MSM coverage of Baby Lisa 10/28/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all the way in Switzerland and have heard of Tina Porter.

My God, I need to stop hanging out on websleuths and other true crime forums and go clean something.

LOL. But don't go!

If I were in this position, with this many people in the world hating me (and presuming my guilt) whether I was guilty or innocent I wouldn't let anyone near me for fear someone might want to handle justice themselves. JMO but it would be insane to let someone in your house when under the spotlight that they are under.

Like I said, I wouldn't even do them the honors of opening the door if I didn't know them.

It says that she left the door and then went back, which is when police were called. If she walked away- went straight to a group of reporters- and then went back up to the door, that would certainly justify calling police IMO. Especially if i didn't know who she was.

but like Middle said, i doubt Ms. Porter would have even approached them if she didn't at least suspect a possibility of innocence. No doubt her heart is in the right place. I can respect her passion for helping, without a doubt.

Start the violins....poor Deb and J are so mistreated. They have made it perfectly clear that they don't want any local help. They have their media darling, JT, and the national media. I would LOVE for them to be shunned until they start helping to find their daughter. But, that won't happen. Too many supporters and fans who will continue to cheer their efforts to hide what happened to Lisa....I'll never understand how an innocent little baby can be pushed in the background in favor of the parents....I just can't understand it.

My God, I need to stop hanging out on websleuths and other true crime forums and go clean something.

I border MO and I had to google a few days ago. :blushing:

This is my first time following this sort of case aside from just seeing various facebook links/updates.

I don't think Tina Porter would be putting herself out there if she really thought the parents were guilty. I respect her immensely but she needs to understand that these people are hounded by every kook imaginable right now. She just needs to go through the proper channels like everybody else. Yes, I think the family needs to do something for the public, but going up to their door isn't going to make them come out. In fact, it probably makes them retreat even more.

To be honest look at what the people who they have "let" in have done to them. I do think the DB and JI have no idea what to do and at this point it doesn't matter what they do because in the eyes of many..they are responsible for what happened to Baby Lisa.

I for one think they are doing the right thing by not letting anyone access to them. Many are saying they should be in the press begging for the return of their baby but when they do appear they are torn down, made fun of and accused of lying. At this point it is best if they continue to let the TH keep Lisa on the front page and lay low.

IMO these parents are in way over their heads and being led by people who just want their 15 minutes of fame.

I have never heard of Tina Porter. Course I am all the way in Texas. But, can you provide me a link and I will look her up. As a matter of fact there are people all around me that have never heard of Lisa Irwin. Now I find that incredible, but they do not follow these cases. Yes, they hear about them on the news in passing, but to hear about them and all the details daily they do not. I am sure DB was referring to the Casey Anthony case when she said she knew about these cases, and who in the world has not heard that crap. But, just to follow all these cases you would have to be on a forum like this. And if she was on a forum, I am sure she still is. jmo

If I were in this position, with this many people in the world hating me (and presuming my guilt) whether I was guilty or innocent I wouldn't let anyone near me for fear someone might want to handle justice themselves. JMO but it would be insane to let someone in your house when under the spotlight that they are under.

Like I said, I wouldn't even do them the honors of opening the door if I didn't know them.

It says that she left the door and then went back, which is when police were called. If she walked away- went straight to a group of reporters- and then went back up to the door, that would certainly justify calling police IMO. Especially if i didn't know who she was.

but like Middle said, i doubt Ms. Porter would have even approached them if she didn't at least suspect a possibility of innocence. No doubt her heart is in the right place. I can respect her passion for helping, without a doubt.
Yes, but I doubt they'd be willing to accept her help now, because of the way she bee-lined for the cameras. I'm not blaming them for that, or not allowing her in. They aren't obligated to allow anyone into their home at all.

If DB watches cases like this (which she has said she does), she would know Tina Porter or at least know her name. I don't live in Kansas City anymore, but when I did, very few people who listened to the news did not know of Tina and her precious children.

