Mystery Man Surveillance

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's possible they told him he picked Jersey. Or he figured it out. We don't know.

They don't tell you the name of a person you picked. I know since I was shown a line up, and then asked the policeman if I picked the right one. He refused to answer. They are not allowed.

He very well could have been told by LE AFTER he picked the picture "You picked Jersey, we were showing his picture around the neighborhood. Did you happen to see it?" Again, relying on a sound bite quote from MSM can be very misleading. JMHO

No, LE has to include fillers (people they know are innocent) into line ups. Which in this case sounds like they did. The problem is, motorcycle guy is clearly aware that police have been showing pictures of the guy and he picked that guy. That certainly does not sound like a fair line up.

I'm confused here. How does motorcycle guy know what this guy that the police have been showing pictures of looks like? Does he know him personally? Did he somehow see a picture of this guy before the police lineup? Or did he get a detailed description from someone who saw the picture that police were showing around? TIA.

I'm confused here. How does motorcycle guy know what this guy that the police have been showing pictures of looks like? Does he know him personally? Did he somehow see a picture of this guy before the police lineup? Or did he get a detailed description from someone who saw the picture that police were showing around? TIA.

Well I have no way of knowing how exactly, but I know what he looks like, why couldn't motorcycle guy? I personally am pretty sure I could pick him from a line up, despite never seeing him in real life. Couldn't you?

They don't tell you the name of a person you picked. I know since I was shown a line up, and then asked the policeman if I picked the right one. He refused to answer. They are not allowed.

I did a photo line up after being robbed at gun point at a store I worked at. I picked the guy's picture and LE told me...hey, you picked the same guys as 6 other stores in your area picked who have also been recently robbed. The guys name is ***** ******, do you know him from around the area or anything?

So, they are allowed to tell you....it depends on if they are looking for further information and evidence to help their case or not.

I did a photo line up after being robbed at gun point at a store I worked at. I picked the guy's picture and LE told me...hey, you picked the same guys as 6 other stores in your area picked who have also been recently robbed. The guys name is ***** ******, do you know him from around the area or anything?

So, they are allowed to tell you....it depends on if they are looking for further information and evidence to help their case or not.

When I was shown a line up a policeman refused to tell me. And I did ask if I picked the right person. So I don't know to this day!

Who knows? Maybe he saw his picture on the nightly news, maybe he saw his picture online, maybe he was shown a photo of the guy when detectives were going around asking about him.

The point is, MT admitted he picked the guy they were showing pictures of, so it appears that MT had seen his photo prior to looking @ the line-up montage.

Well I have no way of knowing how exactly, but I know what he looks like, why couldn't motorcycle guy? I personally am pretty sure I could pick him from a line up, despite never seeing him in real life. Couldn't you?

Are you saying his picture was televised or posted on the internet before the lineup for anyone to see? If so that lineup would be a waste of time.

Are you saying his picture was televised or posted on the internet before the lineup for anyone to see? If so that lineup would be a waste of time.

Yes, that's what I am saying, since the line up was apparently done yesterday (Monday), according to the motorcycle guy.

ok so .....the result is we have no clue who these 6 folks are. One of them could have been Jersey or not and 5 others could've been innocent folks or not.

cluciano, ask your husband if he was one of them. We could eliminate one of the 6. :floorlaugh:

Yes, that's what I am saying, since the line up was apparently done yesterday (Monday), according to the motorcycle guy.

Thanks for clearing it up for me. Yep, a waste of time.

LE has to use "fillers" so there would be one (suspect, person of interest, or just a person with possible connection to the case (since LE claims they have no suspect or POIs) and five unrelated persons with no connection to the case.

Sorry.....but that is just not true at all. Once the ID has been made, circled, signed, initialed or whatever they require, they can ask any number of questions about the person, where they know him from, what is his nickname/street name, car they drive, where they live/hang out etc.

I don't trust MT's so-called "ID" of the mystery man. Apparently, by his own admission, he had seen a photo of Jersey prior to looking @ the photo line-up.

Mike Thompson, the witness who claims he saw a man carrying a baby on the side of the road around 4 a.m. the night Lisa disappeared told ABC News police questioned him again on Monday.

"Yesterday they showed me a paper with six pictures on it," Thompson said. "And I picked out the man they had been showing pictures of."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...gh-questions-parents/story?id=14810300&page=2

thank you. so motorcycle man picked jersey out of a 6 man photo line-up. I don't read his statement as admitting he had seen a picture of Jersey prior to looking at the 6 man photo lineup.

The way I read this is that the reporter showed motorcycle man the picture of Jersey that LE showed to potential witnesses - and that's when motorcycle man said "Yesterday they showed me a paper with six pictures on it," Thompson said. "And I picked out the man they had been showing pictures of." as in - yes. that is the guy I picked out of the lineup.

The report goes on to say -....the other witnesses, a couple who live three houses down from the Irwin house, said the photo did not match the man they say they saw with a baby the night Lisa disappeared.

I read this as - the photo the reporter is showing them is a picture of Jersey.

==================

ergo the motorcycle man aka Mike Thompson picked Jersey - out of a line up -as the man walking with a baby at 4am.

Sorry.....but that is just not true at all. Once the ID has been made, circled, signed, initialed or whatever they require, they can ask any number of questions about the person, where they know him from, what is his nickname/street name, car they drive, where they live/hang out etc.

Well when I had been shown a line up the policeman never did any of that and refused to tell me if I picked the right one. He didn't tell it to any of us who were shown this line up. I believed the police was not allowed, but if they are, maybe that means none of us picked the suspect.

I guess they have to show they're not only focusing on the parents. :innocent:

FWIW...One Eyed Jacks, that "jersey" was kicked out of, is a neighborhood biker bar.
Maybe motorcycle guy remembers his face from the bar? JMHO

Look, by now I could pick him from a line up. Does it mean I saw him carrying a baby? No.
:floorlaugh:

If that ever happened to me, I'd probably get picked. I'd be so nervous, staring at the floor, fidgety. :floorlaugh:

Oh me too. I always act guilty even when I've done nothing wrong. :lol:

I guess they have to show they're not only focusing on the parents. :innocent:

Yes, I guess your right. What I don't understand is why bother with a lineup if the POI's picture is out on the news and internet. It wouldn't mean squat if he's picked out of a spread. Why not just say we are showing pictures around and investigating every angle. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back