MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/8/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. That is the house she lived at prior to this. She got kicked out of this house in August. the 'meth house' would be where she lived at in Oct.

So then I would say Fox doesn't have all their facts straight..... ;)

ETA: Pretty bold of Fox News to go on worldwide calling this a drug house when they have the wrong house in question. I'll remove the link.

I think he was saying it to lull the guilty parties into a sense of security.
They're just gathering the guns to make an arrest later today.

(What? A girl can't hope?)

I kind of thought the same thing. Not about the arrest lol, but if Lisa was taken, the people who did it might get careless and LI would be more apt to be brought out of hiding. Just my wishful hoping.

It's just sickening....to think those involved might really pull this off!:banghead:

I agree it is sickening.. Again, reminds me of the Haleigh Cummings case and how Ron C and his family pulled it off..JMHO

Jumping in from lurking. :)

Apparently Jim Roberts is the "Criminal Services Coordinator" for the Clay County Prosecutors office. I have no idea what that means, but I don't think he is a prosecuting attorney.

Either way, I'm not sure how he can know that it won't be solved for years - if Baby Lisa is found today (praying that is the case) then that would likely give more evidence no matter what the situation. It's a very strange statement, imo.

I hope all this is okay. :)

Well I think it is pretty obvious DB is not a meth user. jmo

She could be an occassional meth user. Her appearance just means she doesn't look like a meth addict. Big difference.

And just because it's being called a meth house doesn't mean that other drugs don't go through there.

JMO from my own personal experience. I ended up on the addict side, but I saw others who kept it 'recreational'.

Could he also mean it sometimes takes years before there's a trial & conviction?

Yes. Spellman quoted the prosecutor as saying, "Nothing has been presented to us." If nothing has been presented, how can he know the case will take years to solve? :waitasec:

I'm not sure whether Spellman was reading an official statement or his own notes, but I'm guessing it was his own notes of a conversation with that person. Sounds more like a shootin-the-breeze, personal opinion kind of comment than an official statement.

I hope that's the case. I can't imagine a prosecutor saying something so dismissive of the investigation in any sort of official statement.

I think the point the prosecutor was making that if there was enough evidence at this point in time, namely anything in the house or surrounding, there would be something to go on. There is not, hence the 'years to solve' comment.

if you google Jim Roberts he has made statements a few times on the case. Here being one of them:

Jim Roberts, a spokesman for the prosecutor’s office, said the subpoenas were needed to prevent broadcasters from destroying video they might otherwise discard because it could be needed later. The subpoenas were issued by a sitting grand jury, not one called specifically for this case.
http://cjonline.com/news/2011-10-11/no-sign-missing-baby-search-kc-well#.TrmUWXN9GXw

imhoo I think he is a spokesperson giving the basics: ie: no case has been brought to the prosecutor yet.

jimspellmancnn jim spellman
troubling assesment“There’s no case...If it gets solved,it’ll get solved years from now”Jim Roberts,Clay Co Prosecutor’s #babylisa @HLNTV
1 minute ago

:twocents: Here's my :twocents: and just speculating here :

I really do NOT want to type this ... BUT ...

IMO, they do not have a "body" ... it is going to be impossible to get ANY sort of conviction without a body -- even though it has been done before.

BL's home IS close to the river, and I am started to think like many of those who have suggested this -- that MAYBE BL was put in that river, and unfortunately she will never be found ...

:waitasec: Or ... I know this is a streeeeeeeeetch ... BUT ... could it be that the Prosecutor and LE are using some sort of "psychology" on DB and JI, or on their "spin teams", or their families and neighbors? ... maybe "someone" will "slip" ? I know ... probably not ... just 'hoping' this could be a possibility ...

:( This is just such sad news about Baby Lisa ...:(

MOO ...

IMO, they do not have a "body" ... it is going to be impossible to get ANY sort of conviction without a body -- even though it has been done before.

BL's home IS close to the river, and I am started to think like many of those who have suggested this -- that MAYBE BL was put in that river, and unfortunately she will never be found ...

:waitasec: Or ... I know this is a streeeeeeeeetch ... BUT ... could it be that the Prosecutor and LE are using some sort of "psychology" on DB and JI, or on their "spin teams", or their families and neighbors? ... maybe "someone" will "slip" ? I know ... probably not ... just 'hoping' this could be a possibility ...

MOO ...

Or maybe DB/JI really have nothing to do with it? Scary thought I know but still.......

IMO lawyering up does not prevent an arrest or a case being brought to the DA. Lack of evidence is what prevents that from happening. I really think the reason we haven't heard much from LE in this is simple - they have nothing at this point.

And part of the reason they have nothing is that the adult in charge at the time the child disappeared lied from the get-go and then stopped talking altogether. When solving a case it helps if the person/persons reporting the crime provide an accurate and full accounting of what really happened.

MOO ...

I am still on the fence about what happened, but I do agree with you that if that sweet baby was harmed accidentally or on purpose in the house or somewhere nearby, that the likelihood that she ended up in the river is large. Gives me chills just thinking about it.

And part of the reason they have nothing is that the adult in charge at the time the child disappeared lied from the get-go and then stopped talking altogether. When solving a case it helps if the person/persons reporting the crime provide an accurate and full accounting of what really happened.

How long did it take to charge Casey Anthony based on her 'accurate and full accounting' of what really happened?

If the evidence is there, you charge someone. If not, you can't.

Jim Roberts
Jim Roberts's Summary
I have worked as a radio reporter, as a weekly newspaper reporter and editor, as a daily newspaper editor and as a marketing professional. I have also served as a media/information officer in my current capacity for over 20 years.

My one great skills is the ability to take a complex issue and reducing it to simple, accessible prose.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-roberts/13/baa/337

It doesn't appear that Jim Robert went to Law School.

Or maybe DB/JI really have nothing to do with it? Scary thought I know but still.......

:waitasec: So, if DB/JI had "nothing" to do with it, I'll be eating plenty of crow ! :innocent: And I won't be eating alone ! :innocent:

:seeya:

MOO

I think he's trying to quell the growing fever in the media. LE has tried to quell it, IMHO by remaining mostly silent, but the pitch has been building and building.

This will diffuse that. As someone up the thread noted, next week this will probably not be in the news. He's paving the way for that to happen, for life to return to somewhat normal in that county.

Instead of the public and the media trying as hard as they can to pry into the workings of LE's investigation on the belief they're holding evidence close to the vest, the news is, they aren't. They have no case yet. Diffuses the fever.

But yes, it could be solved as early as this afternoon if something completely new breaks that they don't have yet.

If this is their strategy (RBBM) ~ It's backfiring with me. I'm enraged!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nlgal68