DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for O/T :

Happy Veterans Day !

Thank You for Your Service !

But even this isn't happening...

And that is what keeps me on the fence.

I have seen people commenting that this case (and others) isn't covered by their local news, but why would your local news cover a story that isn't local? Have there been pasts cases that happened in other states that were covered by your local news?

Right, they do. But asking is one thing... accusing them of lying... and then lying to them at the same time, is quite another.
Showing DB burnt clothes and suggesting they were baby Lisa's... that's a low blow. Especially since they waited 2 weeks to even take the dumpster in to be checked.
I do not like this LE's tactics much, and I usually defend LE in most cases. Because most of them do a pretty good job. Here... not so much.

I must be missing something because I don't see why it was so bad to show her the burnt clothes. If I had a child missing and they found burnt clothes I'd absolutely want to see them. Who else is going to be able to identify them or say no, they're not Lisa's but her mother who dressed her for bed, and was apparently the only one to see her in them?

If they were charred beyond all recognition then how does she know LE was lying to her and they're in fact not Lisa's unless she knows what happened to Lisa's clothing? If an abductor took Lisa how does she know he didn't burn the clothes?

Anyway, apparently they do not know after all because of this video.
abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-baby-lisa-irwins-birthday-attorney-joe-tacopina-14931210
In the GMA interview today Joe Tacopina lists the dumpster fire with clothes in it as one of the viable leads that to him are overwhelmingly powerful and he doesn't understand why they're not being pursued more.

So, either LE lied and showed her some unrelated burnt clothes or the clothes are an overwhelmingly powerful lead. They can't have it both ways IMO.

Another piece of spin that strikes me about this video is JT is saying the parents have consented to every DNA swab they've been asked.

Well fine but why haven't the boys been swabbed by now then?

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...iew-half-brothers-of-lisa-irwin#ixzz1dNWpbrFg
A police spokesman described the development a "baby step," saying detectives still want to test the boys for DNA and bring in both parents for new interviews.

Consenting means nothing if you don't actually let them do it.

abc_gma_lisa_111111_wl.jpg

Wishing Lisa to be found on her birthday...

Tacopina says LE hasn't followed up on Jersey, MW call, sightings... I don't know how he can make that statement in MSM today when we all know from previous MSM releases that they tracked down Jersey, investigated him and still have him in custody on an unrelated charged. MW was tracked down (as the owner of an untraceable number that was called by a stolen phone), raided by the FBI, and questioned at least 4 times, possibly for more than 19 hours. LE investigated at least a sighting report from California and an early sighting of two women with a baby in a restaurant (determined not to be Lisa). LE has investigated about 1,000 leads. The neighbor couple havent' been able to identify anyone yet, but Mike T identified someone from a photo line-up. Based on the statement of Abeyta and Spellman, the man Mike T presumably identified has been investigated thoroughly. Not to mention mutiple and repeated searches in the area, interviews with both Shane and Dane, DNA swabbing the teen neighbor... And, that's just what we know about. Tacopina's statement about LE failing to follow up leads is a falsehood, unless he's still suggesting the blob video is the key to finding Lisa (and, for all we know, LE might already know the identity of the poor blob).

What haven't LE been able to investigate thoroughly? The parents; they stopped talking when Debbi was accused because she couldn't clear up "gaps" and "inconsistencies" in her time line. SOP to accuse her to see if she will spill something she might know about Lisa if she's got gaps, inconsistencies, and a possible failed LDT and she can't/won't clear them up. Over a month later with 2 lawyers, and Debbi is more sensitive about having been accused than about the fate/life of her missing child? Tacopina didn't say in his statement today that LE wants to restrict the parents from having lawyers present. If that were the case, he surely would have said it, imo. Instead, the "restriction" seems to be talking to the parents seperately. Critical to the investigation and again SOP. No excuse for not doing it. None. JMO...

LE is not going to give the parents information about critical leads until the parents give LE honest and complete information. LE would never solve a crime if they gave that type of information to folks who aren't willing to cooperate and rule themselves out. JMO...

Can JT be sued for lying? Just wondering!

My only concern with the 'white blob' is whoever that person is hasn't (to our knowledge) presented himself/herself to LE and said 'yes, that was me and no I didn't have a baby'. If that person did already come forward, I don't understand why LE would at least announce that an individual has come forward and cleared that mystery.

Good point...I had not thought of that! (White blob coming forward, I mean.)

I must be missing something because I don't see why it was so bad to show her the burnt clothes. If I had a child missing and they found burnt clothes I'd absolutely want to see them. Who else is going to be able to identify them or say no, they're not Lisa's but her mother who dressed her for bed, and was apparently the only one to see her in them?

If they were charred beyond all recognition then how does she know LE was lying to her and they're in fact not Lisa's unless she knows what happened to Lisa's clothing? If an abductor took Lisa how does she know he didn't burn the clothes?

Anyway, apparently they do not know after all because of this video.
abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-baby-lisa-irwins-birthday-attorney-joe-tacopina-14931210
In the GMA interview today Joe Tacopina lists the dumpster fire with clothes in it as one of the viable leads that to him are overwhelmingly powerful and he doesn't understand why they're not being pursued more.

So, either LE lied and showed her some unrelated burnt clothes or the clothes are an overwhelmingly powerful lead. They can't have it both ways IMO.

Another piece of spin that strikes me about this video is JT is saying the parents have consented to every DNA swab they've been asked.

Well fine but why haven't the boys been swabbed by now then?

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...iew-half-brothers-of-lisa-irwin#ixzz1dNWpbrFg

Consenting means nothing if you don't actually let them do it.

If the cops thought the burnt clothing may be Lisa's, wouldn't that be evidence? Would they really show evidence to DB? Wouldn't possible evidence be handled very carefully to make sure it is preserved in case of trial or for further investigation?

Can JT be sued for lying? Just wondering!

Nah, no law against lying to media. Also, no law against spinning. He could just say that he doesn't consider LE has done everything they possibly could to follow up on all leads (whether he believes it or not) - making it an opinion.

Good point...I had not thought of that! (White blob coming forward, I mean.)

I have 2 theories on the white blob.

a. they have no clue they were video'd and have been mentioned in this case, which is pretty likely

b. they've seen the video, know it's them, know they can't be identified, have absolutely nothing to do with the case and could do without having their lives picked apart and accused when they aren't involved

If the cops thought the burnt clothing may be Lisa's, wouldn't that be evidence? Would they really show evidence to DB? Wouldn't possible evidence be handled very carefully to make sure it is preserved in case of trial or for further investigation?

How do we know it wasn't handled carefully?

JMO but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't show the clothes to the only witness who can possibly say if those clothes are the same ones she dressed Lisa in that evening.

If LE thought the burnt clothing was unconnected, and if they thought DB did it, whatever she did, I'm not sure why they'd think that showing her burnt clothing from a dumpster she knows she didn't burn Lisa's clothing in would make her confess.

That was an awful sentence but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

I see we have a pair of scapegoats, Jersey and MW. Not much else.

Has anybody heard/read about anyone at the school who saw DB with the boys and Lisa that day? Normally, I'd assume school or bus stop would be a place twice a day for a SAHM with young kids.

Can anyone here confirm that Fox News is reporting that the parents' attorneys have announced they are now suspects? Heard this was just broadcast.

I see we have a pair of scapegoats, Jersey and MW. Not much else.

Now now, let's not count our chickens before they are hatched...we might have TWO pair, if we can make anything stick to JB and Shane. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member