Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ME could tell if knife wounds were inflicted before, at the time of, and/or after death. Not sure if that can be influenced by decomposition or not however.

After 2 1/2 days in the heat, her body was in accelerated decomposition, so much so that the ME had to get dental records to identify the body.
I know it was said they could not easily say if Megan Touma (pregnant army) was stabbed or not due to her advanced state of decomposition.

After 2 1/2 days in the heat, her body was in accelerated decomposition, so much so that the ME had to get dental records to identify the body.

This is why I don't believe that BC intended to go back to the dump site to then retrieve and bury her somewhere. A decomposing corpse would not be something easily/cleanly moved. The opportunity of being seen and/or having forensic evidence all over yourself, your car, implements, is pretty substantial, not to mention the odor of a decomposing corpse. The ME team knows how to remove a (decomposing) body and has the tools and supplies to do so, but BC? And if he waited until she was fully decomposed and skeletonized, that could take weeks, even in the heat.

I have a suspicion that if there was material under Nancy's nails that may id the murderer that there is a possiblity that would have possibly been sent to a private lab. Also Brad's DNA sample. I only say that because the private labs can turn samples relatively quickly - and since LE is hunting for a murderer they may well have done this to expedite or focus the investigation.

The majority of the samples would go to SBI as private labs are very expensive. The 2 month return time - I recall this was posted via an article. But the bright side - it use to take much longer.

Private labs might be expensive but isn't LE providing 24 hour watch on Brad....that has to add up in cost, too.

Private labs might be expensive but isn't LE providing 24 hour watch on Brad....that has to add up in cost, too.

The last I heard about that was at the last briefing Chief Bazemore held. So I have no clue if this remains the case. I was under the impression that LE was assigned in the beginning to assist Brad and the children during the search for Nancy. Not sure Brad needs their assistanace any longer. But I suspect LE knows pretty much where he is and where he goes.

Just wanted to add something to the conversation, I was the one that asked about the long sleeves. I was talking to my hubby about it, he is an investigator. They are REQUIRED to wear a button up shirt and tie. Most men will only wear long sleeves with a tie. This vould explain why law enforcement was wearing them. It just seems funny that in all of these pics you see of BC he is wearing shorts and a t-shirt, then Nancy goes missing and you see him all bundled up. Hmmmmmmmmm

The last I heard about that was at the last briefing Chief Bazemore held. So I have no clue if this remains the case. I was under the impression that LE was assigned in the beginning to assist Brad and the children during the search for Nancy. Not sure Brad needs their assistanace any longer. But I suspect LE knows pretty much where he is and where he goes.

LE was following him in the beginning, and also escourting the family, or at least was at their disposal (seemed like a good recovery for the chief when she responded to that question, anyway).

But I believe it was at the first press conference his lawyers held where Seth Blom said they had stopped the LE from following BC, and I believe Blom was responding to a press question about the overt surveillance.

Cap + jacket= suspicious

did I spell that right?:waitasec:

You know Mom - every store clerk, stock person, cleaning person , night manager has to cringe when working in the middle of the night and someone walks into a store with a jacket on during the dead of summer and a ball cap. The fact that someone at that store had the thought of looking back at a video tape pretty much indicates to me there were some eyes that were a bit worried about a fella walking around in the store in that jacket and cap. Wouldn't be a whole lot of other people to watch I suspect - the proverbial sticking out like a broken thumb scenario.

My quess is someone was uncomfortable with his attire and someone may well be able to id his face, if it was him. Something had to click with someone to alert LE to the tape.

LE was following him in the beginning, and also escourting the family, or at least was at their disposal (seemed like a good recovery for the chief when she responded to that question, anyway).

But I believe it was at the first press conference his lawyers held where Seth Blom said they had stopped the LE from following BC, and I believe Blom was responding to a press question about the overt surveillance.

Thanks Star - I admit I have not seen or watched everything there is about this case. Appreciate it. I often wondered why there was a cruiser out front and one behind his house - that's a whole lot of help :)

The people working at HT would definitely have noticed someone bundled up in a jacket in the middle of the summer. They are trained to notice things like that at all hours of the day, but especially when working overnight.

I agree. If I worked in a store and someone came in with a cap and jacket on,during the middle of summer, my first thought would be that they were there to rob the store! So, I agree that the store clerks probably noticed him right away!

Now to go backwards a bit, as it took me a while to catch up on reading.

I agree with susieclue: raisincharlie, you are a nice person and have always been kind to those who post. :)

Do you 2 think lonetraveler is BC??

If so, and he is reading all these posts, maybe we should all write in pig Latin or something, so he won't know what we are saying. :)

Okay, here is my question for the day. Remember when the memorial was held for Nancy and BC did not attend because he was grieving in private and he stated that he would hold a memorial for his wife at a later date?
Well, when is he going to do this????????????????????
He did not attend the memorial here and he did not attend the one in Canada. Yet, he stated in the affidavit that he still loved his wife.

The people working at HT would definitely have noticed someone bundled up in a jacket in the middle of the summer. They are trained to notice things like that at all hours of the day, but especially when working overnight.

I agree

Hope this link works - it shows the temps by hour recorded for 12 July 08. These were recorded at the airport but probably close enough for demonstration purposes:

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

70 degrees at 351 am
almost 69 degrees at 451 am

Pretty warm for even a light weight jacket.

I agree. If I worked in a store and someone came in with a cap and jacket on,during the middle of summer, my first thought would be that they were there to rob the store! So, I agree that the store clerks probably noticed him right away!

Now to go backwards a bit, as it took me a while to catch up on reading.

I agree with susieclue: raisincharlie, you are a nice person and have always been kind to those who post. :)

Do you 2 think lonetraveler is BC??

If so, and he is reading all these posts, maybe we should all write in pig Latin or something, so he won't know what we are saying. :)

Okay, here is my question for the day. Remember when the memorial was held for Nancy and BC did not attend because he was grieving in private and he stated that he would hold a memorial for his wife at a later date?
Well, when is he going to do this????????????????????
He did not attend the memorial here and he did not attend the one in Canada. Yet, he stated in the affidavit that he still loved his wife.

Runnermom,

Thanks, I do try to be nice but confess my feathers can get ruffled at times. I agree, people working there would have been wondering about that jacket, but in a different way - for their own safety, so I would tend to believe they definitely paid attention. There is a reason someone in that store was able and thought to show LE a tape from 420 am on 12 July 08, especially since no robbery or disturbance occurred.

I have no idea who that person is and quite frankly I don't care. I understand their colors, thats all I need to know. Pig latin - ROFLMAO ! Might work for sure.:)

His memorial for Nancy - don't know anything about it, him being so private and all.

You know Mom - every store clerk, stock person, cleaning person , night manager has to cringe when working in the middle of the night and someone walks into a store with a jacket on during the dead of summer and a ball cap. The fact that someone at that store had the thought of looking back at a video tape pretty much indicates to me there were some eyes that were a bit worried about a fella walking around in the store in that jacket and cap. Wouldn't be a whole lot of other people to watch I suspect - the proverbial sticking out like a broken thumb scenario.

My quess is someone was uncomfortable with his attire and someone may well be able to id his face, if it was him. Something had to click with someone to alert LE to the tape.

Catching up a bit on the Video and Human Survellence issues.

Take a look at the evening news or news websites when there is a bank robbery. They will show either a video clip or captured still image of the robber from the bank cameras. Now we all know that banks are COVERED in cameras, and those pictures are so blurry and of such poor quality that I have serious doubts that a mother could recognize her son on one of them, but they do lead to suspects being caught.

I agree that anyone working the store at that time of night would raise their proverbial antennae if someone came in all wrapped in winter wear in the dead of summer. Jackets have many uses, not the least of which is to allow easy conceilment of a weapon, or a handy stashing spot for all the items on your shoplifting list.

CyberPro

Not sure I agree that all surveillance cameras are blurry and therefore virtually useless. I seem to recall in the Kelsey Smith case it was a video from the store where she was abducted that identified Edwin Hall and much more recently - you have to admit - the surveillance photos from an ATM and a store pretty much gave a very clear picture of Attwater and Lovette.

Morning all...I have no idea about what I am to ask so help me out.

Is there a highly sophisticated tracking device that can be placed within or on a vehicle where at all times a vehicle's where abouts are known?

Morning all...I have no idea about what I am to ask so help me out.

Is there a highly sophisticated tracking device that can be placed within or on a vehicle where at all times a vehicle's where abouts are known?
It's called a GPS , and shhhhhhhhhh LE slips them on all the time. :)

ETA: With the proper warrants, of course.

If there is a tracking device, can it be put on legally if a POI or suspect has not been named?

2nd question...regarding SW.

Is BC searched personally (by naked eye), or can he be asked to remove the long sleeves he might have been wearing when they showed up with the SW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper