Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GJ's don't get me too excited Mom - someone could already be indicted and we wouldn't know it. Won't know it until the arrest warrant is executed and I believe in NC that can be up to 180 days after the indictment.

I'm not getting any hopes up either. For all we know they may have a long way to go yet. And even if DNA is back, it doesn't mean there WILL be any link between NC and her killer. They need some link somewhere...

I take it that Willoughby would love to have all the tests back 1st since he says they are still conducting tests.
Like anything they would love to have every single ounce of evidence in when they do the arrest and this might not be the case. IMO

Just skim pages 2 - 8 to see what Willoughby has in the Michelle Young case - guaranteed you will be asking yourself W T H ?

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/08/12/3365337/1219081477-20080818133406629.pdf

Just saying, no need to get excited about anything anytime soon.

Just skim pages 2 - 8 to see what Willoughby has in the Michelle Young case - guaranteed you will be asking yourself W T H ?

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/08/12/3365337/1219081477-20080818133406629.pdf

So, RC--we shouldn't send Mom over to make sure BC doesn't try to leave the country after she follows him to the Walgreens where he purchases his hair dye for the occasion? Or should she alert the cadaver dogs outside the home in case he takes the easy route, so as not to have to become a permanent resident of our lovely prison?

Here's a question on the unsealing: I thought one of the reasons cited by the DA is that unsealing too early could result in comprising a defendant's right to a fair trial. If that's true, then seems like it would remain true all the way through to when the verdict is read (or at least until the contents of the SWs are presented during the trail).

Maybe I don't understand the point, but I took it to mean that if everyone here read "we found X, we were searching for X, and here's why, etc"; and they later DO arrest the person who was the target of the search, then the jury pool may have been biased by reading the information in the warrants out of context, etc.

[ Case in point: The Young warrants: After reading those, how many potential jurors won't to into a trial with at least a little bit of bias against the husband?? (if he is ultimately arrested) ]

Bottom line, if the concern about preventing a fair trail and prejudicing the public against a potential defendant is legitimate, and the subject of the warrants is still the subject of the investigation (and a potential suspect), then how is this concern mitigated at all unless the warrants are kept concealed (until either trial, or the person is no longer a suspect)

Am I making any sense?

So, RC--we shouldn't send Mom over to make sure BC doesn't try to leave the country after she follows him to the Walgreens where he purchases his hair dye for the occasion? Or should she alert the cadaver dogs outside the home in case he takes the easy route, so as not to have to become a permanent resident of our lovely prison?

I have little doubt LE knows his every move. No need for Mom to place herself in the way of harm. He is IMO too arrogant to harm himself.

Here's a question on the unsealing: I thought one of the reasons cited by the DA is that unsealing too early could result in comprising a defendant's right to a fair trial. If that's true, then seems like it would remain true all the way through to when the verdict is read (or at least until the contents of the SWs are presented during the trail).

Maybe I don't understand the point, but I took it to mean that if everyone here read "we found X, we were searching for X, and here's why, etc"; and they later DO arrest the person who was the target of the search, then the jury pool may have been biased by reading the information in the warrants out of context, etc.

[ Case in point: The Young warrants: After reading those, how many potential jurors won't to into a trial with at least a little bit of bias against the husband?? (if he is ultimately arrested) ]

Bottom line, if the concern about preventing a fair trail and prejudicing the public against a potential defendant is legitimate, and the subject of the warrants is still the subject of the investigation (and a potential suspect), then how is this concern mitigated at all unless the warrants are kept concealed (until either trial, or the person is no longer a suspect)

Am I making any sense?

Its a BS excuse - thats why a ton of potential jurors are called in, fill out surveys, are questioned by lawyers on both sides, the judge, and the problem ones tossed out.

BS

I did get a chance to see it, very interesting. There has to be more they are wanting from JY, especially a little chat. Shoe size doesn't match JY, and a gas receipt is needed, so it appears nothing is concrete

I guess the difference is BC talked, and has tangled himself in a web of lies. It shows on his affidavit, where he contradicts himself. There are a number of affidavits showing BC had motive and was abusive to NC Also a pending seperation.
IMO, 2 video's..HT and LTF will not to benefit BC. :bang:

I did get a chance to see it, very interesting. There has to be more they are wanting from JY, especially a little chat. Shoe size doesn't match JY, and a gas receipt is needed, so it appears nothing is concrete

I guess the difference is BC talked, and has tangled himself in a web of lies. It shows on his affidavit, where he contradicts himself. There are a number of affidavits showing BC had motive and was abusive to NC Also a pending seperation.

Don't disagree, just saying Willoughby is shall we say, very mild, and wants concrete before he budges out of his office.

I actually thought about doing paper delivery :Bicicleta:and requesting his route so I could check in early each morning to make sure he is not loading items to go to the dump.

Also to stick little sticky notes inside the paper with sweet messages. :)

Today's events did at least confirm that some evidence has been submitted for DNA processing, and is not yet back. [ Before that was strong speculation on the board, but not known with 100% certainty ]

I thought I read that the recovered shoe matched the bloody shoeprint???

ETA: whoops! It was the shoe print in the stain on the deck that matched the shoeprint in the blood. Never mind. Or... hmmm, what if those shoes from DSW were returned for a size 10??

I have little doubt LE knows his every move. No need for Mom to place herself in the way of harm. He is IMO too arrogant to harm himself.

I agree RC. If he talked about suicide last winter I really think it was just manipulation to get his way. Not unlike a child would threaten to hold their breath or throw a kicking, screaming fit for what they want. I don't think he'll off himself.

I agree RC. If he talked about suicide last winter I really think it was just manipulation to get his way. Not unlike a child would threaten to hold their breath or throw a kicking, screaming fit for what they want. I don't think he'll off himself.

I agree - manipulation and a way to get what he wanted. If he wanted to die, he would have. However, it does show a proclivity for thoughts about death, serious or not. Those thoughts were transferred to his wife - he won't kill himself.

So RC.....I thought I would give you a little surprise tonight on here since you did so well on your task last night.

BOY, did I ever get the surprise of my life instead.

My daughter wanted to go to Chick Filet for a shake..I thought I would get you the time estimates if BC went to HT via Cary Pkwy & Tryon. Getting exact times, come to a stop light and who do you think passes me?:waitasec:

I got the best look at him right in his window....He was acting strange just how he was driving. I turned down Lilly Atkins to see if that is where he was headed, but he had not.

So I head on to Chick Filet and get ready to turn onto Tryon Road, look up and there he is again this time in my rear view mirror!! He whipped into the shopping center so fast I had no time to know where he went.

So that is part 1 of my update.:)

So RC.....I thought I would give you a little surprise tonight on here since you did so well on your task last night.

BOY, did I ever get the surprise of my life instead.

My daughter wanted to go to Chick Filet for a shake..I thought I would get you the time estimates if BC went to HT via Cary Pkwy & Tryon. Getting exact times, come to a stop light and who do you think passes me?:waitasec:

I got the best look at him right in his window....He was acting strange just how he was driving. I turned down Lilly Atkins to see if that is where he was headed, but he had not.

So I head on to Chick Filet and get ready to turn onto Tryon Road, look up and there he is again this time in my rear view mirror!! He whipped into the shopping center so fast I had no time to know where he went.

So that is part 1 of my update.:)

So who is following who ? Maybe you should be careful.

Maybe he was in a hurry to get some milk, juice and detergent.

So who is following who ? Maybe you should be careful.

Maybe he was in a hurry to get some milk, juice and detergent.

:floorlaugh: You were quick on that one!

So needless to say I didn't get the times I wanted to surprise you with....RC

He does wear bright yellow, has short sleeve shirts and can go out in public without a cap.

Dang...NCNATIVE where were you tonight? I was actually going to joke with you and tell you I waved and you didnt' wave back...then when I looked up BC was there....:eek:

:floorlaugh: You were quick on that one!

So needless to say I didn't get the times I wanted to surprise you with....RC

He does wear bright yellow, has short sleeve shirts and can go out in public without a cap.

Dang...NCNATIVE where were you tonight? I was actually going to joke with you and tell you I waved and you didnt' wave back...then when I looked up BC was there....:eek:

No problem about the times. Would be better done at 630 or so in the morning on a weekend anyhow.

I was serious about the milk and juice and detergent. I will always associate his name with making trips to the store early in the morning to get those items - superdad. :crazy:

:floorlaugh:

:eek: @ mom!

Be careful Mom!!

BTW, I'm with Star12 right now. We each have our laptops and are sitting outside of {not JJ}, having a soda. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow