Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The purse I had taken from the car was 100 dollars, which for me is the equivalent of 1200 dollars because I would never pay that for a purse, but yes, I still would leave it in the car. I do it now with my bankcards (all the money I have in the world), the children's social security cards, my ids, etc. So yep, I still would. And I know it is a horrible habit, but growing up in Cary my family was never overly concerned with safety. We didn't lock the doors on anything - house or car. These are habits we have tried to change, but they die hard.

Sorry, but some habits need to be broken. When you grew up times were different than they are now.

The theft could be petty now, but there are child molesters, rape, and abductions occuring every day in our nation. What if this information got into the wrong hands? You are giving them everything they need to do this. Sure it is Cary, I live here too, but why give them the tools to do harm?

Husbands keys to gain entry to the home with children.
Keys for any other valuables they chose to take.
Calendar & address book to know where this person goes.
Time & Cost to replace items.
$$ that can't be replaced.
Pictures that can't be replaced.
Personal information....IDENTITY THEFT

This is just a small point, but are we sure that Nancy's Louis Vuitton purse was really $1200? I know Brad says in item 73 of his first affadavit that "Last Christmas, she [Nancy] purchased a $1,200.00 Louis Vuitton laptop case for me, but I asked her to return it." Did I miss it when Nancy's purse was valued at $1200? I'm wondering if we are confusing the two...

On a side note, I wonder if that's the first thing Brad said after he unwrapped the present ("Take it back - it's too expensive")?

I'd probably leave (and have left) my purse in the car regardless of price. To me, it's more a matter of habit than anything, except possibly a sense of trust, feeling safe in your neighborhood. I do it all the time around home or frequent haunts...like school or friends houses, etc. I see cell phones, i pods, in cars all the time. Many times, people think they'll be right back out, or they have their hands full with shopping bags, or kids or the like.
This is not peculiar to me, one bit. Again, I know PLENTY of people that leave their purses in their cars, locked or unlocked. I know the same number that leave their doors unlocked. Cary has the perception of being a safe place...kind of like it's own camelot. Those of us that live here have to admit this.

I do live in Cary, in a Regency neighborhood. No one I know leaves their purse in the car. Or keys. I have to say we all do have garages but I don't leave my purse in the car in the garage either. Garage door is left up too often. Even my son, who parks his truck in the driveway, wouldn't leave anything in plain site. I guess I'd prefer to be safe than sorry.

Oh, and just to follow up, I leave my cell in the car more than I leave my purse. But, I will say if I received a call Friday night from a friend on my cell, I would not trouble myself to put the cell back in the car. If that is indeed where hers was... That would seem odd if she had used it Friday night.

The cell phone is where we were headed in discussion last night when I said the purse was a red flag for me. I don't think we came up with where the cell actually was.
I agree if the cell was in the car, why did she put it in there? Supposedly she had it at the party, why did she not take it into the home and place it with her keys on the counter?

Oh, and just to follow up, I leave my cell in the car more than I leave my purse. But, I will say if I received a call Friday night from a friend on my cell, I would not trouble myself to put the cell back in the car. If that is indeed where hers was... That would seem odd if she had used it Friday night.

I think the timeline might explain how the cell may have come to be in the car. All the Coopers attended a neighborhood party on Friday evening across the street from their home. BC and the girls left around bed time for the girls. NC stayed at the party and received a call from JA (presumably on her cell). NC left the party around midnight. She would have passed her car on the short walk from the party to her house, so could have put her cell in the car as she passed.

Yeah, I would only see the cell being in the car if she left it in there when returning home in the car. I can't see placing the cell phone back in the car Friday night, if that is where it was.

And yes, momto3kids, I know it is a horrible, horrible habit. You just get swamped down with dragging a two year old in and lugging other crud, laptop bag (which amazingly I don't leave in the car, lol) and groceries and such that it is so easy to leave the purse sitting there.

And they don't need hubby's keys to get into the house since most of the time that is unlocked as well ;) But I just wanted to point out that it was not that odd, especially in Cary for people to have the behavior to leave it in there.

BTW, this is an excellent forum, I have been reading for about a week now. Now that I have quit lurking I am sure I will not hush up from here on out!

This is just a small point, but are we sure that Nancy's Louis Vuitton purse was really $1200? I know Brad says in item 73 of his first affadavit that "Last Christmas, she [Nancy] purchased a $1,200.00 Louis Vuitton laptop case for me, but I asked her to return it." Did I miss it when Nancy's purse was valued at $1200? I'm wondering if we are confusing the two...

On a side note, I wonder if that's the first thing Brad said after he unwrapped the present ("Take it back - it's too expensive")?

You have a good point. I have thought of this as well.
I'm thinking we are assuming it is a LV purse because we heard about the purse early by the media. BC affidavit came out at a later date when he mentions LV, but we were already on the path of believing it was NC purse.

I think the timeline might explain how the cell may have come to be in the car. All the Coopers attended a neighborhood party on Friday evening across the street from their home. BC and the girls left around bed time for the girls. NC stayed at the party and received a call from JA (presumably on her cell). NC left the party around midnight. She would have passed her car on the short walk from the party to her house, so could have put her cell in the car as she passed.

I was thinking maybe she put it in there in the morning IF she actually went running. You know, go ahead and put it in there, then she could get the kids and go to JA's as soon as she got back.

I've done that kind of thing before (in addition to leaving my purse in the car b/c my hands were full).

That works carolinalady. I could see myself doing that, especially if I knew I would need to leave right away from the run to make it there in the 8-9 time frame.

I'm thinking we are assuming it is a LV purse because we heard about the purse early by the media. BC affidavit came out at a later date when he mentions LV, but we were already on the path of believing it was NC purse.

The media did say that they removed a LV purse from the car early on, so I'm guessing that it was hers. "Cary police said today that Brad Cooper was cooperating with them, answering questions and allowing them to search his house and cars. About 3:45 p.m., police searched the couple’s BMW sedan and BMW SUV. They also removed a Louis Vuitton purse from one of the vehicles."

I just haven't seen a price for it (could have missed it though).

Of course, her purse could well have been more than $1,200.00. I just took a peek at louisvuitton.com and the cheapest decently-sized purse is $635 -- and they keep going up to $4000+ :yow:. She may have thought she was economising by getting the $1200 laptop case for Brad - it's actually on the low end.

I think somebody on here just pulled $1200 out of the air to illustrate that an LV bag is costly.

I am pretty sure there are two bags involved here: the LV bag that LE took from the car - a ladies handbag, and the $1200 LV laptop bag that BC told NC to return at Christmas.

If her taste runs to LV, makes perfect sense for both.

I was thinking maybe she put it in there in the morning IF she actually went running. You know, go ahead and put it in there, then she could get the kids and go to JA's as soon as she got back.

I've done that kind of thing before (in addition to leaving my purse in the car b/c my hands were full).

She still had to go inside to get the kids, her keys and her ID? that was on the counter. Why not leave the cell phone there also?
Is it because she didn't want BC looking thru her phone? I don't believe so, he had the keys to go into the car and do that if he wanted to.

I am still surprised unless I missed this ...she slept in the girls room with her keys?:waitasec: Why not the CELL PHONE?? If she was this scared the keys wouldn't be of any help if she was in trouble. The cell phone was her life line to 911.

Also, regarding the roses for the recital and the like. It is VERY easy to become caught up in Cary. Having lived there all my life, my hubby will call me out when I start to worry that something will not live up to someone's standards. He has to retrain my ways of thinking after so many years of it :) Sure, you can live there and it never affect you, but you can get caught up in it if you let it happen to you.

It's not unique to Cary, either. I see the same thing happening in the area where I live (not NC). We live in a very nice subdivision and friends around us are caught up in the spending/image and although they have a 6-figure income, they basically live "hand-to-mouth". Their income affords them the ability to get loans and the increase in home values allows the equity line of credit but one day it will catch up with them!

Luckily, my husband and I are conservative and although we enjoy a nice life, we don't spend what we don't have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

She still had to go inside to get the kids, her keys and her ID? that was on the counter. Why not leave the cell phone there also?
Is it because she didn't want BC looking thru her phone? I don't believe so, he had the keys to go into the car and do that if he wanted to.

