Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the tax record, just so you know, I looked up my own car in Wake County and my taxes for 2008 aren't there either, even though they are for 2006. Weird, especially since I already paid them.

Both my stickers are on mine though :)

just goes to show that the computer isn't perfect. Mine are the same. I've apid the taxes on both cars yet neither shows up yet.

based upon my 2008 bill only...

My car registration renews in January
My property taxes are due 5/1.

that may be why someone bought a car in April and is due now 4 months later to pay the taxes.

Dogwood...this is why I am asking the questions. I know nothing about leases at all.

I do know I purchased a new vehicle in April and it is on the WC tax records. I also got my tax bill for it this week already just 3 months later. :mad:

I am confused as to why the BMW is not showing on any records for 2008..:waitasec:

Me too!

Let me ask you this. Is your personal property tax bill due around the same time as the renewal for the registration for the plates?

I don't know much about leasing either. lol

In reading his affidavit and looking at the record of the plate, perhaps the BMW SUV was purchased in 2006?

OK first those seperation agreement means nothing for it was not signed, that could easily be her first proposel. My ex wife who was a horrible wife and unfaithful, her first proposel from her Lawyer had me seeing my boys Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-8 and every other saturday and me paying a ton of money... and shes they one who did the horrible things. I had loads of proof to that as well. In the end...the final agreement... I have 50/50 physical custody of my boys...I owe no child support be cause I have them 7 days on 7 days off. I owe her ZERO in alimony... and she had to buy my out of the house...10k. So you can see...1 it doesnt matter if NC or BC was worse you can still have a crazy proposel. When I first saw that I told my EX she was crazy and why would she think that I would ever agree to that...she said her lawyer told her it was a starting point.... So I told her where to stick that starting point :) In the end I won...if you call all that a win. The boys lose because they nor I did a thing to be apart but I have them and thats all the matters and we are better off for it.

That could easily be a first proposel. Means nothing in the scheme of things because it was not signed.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am a little concerned for you. In almost every post you have posted, you have mentioned a rather tumultuous divorce. I feel really badly for you as it sounds as though your ex really put you through the wringer. I hope you understand that not all divorces are as horrible as you have implicated yours to be. Many are as bad, if not worse, but many are also quite amicable.
I hope for your own sake that you seek some counseling to help you through the feelings it seems you are still harboring.
I sincerely hope the best for you and your future.
As far as the Coopers divorce goes, it was mentioned in Brad's affadavit that they were one of those divorces that were on the more amicable side. To me, that would indicate that the separation agreement might very well have been signed by both parties.
On the other side of the coin, though, I will admit that I had a lawyer once tell me to never ask for what you want. Always add a lot more. That way the judge will rule somewhere in the middle, which would be exactly what you want. Sounds like that is exactly what happened between your ex and you in your settlement.

Posted via Mobile Device

OK first those seperation agreement means nothing for it was not signed, that could easily be her first proposel. My ex wife who was a horrible wife and unfaithful, her first proposel from her Lawyer had me seeing my boys Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-8 and every other saturday and me paying a ton of money... and shes they one who did the horrible things. I had loads of proof to that as well. In the end...the final agreement... I have 50/50 physical custody of my boys...I owe no child support be cause I have them 7 days on 7 days off. I owe her ZERO in alimony... and she had to buy my out of the house...10k. So you can see...1 it doesnt matter if NC or BC was worse you can still have a crazy proposel. When I first saw that I told my EX she was crazy and why would she think that I would ever agree to that...she said her lawyer told her it was a starting point.... So I told her where to stick that starting point :) In the end I won...if you call all that a win. The boys lose because they nor I did a thing to be apart but I have them and thats all the matters and we are better off for it.

That could easily be a first proposel. Means nothing in the scheme of things because it was not signed.

too bad that brad didn't know these things... nancy might still be alive.

Seems like they are at least for something productive... unlike 8k dollar paintings, 1200 dollar purses, 200 dollar jeans, and 200 pedicures...

brad's Ironman expenses were productive?
uh, no.

i believe the pedicure was medical due to her runner's feet.

I am right there with you Bob, and I have been since day one, at least with an open mind.

hardly. your perception is colored by your past w/ your ex-wife.
your bitterness is palpable.

North Carolina has a formula for how much child support one must pay. It's set in stone. If the $2,100/mth. stated in their unsigned separation agreement is based on that, then he was making a ton of $$. I doubt he'd end up paying that much in the long run after the back & forth negotiations were finished. And, the alimony was left blank, so that hadn't been determined yet. Because she did not work during the marriage, I'm quite sure he'd have to pay some alimony.

Another thought...she could very well have suggested he pay more child support to include alimony, and that is why it was left blank. I know some of her friends mentioned in their affidavits that NC felt he took the passports and was trying to prove he was a good dad because he didn't want to pay that much child support. But his attorney must have infomed him that figure was above the formula. Of course, I have no idea what his salary is. I'm just not sure it was the money that changed his mind and wanted her to stay. I think he was afraid she'd leave with the kids and wipe out the bank accounts. And being in Canada would make it harder to get anything back.

would the car registration stickers ever be put inside the front windshield on the right side or on a piece of paper inside on the right side, sitting on top of the dashboard?

North Carolina has a formula for how much child support one must pay. It's set in stone. If the $2,100/mth. stated in their unsigned separation agreement is based on that, then he was making a ton of $$. I doubt he'd end up paying that much in the long run after the back & forth negotiations were finished. And, the alimony was left blank, so that hadn't been determined yet. Because she did not work during the marriage, I'm quite sure he'd have to pay some alimony.

Another thought...she could very well have suggested he pay more child support to include alimony, and that is why it was left blank. I know some of her friends mentioned in their affidavits that NC felt he took the passports and was trying to prove he was a good dad because he didn't want to pay that much child support. But his attorney must have infomed him that figure was above the formula. Of course, I have no idea what his salary is. I'm just not sure it was the money that changed his mind and wanted her to stay. I think he was afraid she'd leave with the kids and wipe out the bank accounts. And being in Canada would make it harder to get anything back.

Yes they have a formula BUT you do not have to use it... hence I pay nothing.

too bad that brad didn't know these things... nancy might still be alive.

that's a good one!

How do we know he didn't know these things?

And isn't it possible he took the passports - and somewhere there's mentioned a splitting of the kids passports - so she wouldn't flee to Canada with the kids and him face her possible non-extradition?

That's what some crazy adoptive mother (Allison Quets) did - stole the baby she gave up for adoption and fled to Canada.

Long time lurker, first time poster. :woohoo:

Concerning the registration stickers on the plates, I'm not sure of their significance other than their absence from the plate, but...I don't know anyone who pulls off those stickers when they get new ones -- they stick too well. So where are the old stickers? Seems like there would be some evidence of them.

My second question is for RC since he seems to have a good grip on the legal stuff, but everyone else feel free to chime in: Would a subpoena be issued for Interact in the custody case if NC's parents didn't KNOW there was something in their records? If they only suspected, could a subpoena be issued?

would the car registration stickers ever be put inside the front windshield on the right side or on a piece of paper inside on the right side, sitting on top of the dashboard?

I think I undrestand what you're asking so I'll try to help. On the license plate there are two stickers - one in each upper corner. The actual vehicle registration is a piece of paper most often I believe carried in the glove box or perhaps purse or wallet. The numbering/lettering combo on the registration paper matches the numbering/lettering on the actual plate to prove that registration and/or plate is valid. I have never seen anyone display their paper registration on the dash board but it is possible I suppose.

that's not the way it's done in NC.

I couldn't tell you if it's required in NC that you put them ON the plate. I imagine it is, because that's what "everybody" does. Theoretically, all that method does is keep you from being pulled over all the time by the cops.

As a Norht Carolina resident, I have to go with no. They're always on the plate.

The sticker that is displayed on the windshield is the inspection sitcker. Totally different from the registration/plate stickers.

this is part of a friend's theory why these wife murders are taking place.
it is due to men feeling trapped by child support and alimony.

she said that sometimes a woman who feels endangered, will state that she wants nothing from the husband in order for her to get her children and herself safely away from the dangerous man.

another friend's theory is that these yuppie men in the Triangle area are caught up in a competitive lifestyle. they are trying to keep up with the joneses and the stress gets to them; overextended with large homes, expensive cars, small children, assertive wives...

the men are narcissists and don't want to give up any of what they feel is theirs. they blame their wives for everything and their wives must be "erased."

i find it laugable that brad's attorney said that brad was a private man who didn't want to be in the public eye. what? he didn't want the Ironman acclaim? what was his adventuresofbrad all about? he wasn't a wallflower before this. he wanted attention.

The sticker that is displayed on the windshield is the inspection sitcker. Totally different from the registration/plate stickers.

And it is stuck to the windshield on the left.

Hey Dyrewolfe!!! :)

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am a little concerned for you. In almost every post you have posted, you have mentioned a rather tumultuous divorce. I feel really badly for you as it sounds as though your ex really put you through the wringer. I hope you understand that not all divorces are as horrible as you have implicated yours to be. Many are as bad, if not worse, but many are also quite amicable.
I hope for your own sake that you seek some counseling to help you through the feelings it seems you are still harboring.
I sincerely hope the best for you and your future.
As far as the Coopers divorce goes, it was mentioned in Brad's affadavit that they were one of those divorces that were on the more amicable side. To me, that would indicate that the separation agreement might very well have been signed by both parties.
On the other side of the coin, though, I will admit that I had a lawyer once tell me to never ask for what you want. Always add a lot more. That way the judge will rule somewhere in the middle, which would be exactly what you want. Sounds like that is exactly what happened between your ex and you in your settlement.

Posted via Mobile Device

There is absolutely no concern needed. I could NOT be HAPPIER in where I am today for myself and the boys. I was put through the wringer but that is long over with. I share my stories in hopes that people clouded by stereo types and tunnel vision like The Saint... in hopes in keeping one minds open to other possibilities. I have at NO point said he did or did not do it. I refuse to make a decision with out hard facts...unlike some who judge since day one. I am not even going to respond to the Saints obvious attempt to upset me. His/Her words were direct attempt to start something so I will move on from here. Again I don't give my stories for sympathy nor support in the belief that BC did not do it. I Hate to sit back and watch people talk about something who has NEVER been through anything like that and act like they know everything. I use my story to help many people outside of this forum. I believe in truth and facts not wild theories.

don't click on the photos on the adventuresofbrad. some people report they got a virus.

that's a good one!

How do we know he didn't know these things?

And isn't it possible he took the passports - and somewhere there's mentioned a splitting of the kids passports - so she wouldn't flee to Canada with the kids and him face her possible non-extradition?

That's what some crazy adoptive mother (Allison Quets) did - stole the baby she gave up for adoption and fled to Canada.

They both had lawyers...he new these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl