used it because that is what the family believes. But, if you think about it the child was reported by her mother as last seen in the front yard. So, unless it's believed that she wandered off someone did snatch her and what happened next is a mystery. It depends if you believe she is alive or not. Now, if it was someone she knows, is the word still snatch?

I think it was not the best choice of words, but it makes people read and listen.

Yes, I agree. Especially if they're scared, which a 2 y.o. would be if she had been kidnapped by a stranger. I wouldn't think a child yanked from her home would be so quick to talk to strangers. And all the kids I know that age don't say 'dad', they call their father "daddy." Kids don't generally shorten the name until they are a bit older. This makes me wonder, could it actually be her bio dad, and she has been around him enough to know he is really her daddy? Did he just tell her he was her real daddy? Or did he tell her what to say in case someone asked?

My guess is, this is not our Myra, it's some other child with her daddy for some reason. Even though it's kind of out of the ordinary for a guy to be traveling with his own child without the mother, it's possible, I guess.

I agree that a two year old with a stranger would probably be frightened. My son has always called his father dad, so I don't find that unusual. Not every child has the mother in the picture. Also, the hotel could have been the drop off location for visitation with her father. I don't think the child is Myra, so I'm thinking why those people would be at the hotel.

I don't know if I'd call it a dead end. Three people allegedly saw her, or at least a little girl that looked like her. The man and the girl were gone by the time police arrived. They say FBI is following up. I imagine the hotel would have some info on who the room was rented too. But LE hasn't ruled it out as a false sighting yet.

I have some hope, because it's kind of unusual for a dad to be staying at a hotel alone with a toddler, no?

Yeah, that's what I meant. When I said 'dead end', I only meant that they were already gone. (Whoever THEY are).

I have just seen so many so-called sightings in most every missing child case, that I tend to not get my hopes up. Here's to hoping I am dead wrong.

I still tend to lead towards other 'suspects' and :angel::silenced:

Heard about the reported sighting in Memphis on the local news last night and got me wondering....

Could the rumors of a bio father really be true and he took her? Or he just thinks he's the bio father for some reason?
I've heard that the man and child had been at the hotel since last week but Myra's story had only just aired in Memphis for the first time and when employee saw it, called it in.

I sure don't know if it was Myra but this does give me some hope. I would much rather believe someone like that (loves her and taking care of her) has her rather than countless other possibilities.

Not sure about mom's current state of incarceration... thought she got out Monday.

No offense to those who like JVM, NG, etc....But please...don't ever take what they say as 'fact'. They get so many details wrong in these cases, it makes your head spin.

Heard about the reported sighting in Memphis on the local news last night and got me wondering....

Could the rumors of a bio father really be true and he took her? Or he just thinks he's the bio father for some reason?
I've heard that the man and child had been at the hotel since last week but Myra's story had only just aired in Memphis for the first time and when employee saw it, called it in.

I sure don't know if it was Myra but this does give me some hope. I would much rather believe someone like that (loves her and taking care of her) has her rather than countless other possibilities.

Not sure about mom's current state of incarceration... thought she got out Monday.

http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mi...ing-toddler-in-memphis/24926602#ixzz2vhOVzfMQ

snip

Myra's mother is in jail. She bonded out on $5,000, but the Department of Human Services put a hold on her for other charges. The parents' two other children are in DHS custody.

It was stated that the employee phoned police after 'she' saw Myra on TV as a missing person. Also in the article, the have collected video. Let me copy the http, on Win 8 and still don't know how to link.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/24948061/mpd-confirms-reported-sighting-of-missing-2-year-old

(WMC-TV) - Police investigated a report that missing 2-year-old Myra Lewis was seen Tuesday at Discovery Inn, which is a South Memphis motel.

$20,000 reward offered in case of missing 2-year-old girl
[modsnip]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads