Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jock Doe was tall, lean, with longer hair, scars, needed lots of dental work and was possibly Canadian....sounds like a hockey player :dance:

Sure hoping that the DNA Doe project might take on this case sometime in the near future. I'm guessing that would likely help with the question as to their origins, particularly whether "Jock" was Canadian or not...

Sure hoping that the DNA Doe project might take on this case sometime in the near future. I'm guessing that would likely help with the question as to their origins, particularly whether "Jock" was Canadian or not...

Our couple is on their list so there's hope the DNA Doe Project will take on this case. I'm pretty sure I'll start crying tears of joy once they have their names back lol.

They know it's a popular case so I bet they'll do it in the future! There are only so many 'high profile' Doe cases. I just hope the DNA quality is passable at this point.

Also, we all have to step up and help fund it if the agency doesn't have the resources

They know it's a popular case so I bet they'll do it in the future! There are only so many 'high profile' Doe cases. I just hope the DNA quality is passable at this point.

Also, we all have to step up and help fund it if the agency doesn't have the resources

I will definitely donate whatever I can if the DNA Doe Project decides to take on this case.

They know it's a popular case so I bet they'll do it in the future! There are only so many 'high profile' Doe cases.

Maybe, but those cases probably run into the low hundreds if we all nominate our favourites. It remains to be seen how many the DDP can handle each year, but I would be surprised if the initial list doesn't keep them amused and out of mischief for the next 10 years or so.

The problem is if it comes back Canadian then were probably back to square one, as Canada has been looked at pretty heavily in this case. Unless they can narrow it down like in the little miss Lake Panosoffkee case.

Maybe, but those cases probably run into the low hundreds if we all nominate our favourites. It remains to be seen how many the DDP can handle each year, but I would be surprised if the initial list doesn't keep them amused and out of mischief for the next 10 years or so.

The cases I've seen mentioned to them over and over again are: Walker County Jane Doe, Sumter Does, Bear Brook Does, El Dorado Jane Doe, Racine County Jane Doe, Orange Socks. And then the child cases they probably can't take on like Boy in the Box and St Louis Doe. It's actually not too long of a list. DNA Doe Project has mentioned that they have a 'Hot Doe' list specifically of Does that are really popular cases. So I imagine there is a strong chance they will do the Sumter Does in the not too distant future... of course this also depends on how their conversation with that agency goes and if they think the DNA is passable.

I’ve emailed the co founders of DDP before. They really, really like it when investigators are the ones to reach out first. That proves that they are already interested and the co founders don’t have to reach out. Has anyone reached out to the investigators on this case about it? If not, please do and include the email for DDP. It makes it so much more likely that they’ll be included.

Also, they’re still taking volunteers. If you have the time you should offer to volunteer for them, it may make it so that they can take on more cases.

I’ve emailed the co founders of DDP before. They really, really like it when investigators are the ones to reach out first. That proves that they are already interested and the co founders don’t have to reach out. Has anyone reached out to the investigators on this case about it? If not, please do and include the email for DDP. It makes it so much more likely that they’ll be included.

Also, they’re still taking volunteers. If you have the time you should offer to volunteer for them, it may make it so that they can take on more cases.

I looked awhile ago but I couldn't find any emails for the Sumter Does' agency. Some law enforcement websites don't have much information.

Also, it's worth noting that DDP is only taking on volunteers that have significant genealogical experience with finding adoptee families, they aren't just looking for anyone to lend a hand, sadly.

The problem is if it comes back Canadian then were probably back to square one, as Canada has been looked at pretty heavily in this case. Unless they can narrow it down like in the little miss Lake Panosoffkee case.

Well no, because if they narrow it down using their DNA technology and family history research it will be because they have identified one or more fairly close relatives. The fact those relatives might be in Canada doesn't make much difference unless the Canadian police declined to get involved, which is unlikely considering the case is a double murder.

Both of these victims just scream French to me. Both have features I see in Paris. Hairy legs, no underwear etc. But it's their physical features that really seem French to me. The males bushy eyebrows and face stucture. And the females narrow, long nose and dominate cheekbones really jump out at me. Is Bulova a French company? I'll have to check, not that that would mean anything, but it could..

Both of these victims just scream French to me. Both have features I see in Paris. Hairy legs, no underwear etc. But it's their physical features that really seem French to me. The males bushy eyebrows and face stucture. And the females narrow, long nose and dominate cheekbones really jump out at me.

I dunno. There's a danger we simply project our own stereotypes onto people who may have been completely different to what we imagine we see. What makes someone look "French" as opposed to "Italian" or "Greek"? What makes someone look "Polish" as opposed to "Romanian" or "Serbian"? There have been such dramatic population movements and migrations in mainland Europe that most people across the continent are generally mongrels.

After all, there was so much speculation that Buckskin Girl's red hair could have meant she was of Irish ethnic origin, yet now she has been identified there's nothing so far to indicate that at all.

Is Bulova a French company? I'll have to check, not that that would mean anything, but it could..

Nope, it's an American company.

Well no, because if they narrow it down using their DNA technology and family history research it will be because they have identified one or more fairly close relatives. The fact those relatives might be in Canada doesn't make much difference unless the Canadian police declined to get involved, which is unlikely considering the case is a double murder.

I can't think of any reason why the police would decline to get involved. The particular case I was referring to in that post was narrowed down to a specific area with isotope tests and not dna. I was just saying its going to take something like that in this case but just knowing their from Canada might not be much help. Like most of us, I cant wait to see. I wish they would hurry its 41 years and counting.

Both of these victims just scream French to me. Both have features I see in Paris. Hairy legs, no underwear etc. But it's their physical features that really seem French to me. The males bushy eyebrows and face stucture. And the females narrow, long nose and dominate cheekbones really jump out at me. Is Bulova a French company? I'll have to check, not that that would mean anything, but it could..

You see a lot of people with no underwear in Paris? How, exactly?

I have seen that people think that hairy legs and no underwear is typical for Europeans. I would like to find out what this is based on. Can someone find statistics on this? Until then it is just people’s prejudices, not facts.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I think the unshaven legs and no underwear were either a cultural thing or 70' s freedom. Autopsy said they were well groomed.
This couple is very identifiable. Thinking never reported missing or not from the US. Suspect drug running or maybe doing undercover work that went terribly wrong. Can't get past the style of their murder...overkill and execution style.

After all, there was so much speculation that Buckskin Girl's red hair could have meant she was of Irish ethnic origin, yet now she has been identified there's nothing so far to indicate that at all.

To be fair, Marcia is mostly of Irish ancestry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member