Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That surprises me too, Mom. Wanna place bets that this date is further extended by another motion from the DA?

Sept 2 is in 2 weeks. I would've thought Judge Stephens would have extended the date by 30 days, giving enough time for DNA to come back if it is going to take 60 days as some have indicated.

Methinks the noose may be tightening...

from the N&O:

Stephens told prosecutors he would extend the seal beyond Sept. 2 only if there was an extraordinary unusual occurence.

Extraordinary unusual??

IIRC, BC and NC had previously been looking for a larger home. The developer of this area is Toll Bros., and the area they had finally, sorta, settled on was in a different location, closer to RTP, but which also was being developed by Toll Bros. However, no money actually exchanged hands, IMO, because of the marital strife. I'm pretty sure BC would have been aware of this area.

This makes sense if they were looking at a Toll Bros. home to purchase.

from the N&O:

Stephens told prosecutors he would extend the seal beyond Sept. 2 only if there was an extraordinary unusual occurence.

Extraordinary unusual??

They must believe they'll have DNA/forensic tests complete and back by then. But if those tests are not back then perhaps that would qualify as "extraordinary." I don't know...legalese is a whole different language sometimes. :confused:

Of course there is no rule that once SWs become public information a POI has to be arrested then and there. The investigation can continue...further testing can be done...it doesn't mean there WILL be an arrest.

from the N&O:

Extraordinary unusual??

That was my 1st thought....cuffs and badges are getting shined.

Could Stephens mean they don't need to wait on DNA and he feels fairly confident there is enough to go get ole BC and this is a way of putting the pressure on LE with this date?

Next GJ might just be the date to watch for.:)

And the "extraordinary unusual"...not just extraordinary (the DNA results indicate another suspect)...not just unusual (the DNA is not completed). I'm thinking evidence of an alien invasion or something would have to occur to keep these sealed past the 2nd!

ETA: In other words, the DA either has his case together or he doesn't. I'm betting he does, this extra time allows for a few i's to be dotted.

I think the promise to unseal in two weeks was more throwing a bone to the media's lawyers. It's the media that's asking for the unsealing. By signaling that the info will come out soon, the media's lawyers don't have much room to complain at this point, and have no reason to appeal. It cuts down on the circus atmosphere.

I saw kudos to the police, DA, and judge for keeping the investigation quiet and professional. (As much as the voyeurs in all of us would like to see more info now.) :)

That was my 1st thought....cuffs and badges are getting shined.

Could Stephens mean they don't need to wait on DNA and he feels fairly confident there is enough to go get ole BC and this is a way of putting the pressure on LE with this date?

Next GJ might just be the date to watch for.:)

It would not surprise me to find out that some select DNA samples were submitted to a private lab and the results returned within a week.

I say kudos to the police, DA, and judge for keeping the investigation quiet and professional. (As much as the voyeurs in all of us would like to see more info now.) :)

absolutely! they are doing this the right way.

Could they still be waiting on some autopsy tests? That's what I'm thinking anyway.

Prosecutors asked for 1 month, but was granted 2 weeks.

I have the image of Judge Stephens tapping his pen saying who needs to wait for DNA with all you have, results will be here in fair time. Come on ladies and gentlemen, get those i's dotted and t's crossed.:deal:

Reporters your wait is almost over..:camera:

It would not surprise me to find out that some select DNA samples were submitted to a private lab and the results returned within a week.
Gack! I hope they don't use DNA Security of Burlington, infamous for the Nifong frame-up case.

I wouldn't be surprised either RC.

Also as we mentioned ealier and someone found the article, BC had blood taken. If NC had blood under her nails they can get the blood type from the dry blood. A possible quicker scenario if the DNA isn't ready...I do hope it is.

I feel this is a sign that the GJ is going to be hearing this the next time they meet.

I just said the same thing on the Grand Jury thread, mom. I think the judge is confident they will have what they need by next week in time for the next GJ and the perp will be arrested by the Sept. 2 release date.

JMHO
fran

I wouldn't be surprised either RC.

Also as we mentioned ealier and someone found the article, BC had blood taken. If NC had blood under her nails they can get the blood type from the dry blood. A possible quicker scenario if the DNA isn't ready...I do hope it is.

I feel this is a sign that the GJ is going to be hearing this the next time they meet.

GJ's don't get me too excited Mom - someone could already be indicted and we wouldn't know it. Won't know it until the arrest warrant is executed and I believe in NC that can be up to 180 days after the indictment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd