Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just playing devil's advocate... how many local Cisco employees own the same cap? And how many of those might know Brad's phone number?

And how many might have gone to HT at Crescent Commons at 4:20 am on July 12 - absolutely no idea.

Yeah, and Brad cut off Nancy's credit so she couldn't do her side business.

Of course now to hear the grieving husband, it was to curtail Nancy's wild spending.

I believe IF there is a court case, Nancy's attempt to earn a living and Brad cutting off her credit cards and Nancy filing for legal separation are all going to be totally entiwined together.

JMHO
fran

Owning a business I can tell you that cutting off Nancy's credit cards should NOT have stopped her from having her own personal shopping/wardrobe consultant business. I know people who do this for a living. The business is that you assist the client 1st with evaluating and cleaning out their CURRENT clothing, consigning some, giving some away etc. Then you shop WITH the client, helping them fill out their wardrobe, choose proper items that mix and match with current items, buying accessories to make a smaller wardrobe look larger, consulting on alterations and fit, helping the client choose better clothing by using a list (no impulse spending) and guiding the client to certain lines, shops etc that have appropriate items and even using outlet stores and consignment shops to fill out the wardrobe for less. If you shop WITHOUT the client then the client should provide you with cash up front (which you must account for) or you make arrangements with smaller stores to take out things on approval or hold items for the client to come in and try.

Bottom line is that properly done, Nancy would NOT have needed ANY CREDIT CARDS to have her business. There is no need to use ONE'S OWN PERSONAL CREDIT CARDS! If Nancy was using HER credit cards to buy for her clients that is a recipe for ending up in MAJOR DEBT because you must hope the client reimburses you promptly for the items you bought OR returns to you in good condition items YOU PAID FOR that they don't want. If they don't. YOU are on the hook for THEIR items and have NOTHING (or a damaged/worn item) to return for credit. The client must PAY UP FRONT or you go WITH the client shopping, charging only for your TIME and effort.

If Nancy was using HER credit cards and buying for her clients and just ONE client decided NOT to pay Nancy in a timely manner then the interest on the debt could easily exceed Nancy's fees.

Nancy may or may not have made any money from her business, but Brad cutting off the credit cards should have had NOTHING to do with a properly run shopping/wardrobe consulting business. She could have continued on with her enterprise - UNLESS Nancy was using the business to buy client items and NOT putting the proceeds back toward the credit card debt and instead using them to purchase items for herself with the cash she made. It would have been a way for Nancy to spend MORE and not alarm Brad (at least for a while) because she would be floating the debt for a while as a "business expense" - at least until the debt kept building and minimal or no cash proceeds came in from Nancy. It's entirely possible Nancy was using the business and the credit cards to build up a secret cash reserve (from their own debt at 18% interest) - or even just to have more "spending money". Such arrangements have long been used by divorcing spouses to get cash out of the spouse under the radar - Nancy would hardly be the 1st to do this to a soon to be ex spouse.

I have no idea what Nancy was doing with the business or if she EVER made a dime from it (or spent anything on it). I just must disagree totally that Brad's cutting off the credit cards did have (or would have) had ANYTHING to do with the success of Nancy's business - if it was legit, a real business (even a small private one) Nancy could have had the business running gangbusters without a single credit card (or even a checking account). Brad did NOT prevent Nancy from having a business or making money just by cutting off her access to credit cards or even the checking account. Plenty of businesses begin ALL CASH, especially one as personal and service/client oriented as a personal shopper or wardrobe consultant - good business and accounting practices and separating business and personal monies still apply.

My Opinion

Fran,

I don't think this is the case at all. You should try to use phrases such as:

I think
In my opinion...
:rolleyes:
JMHO= Just My Humble Opinion

Roy, you really should learn internet speak before jumping all over someone.

Of course that's JMHO, but OMG, you should look up common internet abbreviations ASAP so I can stop ROFL, KWIM? OTOH, you could just continue to CIO until you feel better.

I agree with you and fran on this. And as far as Cary's being so short and abrupt.......maybe she had consulted an attorney prior to giving her affidavit and was advised to divulge no more then absolutely necessary.

FWIW, when testifying in court or giving a deposition, the first thing your own attorney will advise you, is to keep your answers short and to the point. Try not to elaborate.

Sometimes it can make it difficult to get your point across as you need to add an explanation. Otherwise, the short sweet form of answer MAY give an entirely different meaning to the answer....LOL, is that confusing or what? :crazy:

JMHO
fran

I gotta go with Topsail Girl on the Memorial issue. I see no circumstance where an innocent man doesn't go to this. This bothers me more than anything that NC's friends have said and what Brad's actions have been. As a matter of fact, this is the only thing that makes me lean on him most likely being guilty other than the statistics in general.

Why should he care what anybody thinks?

