Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
6 Terrifying Unsolved Crimes You've Never Heard Of

No one knows who they are today. Investigators determined the man’s name might have been Jacques, hence “Jock” Doe. They also found evidence the pair had come from comfortable homes — good dental work, jewelry, nice clothes. They were sober when they died, neither ever smoked. Were they Europeans hitchhiking across America? That’s one of many theories. All anyone really knows is they were murdered and their killer never caught. And they remain nameless to this day.

They are currently nameless, but it doesn't have to remain that way. Many John and Jane Does now have their names back. With the increase in technology and media I don't think people should ever give up wondering whatever happened to (Fill in the blank with someone's name) or wondering if the killer of someone they cared about will ever be identified or caught.
It can happen. Someone somewhere in the world might still be wondering what ever happened to either of them.

They are currently nameless, but it doesn't have to remain that way. Many John and Jane Does now have their names back. With the increase in technology and media I don't think people should ever give up wondering whatever happened to (Fill in the blank with someone's name) or wondering if the killer of someone they cared about will ever be identified or caught.
It can happen. Someone somewhere in the world might still be wondering what ever happened to either of them.

Agreed Sherwood, I actually hope DDP or one of the other organizations that provide similar services pick up their case. Believe it would be a challenging one, but well worth the reward in identifying them and giving them their rightful names back.

Until that day occurs and identification is made, it's due diligence and keep in looking. Someone out there knows them

I posted this same link a while back. It concerns the murder and recognition of Olanta police chief Robert Sexton, 1976.
In it mayor Jimmy McCutcheon makes the statement regarding this case, " There's a lot of doubt out there and a lot of rumors."
I would love to know what rumors he speaks of.
There is often some truth even in a rumor and I will take anything I can get. If there's anyone viewing these threads that lived in this area during this time, please feel free to comment. Or it could just be someone that remembers the old timers talking. Like I said, I will take anything I can get. Anything regarding the unidentified case we discuss here, this Olanta case, or any other suspicious thing going on in this area at this time will be greatly appreciated.

Olanta honors late police chief

I posted this same link a while back. It concerns the murder and recognition of Olanta police chief Robert Sexton, 1976.
In it mayor Jimmy McCutcheon makes the statement regarding this case, " There's a lot of doubt out there and a lot of rumors."
There is often some truth even in a rumor and I will take anything I can get. If there's anyone viewing these threads that lived in this area during this time, please feel free to comment. Or it could just be someone that remembers the old timers talking. Like I said, I will take anything I can get. Anything regarding the unidentified case we discuss here, this Olanta case, or any other suspicious thing going on in this area at this time will be greatly appreciated.

I didn’t even know about this! Hmmm... gonna ask around.

I just wanted to clarify this post. I'm not asking anybody to be in violation of the rules here.
This is a 42 year old case. What is a rumor now could have been a tip or even a lead back then. Just use your own good judgement when posting and if it's something you think is really good you can always pm it to me.

This is the case of all cases to me...well other than Jack The Ripper! I don't understand why this case hasn't been solved? I personally think the truck driver with the gun is who shot them and I don't believe they're the couple from Oregon and I definately don't think they're the Argentine couple...other than that I have no clue.

This is the case of all cases to me...well other than Jack The Ripper! I don't understand why this case hasn't been solved? I personally think the truck driver with the gun is who shot them and I don't believe they're the couple from Oregon and I definately don't think they're the Argentine couple...other than that I have no clue.
I'm pretty sure they haven't been reported missing or their missing person reports were lost.

This is the reason that I surmise they were Canadian. I think they were on holiday fm Ontario and were either siblings or cousins. I think Jock had finished university and she probably finished grade 13, before heading to uni. Graduation adventure.

Our Does aren't genetically related to one another, but they look like they could be, don't they? That makes me believe they come from the same ethnic background.
I haven't seen Edward Flett suggested before, but you might be onto something, T rex. Too bad there's only one picture available for him.

Our Does aren't genetically related to one another, but they look like they could be, don't they? That makes me believe they come from the same ethnic background.
I haven't seen Edward Flett suggested before, but you might be onto something, T rex. Too bad there's only one picture available for him.

Yea I thought it would be worth bringing up. I have always thought theses victims could be presumed dead by their families and that's why they aren't looking. Although this instance would only explain half of it, there's still the female.
I think the area that Edward Flett was in at the time of his disappearance is known as the Island Nations. That's kinda self explanatory. There's a lot of water around and it's very possible the plane simply went down without a trace, but it's also possible it could have happened some other way.

It has been awhile since I took a good look at the Canada angle in this case and that is what I have been doing here recently.
I decided I would focus some on highway 52. It runs from Charleston SC thru the areas pertaining to this case. It then goes right thru Wadesboro the home of George Henry and continues northwest all the way to North Portal Canada at the Not Dakota border where it changes over to highway 39 and goes right into the heart of Saskatchewan. I started taking a look at doctors in this area. I was able to come up with one name that fits. Dr John Paver Falkingham. I have seen the names of some doctors on this thread but I'm not sure about this one. I posted a link below with some information. It says he got his medical degree at Leeds University in England. They also have a dental school there that is housed in the same building as the medical school. I was thinking if Jock Doe started to medical school he could have got the dental work done at that time but then dropped out and that could explain why the work was incomplete.
I could not find any more on Dr Falkingham, although I did come across his wife's obituary. It does not mention a son, just two daughters.
If you want to see the doctors middle name in this link you will have to go up to the search box on the left and search his name.

Physician Profile

After 42 years we still only have one name that is for certain in this case, Lonnie George Henry.
So, I asked myself, could George Henry have a connection to Canada? Well he was a truck driver for Cuddy Farms and Cuddy Farms is based out of Strathroy Canada. There's a connection.
I wonder if his job ever required him to go there?

I find something odd about when Jock was found - he was wearing no shoes or socks, yet his companion was wearing a pair of heels.

I find something odd about when Jock was found - he was wearing no shoes or socks, yet his companion was wearing a pair of heels.
I think there's a very good chance that this crime was motivated by theft, possibly theft of a motorcycle. Maybe Jacques was wearing a nice pair of motorcycle boots, and the thief wanted them.

It's too bad that we don't have any close-up photos of Jacques's bare ankles. Motorcycle riders tend to have bare ankles because motorcycle boots rub the hair completely off. Bare ankles would have been evidence that Jacques rode a motorcycle.

SUMTER MYSTERY COUPLE....WHO ARE THEY?

980021755632381b43ded286eabbc990

• Composite courtesy of Carl Koppelman
    bc18d56f5a51a488d010ecdc4d8c88b2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics