Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The risk BC had was if NC was found sooner than she was the dumpsters would still be there until Monday morning. Big risk IMO.

The dump is so active on Saturdays with all the locals taking household items it would go undetected IMO

there would be security cameras there.

nite, again

hmmm.........never thought of that. But, it doesn't matter, the cameras are probably already recycled. See, if LE doesn't know to look early in the case, it's usually too late for some of these things.

Guess LE really lucked out Brad told them he went to the store at 6 that day. They never would have thought of checking the store. Imagine their luck to catch him in a lie, within, what? or? had they even found her body yet?

Devils in the details

fran

I think once LE came to the house on Sat. they pretty much stayed with him. I guess he could have taken the girls with him if he went to a dumpster. A usual 4 year old could tell a lot of information about what she did on a Saturday with dad and little sister.

I think once LE came to the house on Sat. they pretty much stayed with him. I guess he could have taken the girls with him if he went to a dumpster. A usual 4 year old could tell a lot of information about what she did on a Saturday with dad and little sister.

I don't know that they have had a chance to talk to the 4 yo and I'm not sure what the procedure is. IMO, they most likely would need the dad's permission. Which, imo they wouldn't get, then they'd need a judge's order.

Just my guess, because I'm not sure how this works.

JMHO
fran

I don't know that they have had a chance to talk to the 4 yo and I'm not sure what the procedure is. IMO, they most likely would need the dad's permission. Which, imo they wouldn't get, then they'd need a judge's order.

Just my guess, because I'm not sure how this works.

JMHO
fran

I have a four year old and I can tell you that the window of opportunity to question her would have been small. If someone asked my son what he did the same day he did it or maybe the next day what he did the previous day he would tell you. Other than that he wouldn't be much good unless you asked him directly. For example, If I asked him if he went to the dump he could definitely say yes but not tell you what day.
All kids are differnet of course but I think a traumatized four year who doesn't know where her mother is wouldn't be much help. And I can definitely say if she was questioned now about what she did 3 weeks ago she would not be able to tell you.

Once again, I seriously doubt they were any kind of vulture. Take my word. He was probably from New Jersey.

We have turkey vultures around here. I saw one a few months ago off of TW Alexander Drive (between Miami Blvd and Page Rd) in Durham. I've seen them in eastern Wake Co too. No reason to believe they aren't in Cary. It's rare to see one on the ground here, but they do exist.

ok stupid question but looking again the the picture of BC where he's talking before Nancy was found, is his mouth (looking at the tv, his lip to the right side) swollen or is that just how it looks (normally)?? I've tried to compare to other pictures but just can't tell and it's been bugging me :(

ATTENTION LOCALS - Michelle Young case on tonight @ 10:30 PM

Michelle Young's brutal murder in 2006 made national headlines. NC WANTED has been following the case and will profile her unsolved murder Saturday at 10:35 p.m. on Fox 50.

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/story/3318006/
progress.gif

Taking the opportunity here to point out how incredibly frivilous it was for BC's attorney to be demanding that the ME turn over Nancy's autopsy report by presenting the following:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3317970/

There is a link to the side for the report. The exam was done on 4/25/08 and the report was completed for release on 7/22/08. Unless it slips out of the ME's office or Cary PD how Nancy was murdered - we are in for a very long wait.

Taking the opportunity here to point out how incredibly frivilous it was for BC's attorney to be demanding that the ME turn over Nancy's autopsy report by presenting the following:

There is a link to the side for the report. The exam was done on 4/25/08 and the report was completed for release on 7/22/08. Unless it slips out of the ME's office or Cary PD how Nancy was murdered - we are in for a very long wait.

In the Michelle Young case, the media said on 11-6-06 "A preliminary autopsy report shows Young died from blunt-force trauma".
The official report was finished and released 1-21-07...nearly 3 months after the murder.

In the Michelle Young case, the media said on 11-6-06 "A preliminary autopsy report shows Young died from blunt-force trauma".
The official report was finished and released 1-21-07...nearly 3 months after the murder.

Like I said, unless it slips from the ME or Cary PD it is going to be a long wait. Two days in a case in which the WCSO was blabbing everything they could think of makes sense. This case is different in that everything is being held back. Its been well past 2 days.

ETA - it also would not surprise me to hear it has been sealed as well.

I Just don't understand , Dana Shorb was found dead on April 26, stabbed 11 times, yet it was not declared a homicide until July 24. Yet Nancy Cooper's body that could not be recognized was declared a homicide within hours if not minutes. Did they not see the 11 stab wounds, did they think she stabbed herself? Different county, different police? What gives?

ehhhh........who was stabbed 11 times,Deduction? Nancy?

Is that the 'rumor?'

:eek:

fran

ATTENTION LOCALS - Michelle Young case on tonight @ 10:30 PM

Michelle Young's brutal murder in 2006 made national headlines. NC WANTED has been following the case and will profile her unsolved murder Saturday at 10:35 p.m. on Fox 50.

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/story/3318006/
progress.gif

Too bad they couldn't run that segment on AMW too. Seems NC could really use some help on that one! :(

I hate it when these cases get prolonged like this. Just like Janet Aboara. So disturbing. :(

fran

I Just don't understand , Dana Shorb was found dead on April 26, stabbed 11 times, yet it was not declared a homicide until July 24. Yet Nancy Cooper's body that could not be recognized was declared a homicide within hours if not minutes. Did they not see the 11 stab wounds, did they think she stabbed herself? Different county, different police? What gives?

That is one thing in the article that caught my attention - Sanford police said they "think" the death is suspicious. WTH ? Stabbed that many times and you are "thinking" it might be suspicious = whoa.

Most of the wounds were to the right side of her body - maybe she was left handed and they thought she did it herself because some were not deep. Who knows ?

Does the dump have security cameras (at least at the entrance)?

I don't know. My guess would be no since it only junk someone is tossing away. But again someone else's trash is someone else's treasure.:)

About HT having camera's in the parking lot which has been mentioned, there are NOT camera's in the parking lot.

I don't know. My guess would be no since it only junk someone is tossing away. But again someone else's trash is someone else's treasure.:)

About HT having camera's in the parking lot which has been mentioned, there are NOT camera's in the parking lot.

What about the WalMart portion and the one at the ATM?

A lot of times a dump will have video surveillance of the entrance. It's to protect the workers as sometimes they work alone and $ is involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member