MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/4/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but I think Spellman wanted to break his new names on national TV. If true, that does not impress me one little bit.

JMO

I'm sorry, but I think Spellman wanted to break his new names on national TV. If true, that does not impress me one little bit.

JMO

He's a paid newsperson. If his network wants him to do that, he has no choice if he wants to keep his job. They are the ones paying him to be down there doing all this legwork.

MOO

Per the video of our own WSer who drove to the river though, I do think it's possible that BL body could easily have been disposed of in the river. I watched that video and it's not that far driving to the river and we don't know that PN couldn't have taken the body away to the river. I think the 8:30 phone call was to MW phone looking for PN.

I think that it would be rare for a parent to dispose of their own in a river. Wouldn't you want the body to be in the ground? Somewhere they cen go to later in life?

He's a paid newsperson. If his network wants him to do that, he has no choice if he wants to keep his job. They are the ones paying him to be down there doing all this legwork.

MOO

BBM:

I just mean I am so not impressed by Spellmen not coming through with the names after telling everyone to look for it.

He could always just tell us the truth.

JMO

True that lol!

But....I thought i read he came home and found the door unlocked lights on.

He said he checked on the boys... not lisa went in to debs room..

If thats fact i think what really happened was he came home to find the door unlocked and lights on,,, he goes in to debs room and sees the baby dead and Deb drunk and passed out...He runs to check on the boys... does not go to lisa room... gets deb up and moving and they then decide to cover this up..

JMO but food for thought

I really think she maybe rolled over on the baby in her sleep...

I can see that as a valid theory, but in that case, why race like a maniac to hide the evidence and call 911 within 20 minutes of arriving home? They had until 7:30 a.m. or so, until the boys woke up, to pretend to discover she was kidnapped, if in fact she wasn't. He'd be so busy disposing of the remains that they wouldn't have time to come up with a "script" of what happened.

I just think if they disposed of her remains, they would have waited until dawn to use all the time available before calling LE. Coming up with the "plan" of disposing of the phones with her body, etc. Meanwhile, I believe, she would have appeared too drunk and hazy to Jeremy to be able to believably pull this off.

I think that it would be rare for a parent to dispose of their own in a river. Wouldn't you want the body to be in the ground? Somewhere they cen go to later in life?

That would make sense but someone posted a link previously in another thread about the differences between men and women and where they tend to bury children. And this article said women tend to wrap the children and to place them in water, where as men tend to bury them. I hope I am remembering it correctly. Did anyone else see that article and link. I cannot remember which thread I saw it in.

Why not Saturday or Sunday -- unless the information has to be verified by LE our legal sources? Tells me that he can't just verify off the seat of his pants so to speak.

I wonder what it is :)

Mel

I'm curious too. I don't understand why court hours would affect his release unless he needs to very information about a person(s) from a sealed criminal record, or legal authorization from LE to release certain info to the public.

Do reporters ever need legal authorization from LE to release information to the public? I know they can be compelled legally NOT to release information in certain cases, but I think they're free to release anything they can stand behind until such time as a ban or gag is mandated to prohibit information related to that case.

Maybe I should go to the Legal forum?

I'm curious too. I don't understand why court hours would affect his release unless he needs to very information about a person(s) from a sealed criminal record, or legal authorization from LE to release certain info to the public.

Do reporters ever need legal authorization from LE to release information to the public? I know they can be compelled legally NOT to release information in certain cases, but I think they're free to release anything they can stand behind until such time as a ban or gag is mandated to prohibit information related to that case.

Maybe I should go to the Legal forum?

I can think of a lot of reasons to have to get something from the courts - eviction notices, restraining orders, sales of property, birth records, arrest records, permission to access police reports, etc. It seems like the list of possibilities is endless . .

BBM:

I just mean I am so not impressed by Spellmen not coming through with the names after telling everyone to look for it.

JMO

I appreciate that he takes the time to verify info, and admits when he's made a mistake.

I can think of a lot of reasons to have to get something from the courts - eviction notices, restraining orders, sales of property, birth records, arrest records, permission to access police reports, etc. It seems like the list of possibilities is endless . .

Thanks, I guess I've gotten so used to that kind of information being available to the public online (MO's CaseNet is very good and subscription checkers/reports services are also quite comprehensive); assuming CNN reporter would have even better electronic access. But, I admittedly don't know if some of the endless possibilties on your list require a court visit for access or verification (and do think that possibly older public records wouldn't be availalbe on-line).

I'll ask a lawyer in the legal thread.

I appreciate that he takes the time to verify info, and admits when he's made a mistake.

Me too. Fact-checking and even identity verification have been sorely lacking in some of the reports we've seen thus far in the case, imo.

From one of his last tweets, sounds like the folks Mr. Spellman is looking into will be new names (at least to the general public). Sure hope they provide some clues into what happened to Lisa.

An just as much shame on fatcat attorneys who facilitate it. Should not be allowed.
The whole mob should be hauled down to the police station by the scruff of the neck and questioned until one of them cracks.

OT but I have a friend who is an FBI agent. After the Caylee case and then the Haleigh case the FBI had looked at changing the way these cases are handled. They wanted to keep the names of the missing in the media but didn't want the circus happening. It really hurts a case more than helps it. I haven't talked to him in over a year but I am wondering if this is why the FBI is entering these cases so early and if it's why LE isn't talking to the press as much....

It's everyone's right to obtain Lawyer's and I fully support them doing so but when that lawyer is appearing on TV more than he is mentioning the victims name I have a huge problem...I won't even go into the PI's, spokespersons etc. That is what turns these cases into what this case has become. IMO

Now that is possible except the same holds true for the eroded banks and leaving evidence of somebody possibly being there. But more time leaves other options in general
But if it was an accident leading to a cover up/false kidnapping report, I honestly believe that no one in the family would just dump the baby in the river or the woods. If this is what happened, LE needs to find a more proper grave...so to speak. The family members would probably have taken her to some place peaceful and secure where they could give her a more proper burial and service. These people don't seem like the type to dump Lisa in a dumpster, river or woods.

Land familiar or special to either DB or JI is where searches would seem the most logical. If DB enlisted help from another family member then LE should start interviewing the family, friends and neighbors over in Independence, MO. One brother and one grandparent are listed as living there as well as an aunt and at least one cousin.

It is possible that Lisa was taken somewhere temporarily and then a family member went to retrieve her for a more fitting burial.

There is still the possibility that Lisa was taken/abducted or that she was given to someone. The latter being the most unlikely as almost too much time has gone by for this to be a successful fake abduction.

BBM:

JMO

I do think Spellman is now trying to do that. I'm not sure why you would need to go to the court house unless you want further documents that aren't online. Their court dockets etc..online, honestly aren't that full of info like others I've read on other cases. Maybe there's more info to obtain. Hey LaLaw! xoxo

So, he is going to release 2 more names in the mix. I wish he'd do some real investigative research into DB and JI's backgrounds. The 2 names are probably from the place MW was staying....couple of the roomies who had access to her phone. The media seems to really love the Jersey angle. Maybe these 2 will tie in somehow. Probably nothing to do with what happened to baby Lisa, but JT will be kept content and the chance for an interview kept alive. I'm very jaded when it comes to the media. Can you tell?? LOL

Me too. Fact-checking and even identity verification have been sorely lacking in some of the reports we've seen thus far in the case, imo.

From one of his last tweets, sounds like the folks Mr. Spellman is looking into will be new names (at least to the general public). Sure hope they provide some clues into what happened to Lisa.

The tweet I got at about 6:00 pm was a humdinger too. It wasn't exactly from him, but he re-tweeted from someone else about the cell phone deletions posted by someone on FB, and now they've deleted their facebook. Did you get that?

But if it was an accident leading to a cover up/false kidnapping report, I honestly believe that no one in the family would just dump the baby in the river or the woods. If this is what happened, LE needs to find a more proper grave...so to speak. The family members would probably have taken her to some place peaceful and secure where they could give her a more proper burial and service. These people don't seem like the type to dump Lisa in a dumpster, river or woods.

Land familiar or special to either DB or JI is where searches would seem the most logical. If DB enlisted help from another family member then LE should start interviewing the family, friends and neighbors over in Independence, MO. One brother and one grandparent are listed as living there as well as an aunt and at least one cousin.

It is possible that Lisa was taken somewhere temporarily and then a family member went to retrieve her for a more fitting burial.

There is still the possibility that Lisa was taken/abducted or that she was given to someone. The latter being the most unlikely as almost too much time has gone by for this to be a successful fake abduction.

BBM

I don't want to get in trouble for being off-topic, but just a quick response. It cannot be accident and cover-up by the family if Lisa is dead and a family member is proven responsible. Why? Because Debbi and Jeremy already told all of us emphatically that there was no accident and that's what 911 is for. If sweet Lisa is dead, it was therefor intentional, either by the family or an intruder. This according to the parents themselves.

Source: Megyn Kelley - Fox Interview of 10/17/11

JI: ”Yeah, uh, yeah, they did, very the same thing. They first told me it was her, then later, they told me it was me and that an accident had happened, or, yeah.”
MK: “What about that, because that is one of the theories that people speculate about. That, it’s not that you two hurt your daughter, but maybe she had an accident in that house and then you panicked.”
DB: “That’s what 911 is for. That’s the only answer I have for that. All the ideas that people have on what me or him might have done, or, it’s just sick.”

The tweet I got at about 6:00 pm was a humdinger too. It wasn't exactly from him, but he re-tweeted from someone else about the cell phone deletions posted by someone on FB, and now they've deleted their facebook. Did you get that?

Thanks for the heads-up. Just checked out his tweet site (and bookmarked it). Interesting about those cell phone posts. All of the tweets were an interesting read, actually. I'm not on twitter, so checking them here:

http://twitter.com/#!/jimspellmancnn

OT but I have a friend who is an FBI agent. After the Caylee case and then the Haleigh case the FBI had looked at changing the way these cases are handled. They wanted to keep the names of the missing in the media but didn't want the circus happening. It really hurts a case more than helps it. I haven't talked to him in over a year but I am wondering if this is why the FBI is entering these cases so early and if it's why LE isn't talking to the press as much....

It's everyone's right to obtain Lawyer's and I fully support them doing so but when that lawyer is appearing on TV more than he is mentioning the victims name I have a huge problem...I won't even go into the PI's, spokespersons etc. That is what turns these cases into what this case has become. IMO

Absolutely agreed. It is difficult (or actually it's not!) to see why their own legal representative would claim that their only concern is to ensure the best interests of the couple are met .... but do not focus on the wellbeing or whereabouts of the victim (their OWN child) when, to any innocent couple that would be the ONLY thing in their own best interest - not their own skins.
Seems the circus simply picks up and moves across town once the audience dwindles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BunnyLugsCacti