Mystery Man Surveillance

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:dunno: That's what they do on Law & Order. I have no clue what standard procedure is in real though.

Nothing they do on Law and Order is the same as real life. Well, I guess I've only seen the show once and never watched again because it was so ridiculous, so I suppose they might do something like real life, but definitely nothing of substance.

It is. But in this case he admits he picked a guy police have been showing pictures of. So he already knows who police have been showing the pictures of. Who is he going to pick?

Oh I agree. I just mentioned the '5 innocent people' because I think the previous poster n/t was suggesting that perhaps LE had 6 suspects.

At the time that Jersey was all over the news did they post his picture up? I can't honestly remember seeing his face until the link to his criminal records was posted on WS but I could be forgetting.

Yes his name is John S Tanko

If you google his name and go to images, there are pictures there

I don't trust MT's so-called "ID" of the mystery man. Apparently, by his own admission, he had seen a photo of Jersey prior to looking @ the photo line-up.

Mike Thompson, the witness who claims he saw a man carrying a baby on the side of the road around 4 a.m. the night Lisa disappeared told ABC News police questioned him again on Monday.

"Yesterday they showed me a paper with six pictures on it," Thompson said. "And I picked out the man they had been showing pictures of."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...gh-questions-parents/story?id=14810300&page=2

If indeed "Jersey" was in a line-up, maybe he volunteered, hoping to be cleared. In any event, they would need a lot more than someone picking him out, especially since his name was out and about for a while, and anyone could have looked up his photo. JMO

Oh I agree. I just mentioned the '5 innocent people' because I think the previous poster n/t was suggesting that perhaps LE had 6 suspects.

No, LE has to include fillers (people they know are innocent) into line ups. Which in this case sounds like they did. The problem is, motorcycle guy is clearly aware that police have been showing pictures of the guy and he picked that guy. That certainly does not sound like a fair line up.

I don't trust MT's so-called "ID" of the mystery man. Apparently, by his own admission, he had seen a photo of Jersey prior to looking @ the photo line-up.

Mike Thompson, the witness who claims he saw a man carrying a baby on the side of the road around 4 a.m. the night Lisa disappeared told ABC News police questioned him again on Monday.

"Yesterday they showed me a paper with six pictures on it," Thompson said. "And I picked out the man they had been showing pictures of."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...gh-questions-parents/story?id=14810300&page=2

That's what is sounds like. He knew whose photos were shown around and picked that guy. :floorlaugh:

:dunno: That's what they do on Law & Order. I have no clue what standard procedure is in real though.

Actually some LE does take innocent people or volunteers to be in lineups, at least sometimes. My husband stook up in one once when he was friends with a LEO. (Luckily he was not selected...)

No, LE has to include fillers (people they know are innocent) into line ups. Which in this case sounds like they did. The problem is, motorcycle guy is clearly aware that police have been showing pictures of the guy and he picked that guy. That certainly does not sound like a fair line up.

It sounds like you know this as fact. I can appreciate your opinion but we don't know what LE is doing behind the scenes.

I'm not in the U.S. but I know that in Europe, in most countries, police have a list of people (non suspects) they call in to the station to stand in line ups. My brother was once in a line up in London. He apparently looked something like a suspect so a cop he knew asked him to stand in the line up. He was so scared that he'd be picked out by the victim. :lol:

Actually some LE does take innocent people or volunteers to be in lineups, at least sometimes. My husband stook up in one once when he was friends with a LEO. (Luckily he was not selected...)

This was a photo line up by what the guy says. They showed him photos of six people and he picked one police have been showing pictures of. He didn't view actual people in the line up, just the photos.

It sounds like you know this as fact. I can appreciate your opinion but we don't know what LE is doing behind the scenes.

I know this for a fact because that's what motorcycle guy said. He said he picked a guy police have been showing pictures of. What else could he possibly mean by that?

I'm not in the U.S. but I know that in Europe, in most countries, police have a list of people (non suspects) they call in to the station to stand in line ups. My brother was once in a line up in London. He apparently looked something like a suspect so a cop he knew asked him to stand in the line up. He was so scared that he'd be picked out by the victim. :lol:

If that ever happened to me, I'd probably get picked. I'd be so nervous, staring at the floor, fidgety. :floorlaugh:

It is. But in this case he admits he picked a guy police have been showing pictures of. So he already knows who police have been showing the pictures of. Who is he going to pick?

Exactly - the odds are that he would pick a face he was already familiar with, because he would recognize it. His memory had been tainted by having previously seen Jersey's photo, IMO.

Exactly - the odds are that he would pick a face he was already familiar with, because he would recognize it. His memory had been tainted by having previously seen Jersey's photo, IMO.

We have a guy who waited "about a week" before reporting it, and then he picks someone from line up that police have been showing pictures of. I see quite a few red flags in this situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back