Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good deduction, as usual, Raisin.

Don't know about you but I didn't see anything in the Ex Parte that was proof Brad was a bad parent - I can't see for one minute why a judge would take those kids away unless there was something provided to him that at least one of the major accusations were addressed in a firm, authoritarian manner by a reputable resource. LE _ Interact would fit the bill.

Don't know about you but I didn't see anything in the Ex Parte that was proof Brad was a bad parent - I can't see for one minute why a judge would take those kids away unless there was something provided to him that at least one of the major accusations were addressed in a firm, authoritarian manner by a reputable resource. LE _ Interact would fit the bill.

I don't see proof he was a bad parent, either. There HAD to be something, though.

Are you suggesting NC contacted Interact before July 12? I think that is certainly possible - if she was feeling trapped she might be looking for any kind of help. If so, they may have records that would be beneficial to the parents. Maybe they were trying to claim some sort of confidentiality?

Just thinkin...

I don't see proof he was a bad parent, either. There HAD to be something, though.

Are you suggesting NC contacted Interact before July 12? I think that is certainly possible - if she was feeling trapped she might be looking for any kind of help. If so, they may have records that would be beneficial to the parents. Maybe they were trying to claim some sort of confidentiality?

Just thinkin...

Actually, I don't think Nancy had any contact with Interact. From the affidavits, it is clear Nancy shared a lot with her friends. I find it hard to believe she would not have shared if she or those kids were being physically abused. This would have given her an immediate out. I think if Interact had any information it came to them after July 12th and possibly through Bella.

Actually, I don't think Nancy had any contact with Interact. From the affidavits, it is clear Nancy shared a lot with her friends. I find it hard to believe she would not have shared if she or those kids were being physically abused. This would have given her an immediate out. I think if Interact had any information it came to them after July 12th and possibly through Bella.
I totally agree. That would be the first item mentioned in affidavits from friends. It would support their cause better than anything else they noted. Either Interact had presented something or...Interact "experts" suggested it would be better for the children to leave the present environment. Being a good dad, it would be hard for Brad to argue against the experts regarding his children.

I totally agree. That would be the first item mentioned in affidavits from friends. It would support their cause better than anything else they noted. Either Interact had presented something or...Interact "experts" suggested it would be better for the children to leave the present environment. Being a good dad, it would be hard for Brad to argue against the experts regarding his children.
...meaning the environment of the investigation as a whole. Cary.

Let's stay on this a bit.

I see what you're saying about the friends; that was my first thought, too. Surely she would have told somebody she talked with Interact.

I am not thinking physical abuse, I'm thinking mental abuse. Sometimes the victim doesn't even realize they are being abused until some independent *someone* tells them so. Sure, you could have conversations with friends who express their opinions, but when an authoritative source confirms it, then it becomes real. So...I would not be surprised, if during the course of their meetings and conversations, her attorney recommended she seek some sort of counselling - maybe even recommended some places for her to go.

If I was an attorney it seems like that would be something I would do for my clients, almost standard procedure.

So to me it is a possiblity she talked with Interact before.

I see what you're saying about the friends; that was my first thought, too. Surely she would have told somebody she talked with Interact.

I am not thinking physical abuse, I'm thinking mental abuse. Sometimes the victim doesn't even realize they are being abused until some independent *someone* tells them so. Sure, you could have conversations with friends who express their opinions, but when an authoritative source confirms it, then it becomes real. So...I would not be surprised, if during the course of their meetings and conversations, her attorney recommended she seek some sort of counselling - maybe even recommended some places for her to go.

If I was an attorney it seems like that would be something I would do for my clients, almost standard procedure.

She would have told one of her friends. She shared intimate details of her life with them. Why leave that out?

It is possible indeed. I just don't tend to think that is the way it was. JMO

I see what you're saying.

Thank you and Reddress as well. Answers my question. So you don't wonder what I'm stewing on - there was a subpeona filed by the plaintiffs counsul - Alice Stubbs, for Interact prior to the 25 July custody hearing. For some reason it struck me - but I doubt Nancy had contact with Interact - I figured it might have been a connection made between LE to help with the children if possible.

on the Interact website it mentions child custody and immigration. i believe nancy had contacted them for help.

Good thinking, Saint. It would be a free service. She had no money.

If she had no money - why was Tharrington Smith - specifically Alice Stubbs, drawing up the separation papers - big buck firm no doubt. Think they do that as a favor for Interact ? The money most likely came from her parents.

If she had no money - why was Tharrington Smith - specifically Alice Stubbs, drawing up the separation papers - big buck firm no doubt. Think they do that as a favor for Interact ? The money most likely came from her parents.

I agree on that for sure - her parents must have been paying Tharrington Smith. I don't think Interact referred her to Tharrington; I think Tharrington referred her to Interact as a free service that might assist her in a variety of ways.

I agree on that for sure - her parents must have been paying Tharrington Smith. I don't think Interact referred her to Tharrington; I think Tharrington referred her to Interact as a free service that might assist her in a variety of ways.

I don't.

Well, maybe we'll find out for sure one day. In the meantime, I'll just add it to my list of unanswered questions to mull over.

Yep. But I think Reddress has a point - Nancy would have told her friends if there was abuse - especially with an impending custody suit - the more the merrier come court time. The only thing Interact could provide Nancy that Tharrington Smith could not was counsuling for abuse. Back to Reddress' thought - and with an impending custody battle - I have serious doubts Nancy would not have informed potential witnesses of such.

I imagine we will find out for sure though.

Yep. But I think Reddress has a point - Nancy would have told her friends if there was abuse - especially with an impending custody suit - the more the merrier come court time. The only thing Interact could provide Nancy that Tharrington Smith could not was counsuling for abuse. Back to Reddress' thought - and with an impending custody battle - I have serious doubts Nancy would not have informed potential witnesses of such.

I imagine we will find out for sure though.
But Interact also helps with immigration issues...and that's where she needed special assistance. She may have consulted them for that reason only.

But Interact also helps with immigration issues...and that's where she needed special assistance. She may have consulted them for that reason only.

That's probably true as I don't think TS has any involvement with immigration issues. Seems Brad was resolving one of her issues though through Cisco - with respect to a green card, heard that but can't remember where. Might be BS. Do you recall that - Brad getting her a green card through Cisco?

After a small retainer to cover the initial work, most divorce attorneys will collect their fees after the assets are divided (house sold, ect).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member