MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe the way JT just put all that info together in a nice little package, omitting details and making up some of his own that fit better than the truth, to pretty much tell the viewing audience...aha..it was Jersey. Does JT really expect people to believe that 3-4 LE agencies are that dense that they haven't checked this all out? JT really gets on my last nerve every time he speaks. :furious:

MOO

this is so confusing to me who is the liar here, the lawyer or the cops? or both?

abc_gma_lisa_111111_wl.jpg

Wishing Lisa to be found on her birthday...

Tacopina says LE hasn't followed up on Jersey, MW call, sightings... I don't know how he can make that statement in MSM today when we all know from previous MSM releases that they tracked down Jersey, investigated him and still have him in custody on an unrelated charged. MW was tracked down (as the owner of an untraceable number that was called by a stolen phone), raided by the FBI, and questioned at least 4 times, possibly for more than 19 hours. LE investigated at least a sighting report from California and an early sighting of two women with a baby in a restaurant (determined not to be Lisa). LE has investigated about 1,000 leads. The neighbor couple havent' been able to identify anyone yet, but Mike T identified someone from a photo line-up. Based on the statement of Abeyta and Spellman, the man Mike T presumably identified has been investigated thoroughly. Not to mention mutiple and repeated searches in the area, interviews with both Shane and Dane, DNA swabbing the teen neighbor... And, that's just what we know about. Tacopina's statement about LE failing to follow up leads is a falsehood, unless he's still suggesting the blob video is the key to finding Lisa (and, for all we know, LE might already know the identity of the poor blob).

What haven't LE been able to investigate thoroughly? The parents; they stopped talking when Debbi was accused because she couldn't clear up "gaps" and "inconsistencies" in her time line. SOP to accuse her to see if she will spill something she might know about Lisa if she's got gaps, inconsistencies, and a possible failed LDT and she can't/won't clear them up. Over a month later with 2 lawyers, and Debbi is more sensitive about having been accused than about the fate/life of her missing child? Tacopina didn't say in his statement today that LE wants to restrict the parents from having lawyers present. If that were the case, he surely would have said it, imo. Instead, the "restriction" seems to be talking to the parents seperately. Critical to the investigation and again SOP. No excuse for not doing it. None. JMO...

LE is not going to give the parents information about critical leads until the parents give LE honest and complete information. LE would never solve a crime if they gave that type of information to folks who aren't willing to cooperate and rule themselves out. JMO...

Joe T has a tendency to twists things around to lead the story in another direction. It is very possible that LE called them to the station with new evidence, of which, could have been to show them "ping from the cellphone" or "burnt clothing". That would be considered new evidence, however, Joe T spun it his way, IMO.

"I see" said the blind man LOL

There would be no party at my home if my baby was missing.
Her party would be the day she was home in my arms alive & well!
I would be crying my heart out, pleading, praying, dedicating my life to
finding her 1 way or another.
I would celebrate the birth of my daughter in my heart.
A party without her prsence would be unbearable!
JMOO

Please no silly string.......my heart just can't take that again.

Oh, man! I thought of that as well, teh.

*I hope this day is a great one for Baby Lisa whether she is one of Heaven's Little Angels, or that this will be the day she is found. I prefer this to be the day she is found.

Yet again LE confirms they are cooperating, yet I doubt this will change the perception that they are not. Publicly at least.

I would love a lawyer to weigh in, but from what I understand once you exercise your right to an attorney there typically aren't hollywood style interrogations with an attorney sitting next to you. Typically questions are submitted through the attorney, and answered through the attorney. So they are behaving like pretty much anyone who has gotten an attorney throughout history but they are the first I've known of where that was publicly discussed by LE as if it were an abnormality... or that it means, by default, they have done nothing to help LE. It just means they are done with interrogation tactics, but helping otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think giving another interrogation or two would be a bad thing, that's not my point. And I'm glad LE keeps saying it, because I think it should be clarified.

There is a big BUT following LE saying they are co-operating. We can't just throw out that part of the statement!

They also haven't been as open with investigators as police would like, further complicating the search, Young said.

"I'm not saying they're not cooperating," he said. "They have met some of our needs. What I've been talking about specifically is sitting down, separate from each other, to be interviewed by detectives. In regard to that, no, that hasn't happen since the 8th of October."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-hunt-kansas-city-baby-steam-14926077#.Tr00nUPiG0s

this is so confusing to me who is the liar here, the lawyer or the cops? or both?

The lawyer, IMO, and the mother has told way too many versions of her story. I stand with LE and the FBI on this one.

MOO

I don't have a problem if the locals in the area go to the house and recognize that it is Baby Lisa's Birthday. We have seen this done before in missing children cases, and IIRC, the locals did it for Caylee, HaLeigh and Zahra.

There is a big BUT following LE saying they are co-operating. We can't just throw out that part of the statement!

I'm specifically addressing the "but" in my post :) The first TINY paragraph is about cooperating. The 2nd BIG paragraph is all about the "but" of LE wanting another interrogation. And yes, sitting down with detectives separately is an interrogation.

Obviously, since it was the focus of my post, I'm not throwing out part of the statement.

BBM Why should LE submit a list of questions they want answered? Two reasons I can think of; to allow the parents to practice their answers and to give the DT a heads up on their possible defense strategy. Neither of which makes sense to me if the parents have Lisa's best interest at heart.
MOO

I guess it depends on how badly LE wants answers to those questions? They answer all other questions according to LE..

Either way LE has it's reasons for it and I have to agree with them...I'd interview 100 times, the more one talks the more ones mind opens up... That's just my opinion though :0)

I agree 100% I do not understand people that think they have talked enough (DB and JI). The police need to speak with them. One thing that has caught my attention more than anything is the fact that LE does not ever get on TV to talk about this case. I am not sure why the secrecy (is this a small town police dept and they are not equipped to handle this type of crime? I dont live there so I dont know), but look at the Sky Metawala case and how the police are on TV all the time about that poor child. I think to put pressure on the parents the police or FBI or whoever needs to make daily briefings. At least a briefing a couple of times a week to keep this in the media because no one else is. I NEVER see anything on MSM here unless I quickly catch MK making a statement about the case (COMING UP, STAY TUNED, MORE INFO ON LISA IRWIN), then it turns out to be nothing new at all. I go to the local news pages and very rarely do they have any info up at all. Its time to smoke the parents out. I understand why LE wants them separately and thats because they can ask them both the same questions over and over again and see if they answer the same way as each other. Its also a tactic of saying "JI is giving you up right now in the other room, so you better come clean now while we can possibly make a deal".. Its a normal tactic they use and it works. Why do we care if we hurt these parents feelings with questions. Dont we want to find this child. It seems like we are the only ones. DB knows something and JI is covering. They need to get them separate and one more thing, can someone tell me why no one has told JI that he should get his OWN lawyer. This is going to become a conflict of interest. Guaranteed that if he had his own lawyer, his would be telling him to talk. They cannot share a lawyer like this. I have never seen anything like this before. Thanks for letting me rant.

They also haven't been as open with investigators as police would like, further complicating the search, Young said.

"I'm not saying they're not cooperating," he said. "They have met some of our needs. What I've been talking about specifically is sitting down, separate from each other, to be interviewed by detectives. In regard to that, no, that hasn't happen since the 8th of October."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-hunt-kansas-city-baby-steam-14926077#.Tr00nUPiG0s

I agree, that's a huge "BUT" you've got there teh! :cowcouch:

I guess it depends on how badly LE wants answers to those questions? They answer all other questions according to LE..

BBM

I think it depends on how badly the PARENTS want their daughter found......but that's just me. :banghead:

BBM

It's a bit like my husband saying, " We canned those pickles." I pick the cukes, I wash the cukes, I brine the cukes, I make the pickling solution, I wash the jars, I sterilize the jars, I fill the jars, I wipe the jars, I cap the jars. Hubby puts the jars into the water and takes them out when they are done. Thus, in his mind, he cans pickles. In MY mind, all he does is lift some jars out of the water. Did he HELP can them? Ummmm... maybe. If we REALLY stretch the definition of "help". :rolleyes:

BBM

I think it depends on how badly the PARENTS want their daughter found......but that's just me. :banghead:

YES!!! I'm so tired of this cat and mouse game. Today is Lisa's first birthday! She should be watching as balloons are filled and her cake made. She should toddle around and taste the frosting and, even at one year old, KNOW the day is all about her little self.

Self-preservation mode needs to go.

abc_gma_lisa_111111_wl.jpg

Wishing Lisa to be found on her birthday...

Tacopina says LE hasn't followed up on Jersey, MW call, sightings... I don't know how he can make that statement in MSM today when we all know from previous MSM releases that they tracked down Jersey, investigated him and still have him in custody on an unrelated charged. MW was tracked down (as the owner of an untraceable number that was called by a stolen phone), raided by the FBI, and questioned at least 4 times, possibly for more than 19 hours. LE investigated at least a sighting report from California and an early sighting of two women with a baby in a restaurant (determined not to be Lisa). LE has investigated about 1,000 leads. The neighbor couple havent' been able to identify anyone yet, but Mike T identified someone from a photo line-up. Based on the statement of Abeyta and Spellman, the man Mike T presumably identified has been investigated thoroughly. Not to mention mutiple and repeated searches in the area, interviews with both Shane and Dane, DNA swabbing the teen neighbor... And, that's just what we know about. Tacopina's statement about LE failing to follow up leads is a falsehood, unless he's still suggesting the blob video is the key to finding Lisa (and, for all we know, LE might already know the identity of the poor blob).

What haven't LE been able to investigate thoroughly? The parents; they stopped talking when Debbi was accused because she couldn't clear up "gaps" and "inconsistencies" in her time line. SOP to accuse her to see if she will spill something she might know about Lisa if she's got gaps, inconsistencies, and a possible failed LDT and she can't/won't clear them up. Over a month later with 2 lawyers, and Debbi is more sensitive about having been accused than about the fate/life of her missing child? Tacopina didn't say in his statement today that LE wants to restrict the parents from having lawyers present. If that were the case, he surely would have said it, imo. Instead, the "restriction" seems to be talking to the parents seperately. Critical to the investigation and again SOP. No excuse for not doing it. None. JMO...

LE is not going to give the parents information about critical leads until the parents give LE honest and complete information. LE would never solve a crime if they gave that type of information to folks who aren't willing to cooperate and rule themselves out. JMO...

My only concern with the 'white blob' is whoever that person is hasn't (to our knowledge) presented himself/herself to LE and said 'yes, that was me and no I didn't have a baby'. If that person did already come forward, I don't understand why LE would at least announce that an individual has come forward and cleared that mystery.

Logically though, the only way an interrogation will help find their daughter is if they did it, AND were willing to admit to it. If they are innocent they can't provide it, and if they are guilty they wouldn't provide it.

Otherwise, any question that could add clues or information could be done outside of an interrogation- with which LE has their cooperation.

Not interrogating does not equate to "not being willing to help find their daughter" imo.

There would be no party at my home if my baby was missing.
Her party would be the day she was home in my arms alive & well!
I would be crying my heart out, pleading, praying, dedicating my life to
finding her 1 way or another.
I would celebrate the birth of my daughter in my heart.
A party without her prsence would be unbearable!
JMOO

I would be desolate and no party would be going on in my presence. That is bull hockey. Who celebrates when their daughter is missing??? Come on people, really???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810