Did she say she followed missing children cases? My recollection is she said something like ones (missing children) she has seen on the news she suspected the parents. I have noticed a few posts mentioning she followed cases now.

ETA: I have followed cases for years, before I became a member here in 05 and I have not heard of Tina or her case.

I have never heard of Tina Porter. Course I am all the way in Texas. But, can you provide me a link and I will look her up. As a matter of fact there are people all around me that have never heard of Lisa Irwin. Now I find that incredible, but they do not follow these cases. Yes, they hear about them on the news in passing, but to hear about them and all the details daily they do not. I am sure DB was referring to the Casey Anthony case when she said she knew about these cases, and who in the world has not heard that crap. But, just to follow all these cases you would have to be on a forum like this. And if she was on a forum, I am sure she still is. jmo
Here's a basic article about the case.
http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2009/06/06/mother-remembers-children-killed-5-years-ago/

KrisKetz Kris Ketz
RT @woodsiecam: NY's Bill Stanton just packed up #LisaIrwin's family and took off in a caravan including what appeared to be two decoy cars.

Could have been.

The media isn't known for accurate reporting in this case.

Too true. I can't imagine they would admit the cops being called was their fault either.

Watching the news looks like attorneys moved the family to another location. Also looked like it was DB brother who answered the door to Tina.

BBM
To be honest look at what the people who they have "let" in have done to them. I do think the DB and JI have no idea what to do and at this point it doesn't matter what they do because in the eyes of many..they are responsible for what happened to Baby Lisa.

I for one think they are doing the right thing by not letting anyone access to them. Many are saying they should be in the press begging for the return of their baby but when they do appear they are torn down, made fun of and accused of lying. At this point it is best if they continue to let the TH keep Lisa on the front page and lay low.

IMO these parents are in way over their heads and being led by people who just want their 15 minutes of fame.
Would a bunch of strangers trash talk matter to you when your baby's life is at risk?

Because personally, I wouldn't give a F---.

Well, I follow missing children's cases, have for years, live in the area, and am considerably older than JI and DB and I have NEVER heard of this woman before the last few pages of this thread. It can not be expected that anyone in that house has any knowledge of her either. If a person is TRULY compassionate and wanting to help, then they should realize that the family needs to be contacted correctly, allowed to confirm that the person IS WHO THEY CLAIM TO BE, and be allowed to meet with them on their own time and decision. Common courtesy and respect is a simple thing.......and the RIGHT thing no matter what the situation.

jmo

..i would think deborah and jeremy are following the news on their own daughter's missing case.

..and probably caught tina's video yesterday.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15888077/two-parents-share-their-stories-similar-to-case
Two parents share their stories similar to case

In 2004 Tina Porter faced every parent's nightmare, her children were missing. Now she is urging baby Lisa's parents to use every resource available.

She said even though it was tough to put herself out there day after day, Porter believes Lisa's parents should embrace the help of fellow Kansas Citians in the search.

"They see me handing out fliers. They see me with the buttons. Every time there was something going on I was there. It is good for the public to see. They want to know what all are you doing," said Porter. "Guess who was behind me? It was the community. And for whatever reason that gave me the strength to get up and do what I had to do."

Porter would also like to see Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley embrace local media as well.

"It is good for the public to see you. When they see you they see your kids," Porter said. "They are not using the local media. I used every one of the local channels. I partnered with all the local channels so I could get as much coverage as I could."

--------it sounds to me that they aren't talking to anyone-----unless they've run it by joeNY.

I border MO and I had to google a few days ago. :blushing:

This is my first time following this sort of case aside from just seeing various facebook links/updates.

Had to read that three times for it to not say "In border My Opinion" to me. This case is getting to me!:crazy:

KrisKetz Kris Ketz
RT @woodsiecam: NY's Bill Stanton just packed up #LisaIrwin's family and took off in a caravan including what appeared to be two decoy cars.

Party time!! Whoo-Hoo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member