I am still surprised unless I missed this ...she slept in the girls room with her keys?:waitasec: Why not the CELL PHONE?? If she was this scared the keys wouldn't be of any help if she was in trouble. The cell phone was her life line to 911.

I was talking about the purse, not the cell phone. I don't think we know if the cell was in the car or the house. In general, I sometimes take a thing or two out of my purse and leave the purse behind. I just tuck my ID, cell, & debit card in my pocket. Maybe her purse was in the car overnight and she had her ID & cell w/ her at the party, maybe not.

Also, my one real problem w/ the statement that she slept locked in the girls room was that she left her kids w/ the man she was so fearful of. I would think that if she was truly that fearful, she would've never left them alone with him. Also, I believe her dad said they spoke often and he hadn't feared for his daughter's safety.

Yeah, I remember that too, that her father said that he was not fearful for her or something along those lines. I will have to try to dig that up because that seemed odd to me in comparison with her friends attitudes and once we found out her dad was involved enough to be copied on her emails and the like.

Gosh, I'm surprised how many people leave their purses in the car! I guess I'm paranoid. Even if I stop at the grocery store I'm reluctant to leave my laptop case in the car unless it's hidden—and that's in a locked, alarmed car in the middle of a busy Harris Teeter at 5:00! Although I guess if you had a car alarm armed, you'd worry less? I just know that the police, after a rash of car breakins in our neighborhood, warned everyone not to leave ANYTHING visible in their cars at night. Cds, cigarettes, change in the ashtray...it doesn't take much to raise curiousity and the impulse of someone looking to steal.

I am tending to believe the cell was in the car after looking at JA affidavit.
Look at #9, Jessica states BC called her and said he was trying to get a hold of Nancy, then asked for Carrie's #.

I use 'standard Vtech phones' on my VoIP line. Most VoIP services allow you to use a regular plug in or cordless phone...as long as you plug one extension into the VoIP router. My Vtech system has 1 base station, which I have plugged into my VoIP router, and 3 other extensions, which only have to be recharged in their little base stations plugged into any electrical outlet.

OK I guess I will explain this again. The Cisco VOIP phones are not like what you would use for Vonage. Vonage has a base that you can plug two regular phones into it. Cisco phone is the phone theres no adding lines..you add another phone to a data connection. OK here is how it goes. You take the Cisco phone and plug it into you Ethernet port where you normally plug you NIC for you computer into then you you take you computer Ethernet cable and plug that into the phone. The phone registers itself with the Call Manager (which is not a program but a device) It registers itself with the CM with its MAC Address. It in turn gets an IP address which allows access. That IP address is then assigned to the computer so it too can have access. many of you don't want to accept what I tell you and thats fine but I do this for a living. I assure you Fran there is NO way he can change the records. Anything deleted on the CM will be logged and he would never have the access to delete the LEC's records.

There are a few of you who have no open mind and have him guilty from the start. Many take rumors and roll with them as fact. Hey thats you prerogative. Truth is we know nothing as far as hard evidence. Everything on here is wild speculation. As for saying anything negative about NC because she was killed...sorry but he is defending himself to keep his kids... I would do the same. I have been where he has been and I can absolutely agree with defending his fatherhood and the right to keep his children. He is in a no win situation with those who have him hanging from a noose already. He doesn't say a thing and the people that bet their farms on him not fighting will say "see I told you he wouldn't even fight for them!" When he does fight for them unlike many of you thought he would...its "OH how dare he say anything bad about Nancy!"

The purse... boy I tell you I cant believe that is getting as much work as it is. My ex left her purse in the car all the time...I leave my wallet in their as well. Some people do some don't...depends on the neighborhood or if in a garage ..whatever. Not much focus is on the purse costing 1200 dollars though. Just about how he supposedly controlled... not very controlling sporting that kind of purse. He has receipts for the 45k in debt that was rang up on their credit cards. Its plain and simple to prove.

He may or may not have killed his wife. But NOTHING we have heard proves at thing. We have not one shred of hard evidence that has been made public. So I for one refuse to run with wild theories because he is a man and a husband and thats who it usually is. I refuse to stereo type to make myself feel better. Sorry if I seem snippy but frankly it scares me if I ever need a fair shot at proving myself one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018