GUILTY MT - Beverly, 79, Gregory Giannonatti, 57, murdered, Deer Lodge, 24 Oct 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
David Wayne Nelson  Age 53.jpg
David Wayne Nelson, 53, makes an initial appearance in Deer Lodge justice court late Monday afternoon on a probation violation charge out of Ravalli County. Nelson is a person of interest in the case of Bev and Greg Giannonatti, who were found dead Sunday. They have been missing for a month.

Nelson was convicted in Ravalli County by a jury in November 1999 of aggravated kidnapping, robbery and two counts of accountability for felony assault.

While Nelson and his nephew were visiting the home of Jim Frischmon and Shari Wolff on Dec. 13, 1998, Nelson grabbed Wolff, tied her wrists behind her back with baling wire and threw her to the ground. Wolff struggled while Nelson held a gun on Frischmon and demanded money from the two. Wolff and Frischmon eventually gave Nelson $70 and he and his nephew left, at which time the victims called police.

Nelson denied the allegations made by the victims and offered a different description of the night's events. The nephew, Fred Nelson, testified against his uncle at Nelson's trial, stating that the information provided by the victims was what happened.

http://mtstandard.com/crime-and-cou...cle_b906f46e-04a7-5e03-b1d9-63c8c6006de7.html

There's our mystery man. Case solved.

It's easy to see why he would have been described as a 60'ish year old man. All that grey hair plus some hard jail time probably ages you quite a bit.

It's going to be interesting to find out if he learned about the gold bar via the maid, or if he heard about it through local rumors and gossip. Either way, he decided he wanted it. Somehow he managed to befriend Beverly enough that she sat and had lunch with him, one can only imagine what ploy he used to try and get close to her.

The part highlighted above pretty much spells out how this guy operates. I guess he decided to leave the nephew at home this time around so he wouldn't get ratted out.

You can pretty much expect this guy to "deny everything" all the way through this.

attachment.php

David Wayne Nelson, 53, makes an initial appearance in Deer Lodge justice court late Monday afternoon on a probation violation charge out of Ravalli County. Nelson is a person of interest in the case of Bev and Greg Giannonatti, who were found dead Sunday. They have been missing for a month.

http://mtstandard.com/crime-and-cou...cle_b906f46e-04a7-5e03-b1d9-63c8c6006de7.html

There's our mystery man. Case solved.

It's easy to see why he would have been described as a 60'ish year old man. All that grey hair plus some hard time in jail probably ages you quite a bit.

It's going to be interesting to find out if he learned about the gold bar via the maid, or if he heard about it through local rumors and gossip. Either way, he decided he wanted it. Somehow he managed to befriend Beverly enough that she sat and had lunch with him, one can only imagine what ploy he used to try and get close to her.

The part highlighted above pretty much spells out how this guy operates. I guess he decided to leave the nephew at home this time around so he wouldn't get ratted out.

You can pretty much expect this guy to "deny everything" all the way through this.

Aww how sad. Im anxious to find out how he knew about the bar too. I wonder if the maid was blabbing about it or if the missing son or mother were looking to sell it and placed an ad or something. Sometimes that brings bad people into ones life! Glad they found the bodies...sad they are deceased. RIP sweet family. JMO.

A couple of interesting comments on the article posted 9 hours ago. "From Fox News Montana" Some people are saying they know or have seen Nelson with Beverly. And also under the comments about "UPDATE: I am sharing the article that was just posted by Pat Hansen, for the Montana Standard. There is nothing more to add." https://www.facebook.com/BevandGregGianonatti/?fref=nf (I don't know how to find the link to the exact post on that page).

Here is some offender info on the suspect he had a bunch of aliases. https://app.mt.gov/conweb/Home/OffenderNumber/17872

I get the feeling that this man befriended Beverly, well before the gold brick was found with the intent to take advantage of her and perhaps her finances. Help out with odd-jobs, drive her to the store, etc, and he's "in". Most elderly people I know are so trusting because they are vulnerable physically or mentally and need the help or someone to just sit with them and listen to their stories. She confides in him about the gold, and the greedy convict scum murders sweet Bev and Gregory. All of this is JMO, of course.

Well I feel sick to see this case moved over here :( Thank you ClaireNC for messaging me yesterday even though I didn't even realize they'd actually been found. Whatever happened out there in that wooded area, I hope it was quick and painless and neither of them suffered. And I hope this piece of garbage Nelson rots in a cell for the rest of his days.

From all I've read about Beverly I just don't see her being the type to befriend someone like Nelson. I could be totally off here, but it's the feeling I get. I suspect the cleaning lady told someone about that gold bar - maybe Nelson directly or someone that knows him. 99% certain the cleaning lady is the connection, even if unwittingly.

From all I've read about Beverly I just don't see her being the type to befriend someone like Nelson. I could be totally off here, but it's the feeling I get. I suspect the cleaning lady told someone about that gold bar - maybe Nelson directly or someone that knows him. 99% certain the cleaning lady is the connection, even if unwittingly.

I agree, Beverly was said to be pretty independent. She drove herself where ever she needed to go, etc. I doubt that she befriended Nelson. The cleaning lady probably told somebody, who told somebody...it was probably the talk of the small town within 24 hours of the gold bar being found.

I could not understand how in a town as small as Deerlodge, he could be the person eating with BG, but....In reading this, it sounds like he may have been in prison up until this year, that would be a good reason for people not to know him around there. Just a thought...IMHO
http://ravallirepublic.com/news/article_22b177fa-2e1f-5017-8689-429fb3080253.html

He's a sleazy career criminal, who upped his MO to murder. I hope this is a death penalty case. This has truly saddened me.

IMO this guy looks too scrawny to be able to move Gregory's body. I wouldn't be surprised if he left him wherever he was killed. What do you all think, did he go back to Gregory's house the next day to rob the place or was it someone else?

IMO this guy looks too scrawny to be able to move Gregory's body. I wouldn't be surprised if he left him wherever he was killed. What do you all think, did he go back to Gregory's house the next day to rob the place or was it someone else?
I bet it was a friend of a friend of one of his cronies, who knew what had taken place.
That was weird... LE checking on a home (which criminals probably didn't know) and
the home being burglarized late that night or early next morning.

So tragic, :cry: RIP Beverly and Greg. :rose:

What an inexcusable outrage, how can it be that this hardened, violent repeat offender was out of prison. He should have been put away for life before something like this happened. What a screwed up justice system we have. JMO

Nelson hasn't actually been charged in relation to this crime yet. He's being held on a parole violation from some other jurisdiction. What does that mean ? It means he hasn't confessed to a single thing yet, and LE needed something to hold him on until more evidence can be compiled. I'm guessing they went ahead and brought him in after the bodies were found in anticipation that he might jump ship and head out of state.

Nelson may have an accomplice in this caper, so far we don't know. He took his nephew with him on a home invasion back in 1998. I think he probably could have controlled both Beverly and her son with the use of a firearm, so it may prove out that he didn't take along any help. Then again.........??
So far, the gold bar still hasn't been located.

It's nice to see there's at least one judge in Montana that doesn't think setting bail for a psychopath is necessary.
Unlike his previous crimes, Nelson chose not to leave any living witnesses this time around. He just graduated from being a petty thief and an all-around creepy guy, to being a cold-blooded murderer.

I think he went to Greg's house and ransacked the place looking for that gold bar. One of two things, either Bev and Greg wouldn't tell him where it was, or they didn't have access to it when he kidnapped Bev and demanded it as ransom. Keep in mind, these folks had been missing for 3 or 4 days before anybody reported them missing.

This is the same guy that strong-armed a couple 15 years ago for $70. He's a burglar and a thief, as well as a few other things I can't type here.

He probably would have done the same thing at Beverly's, and maybe he did, he just didn't leave a big mess behind. He may have searched her home first and then went over to Greg's. Not finding it there, he decided to rob the place instead. He had to get something for all of this trouble. He was either interrupted during the act of robbing the place, or the stuff he wanted to steal wouldn't fit in the car he was driving.

Somoene on the Facebook page claims to have seen him at Bev's house before.

I think he went to Greg's house and ransacked the place looking for that gold bar. One of two things, either Bev and Greg wouldn't tell him where it was, or they didn't have access to it when he kidnapped Bev and demanded it as ransom. Keep in mind, these folks had been missing for 3 or 4 days before anybody reported them missing.

This is the same guy that strong-armed a couple 15 years ago for $70. He's a burglar and a thief, as well as a few other things I can't type here.

He probably would have done the same thing at Beverly's, and maybe he did, he just didn't leave a big mess behind. He may have searched her home first and then went over to Greg's. Not finding it there, he decided to rob the place instead. He had to get something for all of this trouble. He was either interrupted during the act of robbing the place, or the stuff he wanted to steal wouldn't fit in the car he was driving.

Somoene on the Facebook page claims to have seen him at Bev's house before.

I wonder why someone had to remove the air conditioner?
Wouldn't they have had the keys to Greg's house?
Were there multiple people?

IMOO.

I wonder why someone had to remove the air conditioner?
Wouldn't they have had the keys to Greg's house?
Were there multiple people?

IMOO.

Yes, and why would they have been ransacking Greg's house if Bev was the one who retrieved the gold bar? You'd think they tear HER house apart looking for that thing instead of wasting time moving an airconditioner and a tv.

Unless, of course,someone got wind that Bev gave the gold bar to Greg for safe keeping and it was actually a couple of people who were searching. Maybe they thoguht they were coming up with no gold, so they thought they'd at least rip the place off of other things and then one of them found the gold bar while the other was moving stuff out to take. They could have been like: "Holy chit! Forget the tv! We found the gold! Let's leave the rest of this and scram!"

moo

Yes, and why would they have been ransacking Greg's house if Bev was the one who retrieved the gold bar? You'd think they tear HER house apart looking for that thing instead of wasting time moving an airconditioner and a tv.

Unless, of course,someone got wind that Bev gave the gold bar to Greg for safe keeping and it was actually a couple of people who were searching. Maybe they thoguht they were coming up with no gold, so they thought they'd at least rip the place off of other things and then one of them found the gold bar while the other was moving stuff out to take. They could have been like: "Holy chit! Forget the tv! We found the gold! Let's leave the rest of this and scram!"

moo

I think this guy spent some quality time with the Giannonatti 's prior to their death. They may have told him where the gold bar was, truthfully. He may not have believed them........ he didn't like their answer......or.....he may have gotten it and buried it somewhere.

IF Nelson wasn't told where the gold bar was, then ransacking their homes makes sense. If he was told where the gold bar was, then I'm assuming that their homes were ransacked after it was announced they were missing, by opportunists and thieves made up from the same fabric that Nelson is.

What's hard to fathom here is that Beverly told no one what became of that gold bar, nobody legitimate that is. The sheriff has stated repeatedly that they haven't found the gold yet. I would think that if Beverly had told someone what she did with it, they would have come forward and offered up that information to LE by now. Her banker, her accountant, her pastor, her doctor, her lawyer, her best friend..........if any of those people knew where she put the gold, wouldn't they say so ?

What could she and Greg have done with it so that not a single person would know ? More so, why ? Why not get it to the bank to either cash it in or keep it secure ? It was 9 days from the time the gold bar was found, until she was seen eating lunch with the mystery man. 9 days.

I don't think anyone actually knew they were missing yet (aside from the person(s) who took them) when Greg's house was broken into.

Saturday night (Halloween) LE went around to Beverly's home when a friend called and wondered if she was okay, but she didn't answer the door.
LE returned on Sunday (Nov.1) and entered and found her dogs left inside.
Then they went to Greg's and found the same situation.
Late that same night, LE received a call about a break-in at Greg's house so they returned and secured his house.

Either it was just some random break-in who lucked out because Greg was already gone (and had been at that point for 4 days already), or it was this creep Nelson (or someone he sent) looking for something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back