Found Deceased MT - Amy Harding-Permann, 34, Great Falls, 26 Jan 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
The county assessor website shows Amy owning 213 39TH AVE NE, GREAT FALLS, MT as of 9/30/2019. It was a new to her property. It's value in 2019 was $306,600. Not sure if she was renting it as an investment property or living there with her two sons.

Search by name Amy Permann.
Property Record Card | Property Assessment Division

213 39th Ave Ne, Great Falls, MT 59404 - realtor.com®

Please follow this link, then page down to "213...". The current resident of the home does not have her name, which appears as the previous resident. Since she owns the home, the current resident is probably renting it from her. IMO
Who Lives at 213 39th Ave NE, Great Falls, MT 59404 | Spokeo

Last edited:
I would think it would take a strong will to intentionally drown oneself. This is definitely a possibility, but I feel that it's a somewhat small one. Just playing the odds, I would suspect the significant other a lot more.

Too bad we're not getting any information. I wonder when the last time someone saw or talked to her was. I wonder how cooperative a certain someone is being.

I hope she comes home safe.

JMO

One would not have to deliberately drown oneself. The Missouri River at Great Falls is currently running about 6000 cubic feet per second, which is equivalent to a volume of water covering an entire football field, including end zones, to a depth of 7 ft 4 inches; moving at about the speed of an adult jogger. The temperature right now is "Ice" which means it is fluctuating above and below the 32 degree Fahrenheit mark. In the dark of night, it would most likely be be impossible to even determine which direction to swim toward shore before being overcome by natural conditions. IMO
USGS Current Conditions for USGS 06090300 Missouri River near Great Falls MT

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-10 USGS Current Conditions for Missouri River near Great Falls MT.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-10 USGS Current Conditions for Missouri River near Great Falls MT.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 0
Any info on the last person to see her other than JV? And did anyone see either of them on Saturday or Sunday?

If she worked Friday & no one had seen her since then, something could have happened any time between Friday night and Sunday night. If kids are with their dad and she doesn't have to work until Monday, it would make sense to call 911 Sunday night and then oh, conveniently she ran off in the 10 minutes it took LE to arrive.

Also, 10 minutes is not a long time on foot, even if you are in amazing shape and the weather is decent. If you're angry and walking with purpose you might get 2/3 of a mile on a road; less if you're walking through woods, etc.

Granted, it also could very well be that the call was legit and she did leave the house (knowing that him calling 911 could mess up her life - of course, it could also mess up his, as all she'd have to do is claim he was the one abusing her, but when emotions are high it's difficult to plan ahead). I just don't get where she could have gone in 10 minutes.

Any info on the last person to see her other than JV? And did anyone see either of them on Saturday or Sunday?

If she worked Friday & no one had seen her since then, something could have happened any time between Friday night and Sunday night. If kids are with their dad and she doesn't have to work until Monday, it would make sense to call 911 Sunday night and then oh, conveniently she ran off in the 10 minutes it took LE to arrive.

Also, 10 minutes is not a long time on foot, even if you are in amazing shape and the weather is decent. If you're angry and walking with purpose you might get 2/3 of a mile on a road; less if you're walking through woods, etc.

Granted, it also could very well be that the call was legit and she did leave the house (knowing that him calling 911 could mess up her life - of course, it could also mess up his, as all she'd have to do is claim he was the one abusing her, but when emotions are high it's difficult to plan ahead). I just don't get where she could have gone in 10 minutes.

IMHO, she could’ve ended up in the river in 10 minutes. (Either accidentally or on purpose)

IMHO, she could’ve ended up in the river in 10 minutes. (Either accidentally or on purpose)
I have no opinion on what happened to her. This is not directed to you, but the idea that she only had a 10 minute head start & couldn't go far is wrong in my opinion. A person with a 2/3 of a mile head start could distance themselves quit a bit from searchers not knowing her path.

I have no opinion on what happened to her. This is not directed to you, but the idea that she only had a 10 minute head start & couldn't go far is wrong in my opinion. A person with a 2/3 of a mile head start could distance themselves quit a bit from searchers not knowing her path.

<modsnip>

I was saying that in 10 minutes under ideal conditions, someone could make it 2/3 of a mile. She's not under ideal conditions - she's outside in the dark, without her phone or a coat. How far can she really go (if she really did leave while he was on the phone with 911)? She could have fallen or jumped into the river, yes. She could have made it to the road, but the police would have seen her. So she's in the woods or walking through people's yards, in the dark, without a coat or anything to stay warm.

