GUILTY MS - Officers Benjamin Deen, 34, & Liquori Tate, 25, slain, Hattiesburg, 9 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CEsltLlVAAArAWv.jpg:large

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 23m 23 minutes ago

Continued prayers for Hattiesburg Police Department. Will be a tough week for all. #Pray4HPD

:rose: :rose:

Mississippi city mourns 2 officers slain in weekend shooting

http://www.wlox.com/story/29028065/mississippi-city-mourns-2-officers-slain-in-weekend-shooting

HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) - With lowered flags and prayers, a southern Mississippi city is mourning two police officers, while the four people arrested after their shooting deaths await an initial court appearance Monday.
(snip)
Nearby, bloodstains still marked the asphalt where gunfire erupted Saturday night during what authorities described as a routine traffic stop gone awry.
----------
more at link

And my new thread on this was deleted. Wonder why?

I have no idea why it was deleted, but I can't imagine anyone on here would be okay with such a disgusting tweet. I see Subway fired her. I don't even want to know why some people feel it is okay to say such things, let alone put it on the internet.

CEu_klLWYAAYvZK.jpg:large

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 7m 7 minutes ago

Mary Smith, mother of Curtis & Marvin Banks speaks out. Pair jailed on charges for the murder of 2 HPD officers.

i'm assuming a link is to follow.......

I'm curious to see why both Marvin and Joanie are charged with 2 counts of capital murder and Curtis is charged with being an accessory after the fact. The Clarion Ledger article says all three were in the car, so that makes you wonder if she shot too. IMO

ETA At any rate, I think Curtis is going to talk up a storm if he didn't actually shoot anyone.

RSBM

I also am very curious about these charges. I'm so hoping that Curtis did not want to be involved with the shooting, or it took him by surprise. Just do not want to accept that there are that many people in one sitting that are capable of this cruel act. My hope is Curtis was freaked out, possibly in fear for his own life. If that would be the case, I would think he'd be talking and his testimony would secure a guilty verdict.

I want to know why these people were driving around with guns, felons right? I want to know if there were any comments of premeditated murder. This is a case, if found guilty, I fully support the DP. No way should these people capable of this act be able to every again walk the streets, the same streets our children walk.

This case is really affecting me.

After now reading this whole thread...can I say I am rather dismayed?

When someone is killed by police - and even when not - there are memorials that are put together and inundated with flowers and other items. Often in just a few hours!

Yet 2 police officers are killed...and there are a couple of bouquets and balloons??? WHY????? Where are the local people?? They don't have to be outraged enough to start marching in the streets...but what about paying respect????

God Bless those families...and colleagues!

If you go to this FB page, Hattiesburg Patriot, you can see two videos interviewing the Banks' boys mother. She and other people in the video say that her sons have been involved in heavy drug use.

https://www.facebook.com/HattiesburgPatriot?fref=ts

The Hattiesburg Patriot is a local, rather conservative, small news publication.

When someone is killed by police - and even when not - there are memorials that are put together and inundated with flowers and other items. Often in just a few hours!

Yet 2 police officers are killed...and there are a couple of bouquets and balloons??? WHY????? Where are the local people?? They don't have to be outraged enough to start marching in the streets...but what about paying respect????

The area isn't safe. I wouldn't go there, either. There is going to be a vigil held today, I think, at another location. I've been out of the 'Burg for 16 years and it wasn't safe back then. My mom works nearby.

"Am I dying? I know I'm dying. Just hand me my walkie-talkie."

This just tore me up. Does anyone know which officer said these words? I really need to put a face to these words. So touching, and so sad ~ he cared so much for his service. What a shame to lose these men.

My son is a Police Officer in NJ and this week Officers from all over the country ride their bikes to Washington DC to honor their fallen brothers..
My son has made this trip many years on his bicycle but this year is leading by Motorcycle to aid in keeping these brave men and women safely to the the ceremonies.
Hearing of this horrific incident has broken my heart...

RSBM

I also am very curious about these charges. I'm so hoping that Curtis did not want to be involved with the shooting, or it took him by surprise. Just do not want to accept that there are that many people in one sitting that are capable of this cruel act. My hope is Curtis was freaked out, possibly in fear for his own life. If that would be the case, I would think he'd be talking and his testimony would secure a guilty verdict.

I want to know why these people were driving around with guns, felons right? I want to know if there were any comments of premeditated murder. This is a case, if found guilty, I fully support the DP. No way should these people capable of this act be able to every again walk the streets, the same streets our children walk.

This case is really affecting me.

Right. That's what I hope too, that maybe he was just in the car and got taken by surprise by what his brother or Joanie did and then freaked out and fled with them. His life is still completely ruined even if that is the case because of the company he chose to be in and he should have gotten out and tried to help the officers or called an ambulance and seperated himself from the other two.

And yes, they are both felons. Most recent arrest that I've seen was for selling crack cocaine. I believe that was in 2013. There are also prior weapon and gun charges from what I recall in an earlier CL article posted.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

There are many ways to show respect and to grieve. Leaving flowers at the scene of the crime is NOT how I would do so. I made a donation to a local charity which cares for the family of fallen officers, and runs a camp for the children who lost a parent. I would much rather do that then create a huge mess alongside the road. I don't think that leaving a bouquet of flowers is the only way or the best way to show respect for a fallen officer. JMO

"Am I dying? I know I'm dying. Just hand me my walkie-talkie."

This just tore me up. Does anyone know which officer said these words? I really need to put a face to these words. So touching, and so sad ~ he cared so much for his service. What a shame to lose these men.

Those words got to me too. I thank those people that stopped to offer their assistance, this officer didn't die alone. Thank you citizens so much.

If you go to this FB page, Hattiesburg Patriot, you can see two videos interviewing the Banks' boys mother. She and other people in the video say that her sons have been involved in heavy drug use.

https://www.facebook.com/HattiesburgPatriot?fref=ts

The Hattiesburg Patriot is a local, rather conservative, small news publication.

Thank's for the link. I feel sorry for this woman, but just cause her sons were on drugs is no excuse. She also said her sons hate the police, and I think that's the real reason they murdered these two Police Officers. There's lots of heavy drug users who don't kill cops.

There are many ways to show respect and to grieve. Leaving flowers at the scene of the crime is NOT how I would do so. I made a donation to a local charity which cares for the family of fallen officers, and runs a camp for the children who lost a parent. I would much rather do that then create a huge mess alongside the road. I don't think that leaving a bouquet of flowers is the only way or the best way to show respect for a fallen officer. JMO

That may be more appropriate. But in today's world, these Memorials at the place of the crime is something that has become symbolic.

A local person posted above that it is a dangerous area. That may be why people haven't gone there. I don't know. I am just heartbroken. This cannot be the answer to some other issues.

Those words got to me too. I thank those people that stopped to offer their assistance, this officer didn't die alone. Thank you citizens so much.
My mom said (and this is local rumor, so I'm not sure if she read it or heard it) but that the people who helped saw the cops laying there, but hid because they were afraid maybe the shooters would shoot them, too. They then courageously went back to help the fallen officers. Honestly, if it had been me, I would have been terrified to help at first, as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back