I'm with ya'll on this :clap:......if I was innocent there is no way I could live with myself if I didn't attend my spouse's funeral......people could gawk, point and stare all they wanted.....I wouldn't care.

Gosh. I don't remember that either. I recall reading in his affidavit that BC said the CC debt had reached 45K, not that was paid off once and racked up again. And I don't remember reading that the $55,000 increase in the exisiting LOC was used to pay that off...

Just to add, I find it hard to believe that Nancy was soley responsible for that CC debt. He had expensive habits as well.

I didn't mean to imply that I thought she was. But going to a cash basis is a great start in reversing the trend. Hard to go into debt if you are using cash.

And how many might have gone to HT at Crescent Commons at 4:20 am on July 12 - absolutely no idea.

How many might have been betrayed by Brad? I can think of at least one.

Edited to add: I guess I should've quoted myself. It would make more sense. ;)

Maybe I just need coffee...:crazy:

Too hot for that...........LOL............how's about this :)

14mza1h.jpg

How many might have been betrayed by Brad? I can think of at least one.

You mean the guy whose house he took his children to stay at on the 15th, the one previously married to HM ? I know who you mean - anything is possible.

I think I understood that although they have a large number of cameras inside the store, that there none in the parking lot. I could be wrong.

Shame too, if they don't. It's because of the parking lot cameras at a Target store that got Edwin Hall arrested. The abuction was all there in full view.

JMHO
fran
That's crazy! I don't think we have any major stores here without them. Heck, we even have traffic cams on all major intersections and some bridges. They're broadcast on our local city station and used in situations like this one.

I didn't mean to imply that I thought she was. But going to a cash basis is a great start in reversing the trend. Hard to go into debt if you are using cash.

Oh good! Sorry if I took that part wrong. :)

I would think if he was uncomfortable thinking the media would be in his face, he could have requested assistance with the CPD.

Where is the wreath from him at the site NC was found? This was per se her last resting place besides an urn....why hasn't he gone to the site to put something, just something there?

Excellent point mom about no momento, flowers, nothing at the location her body was found!!

Even if he was uncomfortable with the media being at the memorial, etc............he could have sucked it up just like everyone else did......I'm sure no one there was relishing the attention and were more than likely quite uncomfortable too but it didn't stop them from going.

That's crazy! I don't think we have any major stores here without them. Heck, we even have traffic cams on all major intersections and some bridges. They're broadcast on our local city station and used in situations like this one.

I know there are some traffic cameras in the area, but not sure if they would pick him up going into the HT parking lot.

IIRC One of the posters that went around the HT (maybe MT3K) said that WalMart cameras are too far away and that the bank ATM was too far away.

I know there are some traffic cameras in the area, but not sure if they would pick him up going into the HT parking lot.

IIRC One of the posters that went around the HT (maybe MT3K) said that WalMart cameras are too far away and that the bank ATM was too far away.

Maybe they couldn't in HT parking lot but there may be a chance his car was captured on the traffic cam going to and from HT.

Does anyone know if there are traffic cams on any of the intersections between the Cooper house and either of the HTs?

You know what they say about keeping your enemies closer.

So I guess this guy also planted stuff in Brad's house that led LE to get a warrant for Brad's office at Cisco. I do think there is a reasonable probability the house on SF was the undisclosed location.

Updated

"The investigation into Nancy Cooper's death has seeped into the civil proceedings which will determine who gets to raise her daughters. Some of the details of her death are likely to come out in the October hearing as each side makes claims for more permanent custody of the Cooper girls.

Bradley Cooper's attorneys requested surveillance video from the grocery store Bradley Cooper said he visited the morning his wife disappeared. They also have asked to question the medical examiner about how Nancy Cooper died; the autopsy is not yet complete."

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1174638.html

So I guess this guy also planted stuff in Brad's house that led LE to get a warrant for Brad's office at Cisco. I do think there is a reasonable probability the house on SF was the undisclosed location.

What house are you talking about? :confused:

Regarding the $300...I guess Brad did not take out any money for himself each week for lunch money etc. Yes, there is a traffic cam at Cary Parkway and Holly Springs Road. I don't know if it is active at night. There is probably one at Tryon and Kildaire Farm Road also.

I was referring to the HT purchase only. I was offering a possibility to discredit the rumored 4:20am purchase.

As for the house, we don't know what was taken from the house nor from Cisco. In some cases you see bags and bags and bags of evidence and in others not so much. I'm not sure what to think of the 6 bags of evidence. How many items fit into those 6 bags (too bad my xray vision wasn't working that day)?

Back to BC's office, it is possible that he would have had access to BC's office since he did work for the same company.

It's a stretch, I know it. And I'm not in any way saying BC didn't commit this murder or that he did. I'm just trying to think of how an attorney might try to discredit these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopelessTrueCrimeCouple