Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the $300...I guess Brad did not take out any money for himself each week for lunch money etc. Yes, there is a traffic cam at Cary Parkway and Holly Springs Road. I don't know if it is active at night. There is probably one at Tryon and Kildaire Farm Road also.

There is. I just looked at it via WRAL.com, the traffic tab. I can't see the HT though.

So I guess this guy also planted stuff in Brad's house that led LE to get a warrant for Brad's office at Cisco. I do think there is a reasonable probability the house on SF was the undisclosed location.

If you're referring to Scott Heider's home.......I too, have considered that was the location for the undisclosed SW.

Regarding the $300...I guess Brad did not take out any money for himself each week for lunch money etc. Yes, there is a traffic cam at Cary Parkway and Holly Springs Road. I don't know if it is active at night. There is probably one at Tryon and Kildaire Farm Road also.

He says he did. Gotta say, he sure made that 20% of the remaining money after regular 'bills' were paid go a long way. :waitasec:

He says he paid the cc's, (I thought that would be considered a regular bill)gas, his lunch during work, misc. groceries, gifts, sometimes extra clothes and shoes for the girls, and anything else Nancy asked him to pick up.

TOD

Well, we know she was at the party until after 12 midnight. She most likely ate something at the BBQ.

IIRC, Brad said she ate something prior to going jogging at 7 a.m.

The stomach content most likely will be the closest determination they can come to the TOD. That and perhaps any insect activity.

Like I've said, there's different length of time for digestion of various foods. It'll come down to how digested her food is.

All the VoIP knowledge and all the phone calls and store visits aren't going to mean anything IF Nancy was murdered shortly after returning from the neighborhood gathering. IF Brad did this, he could have planned all he wanted to and used all his expertise, but IMHO, he most likely never even considered 'stomach contents.'

Circumstantial, yes..........powerful, most definitely.

JMHO
fran

Fran - do you know - would they still be able to determine what was or not digested when her body decomposed for a couple/few days?

I dunno. Do you think that they are this sophisticated in NC(?) because I just have a feeling from what I've read in the Young case and the book on Eric Miller's murder that NC might not have the resouces to do a lot of these investigations with insects etc. The ME in the Young case didn't even do a SAK.

I hope they do but from what I've learned, they don't seem to be that big on CE without some accompanying direct evidence. Another case 'Mom' mentioned - they wouldn't charge until someone saw the murderer at the scene. Jason Young is still enjoying his freedom. Ann Miller was only charged because a lawyer for a key witness (who commit suicide) was forced to divulge what his client had said to him.

Fran - do you know - would they still be able to determine what was or not digested when her body decomposed for a couple/few days?

Hi jilly......

I know you directed this question to fran and she will probably know the answer........interesting question and I may go do some "googling" while we wait for her answer.

I just wanted to add that they can analyze the insects on/within the body as well which would assist in determining how long NC's body had been at the location she was found and possibly TOD (since I think she was dumped very shortly after being killed).

One other thing.......even if the stomach contents and the insect info can be analyzed......I think the timeline is so "tight", if you will, that that information is not going to be anything "key" in this case.....unless, by some chance she was abducted by a stranger and possibly kept alive for a day or so.

"I want to express my absolute confidence that we will solve this terrible crime and bring the person or persons responsible to justice," Cary Police Chief Pat Bazemore said in a statement"

RC,

You brought this up earlier about the Chief confidence in solving this case. He does sound confident but one thing not so confident. Do you see it?

"bring the person or persons responsible"

Food for thought.

"I want to express my absolute confidence that we will solve this terrible crime and bring the person or persons responsible to justice," Cary Police Chief Pat Bazemore said in a statement"

RC,

You brought this up earlier about the Chief confidence in solving this case. He does sound confident but one thing not so confident. Do you see it?

Food for thought.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Because she said person or persons (plural) you think that means it probably isn't Brad?

This seems to be pretty general police speak - they always seem to say that, don't they? I don't put much significance into that.

RC,

Food for thought.
They always say that when they don't want to let the cat out of the bag.
In other words, SHE's mum.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Because she said person or persons (plural) you think that means it probably isn't Brad?

This seems to be pretty general police speak - they always seem to say that, don't they? I don't put much significance into that.

Oh, I am not getting at that at all. I don't put any significance in it either. RC made a point that she (i knew it was a she actually) was extremely confident. Looking at all of it together I agree with you. It is like coachspeek, something anyone in her position would say. They may have it solved but she is not showing her hand at all here in my opinion.

no parking lot cams at that store.

and he was reportedly wearing his cisco cap pulled down and a lightweight jacket.

Hi Star12...I don't know if you are thinking I posted about a Cisco hat, but I don't believe I ever have stated that because I don't know what kind of hat it was. In Thread #15, post 188 I put cap and jacket=suspicious.

If you do see I stated Cisco in any of my posts I welcome anyone to bring it to my attention, and I will correct it.

I will say again there are NO camera's in the parking lot of HT. Inside there are over 70 camera's, but none outside.

Jilly, as to your wondering if "...North Carolina is sophisticated enough..." to have the means of finding out things regarding insects and other things associated with dead bodies. Ha. I have to laugh. We have NCSU. They have entymologists (sp.?) all over the place, then there's Duke and UNC, to mention a few. We have the State Bureau of Investigation, the police departments certainly have resources. What, you think we are all living in dirt floored shacks with chickens and pigs out back? I think NCarolina has the insects on the dead body thing for sure. We even have real teeth here in NC.

The Research Triangle Park is here. More higher educated people with PhD's than you can shake a stick at.

Hi Star12...I don't know if you are thinking I posted about a Cisco hat, but I don't believe I ever have stated that because I don't know what kind of hat it was. In Thread #15, post 188 I put cap and jacket=suspicious.

If you do see I stated Cisco in any of my posts I welcome anyone to bring it to my attention, and I will correct it.

I will say again there are NO camera's in the parking lot of HT. Inside there are over 70 camera's, but none outside.

Ah, sorry Mom, if I misspoke your words. Must have been further speculation that I was remembering, then. My humble apologies.

And sorry to you, too, RC, for the untimely bump on your head.

RC,

Food for thought.

Roy,

Unfortunately I have followed too many cases to fall for the line "person or persons". Our PC world has forced LE to also become PC. One thing about it though, in the cases I have followed where ther are persons - two weeks tops before there is an arrest because one always gets the snot scared out of them and rolls on the other. i.e Bobby Cutts & Myeisha, Speers & Collings and so it goes.

Cop speak in my opinion.

Ah, sorry Mom, if I misspoke your words. Must have been further speculation that I was remembering, then. My humble apologies.

Part of that Cisco hat assumption may have been fueled by me posting a pic of BC in his Cisco hat on the photos thread.........I put it there just "in case".

And I guess I should have put in a smiley face in my post to Jilly, before someone comes along and takes it as "attacking". I meant it in jest, as well as seriously. :D :D :D

Are you serious? This was already a media circus. Him showing up for the memorial or any of the other public events would have magnified it exponentially. It would have taken away from celebrating her and put all the focus on him. And I'm guessing more than a few people would have blasted his "arrogance" for showing up.

In the long run, that would only matter if he turns out to be guilty. I think we all have to do things (such as attend a funeral) that we are not comfortable with, but a person with integrity does them without thinking about it. I agree that the spotlight would have been on him, but he could have found ways to minimize that and I also think it would have made him look less guilty. I am not suggesting that this means he necessarily did it. I am only suggesting that it would have been good public relations to go to the funeral in Edmonton. As it was, the media was reporting the story of her funeral and the story about Brad's affidavit (which questioned Nancy's character and put her in a disfavorable spotlight) on the same day. As it turned out, he actually brought more media attention to the story and created controversy.

JMHO (à la Fran) :)

Thanks Star...no problem.
I just researched what I had said and I knew I didn't know what hat he wore to HT to be able to state it.

I have said from the beginning, if I am wrong on anything I have stated I will be the 1st to admit it on here and correct it. My intentions is NOT to misguide anyone. Will some of my comments grow legs? Absolutely. Just like comments from others will too.

In the long run, that would only matter if he turns out to be guilty. I think we all have to do things (such as attend a funeral) that we are not comfortable with, but a person with integrity does them without thinking about it. I agree that the spotlight would have been on him, but he could have found ways to minimize that and I also think it would have made him look less guilty. I am not suggesting that this means he necessarily did it. I am only suggesting that it would have been good public relations to go to the funeral in Edmonton. As it was, the media was reporting the story of her funeral and the story about Brad's affidavit (which questioned Nancy's character and put her in a disfavorable spotlight) on the same day. As it turned out, he actually brought more media attention to the story and created controversy.

JMHO (à la Fran) :)

OJ went to Nicole's funeral (of course he is innocent:rolleyes:). Scott Peterson went to all the events for Laci.

As for the funeral in Edmonton, is it possible that LE took his passport or asked him not to leave the state and/or country? I don't think he would have went anyways (I sure would not have).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl