Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recalling hearing if Scott Heider's kids , ages 4 and 6 are boys or girls or one each or what ?

Looking at his (Heider) affidavit there is an interesting timeline there. The day Nancy's body is identifed and her death is ruled a homicide, Brad decides to leave the home and take his girls to Scott's house to hide them from the media. Interesting, and then there is the photo of Brad leaving the house with the carseats while LE is conducting the search on the 16th.

Wonder if Heider picked them up on the 15th or Brad drove over, had to return whatever vehicle he drove to Heider's the next day because of the search warrant for the car ? Hmmmmm

could it be 2 girls and a canine?

In the separation agreement it says that each person pays their own attorney. Who pays Alice Stubbs now?

Oh, I wasn't aware of that.

I wonder why computers aren't listed....

I also wonder the significance of the coffee maker. I mean, it must be one heck of a coffee maker, no? Must have been a sticking point for some reason.

Maybe she didn't drink coffee.

Nancy liked $20 wine - maybe Brad liked expensive coffee or expresso. :D
brad could have eaten $20 worth of Power Bars or vitamins each day.

nancy could have bought the wine as a gift for a friend in exchange for
helping her and the girls.

she may have bought for herself when she found out brad had made
$445,000 (including a $285,000 bonus.)

i looked at a few of those artists on that website. it could be that the coopers felt like they were supporting the arts and buying the paintings as an investment.

NC and the sourrounding southern states are full of self-taught folk artists whose paintings are highly sought and their value has increased.

the artists they selected were mostly canadian, right?
they may have felt homesick for canada.

Back to Scott Heider - in his affidavit he also states Nancy initiated a seperation from Brad in May 2007 - wonder what changed her mind to stop the proceeding that time ?

Maybe this is a better question.

I apologize for not being more specific.

So, if you die before the lawyer is paid and no one else is paying
how does the lawyer get paid?

2Daughters1Dog said:
A "Just the facts" thread that contained only confirmed facts (like the maps thread) would help quell some of the random speculation

I think in theory, this is a great idea (especially to help those new come up to speed on the known facts).

The biggest challenge I see right now is so far, there are very few things known with 100% certainty. Most all of the allegations in the affidavits are heresay/opinion/inadmissible, so all of that stuff would be out of bounds for a "just the facts" thread.

At this point, what if anything do we really know with 100% certainty?

We know she was determined missing, we know a search occurred, and we know she has been reported deceased. Other than this, what (of any substance) is known so far really?

[ Even our informal straw poll has Theory D (that Nancy is still alive and in a Witness Protection Program or something) at greater than (though close) to 0% chance ]

Again, I think it's a great notion, but I suspect much of anything beyond the above wouldn't get a consensus to decree as "certain facts".

Hopefully the clarity will improve going forward though (we could always start the thread small, and add to it as things become more solid)

Oh, I wasn't aware of that.

I wonder why computers aren't listed....

I also wonder the significance of the coffee maker. I mean, it must be one heck of a coffee maker, no? Must have been a sticking point for some reason.

....And they split up Bella's bedroom set but don't mention anything about Katie's crib or a dresser. If the girls had separate bedrooms, I can't imagine they didn't both have a dresser.

Maybe this is a better question.

I apologize for not being more specific.

Generally, outstanding debts are paid from the "estate" of the deceased before any heirs are awarded any portion of the estate.

This would be the same with medical bills, funeral expenses, etc.

NC's parents are paying for the custody suit.

Presumably this would be a debt on your estate, and handled like other debts post-mortem (paid by liquidating estate assets as necessary)

Back to Scott Heider - in his affidavit he also states Nancy initiated a seperation from Brad in May 2007 - wonder what changed her mind to stop the proceeding that time ?

Maybe the counseling had them make an attempt at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd