GUILTY MS - Officers Benjamin Deen, 34, & Liquori Tate, 25, slain, Hattiesburg, 9 May 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 26m 26 minutes ago

Joanie Calloway is up next for her initial.

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 25m 25 minutes ago

Calloway's charges were reduced to accessory after the fact of capital murder.

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 23m 23 minutes ago

Calloway allegedly helped Marvin Banks knowing he helped kill officers Deen and Tate.

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 23m 23 minutes ago

Calloway's bond set at $75,000 in connection to the shooting death of HPD officers Deen and Tate.

then marvin banks the shooter was brought in..............

Ryan MooreVerified account
‏@RyanMooreMS

All 4 suspects have been remanded into custody of the Forrest County Sheriff's department.

MBI releases preliminary autopsy report of slain officers

http://www.wdam.com/story/29034008/mbi-releases-preliminary-autopsy-report-of-slain-officers

According to the preliminary report from MBI, one officer was shot in the face, and the other in the back.

Thanks QB for all of this info. This is just so sad. I read in one article it said that one of the officers was shot "around his vest". I wondered what it meant. There is just no way to keep them 100% safe, and still be able to do their jobs.

CEwSg6EUIAA3boA.jpg:large

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 12m 12 minutes ago

As the fallen HPD officers head home, multiple agencies are helping block intersections in route to Hattiesburg.

:rose: :rose:

:cry:

CEwdrYmUIAAg6Pc.jpg:large

Ryan Moore retweeted
Jessica Bowman @JessicaBowmanTV · 1h 1 hour ago

Pearl PD among many others pay their respects to Hattiesburg fallen officers #ThinBlueLine

CEwlhQGUUAAdYpX.jpg:large

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 43m 43 minutes ago

Officers line the street as officer Deen returns home. #Pray4HPD

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 28m 28 minutes ago

Officer Deen died of a penetrating gunshot wound to the face, according to Cororner Butch Benedict, manner of death- homicide. #WDAM

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 27m 27 minutes ago

Officer Tate died of a penetrating gunshot wound to the torso, according to Cororner Butch Benedict, manner of death- homicide. #WDAM

Officer Deen was a K9 officer, where was his K9 partner during all of this?

I have avoided posting this question cause I didn't want to know - but I am assuming if Tomi was killed, we would have a report of 3 officers.

I know Tomi must be so confused. Anyone know what happens in these cases? Will Tomi get another partner? Or retire?

I have avoided posting this question cause I didn't want to know - but I am assuming if Tomi was killed, we would have a report of 3 officers.

I know Tomi must be so confused. Anyone know what happens in these cases? Will Tomi get another partner? Or retire?

If Tomi is young he will likely get another partner, those dogs are very expensive.

Then again if the officer's family wants to keep the dog who knows. I would like to think special arrangements would be made to accommodate Tomi and the family under the circumstances. Those dogs live to work so maybe a new partner but still living with the same family. That might be the ideal situation.

And yes the dog likely wasn't harmed, we would have heard about it otherwise.

If Tomi is young he will likely get another partner, those dogs are very expensive.

Then again if the officer's family wants to keep the dog who knows. I would like to think special arrangements would be made to accommodate Tomi and the family under the circumstances. Those dogs live to work so maybe a new partner but still living with the same family. That might be the ideal situation.

And yes the dog likely wasn't harmed, we would have heard about it otherwise.

I am also sure we would have heard if the dog was harmed.

Tomi can't have been there - there's been no mention of him has there? I don't think the K9s work every single shift that their people do. Poor boy.

I read somewhere (think it was on the Hattisburg PD FB in response to a comment) that Tomi died of cancer. IMO MOO JMO for now. I'll try to re-find it

Went back and looked and it's under that top post on their FB page, a comment from 22 hours ago asked where Tomi was and someone named Aimee replied that Tomi died of cancer.

CEw3_6XVAAAynII.jpg:large

CEw5IdaUMAAKzOP.jpg:large

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 14h 14 hours ago

Hattiesburg Police Officers salute their fallen brother Benjamin Deen as he returns home. Photo by Ryan Moore

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back