How far can she get... and why would he not go after her?

If it was a legit call, did he not realize how it would look to have her "disappear" while he was calling 911 on her?

The longer this goes on, the more doubts I have. Which is sad, as I am aware of several cases IRL of men who were abused by their female partners and no one really believed them or took it seriously. However, none of them had a female partner come up missing only minutes after calling 911. (At least one did have a partner threaten suicide if her abuse was brought to light, though, so it is a possibility.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m thinking about the Sheriff’s statement after the search they organized with the public. He indicated that it helped them narrow down the search area. Now they’re searching the river again on Feb 8. MOO

The county assessor website shows Amy owning 213 39TH AVE NE, GREAT FALLS, MT as of 9/30/2019. It was a new to her property. It's value in 2019 was $306,600. Not sure if she was renting it as an investment property or living there with her two sons.

Search by name Amy Permann.
Property Record Card | Property Assessment Division

213 39th Ave Ne, Great Falls, MT 59404 - realtor.com®

That website is updated every fall on September 30th, when property tax assessments are revised statewide. To see when the current owner purchased the site, the surest way is to check Montana Cadastral website, which shows that AHP has been the sole owner since June 25, 2013 when her husband issued a quit claim deed to her for his interest.
He and her husband actually bought it in 2011, with his father as a co-signer. IMO
The easiest search is done using the GeoCode:
02-3138-26-4-18-07-0000
Montana Cadastral

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-10 Montana Cadastral(1).png
    Screenshot_2020-02-10 Montana Cadastral(1).png
    302.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2020-02-10 Montana Cadastral.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-10 Montana Cadastral.png
    314.6 KB · Views: 5
<modsnip>

I was saying that in 10 minutes under ideal conditions, someone could make it 2/3 of a mile. She's not under ideal conditions - she's outside in the dark, without her phone or a coat. How far can she really go (if she really did leave while he was on the phone with 911)? She could have fallen or jumped into the river, yes. She could have made it to the road, but the police would have seen her. So she's in the woods or walking through people's yards, in the dark, without a coat or anything to stay warm.

How far can she get... and why would he not go after her?

If it was a legit call, did he not realize how it would look to have her "disappear" while he was calling 911 on her?

The longer this goes on, the more doubts I have. Which is sad, as I am aware of several cases IRL of men who were abused by their female partners and no one really believed them or took it seriously. However, none of them had a female partner come up missing only minutes after calling 911. (At least one did have a partner threaten suicide if her abuse was brought to light, though, so it is a possibility.)

<modsnip>
Many posters from the beginning of this thread insinuated that she should have been located because she couldn't have gone far in 10 minutes. I've argued against this saying a search probably didn't start immediately. Now I'm arguing against the idea that a 2/3 of a mile head start doesn't mean searchers should have caught up to her. If you don't know the exact path someone took a head start means a lot. jmo <modsnip>

<modsnip>
Many posters from the beginning of this thread insinuated that she should have been located because she couldn't have gone far in 10 minutes. I've argued against this saying a search probably didn't start immediately. Now I'm arguing against the idea that a 2/3 of a mile head start doesn't mean searchers should have caught up to her. If you don't know the exact path someone took a head start means a lot. jmo <modsnip>

How soon after LE arrived did they bring the dogs in?

How soon after LE arrived did they bring the dogs in?

To my knowledge very little has been given describing the timeline of the search. I don't remember it being said that the responding officers searched at all. I could have missed it. At some point a search started but in my opinion a lot could have happen during that time. I have no idea what happened to her. I just don't subscribe to the theory that she should have been located if she really left the house because officers arrived 10 minutes after they were called. I will admit a preference. Outside of her being found alive, I hope no one did her harm.

To my knowledge very little has been given describing the timeline of the search. I don't remember it being said that the responding officers searched at all. I could have missed it. At some point a search started but in my opinion a lot could have happen during that time. I have no idea what happened to her. I just don't subscribe to the theory that she should have been located if she really left the house because officers arrived 10 minutes after they were called. I will admit a preference. Outside of her being found alive, I hope no one did her harm.
The Sheriff provided details of the initial search in the first press conference:

Media Release - Cascade County Sheriff/Coroner's Office

The Sheriff provided details of the initial search in the first press conference:

Media Release - Cascade County Sheriff/Coroner's Office

I watched the presser again & didn't get a sense of a timeline. Only mentioned what resources were brought in but not how soon after she went missing. I believe the search was thorough & would have found her if she was not in the river. I need a timeline to understand if the search could have prevented her from going in the river.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cj2935
Back