Murder Charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did they already remove the article? Its not coming up for me.

It looks like they did and made it "Subscription Required. This is all that remains. I don't know if you can see this so I copied it:

Posted: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 2:24 pm | Updated: 9:49 am, Wed Apr 9, 2014.

By Staff Reports info@myhorrynews.com | 2 comments
Because emotions are running high in the Heather Elvis case, we knew not everyone would agree with our decision to appeal a magistrate’s determination to keep the search warrants secret. Rest assured we did not take this action lightly. We weren’t trying to be sensational, nor were we trying to “sell newspapers” or “increase website traffic” as some assert (the Carolina Forest Chronicle is still free in the 29579 ZIP code, by the way).
Our decision also has nothing to do with Sidney and Tammy Moorer, who have been charged with murder in Elvis’ disappearance. It has to do with the rule of law.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/opinion/editorials/article_ffa68116-bf4a-11e3-9644-0017a43b2370.html

I am very surprised that "myhorrynews" would restrict this editorial because it was about how important a free press is to oversee and report on government/courts and how it is needed to keep them on the straight and narrow, by reporting on what they are doing, etc. (A very loose summary.)

Any word on the body found in Florida? The DeLand body, not the woman found in Clermont (Cheri Houston).

First it was subscription and then it wasn't last night and now it is again.

Weird.

It is weird.

Try this. It took me almost an hour to get it open because of my internet. I think it's another version of the editorial in the "Carolina Forest Chronicle."

The article was written by Michael Smith, the publisher, who most probably wrote the "missing" editorial. It starts on A1 and jumps to A3. I haven't been able to open A3 yet, so I'm not sure if is the same as the editorial, but is certainly on the same subject: Whether the warrants should be public and why this is so important.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/eedition...age_9fe8b28e-2432-55fa-bb77-ada2aa61ad69.html

Link to A3 finally opened:

http://www.myhorrynews.com/eedition...8178-97e7-5e32-a0e3-ddadbca08d73.html#page_a3

I have a question... I'm wondering the reason for the denial - re that it could impede the ongoing investigation. Le already arrested Tammy & Sidney, apparently bc they had enough evidence between PTL, the house, vehicle, camper, technical forensics, etc. They don't have Heather's body and Tammy & Sidney aren't giving up that info. If there was anything in the warrant that pertained to Heather's location, then surely le would have already looked there. So this makes me truly wonder why the warrant isn't being released to the public. What else do they need the warrant to remain sealed for? Do they maybe think somebody else could have been involved as well?

And something else - Tammy wrote on her Disboards that she has a permanent handicapped tag on her vehicle & utilized that to her advantage when parking at the theme parks, etc. Well, I'm wondering if it was her vehicle or her father's vehicle that had that permanent tag...and if that was one of the distinguishing characteristics that separated their vehicle from all the others when the FBi tech forensics team narrowed it down to the only possibility of it being the Moorer's vehicle seen going to & from PTL the night of Heather's disappearance.

Police said the Moorer's vehicle was seen going to and from PTL. They didn't mention if there were any other cars spotted on that video surveillance. Right? Could there have been? Is it possible there was more than one vehicle spotted?

I do not think Sidney was forced to kill Heather. If he was, in any way, we would hear that it was defense. I also don’t believe that Tammy plotted Heather’s murder for weeks. I think if it was planned in advance, they would be more aware of the cell phones, truck, and cameras. It is just hard for me to think that all contact stops between the three of them for weeks, yet Tammy’s rage continues at some astronomical level. I may be wrong, but I believe someone plotting out the murder of a specific person for months is pretty rare. There has to be a reason for that. When it does happen, it tends to be spouses killing each other. Motive is usually greed. People who are killed in rage or anger are usually killed in some spontaneous, unplanned killing.

If Sidney contacted Heather that night, and it was genuine, and Tammy found out, I could see that setting her off. But we would know if this was his defense. So I tend to believe that the call was a farce. It was intended to get her to PTL. But what motives do they have? For Tammy, it was likely the affair. I think something happened that set her off, that made her go from being very angry to deciding she was going to kill Heather. I wonder if it being close to the holidays could be significant. Or perhaps Heather tried contacting Sidney again.

But what motive does Sidney have? Since I don’t think he was forced, this is a big question mark for me. Is it possible that after the affair ended, Heather kept trying to contact Sidney, through any means? Sidney is ignoring her, until she gets the call that night, which is why she is crying and upset. Perhaps Tammy found out this contact, and told Sidney, there will be “consequences” if she doesn't knock it off? Maybe abuse, cut him off from his kids, etc? Would that scenario give them both a motive to get rid of her? It doesn't even have to be continued contact from Heather, it could be a one-time thing right before the murder.

I do not think Sidney was forced to kill Heather. If he was, in any way, we would hear that it was defense. I also don’t believe that Tammy plotted Heather’s murder for weeks. I think if it was planned in advance, they would be more aware of the cell phones, truck, and cameras. It is just hard for me to think that all contact stops between the three of them for weeks, yet Tammy’s rage continues at some astronomical level. I may be wrong, but I believe someone plotting out the murder of a specific person for months is pretty rare. There has to be a reason for that. When it does happen, it tends to be spouses killing each other. Motive is usually greed. People who are killed in rage or anger are usually killed in some spontaneous, unplanned killing.

If Sidney contacted Heather that night, and it was genuine, and Tammy found out, I could see that setting her off. But we would know if this was his defense. So I tend to believe that the call was a farce. It was intended to get her to PTL. But what motives do they have? For Tammy, it was likely the affair. I think something happened that set her off, that made her go from being very angry to deciding she was going to kill Heather. I wonder if it being close to the holidays could be significant. Or perhaps Heather tried contacting Sidney again.

But what motive does Sidney have? Since I don’t think he was forced, this is a big question mark for me. Is it possible that after the affair ended, Heather kept trying to contact Sidney, through any means? Sidney is ignoring her, until she gets the call that night, which is why she is crying and upset. Perhaps Tammy found out this contact, and told Sidney, there will be “consequences” if she doesn't knock it off? Maybe abuse, cut him off from his kids, etc? Would that scenario give them both a motive to get rid of her? It doesn't even have to be continued contact from Heather, it could be a one-time thing right before the murder.

I agree except for the part that we would know, if SM had called Heather with true intentions. I don't think he or his lawyer is ready to admit anything that is not proven. That may be his story eventually but right now it seems like he is denying, via his lawyer, having any knowledge of the crime whatsoever. But I agree that this does not sound like any carefully planned crime. Maybe planned as in that night within a few hours of Heather arriving at PTL.

Jmo

BBM: I have a hard time with that too. I know it's a cop-out, but I can't help but wonder if drugs were involved that night.

BBM: I have a hard time with that too. I know it's a cop-out, but I can't help but wonder if drugs were involved that night.

I've thought the same thing. However, I am leaning more toward alcohol. Of course, I do not know the Moorer's personally, but I could very much see Tammy getting completely wasted, maybe to the point of even being "blacked out". Maybe she doesn't handle liquor well. Maybe she is one of those emotional or angry drunks...She brings up the affair out of nowhere in her drunken stupor cause she has been fuming over it for God knows how long. She intimidates SM in some way to make sure he gets Heather to meet him (and unbeknownst to Heather, her too) @ PTL. She wants to settle the issue once and for all and with the liquid courage she has at that moment, she figures this is the perfect time. What happens after that, only the three of them know! Just my :twocents:

I agree except for the part that we would know, if SM had called Heather with true intentions. I don't think he or his lawyer is ready to admit anything that is not proven. That may be his story eventually but right now it seems like he is denying, via his lawyer, having any knowledge of the crime whatsoever. But I agree that this does not sound like any carefully planned crime. Maybe planned as in that night within a few hours of Heather arriving at PTL.

Jmo

but, the lawyer is not denying a crime took place, just that his client did not know about it and had no motive

as per hoppy: SM's attorney stated that as this goes along you will find NO EVIDENCE that:

SM was in 'the vehicle'
SM was at PTL
SM was a part of any of this.

" He stated the evidence will show that SM had an affair with Heather until October. He said that SM had NO MOTIVE - that SM liked Heather."

Jmo

I agree with the BBM. If there was a plan, I believe it was devised after Heather started calling Sidney's cell phone. IMO

I think the BBM is very possible. All the phone calls from Heather that morning may have been the final straw that set both or one of them off. May have set Sidney off because it was causing problems for him at home.

IMO

but, the lawyer is not denying a crime took place, just that his client did not know about it and had no motive

as per hoppy: SM's attorney stated that as this goes along you will find NO EVIDENCE that:

SM was in 'the vehicle'
SM was at PTL
SM was a part of any of this.

" He stated the evidence will show that SM had an affair with Heather until October. He said that SM had NO MOTIVE - that SM liked Heather."

I am saying IF evidence places him there...in my previous sentence, that this may be his story. Without evidence he won't have a story, since he "knows nothing, was not there" etc..& whatever. His lawyers have seen very little of what the state has, IMO.

I think the BBM is very possible. All the phone calls from Heather that morning may have been the final straw that set both or one of them off. May have set Sidney off because it was causing problems for him at home.

IMO

But I can't forget that SM made the first call to Heather that night.

And, according to her roommate, SM told Heather he was leaving TM.

I am saying IF evidence places him there...in my previous sentence, that this may be his story. Without evidence he won't have a story, since he "knows nothing, was not there" etc..& whatever. His lawyers have seen very little of what the state has, IMO.

as of the bond hearing SM's defense attorney said this (BBM):

"Despite the outcome of the hearing, both Tammy and Sidney Moorers' attorneys are standing strong by their clients. Sidney's attorney, Kirk Truslow, says he is feeling very optimistic. He feels the state has shown the evidence they have, and it's nothing he didn't already know."

you are right though, the state has cut off evidence from when the truck is leaving PTL...so SM's attorney better start his plan B for after the fact

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/25002...attorneys-react-to-bond-denial?autostart=true

Am I the only one left who thinks it is highly possible this wasn't planned at all? I mean, we don't really know anything about SM at all, so maybe he really is a sick puppy, but we have nothing to show that. TM on the other hand, really appears, to me, to be over the top, and if she was being fueled by liquor/drugs on top of her already raging jealousy, I don't know what she might be capable of. But, IMO, at this point, to me, I don't feel strongly that it was planned, either before this night, or even on the night it happened. So, it's hard for me to believe these are two people, who have never really done anything terrible, to our knowledge, up to this point, and suddenly, they are plotting together to commit murder. Not saying it couldn't have happened, or that it's never happened before, but it just doesn't sit right with me. I still believe it definitely could have been a case of TM following SM, and the situation getting out of control. As cluciano has noted several times, there are no degrees of murder in SC (or something like that) so if he was there, unless there was compelling evidence that he didn't try to stop it, I could see them both being charged, even if it had been something that hadn't started out as it ended up.

But I can't forget that SM made the first call to Heather that night.

And, according to her roommate, SM told Heather he was leaving TM.

Yes, I know, but, something about the reason Sidney gave for calling Heather sticks in my mind. I think it's possible he did call with the intention of telling her to leave him alone. To me, that and an indifferent attitude are both logical explanations for Heather being upset. In any type situation, all the phone calls that morning seem a little excessive to me. The fact most were not answered speaks voumes to me. And no, I'm not saying BW was not telling the truth. Perhaps for some reason she was told Sidney was leaving his wife. :loser:

IMO

I'm trying to imagine this hypothetical call by SM (and assuming he and HE have not spoken for several weeks)

"Hi Heather. I know we haven't really talked lately, and here I am calling you, but please stop calling me!" "I mean it, stop calling!"

:confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae
Back